Character???

Moral equivalency is a modern ethical escape route. You'll see it every time a republican, conservative, libertarian, or other assorted politico gets caught. It is comparable to the child's, 'but Joanne did it too.' Ask any school teacher for examples. That RWLCLCRTPFMW* use it merely demonstrates their immaturity. Consider only that this man voted to have welfare participants drug tested and you soon realize you have entered a world where morality does not exist on a level above a five year old.

* Right Wing Libertarian Cheap Labor Conservative Republican Tea Party Free Market Wingnut

Obama was a coke head

GW Bush was a cokehead and an alcoholic. How soon, or conveniently, we forget......:lol::lol:

Oh, wait...DEFLECTION! What Bush may, or may not have done is irrelevant to the OP.

Wow! Was that taken in the Oval Office? No? On the campaign trail in 2008? No? When he was a senator in Chicago? No???? When?

Doesn't matter. Conservatives don't have a problem with calling for Radell to resign. Meanwhile Democrats seem to think he should go while they knowingly elect a man who committed the same exact crime to high office.

Who exactly is being hypocritical here?
First of all, I do not see any republicans calling for radell to resign. I may have missed if. If I did, please enlighten me.
Second, that said what Obama did or did not do is not a question here. You are using the grade school defense of "He started it." The question remains, should a congressman who is caught purchasing and using illegal drugs resign? It is a simple question.

Your redundant questioning is disingenuous at best. You continue to demand whether only a Republican should resign. That question has been answered here by several people. The question posed to you in response is, would you have the same integrity and strength of character to demand the resignation of an elected official who would lie and abuse thempowermofmhismoffice for purely political gain. What is your answer to that question?

DEFLECTION:
Irregardless of what Obama did on didn't do, should a congressman who was caught and convicted of using illegal drugs resign? And yes, yes, I know you would condemn a Democrat for doing the same thing, but can you condemn a republican?

Actually, what Obama did is completely relevant since you wont call for his resignation for doing the same exact thing Radell did.
Show more brains than you are showing avatar. You are playing the grade school game of "He started it." We are not speaking of a person committing a crime back in their past, we are speaking of a person who was convicted of a crime WHILE in office. The question remains, should a sitting congressman who has been caught and convicted of criminal activity resign?
Why limit your demands only to a sitting congressman? Why not hold every elected official, regardless of party affiliation, accountable to the same standard?

Republicans are always speaking of family values, morality, and character. Now we have a republican congressman, trey radell, busted on cocaine possession and cocaine use. If radell had been a Democrat the conservatives would be calling for his resignation at the top of their lungs. It will be interesting to see if any of the cons on this board call for him to step down. It will be my guess that the conservatives on this board will be more than happy to give him a pass on his drug use. After all, according to them it is only Democrats who would behave in that manner. So come-on all you upstanding conservatives surprise me and show your outrage and call for radell to step down. Failure to do so would be hypocritical.

Only in the poorly functioning left wing mind would one equate all republicans with one of their number.

That is about as stupid as saying all democrats are e il womanizers because Bill Clinton and the mayor of San Diego was.

Dumbass.

Democrats voted for a cocaine and pot addict for President, they're very forgiving.

If he worked for me in the private sector, I'd fire his ass.

I'm sure the House has rules for this, let them handle it.

Republicans voted for a cocaine addict and alcoholic for President; they're very forgiving. If he worked in the private sector, Lumpy would fire his ass, except that he is a Republican, so he wouldn't, of course.

Why do Democrats think they can speak for others?

Btw Obama said he did coke and pot...

Bush did not and most college students drink a bit..:lol:, sooo where's your proof/link..

Here's my link on Obama..Obama's Admitted Cocaine Use - TalkLeft: The Politics Of Crime

Didn't you get the memo? Democrats/liberals are the only educated, intelligent people in this country. They not only know better what you think, they demand they be allowed to control your life. What the hell do we know?

Monday, Oct 18, 1999 01:10 PM +0300
Book: Bush was arrested for cocaine in 1972
Texas author J.H. Hatfield claims the Republican front-runner did community service at a Houston center.
Salon Staff

more
All Share Services facebookFollowerspinterestdelicioustumblrbloggerinstapapergooglemessengerevernotediigoLiveJournalmyspacesinaAmazon Wishlisttypepadslashdotnewsvinebaiduorkutcare2allvoicesmeneamesquidooFriendFeedfarkGoogle Bookmarksxangacurrenttechnorati

Topics: George W. Bush, News

Enlarge
A new book by Texas author J.H. Hatfield claims that George W. Bush was arrested for cocaine possession in 1972, but had his record expunged with help from his family’s political connections. In an afterword to his book “Fortunate Son: George W. Bush and the Making of an American President” (St. Martin’s), Hatfield says he took a second look at the Bush cocaine allegations after a story in Salon reporting allegations that Bush did community service for the crime at the Martin Luther King Jr. Community Center in Houston’s Third Ward.

The center’s executive director, Madgelean Bush (no relation to George W. Bush), had told Salon News and others that Bush did not do community service there, and the Bush campaign likewise denied the allegation. But the Texas governor had admitted to working at Houston’s Project P.U.L.L. in 1972, and Hatfield says he began to wonder if that was actually the community service sentence. Hatfield says he confirmed those suspicions with three sources close to the Bush family he had cultivated while writing his biography, which publishes Wednesday.

Bush’s campaign denied Hatfield’s allegation Monday.

By contrast, “First Son: George W. Bush and the Family Dynasty,” by Dallas Morning News reporter Bill Minutaglio, says George Bush Sr. referred his son to Project P.U.L.L. after an incident in which George W. drove drunk with his younger brother Marvin in the car.

But Hatfield quotes “a high-ranking advisor to Bush” who confirmed that Bush was arrested for cocaine possession in Houston in 1972, and had the record expunged by a judge who was “a fellow Republican and elected official” who helped Bush get off “with a little community service at a minority youth center instead of having to pick cotton on a Texas prison farm.”

Hatfield quotes a former Yale classmate who told him: “George W. was arrested for possession of cocaine in 1972, but due to his father’s connections, the entire record was expunged by a state judge whom the older Bush helped get elected. It was one of those ‘behind closed doors in the judges’ chambers’ kind of thing between the old man and one of his Texas cronies who owed him a favor … There’s only a handful of us that know the truth.”
Book: Bush was arrested for cocaine in 1972 - Salon.com

It takes a lot of 'character' to lie and hide and deny, and get Daddy to have his friends wipe out your crimes. Yes, there's a man of great character. Not only that, but his wife is a freaking murderer who also had her daddy get his friends to wipe out her crime. What a pair of high 'character' individuals you guys worship.

DEFLECTION! This OP is not about Bush and what he did, or did not, do. Answer the question and quit deflecting.

Book: Bush was arrested for cocaine in 1972 - Salon.com

It takes a lot of 'character' to lie and hide and deny, and get Daddy to have his friends wipe out your crimes. Yes, there's a man of great character. Not only that, but his wife is a freaking murderer who also had her daddy get his friends to wipe out her crime. What a pair of high 'character' individuals you guys worship.

Claiming isn't proof and hearsay is merely bullshitting... get real Esmeralda..

Many have claimed without a doubt that Obama sucked their weeny, should I believe it..?

Lunacy is the only ammunition you have to use? There is a universe of difference, the two claims do not have any reasonable comparison, and if you had any intellectual integrity, you'd admit that. The biographer reseached the incident of Bush going to rehab and talked to informed people who know Bush and his family. The point you bring in is so low and base, so childish and looney, it isn't even worth addressing. And, btw, I don't ever continue a discussion with someone who brings up such ludicrous nonsense and argues in circles: it is so very, very tiresome and a total waste of energy, so don't expect me to respond to any more of your nonsense.

What a blessing.

Avoidance...............

Is what Ron is performing as he doesn't get the message sent load and clear to him on this board......................

Attempting to say we don't stand up to our own when they do wrong.....................

Quite frankly, Ron would see the truth if it reached out and bit him in the ass.............
So far I have only seen two conservatives who favor raydell stepping down. You have avoided the question and prefer to attack me. The question is: Should a sitting congressman who is caught buying and using illegal drugs resign from the Congress?
It is a simple question. A yes or no answer is what has been asked for.

Avoidance...............

Is what Ron is performing as he doesn't get the message sent load and clear to him on this board......................

Attempting to say we don't stand up to our own when they do wrong.....................

Quite frankly, Ron would see the truth if it reached out and bit him in the ass.............
eagle, I have not seen you agreement that radell should resign. I have seen this.
"I guess in the fairy tale logic of Liberals this would be the case........................

Do the crime...................

Do the time.................

I could care less their political background on this................."

eagle.
I will consider this a reluctant "Yes."
Oh, and we are not taking "fairy tales" here. We are discussing the behavior of a leader of this country who has committed an illegal act while in office. To me it makes no difference if he is a Democrat or Republican. As a leader of the country I expect him to be an example. If he/she is willing to lie and commit illegal acts they do not deserve to be in office. How can you trust someone to look out for your interests if they are a criminal?

Oh, and one other thing, if this thread is so bad and if ron is so stupid why don't you get the fu#k out of here and post your brilliance elsewhere.

Judicial Watch releases Washington?s ?Most Wanted Corrupt Politicians? for 2012 - Atlanta Paulding County Republican | Examiner.com

January 1, 2013
Judicial Watch, a conservative, non-partisan educational foundation that promotes transparency, accountability and integrity in government, politics and the law yesterday issued a press release outlining their top ten most corrupt politicians for 2012 which included President Obama.

Out of the top ten, two were Republicans Rep. Vern Buchanan and Rep. David Rivera of Florida.

The other eight corrupt politicians, Democrats, which made the list, were:

• Secretary of Energy Steven Chu
• Secretary of State Hillary Clinton and UN Ambassador Susan Rice
• Attorney General Eric Holder
• Rep. Jesse Jackson Jr. (D-IL)
• Sen. Robert Menendez (D-NJ)
• President Barack Obama
• Sen. Harry Reid (D-NV)
• Secretary of Health and Human Services Kathleen Sebelius

Four of the most notable politicians in the report were President Obama, Nevada Democratic US Senator and Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid, U.S. Attorney General Eric Holder, and Secretary of State Hillary Clinton.

Senator Harry Reid made last year’s list due to a “July 30, 2012, headline in the Las Vegas Review-Journal that alerted Nevadans to Sen. Harry Reid’s latest influence-peddling scandal – this one involving ENN Energy Group, a Chinese “green energy” client of the Nevada law firm of which Reid’s son, Rory, is a principal. And according to Peter Schweizer, writing for Fox News on December 12, 2012, “Sen. Reid has sponsored at least $47 million in earmarks that directly benefitted organizations that one of his sons, Key Reid, [RW1] either lobbies for or is affiliated with.”

U.S. Attorney General Eric Holder made the list due his corruption and cronyism within the Department of Justice as the most politicized Department of Justice in decades and the Operation Fast and Furious scandal.[/QUOTE]"Judicial Watch, a conservative, non-partisan educational foundation that promotes transparency, accountability and integrity in government, politics and the law yesterday issued a press release outlining their top ten most corrupt politicians for 2012 which included President Obama.
Judical Watch."
First of all how can an organization be conservative and non=partisan? Frankly, I smell another kock brothers mud slinging operation.
And second, of those who have been listed which ones have been arrested, tried, and convicted of a crime. radell has been arrested, tried, and convicted. You do understand the difference between being accused of a crime and being convicted of a crime?
Get back to us when you can post something other than material from a sewer site with a fancy name.

Republicans are always speaking of family values, morality, and character. Now we have a republican congressman, trey radell, busted on cocaine possession and cocaine use. If radell had been a Democrat the conservatives would be calling for his resignation at the top of their lungs. It will be interesting to see if any of the cons on this board call for him to step down. It will be my guess that the conservatives on this board will be more than happy to give him a pass on his drug use. After all, according to them it is only Democrats who would behave in that manner. So come-on all you upstanding conservatives surprise me and show your outrage and call for radell to step down. Failure to do so would be hypocritical.

Democrats voted for a cocaine and pot addict for President, they're very forgiving.

If he worked for me in the private sector, I'd fire his ass.

I'm sure the House has rules for this, let them handle it.
DEFLECTION! This thread is about a sitting congressman who has been tried and convicted of purchasing and using cocaine. It is not about Obama or any other person. Be that as it may, get back to me with Obama's arrest record.

Last edited:
Raw nerve ending hit.

Just add salt.

If you are too stupid to understand that putting them in jail for their actions isn't a yes then I believe you are taking too much of your product.

How the hell are you going to stay in office if you are in jail..............

Your a dumb ass.

Only in the poorly functioning left wing mind would one equate all republicans with one of their number.

That is about as stupid as saying all democrats are e il womanizers because Bill Clinton and the mayor of San Diego was.

Dumbass.

Apparently, the hive mind of liberals cannot conceive of individual thought or individual action.

I don't know. Perhaps because we thought you on the left were literate and read our responses is in the other half a dozen threads on the topic. So we decided to comment on the complete hypocrisy of the OP who will not call for Obama to resign for doing the same exact thing he wants Radell to resign for.

See we dont have a problem with both leaving office.

Obama is not doing drugs. What absolute nonsense you people express. I guess you believe if you say it enough times, it makes it true. Absolutely ludicrous you all are. Whatever Obama may have done as a young man, it is not as bad as what GW Bush did: he did cocaine and he was an alcoholic. You didn't demand he resign for what he did before he was president. You didn't ridicule him and try to paint him as a druggie. Yet his substance abuse was actually a problem that affected his life and needed treatment. Hypocrites.

Obama did coke too. so get off your high horse.
So, you are equating what a college student did 30 years ago to the actions of a sitting congressman today! Now, I know it makes perfect sense to you but if you want to arrest all the members of congress who committed illegal acts while in college you will probably have to arrest 90% of the legislators.

Obama is not doing drugs. What absolute nonsense you people express. I guess you believe if you say it enough times, it makes it true. Absolutely ludicrous you all are. Whatever Obama may have done as a young man, it is not as bad as what GW Bush did: he did cocaine and he was an alcoholic. You didn't demand he resign for what he did before he was president. You didn't ridicule him and try to paint him as a druggie. Yet his substance abuse was actually a problem that affected his life and needed treatment. Hypocrites.

Obama did coke too. so get off your high horse.
So, you are equating what a college student did 30 years ago to the actions of a sitting congressman today! Now, I know it makes perfect sense to you but if you want to arrest all the members of congress who committed illegal acts while in college you will probably have to arrest 90% of the legislators.

Those pandering to you op fired the first shot on this equation..........

So stuff your self righteous BS...............

It is transparent what you are doing here.

Yawn..........

Passing Judgement on anyone who opposes the left, even after stating we condemn those on the GOP for wrong doing....................

Typical BS Leftist thread.
I did not pass judgement on radell. A Washington, D. C. court passed judgement and found him guilty. The fact he is a republican should not matter one bit.

Avoidance...............

eagle, I have not seen you agreement that radell should resign. I have seen this.
"I guess in the fairy tale logic of Liberals this would be the case........................

Do the crime...................

Do the time.................

I could care less their political background on this................."

eagle.
I will consider this a reluctant "Yes."
Oh, and we are not taking "fairy tales" here. We are discussing the behavior of a leader of this country who has committed an illegal act while in office. To me it makes no difference if he is a Democrat or Republican. As a leader of the country I expect him to be an example. If he/she is willing to lie and commit illegal acts they do not deserve to be in office. How can you trust someone to look out for your interests if they are a criminal?

Oh, and one other thing, if this thread is so bad and if ron is so stupid why don't you get the fu#k out of here and post your brilliance elsewhere.

"As a leader of this country I expect him to be an example.". So, I haven't sen your denunciation of Obama and his cronies yet. Or do you just have lower standards and expectations for Democrats?

Forum List

Back