Cheers!

Good morning. Stats. Beautiful day! I watched the video on fractals. Absolutely fascinating. Brings to mind the old expression 'not just a pretty face'. It's not only a whole new way of looking at things but more exciting is the use of fractals as a tool for so many other applications, from designing clothing to diagnosing cancer earlier to explaining the reason big animals use energy more efficiently than small ones, or how an entire rain forest works in terms of structure and how much carbon dioxide it removes from the atmosphere, and so on and so forth. Don't mean to sound like a commercial but... Excellent video.

Last edited by a moderator:
Good morning. Stats. Beautiful day! I watched the video on fractals. Absolutely fascinating. Brings to mind the old expression 'not just a pretty face'. It's not only a whole new way of looking at things but more exciting is the use of fractals as a tool for so many other applications, from designing clothing to diagnosing cancer earlier to explaining the reason big animals use energy more efficiently than small ones, or how an entire rain forest works in terms of structure and how much carbon dioxide it removes from the atmosphere, and so on and so forth. Don't mean to sound like a commercial but... Excellent video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZbK92bRW2lQ

I know it's an entire hour, but it was worth it for me.

Isn't it just amazing how fractals actually exist everywhere, but we have not been seeing them? Like not seeing the forest for the trees... I can imagine that the sub-space strings, according to the String theory, even have a fractal nature. It is just wild. Adoshem really does know exactly what he is doing, I believe. :) :)

Good stuff, good stuff!!!

I know it's an entire hour, but it was worth it for me.

Isn't it just amazing how fractals actually exist everywhere, but we have not been seeing them? Like not seeing the forest for the trees... I can imagine that the sub-space strings, according to the String theory, even have a fractal nature. It is just wild. Adoshem really does know exactly what he is doing, I believe. :) :)

Good stuff, good stuff!!!
To think that even a healthy heart beat produces a distinctive fractal signature pattern that one day may help cardiologists spot heart problems sooner, it's incredible.

Last edited:
2ngahk8.jpg

Very interesting video....thanks for sharing.

Very interesting video....thanks for sharing.
You're welcome, Mertex. I am merely sharing the video Stats was kind enough to send me, yesterday.

You may want to check your link, Stats. It doesn't bring us to information on Queimada but I'll have it whatever it is, as long as it doesn't kill me. :) Looks very interesting.

Last edited:
You may want to check your link, Stats. It doesn't bring us to information on Queimada but I'll have it whatever it is, as long as it doesn't kill me. :) Looks very interesting.

Looks like the USMB software has a problem with an end- parenthesis ) right before a URL end-bracket. I had to insert the ) manually, in spite of the fact I had copied the link verbatim.

Hmmmm...... oh, [MENTION=36528]cereal_killer[/MENTION]..... :rofl:

But I fixed it. Thanks for the head-ups, I was already on the next project....

Last edited:
8795.gif

Our choir did three beatiful songs today for Palm Sunday.....I'm all sung out.
I sang in a choir when I was a kid. Loved it! Easter always brings back fond memories of those days. After I left home, I quit going to church. The only time I go to church now is for funerals.

Forum List

Back