Chicago Mayor - Brandon Johnson pulls an upset?

Yup. Out with the old progressive mayor and her failed policies that turned Chicago into a shithole city and in with the new progressive mayor who will carry on the same policies. But, I don't understand the point of voting her out, only to elect the very same to replace her.
There was no point, in all likely hood it was rigged, unless it wasn't, then they deserve it.

Dang!

The voters were stupid.

Now they have a male Lightfoot!!!
Dude, I don't live in Chicago, but I am in the western suburbs. The blacks are their own worst enemy. seriously. One cannot make up the stupid that is chicago!!!! Johnson wants to defund the police while he campaigned on adding more police. I shit you not.

Democrats obviously believe that the best way to fix the problems caused by democrats running the city for decades is to keep electing the same democrats to run it longer.
Valas was the closest thing to a republican on a ballot in quite awhile. Had the machine in his pocket as well. It was a rather odd end.

No, they just realized that elected old white machine politicians like Vallas, Rahm and Richie Daley doesn't make things better for most of them.

Vallas threatened to "Unleash the police" to fight crime, and a lot of Chicagoans remember that resulted in "Driving while Black" and kids being shot 16 times and said "Um, no thanks."
Moving to bull dyke Lightfoot really helped.

Apparently, Chicago morons like their crime and will get more of it now. Brilliant!

Democrats obviously believe that the best way to fix the problems caused by democrats running the city for decades is to keep electing the same democrats to run it longer.
From the little I heard in his victory speech he will just be a continuation of Lori Lightfoot and Valas probably wouldn’t have been much different either. As The Who lyrics go meet the new boss same as the old boss.

From the little I heard in his victory speech he will just be a continuation of Lori Lightfoot and Valas probably wouldn’t have been much different either. As The Who lyrics go meet the new boss same as the old boss.
The only thing different was the police department. Valas had them. Johnson wants to defund them.

The country will collapse from the incompetence and criminality of those Elected across the nation.

The MSM and the LW loons have made it almost impossible for anyone GOOD to run for any office. So we get the JoeKamals and BeetleJuice loons in charge of Trillions of tax dollars.

If any good CEO or other dares to make an attempt to get into any GOVT office..........the MSM will destroy them, all associates and their family with a daily barrage of false nonsense.
Current Crop of Elected loons will sue them or drag them into court often to the point of bankruptcy. Look what they did to Trump over 7 yrs? But they won't touch an Obiden or a Clintoon. They will even stoop so low to spread a man-made virus to get back into power and both hands reaching into US Treasure.

Great, so no change in Chicago. Soon to release his own song and dance on TikTok.

A crackpot "progressive" won in Shitcago, and it's supposed to be an "upset"?

twilight-zone-featured.jpg

It's not so bad, all the shootings happen on the south side or the west side, those areas are gang ridden. Downtown Chicago is one of the coolest places you'll ever visit. I go there a couple times a year, at least.

They are no longer safe in the Downtown area....especially at night and on the weekends........the criminals know the cops are too concerned with not being prosecuted for doing their jobs .....

Well, in the Chicago race, it looks like Brandon Johnson has beaten Paul Vallas.

View attachment 773264

Paul Vallas was supported by the Democratic Establishment, and particularly the Fraternal Order of Police.
Brandon Johnson was supported by Bernie Sanders, Liz Warren, and the Chicago Teacher's Union.

I have mixed feelings. While I don't personally reside in Chicago proper, what happens in Chicago effects me in a number of ways.

If I could have voted, I'd have voted for Vallas. Neither choice was a good one, from my viewpoint. Vallas had more executive experience.

They elected the subhuman in CHICAGO
Shock Joey
Just shock.

It's not so bad, all the shootings happen on the south side or the west side, those areas are gang ridden. Downtown Chicago is one of the coolest places you'll ever visit. I go there a couple times a year, at least.

You are a liar........

As Jazz wrote:

Chicago is well known for the “Magnificent Mile,” a formerly prosperous and productive retail district filled with high-end shops and fine dining establishments. Now it looks like a war zone. For the past year or more, it’s been the site of robberies, assaults, smash-and-grab heists, and even murders. Business owners have been fleeing the area.

Under Mayor Lori Lightfoot, conditions in Chicago have deteriorated. The city’s residents were offered a chance to turn things around, assuming that’s still possible. The choice was rather stark. Paul Vallas had been endorsed by the Chicago Police Union while Brandon Johnson had the endorsement of the teachers union. (That really sums up the race in a nutshell.) But despite most polls showing that crime was the number one concern on the minds of voters, the “defund the police” guy wound up winning.

Forum List

Back