Cheney's daughter pregnant

Has your wife or daughter(s) (if you have any) ever worn a swimsuit at a public beach? If so, I suppose you think that any man who saw them there is at any time of their choosing entitled to force them into sex having witnessed their display of skin. Your position on this is a joke...and borderline retarded.
Why do you keeping setting up straw men instead of addressing the points raised? What are you scared of?

Why do you keeping setting up straw men instead of addressing the points raised? What are you scared of?

When you raise a point worth considering, I'll address it. I've already explained this to you. Here's another hypothetical for you to muse while you search for a consideration-worthy point.

If a burglar picks both locks on your front door and steals all your stuff, are you partially responsible because you hadn't installed a third lock?

I agree with you that the folks doing the baby making are wrong ethically and morally.....but, I hope you understand that the baby is innocent of the parents folly......

I even have a hard time calling them "bastards"......Maybe it's my generation, but I think it's like hanging a Scarlet "A" on a kids neck for his/her whole life.

The folks that want to have a baby via the old turkey baster, are the at-fault ones........,but I think God looks at that baby from that union via baster or hetero and within marriage as it's own individual little life that He created, and it shouldn't be titled anything but a baby, and human in need of love, acceptance, and a normal bringing-up. A normal bringing up is not in a Lesbian marriage arrangement, or a gay male couple arrangement either.

Parental modeling, and sexual orientation starts early in a kids life.....and same sex parental modeling isn't moral or biblical. It grieves God.......but I know that God will still work his darndest to offer opportunities for that child from that gay wedlock to see the "truth" and "light" of whats right.

Lot's door was nearly pounded down by the residents of Sodom that wanted to have sex with the two angels that were staying in Lot's house.......This present, perverse, generation is no more perverse than any other.......just more public, and bold..........

The Cheney's don't have too much choice..........in most matters. They do love their daughter, and, I'm sure are grieved by her sexual orientation choice in her life, yet are trying to be supportive..

If you have raised kids, you must know that they often make moral, and ethical choices that don't go well with you as parents, yet, you still try to exhibit unconditional love.....of course that's what our Saviour exhibited towards us who had monsterous "logs" in our eyes. It's by grace that God welcomes/accepts us into his kingdom, not any meritorious works of ourselves earned us salvation.

Well, again, here you have the Cheney's daughter in a relationship with another Lesbian gal, and they have elected to raise a child via using their reproductive capacities as females of our species. It wasn't an option before Invitreo, but now is. So what should the Cheney's do.......totally cut-off their relationship with their daughter? What would this do in respect to their grand child's relationship with with grandma and grandpa. Well, as you most likely know........cutting off their daughter may indeed be a death sentence for getting time with your grandchild......It also means grandchild doesn't get exposed to Grandma and grandpa's heterosexual relationship based on marriage. So some potential biblical/normal parental modeling exposure is cut-off.

That baby has a chance to see and be loved by heterosexual grandparents, and that's a good thing. This child has a chance to see the modeling of his/her married grandma and grandpa's life. We have to be very careful to not limit God, or to throw the baby out with the dirty bath water. Kids don't necessarily end up homosexual because their parents are. Kid's are like Sherlock Holmes........they study their parent's lives.....they study/mimic other couples and single's lives as well. If the the Cheneys love this grandchild with a godly, Christian, love of total acceptance, despite their inner conviction that they would have wished/prayed their daughter not be chosing this homosexual life, then the baby/grandchild will pick up positive vibes about Grandma and Grandpa's life and lifestyle.

Remember, it's "not what I say, but what I do" in a relationship that makes the difference. Agape love, is the greatest love of all. It is the love that's made of a glue that says, "commitment", "acceptance", and unconditional love........I think the Cheney's are being tested to no-end in that category, and I applaud them.

I have raised three sons........all married now. Two of them put his mom and I through all kinds of torment and anxious suffering/worry. We've spent hours in courtrooms, had to mediate and help them in their marriages as lay-counselors......you name it. One son has had two DUI, or DWI's in his life......with on and off drug addictions, but is now sober and raising two beautiful children, and has a wonderful supportive wife. His wife's dad is gay, and didn't "come out" until my daughter-in-law was in her teens. Think about the trauma and strife this brought to her life and her siblings, yet this young lady, our daughter-in-law, has chosen to model her life after my wife and myself and our marriage. We haven't bad mouthed or said anything bad about her parents and their poor modeling as parents, but tried to be supportive of her(our daughter in law).

There are many who are technically, "bastards" in this world, but I doubt their maker, sees or titles them that way.

I already said somewhere that the baby is totally innocent. However, the term "bastard" accurately describes the status of the baby. There is no marriage to the father. This choice of Cheney's lesbian daughter to have a baby with no recognition of the father whatsoever is what is so outraegeous. She is completely denying the child the relationship of his blood relatives on one whole side of his family. The child will likely only experience a huge empty void regarding half of his heritage.

I agree with you that Cheney is stuck between a rock and a hard place and I feel his pain if he is conflicted. However, if that story was accurate, and the Cheneys were actually "celebrating" this immoral situation, I think that was totally inappropriate, especially for a political leader who supposedly represents good Christian morality. Accepting what he can't change and "celebrating" are two completely different messages.

I already said somewhere that the baby is totally innocent. However, the term "bastard" accurately describes the status of the baby. There is no marriage to the father. This choice of Cheney's lesbian daughter to have a baby with no recognition of the father whatsoever is what is so outraegeous. She is completely denying the child the relationship of his blood relatives on one whole side of his family. The child will likely only experience a huge empty void regarding half of his heritage.

I agree with you that Cheney is stuck between a rock and a hard place and I feel his pain if he is conflicted. However, if that story was accurate, and the Cheneys were actually "celebrating" this immoral situation, I think that was totally inappropriate, especially for a political leader who supposedly represents good Christian morality. Accepting what he can't change and "celebrating" are two completely different messages.

That's pretty narrow-minded don't you think? Who are you to say the Cheney's shouldn't be allowed to celebrate the impending birth of a grandchild?

When you raise a point worth considering, I'll address it. I've already explained this to you. Here's another hypothetical for you to muse while you search for a consideration-worthy point.

If a burglar picks both locks on your front door and steals all your stuff, are you partially responsible because you hadn't installed a third lock?
You address my point and then I'll address yours, Lucy.

Maybe, but the fact that they are formerly straight just reinforces my argument that its a choice. At one time they chose to live another life.

Nice try, but next time think out your response.

You presuppose they were willingly hetro. Maybe their original orientation was the wrong one..

Nice try, but next time think out your response.

What happened to "hate the sin, love the sinner"?

"On principle"? You've got some screwed up priorities pal.

What don't you understand? Not celebrating the event is hating the sin. Loving their daughter is loving the sinner. When the baby is born, loving the child is just loving their innocent grandchild.

What don't you understand? Not celebrating the event is hating the sin. Loving their daughter is loving the sinner. When the baby is born, loving the child is just loving their innocent grandchild.

The birth of their granddaughter isn't a sin...what don't YOU understand?

Forum List

Back