Cheers!

TGIF!

So sick of people who don't know how to do their own jobs and make unnecessary work for others.

Patron double on the rocks, please!

I have a supervisor like that. She doesn't know what I do but has to tell me how she thinks I should do my job which is always way harder and more inefficient than the way I was doing it already.

Really hoping you get to feeling better very soon, Mertex. Prayers for you. Spring colds suck.

Coraggio!!

I know...didn't get a single cold all through winter and now this....I'm really dragging.

There are of course some homeopathic things you can do, but aside from bedrest and meds from the doc, here are three things that are critical (this is how I get my High-C back quickly):

-Inhalation of steam - brings the swelling of the vocal folds (from coughing and/or infection) down, helps the body to produce a newer thin layer of mucous on top of the vocal folds and the false folds, helps to loosen up stuff in the chest.

-Keeping the nose open at night is THE critical element in beating a cold fast. If the nose is stuffed up, then bacteria behind the stoppage multiplies really fast and the cilia of the nose doesn't get a chance to heal. This also forces you to sleep with your mouth open, where there is no cilia to help block more incoming bacteria and it dries you out. So, a good nose spray about 40 minutes before you sleep is highly recommended.

-Sleep in an ever-so slightly elevated position.

Other than that, you know the old saying: 14 days or two weeks, whichever comes first.

:)

Get well!

I agree with the nasal spray before bed. When I get a cold, I always get so stuffed up I can't breathe through my nose so I have to do something about it or sleeping is impossible and really the best way to deal with a cold is to get plenty of rest.

Feel better soon Mertex.

Yes, he is my last. He sang at Orchestra Hall last Sunday night and I missed it.
Most kids dream of becoming rock stars. You never know; you may have a rock star on your hands. Enjoy the concert. We'll be here when you get back. :)

Thanks. Sunday it was a choice between that and my daughter playing college softball 4.5 hours away. I chose softball. She's a freshman, so there will be more. And my son is a junior. And he plays the guitar fairly well. Has a a good voice, or at least that is what his choir director says.

Good for you for having such talented kids and good for them too. That's pretty cool there smilebong. :eusa_angel:

TGIF!

So sick of people who don't know how to do their own jobs and make unnecessary work for others.

Patron double on the rocks, please!
Derideo, I don't know where Stats is but here you go. Double on the rocks. :lol:

rrsiup.jpg

rofldeluumlx_zps64b0332f.gif

I see we're off to a rocky start tonight... :)

/Sigh!

You just can't get decent help these days!

Either that or Pacer is tippling again! :badgrin:

Toss in a few vicodins while you are at it.

No, no, that's just going to make it worse....we need some rock music.....

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NvR60Wg9R7Q]Bon Jovi - Bed Of Roses - YouTube[/ame]

Hey all, tired and hitting the sack soon but just stopping by to say have a good night and enjoy the cyber-drunk. I don't know what these are but they are pretty.

drinks.jpg

Hey all, tired and hitting the sack soon but just stopping by to say have a good night and enjoy the cyber-drunk. I don't know what these are but they are pretty.

drinks.jpg
They look primary to me!

If you drink them all, you'll see a white light! Good night!

Last edited:
lol asaratis.

I might try some of those too, just cuz they look so colorful.

Hope I don't get all cyber wild and cyber dance all over the cyber bartop. :lol:

I know I have posted this before, but it fits. Again.

Last edited by a moderator:

drinks.jpg
They look primary to me!

If you drink them all, you'll see a white light! Good night!

A white light and probably a black one too as I pass out. :lol:

I'm such a lightweight compared to what I used to be in college as a drinker. Now, a margarita or two and I'm toast.

OK, Now I'm off. My eyes are too tired to keep open any longer. Good night all at Cheers, see ya tomorrow!!

Forum List

Back