Chicago: 1 City, 1 year, 778 murders

ColonelAngus

Diamond Member
Feb 25, 2015
mitchellhomicideshalfcover.jpg

https://www.google.com/amp/chicago.suntimes.com/news/mitchell-our-city-one-year-778-murders/amp/

...and there is nothing that can be done about it...right...Barry and Rahm?

Iraq
Chicago
Afghanistan

Which of the above three has had the highest Kill Rate of Americans since 9/11?

I haven't actually checked the stats, but I expect it is the one that has been run by the Democratic Party for over 5 decades.

mitchellhomicideshalfcover.jpg

https://www.google.com/amp/chicago.suntimes.com/news/mitchell-our-city-one-year-778-murders/amp/

...and there is nothing that can be done about it...right...Barry and Rahm?

Something can be done. It involves hard work and commitment aimed at solving the problem.

Posting happily about the problem on a message board so you can score some weird political points against some people you don't know doesn't help.

Read up on this. There is some evidence that it is effective. I will assume hat you care enough

Home

Iraq
Chicago
Afghanistan

I haven't actually checked the stats, but I expect it is the one that has been run by the Democratic Party for over 5 decades.

Political parties don't run cities, Dumbfuck. Mayors and city councils do.

However it may interest you to know that the last Republican mayor of Chicago was "Big" Bill Thompson. Who was voted out for being the completely corrupt asshole who let Al Capone shoot the place up.

Iraq
Chicago
Afghanistan

However it may interest you to know that the last Republican mayor of Chicago was "Big" Bill Thompson. Who was voted out for being the completely corrupt asshole who let Al Capone shoot the place up.
Since then, theyve settled for MANY corrupt democrats who ended up in jail.

Iraq
Chicago
Afghanistan

You might be thinking of Illinois governors.

I don't know that much about Chicago but the simple fact remains what it always was ---- Democrats run cities everywhere. Big ones, little ones, older ones, newer ones, richer ones, poorer ones. Why that is is a whole 'nother question but the other fact remains if you're going to get elected Mayor you almost always need to do it as a Democrat. That's why guys who aren't Democrats to start with go in riding that particular horse (Ray Nagin for one, Frank Rizzo for another) because at that level it's got nothing to do with ideologies; it's got to do with "which one can get me into office".

There is after all nothing in the slightest ideological about deciding "Ward 7 will get its garbage collected on Tuesdays".

My local sheriff is a Republican. A few years ago he was a Democrat. Same guy. Doing the same job the same way. Give Rump a few months to embarrass that party and he'll prolly switch back to Democrat. Why? Just because that's where the votes are and he wants to keep his job. It's no more complex than that.

Last edited:
Iraq
Chicago
Afghanistan

I don't know that much about Chicago but the simple fact remains what it always was ---- Democrats run cities everywhere. Big ones, little ones, older ones, newer ones, richer ones, poorer ones. Why that is is a whole 'nother question but the other fact remains if you're going to get elected Mayor you almost always need to do it as a Democrat. That's why guys who aren't Democrats to start with go in riding that particular horse (Ray Nagin for one, Frank Rizzo for another) because at that level it's got nothing to do with ideologies; it's got to do with "which one can get me into office".

There is after all nothing in the slightest ideological about deciding "Ward 7 will get its garbage collected on Tuesdays".

My local sheriff is a Republican. A few years ago he was a Democrat. Same guy.
Democrats run cities of all sizes and the results vary.

What they work hard at is creating a permanent underclass. They need this to create protestors and rioters so they can exert political power on anyone who gets in their way. This last week was what happens when you don't give them something to do. They get in fights at the mall and just go around shitting on businesses. Democrats create a mass of losers who feel somebody owes them something.

Last edited:
Iraq
Chicago
Afghanistan

My local sheriff is a Republican. A few years ago he was a Democrat. Same guy. Doing the same job the same way. Give Rump a few months to embarrass that party and he'll prolly switch back to Democrat. Why? Just because that's where the votes are and he wants to keep his job. It's no more complex than that.
Democrats run cities of all sizes and the results vary.

What they work hard at is creating a permanent underclass. They need this to create protestors and rioters so they can exert political power on anyone who gets in their way. This last week was what happens when you don't give them something to do. They get in fights at the mall and just go around shitting on businesses. Democrats create a mass of losers who feel somebody owes them something.

Yup. By not collecting the garbage in that neighborhood until Thursday. Bastards.

Forum List

Back