Charlie Rangel says Food Stamps and Social Security is in the Bible

We are a nation of laws, not of gods.

I find it strange that you attack people that use God to support restricting abortion, but defend people that use Him to support big government. Are you a hypocrite? Shouldn't the speeration of church and state work even if you like the results, or do you actually support theocracy.

Are there constitutional abortion rights in this country or not?

There is a legal right to them, but that does not mean it is a constitutional right. In fact, I would argue that there isn't one, as would many people who actually support the right to an abortion. I would then point to the fact that the Supreme Court specifically said that the right of a woman to make her own decisions about it essentially disappear at viability.

What economy has ever been totally destroyed because of food stamps and social security?

That isn't what he said, is it?

Yes it is. Your inability to read is getting tedious.

I'm not the one that cannot read.

You can't run a economy on food stamps and ssi. Fact.

You kinda can.

Fact.

No you can't. Irrefutable fact.

That would mean that every church, and everyone in its congregation who contributes to that church,

if it gives charity in the form of food to the poor, which of course would include many who aren't working,

those churches are acting contrary to the teachings of the Bible?

Why then do you give money to your church?

This is what happens when you don't teach people how to think.

He cited it as if it were a teaching from the Bible.

He was wrong, you agree with him, that makes you wrong.

Are there constitutional abortion rights in this country or not?

Does a constitutional right to something mean that the government should fund it with other people's money?

If that's so, I'd really like a new rifle. When is the government going to send me a check for one?

We fund religion with tax breaks not afforded to other organizatons.

Not stealing money from someone is not the same as funding them.

Its called evolution. Some people are too short sighted to understand that if you are aware of why you do things your mind is strong enough to overcome those tendencies, instincts, etc. As people become more enlightened to using their minds instead of letting fear rule them (we) will see a utopian society.

no, it is not :D

it has nothing to do with evolution.

man didn't change even one iota from 2000 years ago and will NEVER change.
that's what you, leftards are unable to comprehend. Soviets even banned genetics exactly for the reason it made the idiotic notion of "making a new soviet human" unable to be achieved :lol:

Totally wrong in your analysis. It is evolution. We have changed physically and mentally. People are taller and bigger than they were before so for the less cerebral of us there is a physical change you can see with your own eyes. Also mentally we have changed by slowing and losing some of our survival instincts that kept us alive. Again I stress not being short sighted. 2000 years is not even a blink of the eye in terms of time.

Nope. I am totally right. Mankind has not changed even one iota from 2000 years ago and will NEVER change.

you might benefit from learning the difference between genotype and phenotype and what influences what.

and realize that taller and fatter has nothing to do with moral and ethical issues neither does it anything to do with the way society functions :D

Last edited:
like i posted earlier, libs only agree to seperation of church and state until they see an opportunity to use it to further their agenda

And cons only want separation of Church and State where there is a benefit to be gained by the poor. The moralistic social conservatives are happy to have the Bible handy to hammer folks with, but don't like to hear about how Jesus fed the hungry and healed the sick and ministered to the poor and told us to love one another.

"...but don't like to hear about how Jesus fed the hungry and healed the sick and ministered to the poor and told us to love one another"

Neither do dems. They prefer segregating people into classes and exploiting them along with govt doling out the freebies.

Jesus actually fed everyone, not just the poor, which is why it is absurd to try and argue that Jesus feeding the poor means we have to.

On the other hand, I do know of quite a few churches that feed everyone that shows up for food, without asking them how much they earn first. If Rangel wants to hand everyone in America a basic food allowance, and then tried to argue that it is what Jesus wanted, I would agree he has a point. Unfortunately, he wants to judge them first.

You folks are like clockwork.

Faced with a view you can neither dispute or comprehend..you choose to attack the poster.

Guess that's all you have when you have nothing.

:lol:

Thus spoke Mr. Pot ^^^^

Well no.

I've basically stuck to a self imposed rule, not to personally insult anyone, first.

So far? So good.

:eusa_whistle:

Using that rule, you would be able to insult anyone once you were insulted, even if the person you are insulting wasn't the person that insulted you.

Long ago, Israel tried to help the poor from sinning. When a person is hungry enough, that person will steal food to survive and in doing so, that person commits a sin. So, a law was passed which merchants had to have a special place, a basket or bowl set out with food in it. This was for the poor which they could take what they needed. It cut down on theft big time, almost completely removed theft from the market place.

Well, merchants started to see that their profits were starting to go down. What was happening is more and more people who had the means to pay for their own food were taking the food left for the poor. Those who had the means were stealing from the poor, just like today.

Amazing how history repeats itself.

people were the same 2000 years ago and will be the same 2000 years from now.
that is what the leftards are to ignorant too understand - there is nothing new under the sun - and their formula of collectivist utopia won't work :D

Its called evolution. Some people are too short sighted to understand that if you are aware of why you do things your mind is strong enough to overcome those tendencies, instincts, etc. As people become more enlightened to using their minds instead of letting fear rule them (we) will see a utopian society.

I might see that, but we won't.

no, it is not :D

it has nothing to do with evolution.

man didn't change even one iota from 2000 years ago and will NEVER change.
that's what you, leftards are unable to comprehend. Soviets even banned genetics exactly for the reason it made the idiotic notion of "making a new soviet human" unable to be achieved :lol:

Totally wrong in your analysis. It is evolution. We have changed physically and mentally. People are taller and bigger than they were before so for the less cerebral of us there is a physical change you can see with your own eyes. Also mentally we have changed by slowing and losing some of our survival instincts that kept us alive. Again I stress not being short sighted. 2000 years is not even a blink of the eye in terms of time.

Nope. I am totally right. Mankind has not changed even one iota from 2000 years ago and will NEVER change.

you might benefit from learning the difference between genotype and phenotype and what influences what.

and realize that taller and fatter has nothing to do with moral and ethical issues neither does it anything to do with the way society functions :D

I just pointed out the size difference you can plainly see. I think you may want to first realize evolution isn't confined to genetics. The fact you are typing on the computer shows you evolved in your typing skill. You did not instinctively know how to do it. The synapses in your brain governing that skill are more complex than someone that doesn't know how to type. Morality and ethics can change with the wind. How do you think its possible the military can change a persons morality and ethics? Its spaced repetition and conditioning.

Last edited:
And cons only want separation of Church and State where there is a benefit to be gained by the poor. The moralistic social conservatives are happy to have the Bible handy to hammer folks with, but don't like to hear about how Jesus fed the hungry and healed the sick and ministered to the poor and told us to love one another.

"...but don't like to hear about how Jesus fed the hungry and healed the sick and ministered to the poor and told us to love one another"

Neither do dems. They prefer segregating people into classes and exploiting them along with govt doling out the freebies.

Jesus actually fed everyone, not just the poor, which is why it is absurd to try and argue that Jesus feeding the poor means we have to.

On the other hand, I do know of quite a few churches that feed everyone that shows up for food, without asking them how much they earn first. If Rangel wants to hand everyone in America a basic food allowance, and then tried to argue that it is what Jesus wanted, I would agree he has a point. Unfortunately, he wants to judge them first.

Yes, he did and yes, rangel wants to judge you first. This is why I don't believe in govt handouts. It should come through individuals and private charities. Govt produces waste and generational dependence.

Yes, he did and yes, rangel wants to judge you first. This is why I don't believe in govt handouts. It should come through individuals and private charities. Govt produces waste and generational dependence.

Sounds like a good idea. How do you guarantee that all people in need get help and who coordinates that if it is done privately through different organizations?

Last edited:

Sounds like a good idea. How do you guarantee that all people in need get help and who coordinates that if it is done privately through different organizations?

How do you guarantee it with the government? Since you can't, why do you demand that private organizations do the impossible?

Just look at how inefficient the govt is in social engineering and proceed from there. Wouldn't be difficult because the bar set by the govt is on the floor.

How do you guarantee it with the government? Since you can't, why do you demand that private organizations do the impossible?

But you can. You can raise taxes to meet demand and coordinate it centrally. You cant force people to donate and getting different private entities to work together is like herding cats.

Conservatives encourage taking the food stamps away from the working poor in order to lower the taxes on the well off. All for the votes.

No, if the working poor can buy 20 oz sodas and candy bars instead of actually buying food to feed the family. Their really not that needy.

So the military families you were just defending above were really not that needy...

I don't know are they just buying things they want, not what they need?

But you can. You can raise taxes to meet demand and coordinate it centrally. You cant force people to donate and getting different private entities to work together is like herding cats.

No you cannot. The government even spends money to pay people to go out and look for people that need food stamps, but still insists that they haven't reached everyone.

so why should we even listen to rangel?

Are we a theocracy?

Is there a law against abortion in the Bible that the United States is compelled to obey and enforce?

yes, there is - Thou shall not kill.

and if you want to murder - you can, but you will face consequences.

however, you, as a perfect leftard, will become a perfect theocrat if that will give you the ability to take other's people money.
what a surprise :lol:

And where in the US is 1st trimester abortion prosecuted as murder?

Forum List

Back