Check this chart of top marginal taxes for decades

Note the term available in my question. Just because someone makes more money and has more assets than another does not mean that he has more protection guaranteed by government.

Of course he does. People with more assets have more to protect - try telling your homeowners insurer that you want to pay the same rates as the guy down the street in a half-abandoned mobile home.

But government doesn't exist to protect your assets. They are supposed to protect and uphold the rights of citizens.

What is wrong with right wingers? If ALL of the nation's money is concentrated in the hands of only 1% of the population, then no one else has any money to spend. Result? Depression. It's that "common sense" they claim they have over education. The super rich don't make nearly the jobs the right thinks they do. They have been completely bamboozled.

What is wrong with right wingers?

Probably the same thing that is wrong with left wingers.

If ALL of the nation's money is concentrated in the hands of only 1% of the population, then no one else has any money to spend. Result? Depression.

I suggest a couple of courses in economics. There's not a finite pile of money laying around on which 1% of the population has dibs.

The super rich don't make nearly the jobs the right thinks they do. They have been completely bamboozled.
Some of the "super rich" invest great sums of money in innovation and new products or ideas. Some of them own companies that employ large numers of people. Did you get your job from a poor person?

And the value of the freedom of a rich man is no different than the value of freedom of a poor man...

yes, but the marginal value of the next dollar is a lot higher for the poor man. Other than that, I can only presume that you are intentionally avoiding the simple fact that when protecting the freedoms of private and intellectual property, the value of that property is relevant.

When your argument is false, it is false... it is as simple as that...

Ok then. When you're argument is stupid, it's stupid. Simple as that. See how easy it is to just make shit up?

you are free to have an opinion, even if it is inherently wrong...

Gawd bless the open-minded conservatarian:clap2:

Harding and Reagan's tax cuts generated economic growth while Hoover and FDR's tax increases created the Great Depression

Can you tell the class how increasing taxes in 1933, the start of the fastest four years of economic growth in modern history, could be considered "creating" a great depression that started 4 yrs prior?

Note the term available in my question. Just because someone makes more money and has more assets than another does not mean that he has more protection guaranteed by government.

Of course he does. People with more assets have more to protect - try telling your homeowners insurer that you want to pay the same rates as the guy down the street in a half-abandoned mobile home.

But government doesn't exist to protect your assets. They are supposed to protect and uphold the rights of citizens.

Wow....:eusa_whistle:

Protecting my assets IS protecting my rights.

These are cold hard facts dicklick.

What part of these facts do you think are crap?

Facts don't fit in with their "ideology". Remember, these are the same people who believe we "freed" Iraq but are now screaming that "Islam is awful".

Their little heads are like baby rattles with their tiny minds bouncing from one fear to another. With the worst fear having to admit their failed ideology, "failed".:eusa_boohoo:

Yeah the gaggle of idiots are here right now and maybe someone with half a brain show up and actually discuss the facts instead of knee jerk insulting what they cant defend against.

Defend against? What. the asshattery you spew?

You're a joke. See, I come on here to have fun... you on the on the other hand, think you're onto something. You're not. You don't know shit.

What is wrong with right wingers?

Probably the same thing that is wrong with left wingers.

If ALL of the nation's money is concentrated in the hands of only 1% of the population, then no one else has any money to spend. Result? Depression.

I suggest a couple of courses in economics. There's not a finite pile of money laying around on which 1% of the population has dibs.

The super rich don't make nearly the jobs the right thinks they do. They have been completely bamboozled.
Some of the "super rich" invest great sums of money in innovation and new products or ideas. Some of them own companies that employ large numers of people. Did you get your job from a poor person?

Did the rich get rich all on their own or did they achieve their goals through the efforts (and sometimes exploitation) of others?

Wow....:eusa_whistle:

Protecting my assets IS protecting my rights.

No, they are protecting your rights to property ownership- not the property or assets value itself.

So when the police show up to stop a thief...

Or when a court decides that someone has stolen your intellectual property....

They are not protecting your right to that property? Instead, they are protecting the broader construct of your philosophical and constitutional right to property ownership?

Last edited:
They are not protecting your right to that property? Instead, they are protecting the broader construct of your philosophical and constitutional right to property ownership?

They are protecting your rights of property ownership- that is, your right to keep it, sell it, trade it, or destroy it. They are protecting your rights against others infringing on your property rights. If someone else invades your personal property and destroys it or steals things, that is a matter of law enforcement, not constitutional rights.

They are protecting your rights of property ownership- that is, your right to keep it, sell it, trade it, or destroy it. They are protecting your rights against others infringing on your property rights.

That's all a nice way of saying they are protecting my assets from theft. In particular, they are protecting whichever asset is being stolen. Like any other firm, the amount they charge for this protection is based in some measure on how much they are protecting.

If someone else invades your personal property and destroys it or steals things, that is a matter of law enforcement, not constitutional rights.

That's a matter of my constitutional right to ownership being violated.

That's all a nice way of saying they are protecting my assets from theft. In particular, they are protecting whichever asset is being stolen. Like any other firm, the amount they charge for this protection is based in some measure on how much they are protecting.....................

Not at all. Theft is a criminal issue. Property ownership rights protection is a constitutional right.

That's all a nice way of saying they are protecting my assets from theft. In particular, they are protecting whichever asset is being stolen. Like any other firm, the amount they charge for this protection is based in some measure on how much they are protecting.....................

Not at all. Theft is a criminal issue. Property ownership rights protection is a constitutional right.

At least SOMEBODY gets it

What is wrong with right wingers? If ALL of the nation's money is concentrated in the hands of only 1% of the population, then no one else has any money to spend. Result? Depression. It's that "common sense" they claim they have over education. The super rich don't make nearly the jobs the right thinks they do. They have been completely bamboozled.

And your right to the property or earnings of others comes from where?

Our national debt is somewhere around $13 trillion.

At at some piont like all debts it's going to have to be paid off.

What's the plan for that?

Cut spending, starting with all the subsidy and entitlement programs, foreign aid, pet projects, etc.... have a flat tax rate on every dollar earned by every citizen... figure out what rate will allow us to pay for our required governmental spending plus enough to start paying down the debt... pass a constitutional amendment requiring 80% congressional approval and presidential signing to allow any deficit spending, citing the absolute constitutional authority allowing that spending... every citizen paying for the running of the government and the paying down of the debt that the government has carelessly created

lets remember what the numbers show guys

I'll ask it again for you to state it one way or another...

Do you then support selective equal treatment built in to the governmental system?

C'mon TM... I'll keep asking

Everyone is treated the same.

they are tax points and when you reach these tax points you get taxed accordingly.

A CEO uses far more of the coutnries resources than I do, He prooves how much he uses it by how much he makes and then is taxed accordingly.

ANY American who makes that much is taxed the same.

You see silly it is equal treatment.

Its been long settled inb this country that we tax this way and you are merely spewing bullshit that means nothing.

TM, are you saying that every CEO of any company uses the same amount of recourses? It’s not possible that a CEO that makes millions could use less recourse than yourself?

What if this rich CEO was allowed to work from home and managed websites? You want to tax someone that might use less than YOU because you hate rich people… Neato.

lets remember what the numbers show guys

I'll ask it again for you to state it one way or another...

Do you then support selective equal treatment built in to the governmental system?

C'mon TM... I'll keep asking

Everyone is treated the same.

they are tax points and when you reach these tax points you get taxed accordingly.

A CEO uses far more of the coutnries resources than I do, He prooves how much he uses it by how much he makes and then is taxed accordingly.

ANY American who makes that much is taxed the same.

You see silly it is equal treatment.

Its been long settled inb this country that we tax this way and you are merely spewing bullshit that means nothing.

No.. they are not... it is a smokescreen created for class warfare... I am not treated the same on dollar 250K that you are treated on dollar 6K.... in fact, as shown SO many times, ~50% of the citizenry PAYS NO INCOME TAX AT ALL

Now answer the question as asked to you so many times (seems you are afraid to answer).... Do you then support selective equal treatment built in to the governmental system?

What a person does with the freedoms and rights given to them is their prerogative... if I choose to do nothing, I have the same rights and protections, if I choose to work for a living, I have the same rights and protections, if I choose to be a business leader, I have the same rights and protections... there is ZERO difference... the amount you have or the amount you do has no bearing on your rights and freedoms, they are ALL THE SAME

You are the one spewing bullshit... smokescreens, and misinformation

Cut spending, starting with all the subsidy and entitlement programs, foreign aid, pet projects, etc.... have a flat tax rate on every dollar earned by every citizen... figure out what rate will allow us to pay for our required governmental spending plus enough to start paying down the debt... pass a constitutional amendment requiring 80% congressional approval and presidential signing to allow any deficit spending, citing the absolute constitutional authority allowing that spending... every citizen paying for the running of the government and the paying down of the debt that the government has carelessly created

Yeah, it all sounds good but you and I both know that it ain't going to happen.

Forum List

Back