Child Of Lesbian Couple Speaks Against Same-sex Marriage.

elektra

Platinum Member
Dec 1, 2013
Seems the only voice in this debate, is the voice of the Homosexual and the Activist. Now its time to here from the children being adopted into, "families". Children know right from wrong despite what the "experts", think.

Child of lesbian couple speaks out against gay marriage Denny Burk

Contrary to what the gay lobby claims, Lopez writes, children raised by same-sex parents “deeply feel the loss of a father or mother, no matter how much we love our gay parents.”

These children know they are “powerless to stop the decision to deprive them of a father or mother,” he adds. And this decision comes with serious and often permanent consequences. For instance, they “feel disconnected from the gender cues of people around them,” and long for a role model of the opposite sex.

While they love the people who raised them, they experience anger at their decision to deprive them of one or both biological parents—and “shame or guilt for resenting their loving parents.”

The so-called “consensus” by psychologists and pediatricians on the soundness of same-sex parenting is, Lopez writes, “frankly bogus.” The truth is, there is no data to support that assertion.

Instead, as political scientists Leon Kass of the University of Chicago and Harvey Mansfield of Harvard University note, “Claims that science provides support for constitutionalizing a right to same-sex marriage must rest necessarily on ideology”—and “ideology is not science.”

Seems the only voice in this debate, is the voice of the Homosexual and the Activist. Now its time to here from the children being adopted into, "families". Children know right from wrong despite what the "experts", think.

Contrary to what the gay lobby claims, Lopez writes, children raised by same-sex parents “deeply feel the loss of a father or mother, no matter how much we love our gay parents.”

These children know they are “powerless to stop the decision to deprive them of a father or mother,” he adds. And this decision comes with serious and often permanent consequences. For instance, they “feel disconnected from the gender cues of people around them,” and long for a role model of the opposite sex.

While they love the people who raised them, they experience anger at their decision to deprive them of one or both biological parents—and “shame or guilt for resenting their loving parents.”

The so-called “consensus” by psychologists and pediatricians on the soundness of same-sex parenting is, Lopez writes, “frankly bogus.” The truth is, there is no data to support that assertion.

Instead, as political scientists Leon Kass of the University of Chicago and Harvey Mansfield of Harvard University note, “Claims that science provides support for constitutionalizing a right to same-sex marriage must rest necessarily on ideology”—and “ideology is not science.”

WRONG. The kids in cases of dykes and fags don't matter. It's only "what is good" for the perverts.

So you have on instance and maybe there is more behind the story, but as usual that doesn't matter.
Take the story for face value.
Keep up the good work.:banghead:

Anecdotal source has an agenda and is therefore not credible.

This is a credible resource, but it is just one family. It would be a very interesting study to to interview the children of gay couples for it is their lives and experiences that matter, not those of psychologists, psychiatrists or social workers.

seems more an indictment of same-sex parenting than same-sex marriage.
it also seems like the lamentation is that not having a heterosexual couple for parents a child will miss the absent gender.

I wonder what a child of a single parent, or a child in foster care, would think about rejecting a loving parent because they aren't the right gender?

“If a child has two loving and capable parents who choose to create a permanent bond, it’s in the best interest of their children that legal institutions allow them to do so.”

A great deal of scientific research documents there is no cause-and-effect relationship between parents’ sexual orientation and children’s well-being, according to the AAP policy. In fact, many studies attest to the normal development of children of same-gender couples when the child is wanted, the parents have a commitment to shared parenting, and the parents have strong social and economic support. Critical factors that affect the normal development and mental health of children are parental stress, economic and social stability, community resources, discrimination, and children’s exposure to toxic stressors at home or in their communities -- not the sexual orientation of their parents.

According to the policy statement, the AAP “supports pediatricians advocating for public policies that help all children and their parents, regardless of sexual orientation, build and maintain strong, stable, and healthy families that are able to meet the needs of their children.”

American Academy of Pediatrics Supports Same Gender Civil Marriage

This is a credible resource, but it is just one family. It would be a very interesting study to to interview the children of gay couples for it is their lives and experiences that matter, not those of psychologists, psychiatrists or social workers.

There have been plenty of studies of children raised by gay parents that show no discernible difference in how they were raised as opposed to heterosexual parents.

This anecdote concerns an adopted child and many adoptees have "abandonment" issues since they question why they ended up being adopted in the first place. It is unlikely that this child is any different to other adoptees in his feelings and being raised by a loving gay couple probably has nothing to do with why he feels this way.

The OP has an agenda and appears to be exploiting this child in order to further his agenda. That much was obvious from the biased slant of the text in the link.

it also seems like the lamentation is that not having a heterosexual couple for parents a child will miss the absent gender.

I wonder what a child of a single parent, or a child in foster care, would think about rejecting a loving parent because they aren't the right gender?

I really don't want to second guess the mind of a child when I don't know the child or the parents involved. But I will say, that the experiences of the child has to be taken into account as well as the parents.

Relationships with other children at school, friends, parents of friends, and possible bullying experiences can take place. Children can be mean. Do the children of gay parents have negative experiences such as those?

I really don't want to second guess the mind of a child when I don't know the child or the parents involved. But I will say, that the experiences of the child has to be taken into account as well as the parents.

Relationships with other children at school, friends, parents of friends, and possible bullying experiences can take place. Children can be mean. Do the children of gay parents have negative experiences such as those?

It would be a miracle if they didn't have any such encounters.

a valid concern.
you might have to ask yourself the likelihood that something will continue to be a source for bullying if it becomes more common and accepted.

you also have to wonder if the potential bigotry and harmful acts of outside forces should be a consideration when deciding if a loving couple should have a family.

not easy questions to ask - but without digging for it to source i recall reading an article that people today feel the same way about gay marriage that people twenty years ago felt about interracial marriage.

kinda scary.

a valid concern.
you might have to ask yourself the likelihood that something will continue to be a source for bullying if it becomes more common and accepted.

you also have to wonder if the potential bigotry and harmful acts of outside forces should be a consideration when deciding if a loving couple should have a family.

not easy questions to ask - but without digging for it to source i recall reading an article that people today feel the same way about gay marriage that people twenty years ago felt about interracial marriage.

kinda scary.

Excellent point.

a valid concern.

kinda scary.

Anything new and different can be unsettling initially. However that soon goes away once the realization sets in that nothing unusual is occurring. Today no one thinks twice about an interracial family. It will be the same for gay families in the future.

the grass always seems greener on the other side of the fence, yet it hardly ever is...

this woman/man misses what she/he doesn't have, while still loving his/her parents very much....

But being adopted by a hetero couple, is no guarantee that it would be better.... a friend of mine was adopted by a hetero couple, who then got divorced and his mother left town....then when he was 16, his adopted father's house burnt down and he had no insurance on it....so his adopted father moved in with his girlfriend and told Mike to fend for himself...he was sleeping on park benches until my husband brought him home to his family home, and told his mother that his friend had no where to go and no place to stay, and his mother and father let his friend Mike stay with them, until he turned 18 and joined the Army.

then, on a good note, about 15 years later when Mike was in his mid 30's, his birth family traced Mike down....he had something like 10 full blooded, brothers and sisters....his mother and father divorced after their 7th child together, and she was pregnant with him when they divorced, so she gave him up for adoption because she knew she could not afford to take care of him and her 7 other children..... THEN, his parents reconciled, and married each other again and had 2-3 more children together,(talk about fertile Myrtle) and tried to find out where Mike was and if he was adopted and to whom, but laws back then did not permit the adoption agency to give out any info.... so his brothers and sisters continued the search and then got pretty savvy with the internet and records were loosened, and they finally found him!!!! Instantly, he went from being a loner with no family but Matt's, to having a huge family!!!! they are all closer than ever!!!

And lived happily ever after.

THE END

:D

Last edited:
Yes, Loving family, Scientific studies, all nice propaganda. How
“If a child has two loving and capable parents who choose to create a permanent bond, it’s in the best interest of their children that legal institutions allow them to do so.”

A great deal of scientific research documents there is no cause-and-effect relationship between parents’ sexual orientation and children’s well-being, according to the AAP policy. In fact, many studies attest to the normal development of children of same-gender couples when the child is wanted, the parents have a commitment to shared parenting, and the parents have strong social and economic support. Critical factors that affect the normal development and mental health of children are parental stress, economic and social stability, community resources, discrimination, and children’s exposure to toxic stressors at home or in their communities -- not the sexual orientation of their parents.

According to the policy statement, the AAP “supports pediatricians advocating for public policies that help all children and their parents, regardless of sexual orientation, build and maintain strong, stable, and healthy families that are able to meet the needs of their children.”

Nice, anyone can link ot the American Academy of Pediatrics, so what, they are the Activists.

Link to the scientific research you speak of, it is so flawed and narrow that its ridiculous. I bet you never even read what you think exists.

A simple statement by a political organization is hardly valid.

Anecdotal source has an agenda and is therefore not credible.

You should talk to SeaWytch.

And we all know how wonderful conventional marriage parenting is and how their offspring turn out.

Yes, Loving family, Scientific studies, all nice propaganda. How

Nice, anyone can link ot the American Academy of Pediatrics, so what, they are the Activists.

Link to the scientific research you speak of, it is so flawed and narrow that its ridiculous. I bet you never even read what you think exists.

A simple statement by a political organization is hardly valid.

Your own nefarious agenda is starting to reveal itself.

Forum List

Back