🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Census Bureau: California still has highest U.S. poverty rate

Antares

A Rooincarnation
Nov 7, 2012
"
California continues to have – by far – the nation’s highest level of poverty under an alternative method devised by the Census Bureau that takes into account both broader measures of income and the cost of living.

Nearly a quarter of the state’s 38 million residents (8.9 million) live in poverty, a new Census Bureau report says, a level virtually unchanged since the agency first began reporting on the method’s effects."

Read more here: Census Bureau California still has highest U.S. poverty rate The Sacramento Bee

Huh, whoda thunk it?

Despite the very real problems you mention, California still drives the US economy. You buy our weed, wine, nuts, produce and cheese. You watch our sit coms. You line up around the block, by the millions, to watch yet another iteration of our endless stream of stupid comic book movies, or Disney, or Pixar.

Facebook, Google, Oracle, IMB, PayPal, Twitter, Yahoo, Zinga, Craig's List, Tesla, eBay, Western Digital, Gilead, Activision, Electronic Arts, etcetera to near infinity. You've taken the bite of the Apple (based in Cupertino), haven't you?

You're on Netflix (Californian co.), aren't you? They've put your local video store out of business. Where did McDonald's and Burger King and all those other fast food restaurants come from? They came from California. The corporate wasteland you have come to know and love spread to your neighborhood from California.

You've been Californicated, all of you. You probably say 'dude' and 'awesome' at 4 times the acceptable rate.

Anyway, we Californians need to get back to spying on your Facebook and Gmail accounts, so we can figure out how to sell you a lame looking internet wristwatch.

Golly you must really be the legend you think you are ;)

California a great place, it's biggest problem is that humans live there..

"
California continues to have – by far – the nation’s highest level of poverty under an alternative method devised by the Census Bureau that takes into account both broader measures of income and the cost of living.

Nearly a quarter of the state’s 38 million residents (8.9 million) live in poverty, a new Census Bureau report says, a level virtually unchanged since the agency first began reporting on the method’s effects."

Read more here: Census Bureau California still has highest U.S. poverty rate The Sacramento Bee

Huh, whoda thunk it?
how many of that 8.9 million are illegals?.....there are anywhere from 3-5 million out here depending on who does the counting....

"

Huh, whoda thunk it?
how many of that 8.9 million are illegals?.....there are anywhere from 3-5 million out here depending on who does the counting....

That is indeed PART of the problem

I grew up on the Beaches of Santa Cruz
Nice!

I work out of SC, though my work makes a nomad out of me. I moved to Ben Lomond from Oakland in 4th grade and went to High School at SLV. We mountain boys always had an inferiority complex to the cool kids in Santa Cruz.

The OP must be lying. I have it on good authority offered repeatedly on every discussion board everywhere for as long as the internet has existed that only red states are welfare states.

Nice!

I work out of SC, though my work makes a nomad out of me. I moved to Ben Lomond from Oakland in 4th grade and went to High School at SLV. We mountain boys always had an inferiority complex to the cool kids in Santa Cruz.

So do you know Cindy Simpkins?

I do not, off the top of my head. I went to Humboldt County for Redwood Summer in 1990, and I just got back about 18 months ago.

Nice!

So do you know Cindy Simpkins?

I do not, off the top of my head. I went to Humboldt County for Redwood Summer in 1990, and I just got back about 18 months ago.

Ben Lomond is amazing, almost died on Bear Creek Road.

Sitting in Ben Lomond right now, house sitting on a Friday night with 6 more beers to go.

My house is in Eureka, but I'm hardly ever there.

Despite the very real problems you mention, California still drives the US economy. You buy our weed, wine, nuts, produce and cheese. You watch our sit coms. You line up around the block, by the millions, to watch yet another iteration of our endless stream of stupid comic book movies, or Disney, or Pixar.

Facebook, Google, Oracle, IMB, PayPal, Twitter, Yahoo, Zinga, Craig's List, Tesla, eBay, Western Digital, Gilead, Activision, Electronic Arts, etcetera to near infinity. You've taken the bite of the Apple (based in Cupertino), haven't you?

You're on Netflix (Californian co.), aren't you? They've put your local video store out of business. Where did McDonald's and Burger King and all those other fast food restaurants come from? They came from California. The corporate wasteland you have come to know and love spread to your neighborhood from California.

You've been Californicated, all of you. You probably say 'dude' and 'awesome' at 4 times the acceptable rate.

Anyway, we Californians need to get back to spying on your Facebook and Gmail accounts, so we can figure out how to sell you a lame looking internet wristwatch.

I bet we buy whole lot less since ya turned central valley back into desert .....

I bet we buy whole lot less since ya turned central valley back into desert .....

Well, the drought turned the Central Valley back into a desert, just a bit. There's been a high pressure ridge sitting offshore for a few years now, and it won't let any rain come onshore. So, you're correct. You are buying slightly less. But, in my experience of driving through the Valley, I still don't see a lot of abandoned fields. The rumors of our demise are greatly exaggerated.

Pump more water out to sea maybe that will work.

Desalination would work, but would lead to very high water bills.

The average Californian uses about 140 gallons of water per day. Why don't we just take shorter showers and turn off the faucet between every rinsing of our toothbrushes? That's my philosophy, but some people claim that I stink, and should take longer showers.

Just so ya dont run out before the 1st of next yr, not going to some hick place where ya cant get a decent shower. . Going to be in Pasadena if the ebola doesnt spread

The OP must be lying. I have it on good authority offered repeatedly on every discussion board everywhere for as long as the internet has existed that only red states are welfare states.
thats Deans version of the US.....

Forum List

Back