Child bride in Yemen dies of internal bleeding on wedding night: activist

So when God raped Mary (12 years old) and made her pregnant...does that mean Christians worship a rapist pedophile?

This is the first time I have ever heard that. Could you cite where your assertion can be verified.

"The virgin birth of Jesus is the belief that Jesus was conceived in the womb of his mother Mary by the Holy Spirit and born while Mary was yet a virgin. The New Testament references are Matthew 1:18-25 and Luke 1:26-38. The virgin birth is not mentioned in the Pauline epistles, nor is it mentioned in the Gospels of Mark or John.

The virgin birth was universally accepted in the Christian church by the 2nd century, was enshrined in the Apostles’ Creed, and, except for several minor sects, was not seriously challenged until the 18th century, and remains a basic article of belief in the Roman Catholic, Orthodox, and most Protestant churches. Muslims also accept the virgin birth of Jesus"

Even "the Qur'an says that Jesus was the result of a virgin birth. The most detailed account of the annunciation and birth of Jesus is provided in Sura 3 (Al Imran) and 19 (Maryam) wherein it is written that God sent an angel to announce that she could shortly expect to bear a son, despite being a virgin. (see Sarker, Abraham.Understand My Muslim People. 2004 ISBN 1-59498-002-0 page 260)

Virgin birth of Jesus

My sarcasm and tongue got the better of me Connery. When I listen to people here claiming that Islam is a religion of pedophiles and siding with those beliefs with "thanks" then I will answer that disgusting bigoted dirt in kind.

Yes, it's childish.

Ok. It's very childish. :redface:

I am not religious so I do not truly believe in much of the doctrine surrounding immaculate conception, but I do respect such beliefs, just as I respect the beliefs of Jews and Muslims.

Coy dog, if a preteen girl dies from a violent sexual assault on her so called wedding night, there is a problem. If you wish not to consider the perp a pedophile, I would have to wonder what your motivation for that is. Because, not only is he a pedophile, he is also a rapist, and a murderer. And just a little FYI, to a muslim, particularly those who condone these things, YOU are also an infidel who should be converted to islam at the point of a gun.

You are as bad at moral equivalency as you are at semantics. You should hang it up on both.

So when God raped Mary (12 years old) and made her pregnant...does that mean Christians worship a rapist pedophile?

This is the first time I have ever heard that. Could you cite where your assertion can be verified.

"The virgin birth of Jesus is the belief that Jesus was conceived in the womb of his mother Mary by the Holy Spirit and born while Mary was yet a virgin. The New Testament references are Matthew 1:18-25 and Luke 1:26-38. The virgin birth is not mentioned in the Pauline epistles, nor is it mentioned in the Gospels of Mark or John.

The virgin birth was universally accepted in the Christian church by the 2nd century, was enshrined in the Apostles’ Creed, and, except for several minor sects, was not seriously challenged until the 18th century, and remains a basic article of belief in the Roman Catholic, Orthodox, and most Protestant churches. Muslims also accept the virgin birth of Jesus"

Even "the Qur'an says that Jesus was the result of a virgin birth. The most detailed account of the annunciation and birth of Jesus is provided in Sura 3 (Al Imran) and 19 (Maryam) wherein it is written that God sent an angel to announce that she could shortly expect to bear a son, despite being a virgin. (see Sarker, Abraham.Understand My Muslim People. 2004 ISBN 1-59498-002-0 page 260)

Virgin birth of Jesus

lol

so the quran says mary was a virgin

and mohomend was a child rapist pedophile.

works for me.

:lol:

Mohammed was not a "child rapist pedophile". He married 3 adult wives and Aisha's age is controversial. Child marriages, forced marriages and plural marriages were the common were common in that era but of course some choose to ignore that because it suits their agendas to make out that Islam is a pedophilic relgion.

And the fact that both you and Bloodrock seem to support that while being "OK" with a 12 year old girl being forced into pregnancy (sarcasm alert) is typical of the religious hypocrisy that abounds when it comes to Islam.

Virgin birth of Jesus

My sarcasm and tongue got the better of me Connery. When I listen to people here claiming that Islam is a religion of pedophiles and siding with those beliefs with "thanks" then I will answer that disgusting bigoted dirt in kind.

Yes, it's childish.

I am not religious so I do not truly believe in much of the doctrine surrounding immaculate conception, but I do respect such beliefs, just as I respect the beliefs of Jews and Muslims.

Coy dog, if a preteen girl dies from a violent sexual assault on her so called wedding night, there is a problem. If you wish not to consider the perp a pedophile, I would have to wonder what your motivation for that is. Because, not only is he a pedophile, he is also a rapist, and a murderer. And just a little FYI, to a muslim, particularly those who condone these things, YOU are also an infidel who should be converted to islam at the point of a gun.

You are as bad at moral equivalency as you are at semantics. You should hang it up on both.

Sunshine - I have absolutely NO tolerance for child marriages and the abuses that go on in much of the uncivilized world. Oddly enough...people like you ONLY seem to care when it's a Muslim. Sad that, because it just makes the bigotry more blatent and keeps the focus of attention off the real issues that drive child marriages and forced marriages in those areas of the world along with violence upon women in general.

When it comes right down to it, muslims worship a pedophile. No escaping that.

Virgin birth of Jesus

Mary is generally considered to be about 15, not a preadolescent. (Incidentally, my grandmother and my mother in law both married at 15.) No one sold her to God for a dowry. And God did not 'rape' Mary. Her pregnancy was announced to her by an angel, and she offered no resistance to the news. In fact she welcomed her place as the handmaiden of the Lord:

26 And in the sixth month the angel Gabriel was sent from God unto a city of Galilee, named Nazareth,

27 To a virgin espoused to a man whose name was Joseph, of the house of David; and the virgin's name was Mary.

28 And the angel came in unto her, and said, Hail, thou that art highly favoured, the Lord is with thee: blessed art thou among women.

29 And when she saw him, she was troubled at his saying, and cast in her mind what manner of salutation this should be.

30 And the angel said unto her, Fear not, Mary: for thou hast found favour with God.

31 And, behold, thou shalt conceive in thy womb, and bring forth a son, and shalt call his name Jesus.

32 He shall be great, and shall be called the Son of the Highest: and the Lord God shall give unto him the throne of his father David:

33 And he shall reign over the house of Jacob for ever; and of his kingdom there shall be no end.

34 Then said Mary unto the angel, How shall this be, seeing I know not a man?

35 And the angel answered and said unto her, The Holy Ghost shall come upon thee, and the power of the Highest shall overshadow thee: therefore also that holy thing which shall be born of thee shall be called the Son of God.

36 And, behold, thy cousin Elisabeth, she hath also conceived a son in her old age: and this is the sixth month with her, who was called barren.

37 For with God nothing shall be impossible.

38 And Mary said, Behold the handmaid of the Lord; be it unto me according to thy word. And the angel departed from her.

Luke 1: 26 - 38

Yes, it's childish.

Sunshine - I have absolutely NO tolerance for child marriages and the abuses that go on in much of the uncivilized world. Oddly enough...people like you ONLY seem to care when it's a Muslim. Sad that, because it just makes the bigotry more blatent and keeps the focus of attention off the real issues that drive child marriages and forced marriages in those areas of the world along with violence upon women in general.

You seem to have missed a few posts on here. I recall several posters claiming that marriage at that age is a 'cultural norm' for that part of the country. And no, I won't dig them up. You are supposed to be reading posts. They are there. They are just not on THIS thread because the child died. DUH~! And you most assuredly DID make a stupid attempt at moral equivalency. And it was pure bullshit.

You seem to have missed a few posts on here. I recall several posters claiming that marriage at that age is a 'cultural norm' for that part of the country. And no, I won't dig them up. You are supposed to be reading posts. They are there. They are just not on THIS thread because the child died. DUH~!

If you don't want to dig it up then please don't bother us with unsupported claims.

And no. I do not need to read every post. I have better things to do. However, feel free to do so if you like.

Marriages to prepubescent girls are not a "cultural norm". Marriages to young teens are more common in parts of the ME, Africa, India, Asia, Latin America. Marriages to 8 yr olds are not..

What occurred in the OP was absolutely pedophilia and a horrible example of what needs to be stopped. If you are truly concerned with child abuse it might behoove you to do a google search and find out what drives it in these countries, what world organizations like UNICEF are trying to do to stop it and perhaps support them by actually addressing the issues.

How strange that you view the world wide problem of child marriages and violence upon women as "moral equivalency".

Of course, if it's simply a vehicle from which to lob your anti-muslim hate, then there isn't much to discuss is there?

Virgin birth of Jesus

Mary is generally considered to be about 15, not a preadolescent. (Incidentally, my grandmother and my mother in law both married at 15.) No one sold her to God for a dowry. And God did not 'rape' Mary. Her pregnancy was announced to her by an angel, and she offered no resistance to the news. In fact she welcomed her place as the handmaiden of the Lord:

26 And in the sixth month the angel Gabriel was sent from God unto a city of Galilee, named Nazareth,

27 To a virgin espoused to a man whose name was Joseph, of the house of David; and the virgin's name was Mary.

28 And the angel came in unto her, and said, Hail, thou that art highly favoured, the Lord is with thee: blessed art thou among women.

29 And when she saw him, she was troubled at his saying, and cast in her mind what manner of salutation this should be.

30 And the angel said unto her, Fear not, Mary: for thou hast found favour with God.

31 And, behold, thou shalt conceive in thy womb, and bring forth a son, and shalt call his name Jesus.

32 He shall be great, and shall be called the Son of the Highest: and the Lord God shall give unto him the throne of his father David:

33 And he shall reign over the house of Jacob for ever; and of his kingdom there shall be no end.

34 Then said Mary unto the angel, How shall this be, seeing I know not a man?

35 And the angel answered and said unto her, The Holy Ghost shall come upon thee, and the power of the Highest shall overshadow thee: therefore also that holy thing which shall be born of thee shall be called the Son of God.

36 And, behold, thy cousin Elisabeth, she hath also conceived a son in her old age: and this is the sixth month with her, who was called barren.

37 For with God nothing shall be impossible.

38 And Mary said, Behold the handmaid of the Lord; be it unto me according to thy word. And the angel departed from her.

Like Aisha, there is conflict about her age as, like with Aisha - much of it was written long after the events.

Mary The Mother Of Jesus - Profile Of The Virgin Mary

Marriages at 12 were the cultural norm at that time.

http://www.truthortradition.com/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=1167
In ancient Israel, girls married in their teens, even early teens. [2] For Mary to be betrothed (engaged) but not yet formally married, yet old enough to have and nurse the Messiah, she would have been 12-14. The Zondervan Pictorial Encyclopedia of the Bible points out, “It appears that both boys and girls were married very young. Later [after the New Testament period] the rabbis fixed the minimum age for marriage at twelve for girls and thirteen for boys.” [3]

As to the age of Aisha - again, controversy: http://www.muslim.org/islam/aisha-age.htm

But hey - it's nicer to be able to call Mohammed a "rapist pedophile" and ignore similar in Christianity or to simply acknowledge that the norms historically were very different and literature is not clear.

For someone who claims to not be a muslim, and against child marriages, Coyote seems to be going to great lengths to defend the pervert Muhammed.

Virgin birth of Jesus

Like Aisha, there is conflict about her age as, like with Aisha - much of it was written long after the events.

Mary The Mother Of Jesus - Profile Of The Virgin Mary

Marriages at 12 were the cultural norm at that time.

Truth Or Tradition - Does the Bible say how old / at what age Mary became pregnant with Jesus?
In ancient Israel, girls married in their teens, even early teens. [2] For Mary to be betrothed (engaged) but not yet formally married, yet old enough to have and nurse the Messiah, she would have been 12-14. The Zondervan Pictorial Encyclopedia of the Bible points out, “It appears that both boys and girls were married very young. Later [after the New Testament period] the rabbis fixed the minimum age for marriage at twelve for girls and thirteen for boys.” [3]

As to the age of Aisha - again, controversy: Age of Aisha (ra) at time of marriage

But hey - it's nicer to be able to call Mohammed a "rapist pedophile" and ignore similar in Christianity or to simply acknowledge that the norms historically were very different and literature is not clear.

Well here's a flash. 9 years old, which is the age of the child in the OP, is not even an early teen. And Mary didn't give birth at age 9. So in addition to your failed moral equivalency, and your failed semantics games, it appears you also cannot read or count.

Last edited:
So since you have said "specific hadith's in question to be undeniable cannon (and some Muslims absolutely do), but as non-Sunni Muslims there is no reason for us to do so.", can you tell us if you are Shia, Ahmadi or some other sect of Islam that we are not aware of?

As i've already stated several times, I'm not a Muslim, nor have I ever been, nor is anyone in my family.

It's pretty sad how much some of you need be to be some sort of secret Muslim.
It really doesn't matter what you are, Miss Osomir, but when a poster says "but as non-Sunni Muslims there is no reason for us to do so," I think many of the viewers will think you are speaking of yourself as a Muslim..

Virgin birth of Jesus

lol

works for me.

Mohammed was not a "child rapist pedophile". He married 3 adult wives and Aisha's age is controversial. Child marriages, forced marriages and plural marriages were the common were common in that era but of course some choose to ignore that because it suits their agendas to make out that Islam is a pedophilic relgion.

And the fact that both you and Bloodrock seem to support that while being "OK" with a 12 year old girl being forced into pregnancy (sarcasm alert) is typical of the religious hypocrisy that abounds when it comes to Islam.

i dont care if it was "the accepted norm back then"

An adult male wanted to fuck a very young prepubescent child.... and is revered for it. Marrying the molested child does not make one bit better.... its still a pedophile.

lol

works for me.

i dont care if it was "the accepted norm back then"

An adult male wanted to fuck a very young prepubescent child.... and is revered for it. Marrying the molested child does not make one bit better.... its still a pedophile.

It is disgusting to see these sub humans defending this shit and/or trying to arrive at some moral equivalency.

All religions - at least the major world religions of today, offer much good in terms of civilized behavior, charity and compassion. They all have some version of the golden rule. To me, personally, to see the denigration of a religion by calling it's prophet a pedophile - is just plain wrong. Historical norms were different, and more important historical accounts as to the age of the Aisha are contradictory. Like with Mary - events were written about long long after the death's of the participants.

Today there is much good and much evil in most religions depending on how they are interpreted. Whether it's brutal child marriages or forced marriages ala Jeffers - it's wrong. But to taint an entire faith and to smear a faith's prophet by the actions of adherents who live in a culture where child marriages preceded the faith is wrong.

Child marriages are way wrong. And they occur in lands of many faiths. In the Abrahamic religions they are rooted in history. Even the Catholic Christian church has it's problems with pedohilia. But I don't think that is representative of the entire religion.

In ancient times marriages occured very young and people died very young. Aisha's age is highly controversial and it is used by Islamophobes in an attempt to portray Islam as a religion of pedophiles. My personal feeling is that is wrong and bigoted. It is accusations like that that feed events like the holocaust.

I know what Sunshine will say - moral equivalancy. Well, Sunshine - it's hard for me to really dislike you since I've seen your picture. You now seem like a real person. I don't agree. It is not a false equivelency. It's a realization that these are all real human beings. They deserve respect until they, individually, prove otherwise. It's the same with faiths. I know a number of Muslims, and not one would accept pedophilia as an acceptable marriage.

Demonizing an entire people or faith - especially a faith as complex and diverse as Islam, Christianity, or Judaism is dangerous. And Evil. That's simply my opinion.

Muslims themselves do not deny that Aisha was 9 when she married Mohammad. The evidence is overwhelming. And that's the exact reason they cite for marrying 9 year olds in Muslim countries. I find it hilarious that some who call themselves objective show their utter bias by making it look like its "controversial".

It's these kinds of moments that show a persons true agenda.

I'm also curious if any of you have ever actually worked in the area of women's rights before, and have ever worked on this issue specifically?
Women's rights in the Muslim world? Ha ha ha.

Excuse me while I get off the floor. Okay. Please continue, you were saying....