Chicago Protesters complain about "ayrabs" protecting their store

The shopkeepers standing guard to prevent looting, this young lady complains to the Chicago PD that this shouldn't be allowed.

I have never been a fan of Islam and Muslims, however, in this idiots case, I support them using whatever firearms they have to protect their property against wannabe looting idiots like this. Based upon her ramblings, I figure that she's lucky if her IQ is in the double digits. She's a perfect example of what is wrong with the inner-city negative black culture. If she was white, I'd call her white-trash, or just plain, sh*t.

That young lady mentioned in the OP is so used to the (current) majority ethnicity letting her get away with anything she wants that she is truly, truly, truly shocked that some people of other backgrounds are not going to roll over for her.

Kudos to the Arab and Latin shopkeepers who refuse to let her destroy their livelihoods. Here in Los Angeles, the Koreans took a similar stance in the 1990s. In last week's Insurrection, the looting was mostly confined (on purpose) to upscale Caucasian areas. The lady in charge of BLM said she wanted people in those areas to suffer. In previous riots since the 1960s, the looters were usually confined to their own areas.

This brings up a very odd thought, in me.

Anyone else here ever seen George Gershwin's opera Porgy and Bess? Unfortunately, due to modern ignorance, it has now come to be regarded as “racist”, but if you disregard that, and understand it in the context of the time in which Gershwin wrote it, and understand the research on which he based it, it's w wonderful work.

It's set in a very poor black community. The characters are all black, of course, an comparatively, uneducated, ignorant, superstitious. Now, understand that it was never Gershwin's intent to depict that this is how black people inherently are, but due to the way they were treated at time time, that's the place in life they were given to occupy. Gershwin spend a lot of time in a real-life community, such as the one he depicted, to get a sense of what these communities were like, and what the people in them were like, so that he could produce a fair depiction of them in his opera.

Most black American today have it much better than they did in Gershwin's time. There's no reason, today, why any modern black American needs to be any less educated, nor occupy any lower place in our society, than a comparable white person.

But seeing this woman on this video, makes it clear that some have gone the other way. If you could take that video back to Gershwin's time, and show it to the people in one of the real-life poor black communities, on which he based Porgy and Bess, and explain to them the context in which it was produced, what would be their reaction? I can envision them shaking their heads in disgust and despair at the thought that that was how some of their posterity would wind up.

BTW, here's an earlier instance of the OP video on Facebook, from which the now-deleted instance of it on Youtube was apparently shared.

Anyone have a link to the original source? I have to assume this isn't it, because the one who posted it on Facebook is mocking the woman in it; which I assume would not be the case where the original video was posted, surely by either than woman or someone who agrees with her.

Perhaps, also of value, would be an instance of it on a site that doesn't practice left wrong-wing censorship as both Facebook and YouTube (Google) routinely do.

Forum List

Back