CENTER STAGE

Really, there are a lot of dead people who would disagree with you. Gays are not exempt from all the other problems in human nature.

What in the hell are you talking about, dude? Holy shit.

You made a blanket statement that gays aren't murderers, some are, it's that simple.

Um, no, I think you are confused. I never said anything about gay people and murders.

This is exactly what you said:

"Gays aren't murderers. Rendering your analogy yet another example of panty shitting hyperbole."

Nope. You'd better go check again because you are wrong.

OOPS! You're right.

Are you being serious? No . . . you can't be. That is one of the MOST stupid things ever.

Nope, she actually said that when she was 6, if rights can be established on personal choice, why not? Where do we draw the line, after all we had a line for thousands of years defining marriage as between a man and a woman, that line has now been moved, where will it go next?

Because she's 6, derp. :rolleyes-41: We are talking about consenting adults here. :rolleyes-41: Stop being foolish.

What's your definition of an adult, you dear leader says they're children till age 26, used to be the age of majority was 21, now it's 18, in some States children as young a 12 are allowed to marry in certain circumstances. That's what I mean, when the lines aren't stable you just never know where they will go. Prohibitions against polygamy will be next to go, then what?

So? Those laws have not changed and have nothing to do with gay people. What's your point?

You brought up consenting adults, I was just trying to determine what that means to you. Of course we had a law on marriage, until it changed, didn't we? I guess everything is subject to change depending on a minorities wants.

Or more accurately, depending on the rights that minorities have. Remember, just because you have the numbers to strip people of rights doesn't mean their rights cease to exist. And since the passage of the 14th amendment, the States lack the authority to strip any US citizen of constitutional guarantees.

No matter badly Texas wants to. Texas was wrong on segregation. Texas was wrong on interracial marriage bans. Texas was wrong on sodomy laws. And Texas is wrong on same sex marriage bans.

I can usually just limit each sentence to 'Texas was wrong' and be just as right.

You made a blanket statement that gays aren't murderers, some are, it's that simple.

Um, no, I think you are confused. I never said anything about gay people and murders.

"Gays aren't murderers. Rendering your analogy yet another example of panty shitting hyperbole."

Nope. You'd better go check again because you are wrong.

OOPS! You're right.

Thank you. :)

Are you being serious? No . . . you can't be. That is one of the MOST stupid things ever.

Nope, she actually said that when she was 6, if rights can be established on personal choice, why not? Where do we draw the line, after all we had a line for thousands of years defining marriage as between a man and a woman, that line has now been moved, where will it go next?

Because she's 6, derp. :rolleyes-41: We are talking about consenting adults here. :rolleyes-41: Stop being foolish.

What's your definition of an adult, you dear leader says they're children till age 26, used to be the age of majority was 21, now it's 18, in some States children as young a 12 are allowed to marry in certain circumstances. That's what I mean, when the lines aren't stable you just never know where they will go. Prohibitions against polygamy will be next to go, then what?

So? Those laws have not changed and have nothing to do with gay people. What's your point?

You brought up consenting adults, I was just trying to determine what that means to you. Of course we had a law on marriage, until it changed, didn't we? I guess everything is subject to change depending on a minorities wants.

It means consenting adults. No, the point is that these are adult taxpaying American citizens who, because of those facts, are entitled to all of the rights and privileges as any other American citizen. WTH!!! This is NOT a country like Iran or other countries that would restrict certain groups. We are America, the land of the free!!! We really cannot call ourselves that if we are denying certain "groups" of people rights and privileges!

It means consenting adults. No, the point is that these are adult taxpaying American citizens who, because of those facts, are entitled to all of the rights and privileges as any other American citizen. WTH!!! This is NOT a country like Iran or other countries that would restrict certain groups. We are America, the land of the free!!! We really cannot call ourselves that if we are denying certain "groups" of people rights and privileges!

You've gotta see how some conservatives view rights. Rights aren't freedom *from* something. They're freedom to take something from someone else. To treat others like shit. To degrade them, to control them, to strip them of rights.

Its only when you can take other people's rights away....that you have any rights of your own. That's the Texas way. Well, except Austin.

And they've got Austin surrounded! Per reports coming out of the capital, Texas is getting ready to invade Austin. The US should sent monitors down their as quickly as possible to prevent it.

Really, there are a lot of dead people who would disagree with you. Gays are not exempt from all the other problems in human nature.

Check again, dip. I said that. Its in the very thread you're quoting. And your analogy directly compared being gay....with being a murderer. That's not a human nature argument. That's rabid anti-gay hysterics.

Again, your ilk lost this issue for a reason. Remember that whenever you drive by the county building and realize that gays may well be getting married inside.

The analogy was peoples lives being easier if the courts changed the law, that was the only association drawn. You chose to read it the other way.

You also assume I have a problem with what gays might be doing, I don't, just don't try to force me to participate to make a living, which you can never do, now that I'm retired.

You've gotta see how conservatives view rights. Rights aren't freedom *from* something. They're freedom to take something from someone else. To treat others like shit. To degrade them, to control them, to strip them of rights.

Its only when you can take other people's rights away....that you have any rights of your own. That's the Texas way.

Well, that's the case with SOME conservatives. I've actually met some reasonable ones, believe it or not. :lol: I don't know anyone from Texas personally though.

Check again, dip. I said that. Its in the very thread you're quoting. And your analogy directly compared being gay....with being a murderer. That's not a human nature argument. That's rabid anti-gay hysterics.

Again, your ilk lost this issue for a reason. Remember that whenever you drive by the county building and realize that gays may well be getting married inside.

The analogy was peoples lives being easier if the courts changed the law, that was the only association drawn. You chose to read it the other way.

You also assume I have a problem with what gays might be doing, I don't, just don't try to force me to participate to make a living, which you can never do, now that I'm retired.

I'm sure they do not want to force you to participate. LOL. They just wanted a gosh darn cake! I'm quite sure that being discriminated against here in America in the year 2015 probably pisses people off too.

Or more accurately, depending on the rights that minorities have. Remember, just because you have the numbers to strip people of rights doesn't mean their rights cease to exist. And since the passage of the 14th amendment, the States lack the authority to strip any US citizen of constitutional guarantees.

No matter badly Texas wants to. Texas was wrong on segregation. Texas was wrong on interracial marriage bans. Texas was wrong on sodomy laws. And Texas is wrong on same sex marriage bans.

I can usually just limit each sentence to 'Texas was wrong' and be just as right.

Actually I only disagree with you on one point, the rest were put in place by democrats, you might want to talk to them about that.

I didn't 'choose' to read your analogy comparing gays to murders. I just read it:

Their lives have gotten considerably easier since the courts invalidated all the laws targeting them and stripping them of rights.

Murders lives would be easier if the courts decided lives don't matter, wouldn't make it right.

You directly compared being gay.....to murder. That's not a 'human nature' argument. That's an nonsensical, panty shitting, anti-gay hysterics argument. And its completely irrational.

Gays take nothing from you. Yet your ilk denied them marriage, denied them rights, even broke into their bedrooms and tried to arrest them for consensual sex between adults.

This you call 'freedom'. That I call 'good riddance'. Your State was overruled and should have been. You were taking rights from your citizens for no good reason other than you could. Even when it didn't involve you, take anything from you, or impact you in any way.

Being on the wrong side of history is virtually the State motto of Texas.

Actually I only disagree with you on one point, the rest were put in place by democrats, you might want to talk to them about that.

They were put in place by conservatives. And with each, the only reason Texas gave them up....is that the courts forced them to.

You should just keep in mind that by behaving in this manner, you are only hurting yourself and your family. The law is not going to allow you to discriminate. It's just not going to happen. It would lead to a big fat mess when it comes to doing business. You don't have to accept, agree with or condone anything that anyone does. Business is not a personal relationship. It is just business.

Exactly. If you sell a gay couple a wedding cake, you're not endorsing gay marriage.

You're endorsing cake.

I'm sure they do not want to force you to participate. LOL. They just wanted a gosh darn cake! I'm quite sure that being discriminated against here in America in the year 2015 probably pisses people off too.

No they did not want a generic cake, they wanted a custom cake that the baker didn't want to make. Which brings us back around to the shirt printer that refused to print a custom shirt with a message he found offensive, he discriminated, he wasn't penalized, and the left didn't try to put him out of business.

They were put in place by conservatives. And with each, the only reason Texas gave them up....is that the courts forced them to.

LBJ and his supporters were conservative, really?

No they did not want a generic cake, they wanted a custom cake that the baker didn't want to make. Which brings us back around to the shirt printer that refused to print a custom shirt with a message he found offensive, he discriminated, he wasn't penalized, and the left didn't try to put him out of business.

Was it in the state of Oregon? Different states have different laws, you know. The point is, that the baker is messed up if he thinks that by baking a cake, he is endorsing anything. He is simply doing his job.

They wanted a wedding cake, which the baker not only makes, but sells and advertises about. And the baker denied them.....because they were gay.

Intrastate commerce is clearly within the authority of the State. And PA laws are clearly constitutional. And thus the fine.

Forum List

Back