Cheney's daughter pregnant

The actual birth has not yet happened so the kid is not on the scene yet.
Why should they celebrate their daughter's rigged pregnancy?

I don't know the details, but I assume she went to a fertility clinic to be inseminated. Pretty sure that isn't a sin either.

You presuppose they were willingly hetro. Maybe their original orientation was the wrong one..

Nice try, but next time think out your response.

Yeah, cause im sure they were just forced to engage in sexual relations with the opposite sex.

I don't know the details, but I assume she went to a fertility clinic to be inseminated. Pretty sure that isn't a sin either.

I suppose if your daughter was going to give birth to a child with no father in sight you would also be joyful and celebrating and looking forward to the birth of your bastard grandchild? And I'm sure your church (if you go to one) would also be very joyful about it too? Yeah, right. :rolleyes:

I suppose if your daughter was going to give birth to a child with no father in sight you would also be joyful and celebrating and looking forward to the birth of your bastard grandchild? And I'm sure your church (if you go to one) would also be very joyful about it too? Yeah, right. :rolleyes:

The existence, birth, and health of the grandchild is without question more important than how the daughter got pregnant, her marital status, and the opinions of the hypocritical back-biters of the local congregation.

Like a benevolent god would damn a baby...get a grip.

The existence, birth, and health of the grandchild is without question more important than how the daughter got pregnant, her marital status, and the opinions of the hypocritical back-biters of the local congregation.

Yes, I understand that family is very important and the Cheneys love their daughter and also their future grandchild. However, once again, to publically condone their daughters immoral choices is another matter altogether. Makes one wonder how often Cheney actually makes it to church...

Like a benevolent god would damn a baby...get a grip.

Nobody here is damning the baby.

Stretch Marks: Globe Drags Global Warming into Editorial About Cheney Baby
Posted by Mark Finkelstein on December 13, 2006 - 07:01.
Cato the Elder famously dragged Carthage into every speech, calling for it to be destroyed. Like a modern-day Cato who has played the DVD of "An Inconvenient Truth" way too many times, The Boston Globe manages to drag global warming into an editorial this morning about, of all things, the baby that Mary Cheney is expecting.

Writing of the decision of Cheney and Heather Poe to bring a child into the world, the Globe claims that:

"Like any couple choosing to become parents, they must have concluded that the joy of raising a child outweighs the uncertainties of introducing it to a planet threatened by global warming, nuclear proliferation, and other terrors of the modern world."

"Like any couple"? If you're a parent out there, please raise your hand if, in deciding to extend your line, you took the possiblity of rising sea levels into account. A number of authors, including Mark Steyn in America Alone, have written of the danger that the West's low reproduction rates pose to the survival of our civilization. But there is every indication that motives have more to do with preserving a certain kind of lifestyle than anxiety over the ozone layer.

The editorial concludes with this bit of do-as-I-say-not-as-I-do coupled with pandering to the younger set:

"The best baby shower gift for them may be privacy and time -- because time will encourage the good common sense of young people to dawn on the rest of the nation."

The best gift is privacy? Such as in not writing editorials exploiting the pregnancy to advance your own political agenda? Seems the dawn of good common sense hasn't risen over Beantown yet.

http://newsbusters.org/node/9626

Yes, I understand that family is very important and the Cheneys love their daughter and also their future grandchild. However, once again, to publically condone their daughters immoral choices is another matter altogether. Makes one wonder how often Cheney actually makes it to church...

Nobody here is damning the baby.

They are not publically condoning their daughter's life style or the way the baby came about. They are trying, yes trying to make something good and special out of this whole scenario.

Eagle.......An old Christian friend of mine told me on more than one occassion....."Put Jesus in the situation." In other words, let's put Jesus at this celebratory occassion that the Cheney's are doing. Would Jesus attend if invited? Would He snub the occassion, and go into a "Thus sayeth the Lord God Almighty!", diatribe of condemnation, and then walk out of the place or what?

Well, the Jesus that I have read about in the New Testament through and through, chose Zacheus's house to dine, and not the "perfect" "moral" "religious" folks home's. Wonder why? Cause He came to restore and save this messed up human race. Now, the Cheney's as parents are expected, even commanded by God in the bible to extend or model to their children God's, "grace", "unconditional love" etc.. Yes, I think the Cheney daughter is in a state of rebellion, not unlike the Prodigal son.........Yet, after the son had squandered-away his entire inheritance on women, wine, and debauchery, his Dad still loved him and welcomed this contrite-of-heart son home.

Sin leaves scars, even though it's forgiven. What we sow, we reap. The Cheney's lives are on public display regardless of what they do.

I still want you to think about how Jesus would handle an "invitation" based on how the New Testament has revealed the Incarnate Creator/God's 33 years on planet earth.

I think He would have accepted the invitation, He/Jesus would come shake hands with everyone, would give the Cheney's embraces as well as their wayward daughter too. He wouldn't condone the daughter's lifestyle, but He wouldn't shun her because of it either. As Paul said over and over.....Love covers all things........If your a Christian, and you want to be His servant........you must allow God's love to undergird any and all things you do in His name. That means that you still are allowed to see things as wrong, and judge them so, but it also means that you must let love bridge the gap........between the sinner and God. How else did any of us who our Christians come to God? By being goodie two shoes? Far from it, as Romans 3:23 says, "For All have sinned and fallen short of the glory of God.".

Remember, dining at Zacheus's house was dining at one of the worst, notorious sinners in Israel. He was a cheating tax collector. He cheated poor and rich alike. He was excommunicated from the Jewish culture because he was considered both a criminal, low-life, and an Roman conspirator. Who does Jesus desire to dine with?

What was the outcome of Zacheus's encounter with Jesus's unconditional love.......The man repented, and became a believer.

Eightball posted:

They are not publically condoning their daughter's life style or the way the baby came about. They are trying, yes trying to make something good and special out of this whole scenario.

Postive is ALWAYS better.

Great post Eight!:thumbs_up:

Oh, good grief. You puritanical nosey self-righteous judgmental busybodies really need to get a life. Who do you thing that you are? Your opinions are probably of little consequence the Cheney family and the family does not have to answer to you. “Oh, dear society. Please advise me on what I am to think of the relationship that my daughter has? What should my thoughts be toward my future grandchild?” LOL LOL If Dick Cheney wants to run for office, perhaps he will concern himself with your opinion. Otherwise, it is insignificant. As I often say, God (assuming that he, she, it, or they exist) will be the ultimate judge.

Hmmm. How often have you been attending church, young man? Citizen, we do not like the neglect that you have been exhibiting lately. Shame on you! Get thee to a chapel immediately and repent of your transgressions. LOL.

Oh, good grief. You puritanical nosey self-righteous judgmental busybodies really need to get a life. Who do you thing that you are? Your opinions are probably of little consequence the Cheney family and the family does not have to answer to you. “Oh, dear society. Please advise me on what I am to think of the relationship that my daughter has? What should my thoughts be toward my future grandchild?” LOL LOL If Dick Cheney wants to run for office, perhaps he will concern himself with your opinion. Otherwise, it is insignificant. As I often say, God (assuming that he, she, it, or they exist) will be the ultimate judge.

Hmmm. How often have you been attending church, young man? Citizen, we do not like the neglect that you have been exhibiting lately. Shame on you! Get thee to a chapel immediately and repent of your transgressions. LOL.

It's obvious Cheney isn't worried about running for office anytime in the future. :thumbs_down:

You're one to talk. You're a morally-bankrupt, judgemental busybody who needs to get a personality.

I wouldn't expect you to give a shit about your daughter's relationships because that's just about what I expect of you.

A heads up for you bud.

This is a DISCUSSION FORUM, just in case you missed that when you signed up.

Chill, your food will digest better.

Forum List

Back