Charges dropped in Smollett case

It’s another case of the rich having no laws, and the Left cheerleading it.

Naw usually, it's the right who cheers that... you know, like when Trump gets a pass on obstruction of justice even when there is clear evidence he committed it.

Just can't get worked up over a prank.

Now, personally, I wish that they had demanded an apology and a larger fine with more than 16 hours of community service.

But we just watched a trial in this city where a cop shot a black kid 16 times and got a mere six years, and the other cops who covered it up got off scott free. People are STILL pissed off about that... Do you really want to give them a high-profile case to stick it in the eye of the man?

There's really a time when you cut your losses. This was one of them.
26B0D019-AB81-46D9-9588-48389C1C97C8.jpeg

o yes--calling the police for nothing is ok!!!!!!!!
now--there will be NO more crap about white privilege

Why did it go away when we weren't looking.

Let's be honest, the ONLY reason why this got investigated at all was because he was a celebrity. Had he been a poor black person, they'd have filed this in the "I don't give a shit file".

The real problem they have is that if you had a trial between the credibility of the Chicago Police Department of John Burge and Jason Van Dyke vs. the credibility of that guy you invite into your home every monday, that wasn't going to be a very fair fight.
bullshit---you can't have people calling the police everyday with false claims
AND the bigger thing is, this is more proof blacks get away with being racist/haters
....so whites laugh and don't care when you people scream RACISM at everything
...he made race relations worse

So then you all must believe that Mueller never wanted the charges dropped against Trump for obstruction, Barr did. Compare this to that.

The President of the US is not exonerated, but you do not believe that.

Mueller said he was not "exonerated" and so did Barr is his scant letter.

Who are you responding to?

I think Trump did exactly what he is accused of.
I think Smollett did exactly what he is accused of.

I only think one of these is actually a big deal we should be concerned about.

So then you all must believe that Mueller never wanted the charges dropped against Trump for obstruction, Barr did. Compare this to that.

The President of the US is not exonerated, but you do not believe that.

Mueller said he was not "exonerated" and so did Barr is his scant letter.

Who are you responding to?

I think Trump did exactly what he is accused of.
I think Smollett did exactly what he is accused of.

I only think one of these is actually a big deal we should be concerned about.
4AA8545C-5B2E-44CB-8E05-915D8E5228A8.jpeg

o yes--calling the police for nothing is ok!!!!!!!!
now--there will be NO more crap about white privilege

Why did it go away when we weren't looking.

Let's be honest, the ONLY reason why this got investigated at all was because he was a celebrity. Had he been a poor black person, they'd have filed this in the "I don't give a shit file".

The real problem they have is that if you had a trial between the credibility of the Chicago Police Department of John Burge and Jason Van Dyke vs. the credibility of that guy you invite into your home every monday, that wasn't going to be a very fair fight.
AND the bigger thing is, this is more proof blacks get away with being racist/haters
You can if it’s a rich Racist Leftard. Laws are for little people.

At the very least, the deal should have included Smollett admitting guilt.

This result is clearly a case of privilege.

I would go with

4. The political situation in Chicago is such that with a popular black celebrity as a defendant, the possibility of jury nullification was a real threat.

Let's not forget, the Mayor who did all the whining yesterday is gone in a week because he decided to cover up a shooting of a black youth four years ago. The Police Superintendent who stood next to him is probably gone soon after that when one of the two black women who will become mayor gets elected.

They might have been able to win a prosecution, but with a defendant with deep pockets and an unpredictable and angry jury pool, do you really take a chance on something as minor as disorderly conduct?

Yeah, I've seen your argument, and there may well be something to it. On the other hand, I don't see why that - assuming it's correct - wouldn't render the entire CPD & Chicago justice system inoperable. So, for the time being, I'd argue the Smollett case was thrown out for matters pertaining specifically to that case, unless there's additional evidence emerging that would indicate there's broader influence on it. "Black youth shot by the cops and no repercussions" wasn't exactly the kind of story that was previously thought fatally to taint jury pools, or was it?

again, Had a coworker who was black gay dude who got beaten up by three dudes who called him a "faggot". The police took his statement and nothing else came of it. The reality is, simple assaults, unless they catch it on tape or something, the police just take a statement....

The ONLY reason why this was investigated at all was because it was a celebrity and it made national news.

I agree, he's made race relations worse in the way that keying a car that has already been totaled makes it worse, I guess.

Most people just look at him and see that he's kind of pathetic and needy, not any indictment of the society at large. But if you are a racist/homophobe and want another excuse to hate 'those people', have at it.

admit they made a huge mistake in the Smollett case. Sad.

I guess this means Smollet is innocent ! Just like trump .
Trump IS innocent. Mueller said so, and Mueller is a highly respected man of integrity, many Democrats said so.

Well we don’t know what he said cause the report is not public .
CNN and MSNBC told us that Mueller said there was no collusion. Idiot.

Does CNN have the report? No .

Yeah, I've seen your argument, and there may well be something to it. On the other hand, I don't see why that - assuming it's correct - wouldn't render the entire CPD & Chicago justice system inoperable.

Well, I would argue given that the CPD only clears 17% of murder cases because their relationship with the community is so bad, means it is already darned close.

So, for the time being, I'd argue the Smollett case was thrown out for matters pertaining specifically to that case, unless there's additional evidence emerging that would indicate there's broader influence on it.

But I haven't seen it. In fact, all I've seen is that the person Kim Foxx handed the case off to decided that it wasn't worth the resources to prosecute, millions of dollars for a minor felony. That's money they can't spend prosecuting murderers and rapists. (Providing the CPD can actually bring them a case.)

"Black youth shot by the cops and no repercussions" wasn't exactly the kind of story that was previously thought fatally to taint jury pools, or was it?

I think it's a matter of context.

Everyone agrees that the Rodney King trial and the subsequent riots were a major contributing factor as to why OJ Simpson got off on jury nullification. But that same jury pool still continued to send poor black offenders with barely competent public defender to prison. They didn't want to share their streets with these guys any more than white folks did.

But you give them a popular celebrity and a chance to tweak the CPD, over a case that in the end has no real consequences... um, yeah, that's a loser.

It’s another case of the rich having no laws, and the Left cheerleading it.

Naw usually, it's the right who cheers that... you know, like when Trump gets a pass on obstruction of justice even when there is clear evidence he committed it.

Just can't get worked up over a prank.

Now, personally, I wish that they had demanded an apology and a larger fine with more than 16 hours of community service.

But we just watched a trial in this city where a cop shot a black kid 16 times and got a mere six years, and the other cops who covered it up got off scott free. People are STILL pissed off about that... Do you really want to give them a high-profile case to stick it in the eye of the man?

There's really a time when you cut your losses. This was one of them.
View attachment 252497

So let's release the full Mueller Report and we can decide for ourselves. Sounds reasonable to me.

admit they made a huge mistake in the Smollett case. Sad.

I guess this means Smollet is innocent ! Just like trump .
Trump IS innocent. Mueller said so, and Mueller is a highly respected man of integrity, many Democrats said so.

Well we don’t know what he said cause the report is not public .
CNN and MSNBC told us that Mueller said there was no collusion. Idiot.

I'm talking obstruction. Idiot.

again, Had a coworker who was black gay dude who got beaten up by three dudes who called him a "faggot". The police took his statement and nothing else came of it. The reality is, simple assaults, unless they catch it on tape or something, the police just take a statement....

The ONLY reason why this was investigated at all was because it was a celebrity and it made national news.

I agree, he's made race relations worse in the way that keying a car that has already been totaled makes it worse, I guess.

Most people just look at him and see that he's kind of pathetic and needy, not any indictment of the society at large. But if you are a racist/homophobe and want another excuse to hate 'those people', have at it.
bullshit--the police HAVE to investigate assaults--especially against blacks/gays/etc
GODFKING DAMN!!! ????!!!!!!!!!!!! BULLSHIT
1.same shit happens to whites
2. if there is no evidence, the police CAN'T do anything--be it for assault/robbery/etc !!----. I had stuff stolen from my house, they took my statement and that was that
......you are wrong--if it had been just anybody the police would've investigated and if evidence was found, they would follow SOP

Forum List

Back