Cheers!

Here is a quick lesson on polishing up your German in Cheers (the European Horde may just arrive any day, now...)

First, the american "R" is like "uh" if it is intersylllabic. So, "German" is like "Djuhmahn"!!!

Now, forget the voiced "th" as in "then", it doesn't exist in Djuhmahn. So, "those" would be "zose".

Those Germans.
Zose Djhumahns!!!

"W" as in "William" does not exist. It sounds like a "V" as in "Venus".

So, will is "vill".

Now, if you ever want an extra drink from me and are male, then "bitte" will suffice.

I you are female, you need to bat those eyeslashes (Augenwimpern) as well....

Ai hope zhat zhis lesson in Djuhmahn vill help yuu to luhn to spiik gut wiz zhe Bahtendah!!!

:)

Und finally, a song in Djuhmahn, for two special friends of mine in USMB. They know who they are.

Söhne Mannheims - Und wenn ein Lied [Official Video] - YouTube

(Mood music for tonight, music for brotherhood, music to toast friendship with)

I already tole you.....Ich sprechenze Deutch nicht goot.......

Ich kann kein Deutsch!

Hey, I've got to leave you good people....The Amazing Race is going to be on shortly....gotta go grab some chow, then position my petootie right in front of the TV.....then The Good Wife and some other good programs....I'll see y'all later....don't trash the place, I think Gracie spent the whole day cleaning it.......:eusa_clap:

Hey, I've got to leave you good people....The Amazing Race is going to be on shortly....gotta go grab some chow, then position my petootie right in front of the TV.....then The Good Wife and some other good programs....I'll see y'all later....don't trash the place, I think Gracie spent the whole day cleaning it.......:eusa_clap:
Have a nice night, Mertex.

I didn't clean it up. I cleaned up myself for round two later on. Right now..I need a nap.:lol:

See y'all later. Much later. Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

My favorite Sunday shows too. I also love House of Lies on Sunday Showtime.

Had my nap. Still feel like shit. But...tomorrow is doc day anyway. Not sure how long I will be on the boards...just hanging out until my pillow calls again.

So, your humble Sir Statalicious is thinking of a rockin bar schedule for Cheers! and is thinking of the following:

Mondays - Happy Hour from 4-6, waitresses in tight T-shirts as of 8 pm.

Tuesdays - Darts and Billiards night.

Wednesdays - Ladies Night out. waiters only, buff, topless and packin'!

Thursdays - 1st Thursday of every month: vodka-jello night plus hot babe mud-wrestling. 2nd Thursday of every month: wet T-Shirt contest (women only). 3rd Thursday of every month: men's one handed push-up contests. Winner gets a free lap dance. Fourth Thursday of every month: bowling discount (everyone who goes bowling first gets half off on all drinks. BTW, I own the bowling alley, as well :D).

Fridays - hot pick-up night. Karaoke night.

Saturdays - Chippendales (for the ladies) / Cheerleaders (for the dudes)

Sundays - chill out evening.

The Dartboard will be installed on Tuesday. A sports area will be installed as well.

What say our Cheers patrons??? Should we start a tradition, here?

:D
You're using a lot of distractions to keep your customers happy and interested in sticking around. At the "Old Man" bars in and around Pittsburgh, the distractions are on the minimalist side of the bar spectrum. Dim lighting, maybe an Iron City neon sign in the window, a Steelers poster featuring a schedule so we can know which Sundays we can belly up to the bar and which Sundays we'll be tailgating at Heinz Field, a peanut dispensing machine that takes nickels and a juke box.

The bar has to be massive and stocked with peach schnapps, ginger brandy, Kessler's whiskey, Seagram's Seven and Crown Royal for special occasions and big spenders. Three taps, one dispensing Iron City, another for Iron City Light (because of the deal made with the distributer) and one for Rolling Rock. A big cooler stocked with bottles of Bud, Miller, Schlitz, Goebells and Michelob (we know there are foreign beers, but just as only assholes drive imports, who would dare order a nonAmerican beer?)

The jukebox must have an eclectic selection of Mills Brothers, Arte Shaw, Donnie Iris, Patsy Cline and Journey.

The place must have the aroma of stale beer mixed with disinfectant. The men's room must have a functioning urinal and something to serve as a toilet. Maybe the sink works, maybe it hasn't worked since the Reagan administration. The floor has the feel of contact paper and your shoes must make that sticky sound as you negotiate the wads of toilet paper.

Behind the bar there is a Louisville Slugger visible, and it's up to your imagination at best, attitude at worst, what else might be stowed away back there.

The beer must be ice cold and the glasses must be the frosted big old fish bowl shaped tankards capable of holding at least 16 ounces, but who's counting. The bar stools are upholstered in black Naugahyde with the Steelers hypocycloids in red, blue and yellow stitched to the seats. The booths feel as if they are stuffed with russet potatoes. There's a framed dollar bill hanging behind the bar along side photos of Jack Lambert, Franco Harris, Roberto Clemente and Mario Lemieux.

There are two 27" televisions that offer Steeler, Penguin and Pirate games or, if none of those teams are playing, The Price is Right.

The bar is open 24 hours every day to serve the mill workers working all shifts. 7:00 Sunday morning could just be someone's Friday night and why shouldn't they enjoy a cold one when they leave the mill? In the back there is a hot plate and a can of soup just in case the Liquor Control Board inspector shows up. It's state law that every bar offer food as well as drink.

When you call it a night, or morning as the case may be, you leave through the front door and are instantly blinded by the light of day, just as if you took in a matinee at a movie house. You trip over the little half step before the sidewalk, but it's from the light more than the 7&7s you've been knocking back. You sort of wish no one witnessed your little stumble and mistake it for over indulgence. You're a working stiff, not he town drunk, after all!

But while you're inside, you could be a sports commentator, a poet, a pundit, a jester or a wise man. The atmosphere can endow anyone with a thirst and an opinion with any of those mantles.

Last edited:
Well, right now on one of those 27" tv's, I am watching Alien vs Predator. Anyone go near that dial....why I'll....I'll.....smack ya wif the remote!

Forum List

Back