Cheers!

Speaking of Bob Marley, here's my favorite of his and a cool video too:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RY_NQZyBc3g]Bob Marley - Three Little Birds - YouTube[/ame]

I played that CD when I was managing a tourist trap beach store down at the waterfront. Playing reggae makes customers bounce and move to the music...and open their wallets. ;)

This one is my fav song of any he did (first song). Bought the CD in Maui the last time I was there, at a yard sale.
THIS one made the customers glide all over the floor, bob heads, hang out in front of the store and do little dances. Gosh, I miss those times. It was a blast.

Last edited by a moderator:
I played that CD when I was managing a tourist trap beach store down at the waterfront. Playing reggae makes customers bounce and move to the music...and open their wallets. ;)

Thank you for posting these clips...takes me back a way! :smiliehug:

So Oma sent me a Milka Oreo. I thought Oh shit...but it's actually delicious. Milka and Ritter Sport...the best chocolate in da world!

images

Thank you for posting these clips...takes me back a way! :smiliehug:

Me too, hon. Makes me miss it very much. So many people....downtown on the waterfront it looked like lahaina in Maui....so busy. So much people watching. So many folks from all over the world. My reggae blasting from the store..speakers in the back, speakers in the front, people everywhere buying windchimes, beach shells, beach blankets, jewelry, tshirts with our town name on the front, bali dresses, hawaiian shirts for men, statuary, yard art, glass figurines, etc. And I am standing taller, able to shove HEAVY assed shelves of merchandise from one side of the store to the other, ring people up 3 at a time on all 3 registers, myself doing my own dance as I grabbed bags to put their goods in, and in general...having a blast. I LOVED that job. But...a year after I started she sold it and it was turned into an art gallery that lasted about 6 months.

I miss it miss it miss it. And if I could do it again, I would open another shop but mine would NEVER be as busy as down there on the waterfront and I can't afford the rent much less to stock it. Rent for that building was $10,000.00 per month...and 5% to the city. I did $2000.00 PER DAY when I took over as manager.

Sure wish a miracle would happen and I could do that again. But...it is not meant to be. At least it was just one more experience in life that I can add to my memory collection and smile. :smiliehug:

Last edited:
Here we go. :) Yum yum!

2ijnbbl.jpg

Damn, those look delicious.....I hope they're not tooooooo hot.....!

And I bet you and Diana already ate the whole damn plateful.....arghhhh......

Last edited:
So Oma sent me a Milka Oreo. I thought Oh shit...but it's actually delicious. Milka and Ritter Sport...the best chocolate in da world!

images

I haven't seen those....Ritter Sport are one of my favorites....I'm going to have to look for them, they look good....:)

Forum List

Back