Charlie Rangel says Food Stamps and Social Security is in the Bible

Heres a hint: No one cares what the bible says or there wouldn't be seafood markets with shellfish

I've never been to a seafood market. But because there are such markets with shellfish I don't care what the Bible says?

Well, you are right. I am not no one. But I dont think your argument follows any logic.

Long ago, Israel tried to help the poor from sinning. When a person is hungry enough, that person will steal food to survive and in doing so, that person commits a sin. So, a law was passed which merchants had to have a special place, a basket or bowl set out with food in it. This was for the poor which they could take what they needed. It cut down on theft big time, almost completely removed theft from the market place.

Well, merchants started to see that their profits were starting to go down. What was happening is more and more people who had the means to pay for their own food were taking the food left for the poor. Those who had the means were stealing from the poor, just like today.

Amazing how history repeats itself.

• Thanks
Reactions: Vox
You kinda can.

Fact.

A perfect indication of why you shouldn't be allowed to post.

Let him post whatever he would like. Let's just not let him govern us.

People should be free to say even ridiculous things. That's why we have the First Amendment.

I was thinking that his doctors are falling down on their jobs. By allowing him to post like this they will never be able to convince a judge it is safe to let him out. Then again, they might not want to.

So let me get this straight:

- When conservatives object to the government funding abortions on religious grounds, it's bad.

- But when reactionary liberals justify Big Government Spending based on the Bible, it's good.

Thanks for clearing that up.

A perfect indication of why you shouldn't be allowed to post.

People should be free to say even ridiculous things. That's why we have the First Amendment.

I was thinking that his doctors are falling down on their jobs. By allowing him to post like this they will never be able to convince a judge it is safe to let him out. Then again, they might not want to.

You folks are like clockwork.

Faced with a view you can neither dispute or comprehend..you choose to attack the poster.

Guess that's all you have when you have nothing.

:lol:

- When conservatives object to the government funding abortions on religious grounds, it's bad.

- But when reactionary liberals justify Big Government Spending based on the Bible, it's good.

like i posted earlier, libs only agree to seperation of church and state until they see an opportunity to use it to further their agenda

You folks are like clockwork.

Faced with a view you can neither dispute or comprehend..you choose to attack the poster.

Guess that's all you have when you have nothing.

:lol:

Thus spoke Mr. Pot ^^^^

Why, because a judge said so? A baby is a gift from God and shouldn't be killed.

We are a nation of laws, not of gods.

I find it strange that you attack people that use God to support restricting abortion, but defend people that use Him to support big government. Are you a hypocrite? Shouldn't the speeration of church and state work even if you like the results, or do you actually support theocracy.

Are there constitutional abortion rights in this country or not?

I don't find it imoral at all. What is wrong is when peopld become reliant on tbem cause they won't try to better themselves. Liberals encourage life long welfare dependancy. All for a vote.

Conservatives encourage taking the food stamps away from the working poor in order to lower the taxes on the well off. All for the votes.

No, if the working poor can buy 20 oz sodas and candy bars instead of actually buying food to feed the family. Their really not that needy.

So the military families you were just defending above were really not that needy...

I find it strange that you attack people that use God to support restricting abortion, but defend people that use Him to support big government. Are you a hypocrite? Shouldn't the speeration of church and state work even if you like the results, or do you actually support theocracy.

Does a constitutional right to something mean that the government should fund it with other people's money?

If that's so, I'd really like a new rifle. When is the government going to send me a check for one?

like i posted earlier, libs only agree to seperation of church and state until they see an opportunity to use it to further their agenda

And cons only want separation of Church and State where there is a benefit to be gained by the poor. The moralistic social conservatives are happy to have the Bible handy to hammer folks with, but don't like to hear about how Jesus fed the hungry and healed the sick and ministered to the poor and told us to love one another.

Sure, but imo that issue muddles the water because the issue of the OP is really about govt funding, or taxing people. Abortion is divisive enough that congress essentially carved it out of govt spending, and women's rights groups put up private funding.

But I do think the OP is interesting. There was a post yesterday about how the Founders, and the first 4 potuses, would never have found soc sec constitutional. I wonder if the OP isn't the flip of that.

Yeah he's right it does.

Its under "Those who do not work, should not eat."

That would mean that every church, and everyone in its congregation who contributes to that church,

if it gives charity in the form of food to the poor, which of course would include many who aren't working,

those churches are acting contrary to the teachings of the Bible?

Why then do you give money to your church?

This is what happens when you don't teach people how to think.

He cited it as if it were a teaching from the Bible.

Does a constitutional right to something mean that the government should fund it with other people's money?

If that's so, I'd really like a new rifle. When is the government going to send me a check for one?

We fund religion with tax breaks not afforded to other organizatons.

And cons only want separation of Church and State where there is a benefit to be gained by the poor. The moralistic social conservatives are happy to have the Bible handy to hammer folks with, but don't like to hear about how Jesus fed the hungry and healed the sick and ministered to the poor and told us to love one another.

"...but don't like to hear about how Jesus fed the hungry and healed the sick and ministered to the poor and told us to love one another"

Neither do dems. They prefer segregating people into classes and exploiting them along with govt doling out the freebies.

Forum List

Back