Child Of Lesbian Couple Speaks Against Same-sex Marriage.

Seems the only voice in this debate, is the voice of the Homosexual and the Activist. Now its time to here from the children being adopted into, "families". Children know right from wrong despite what the "experts", think.

Child of lesbian couple speaks out against gay marriage Denny Burk

Contrary to what the gay lobby claims, Lopez writes, children raised by same-sex parents “deeply feel the loss of a father or mother, no matter how much we love our gay parents.”

These children know they are “powerless to stop the decision to deprive them of a father or mother,” he adds. And this decision comes with serious and often permanent consequences. For instance, they “feel disconnected from the gender cues of people around them,” and long for a role model of the opposite sex.

While they love the people who raised them, they experience anger at their decision to deprive them of one or both biological parents—and “shame or guilt for resenting their loving parents.”

The so-called “consensus” by psychologists and pediatricians on the soundness of same-sex parenting is, Lopez writes, “frankly bogus.” The truth is, there is no data to support that assertion.

Instead, as political scientists Leon Kass of the University of Chicago and Harvey Mansfield of Harvard University note, “Claims that science provides support for constitutionalizing a right to same-sex marriage must rest necessarily on ideology”—and “ideology is not science.”

Seems like his hatred didn't have much to do with the actual same sex couple.

"Contrary to what the gay lobby claims, Lopez writes, children raised by same-sex parents “deeply feel the loss of a father or mother, no matter how much we love our gay parents.”"

Which brings in single parent families too. So we should deprive all single parents of their kids, we should prevent them from adopting, make sure only couples with male and female are allowed children.

"These children know they are “powerless to stop the decision to deprive them of a father or mother,” he adds. And this decision comes with serious and often permanent consequences. For instance, they “feel disconnected from the gender cues of people around them,” and long for a role model of the opposite sex."

I wonder how kids who's mother or father was killed in Iraq, Afghanistan, Vietnam etc feels. Or those who lost a parent to disease, illness, or an accident, or those whose mother or father walked out on them. Do you think they feel powerless too?

They keep saying that two parents of the opposite sex is the best. However Dr. Robert Oscar Lopez supports civil unions, where, I guess, they could have two lesbians, still bring up kids.
In fact, you don't need to be married to bring up kids. So..... This is all clutching at straws massively.

This guy Lopez seems a little bit loony.

Same-sex marriage opponent Robert Oscar Lopez calls himself a children s activist MinnPost

"On the first trip, he introduced himself to the crowd packed into the Capitol rotunda March 7 for a Minnesotans for Marriage rally as a children’s activist on a crusade to make sure that kids grow up with a parent of each gender."

Right? So in order to get all kids to have a parent of each gender, he isn't making sure all adopted kids are in couple families, he isn't removing kids from single parent families, he isn't forcing single parents to re-marry, he isn't even demanding that gay couples can't adopt. No, he's preventing gay and lesbians, who, are not going to marry someone of the opposite sex anyway, from marrying.

Does anyone see the logic fail from a DOCTOR???? Jeez, this guy has a PhD or something and can't do logic 101.

"On March 12, he told the Senate Judiciary Committee a convoluted story about growing up with a lesbian mother, falling himself into a life of drugs and promiscuity as a young gay man and finally marrying a woman and becoming a father. The experience, he testified, scarred him for life."

So, children brought up in gay families will become druggies, and go around foowkin everything in sight, where as kids in different sex couple families will always bring up little angels.
I have no doubt his messed up life scarred him for life, but what's this got to do with gay marriage?

His research isn't much to be proud of, I guess as an English professor, going into the world of psychology and other such sciences doesn't come naturally to him.

Articles L Etat C est Gay Taking the New Sexual Fascism Seriously

"After months of collaboration with dozens of family activists, my blogging squad (English Manif) was able to publish a catalog of 300 real-life examples of totalitarian conduct by the gay marriage and gay parenting movement."

English Manif 300 Articles You Have to Read to Understand What Is Meant by the Term Homofascism

here you can read the 300. I was kind of expecting to have kids abused by their gay parents or something, number one is not great, a girl receiving death threats an so on, is not about a child being brought up by gay parents. Basically this is a list of where people who are pro-same sex marriage have been overly aggressive.

If the guy wants 300 examples of gay people being executed in countries just for being gay, I guess I could find them, but what's the point?

Articles Those Poor Little Gays The World Is Saying No

This article is just an example of patheticness. I'd not have guessed that this guy is a professor teaching at a university if I have known.

"Same-sex parenting is an abusive practice whereby two gay adults contrive to deprive a helpless child of the love and support of a mother or father."

I mean, he's not even trying to be academic, he's showing his prejudice and nothing more.

"But the bottom line is, whether they were from Europe, Asia, or Africa, they were more than aware that a freakish Nordic alliance of Norway, Sweden, Denmark, and Iceland has been trying to turn the whole globe into some kind of gay utopian dream."

Sure, when I went to Norway and Sweden they clearly tried to convert me, and they're all gay there. Er.... wait, maybe not. What is this guy going on about.

So, to have someone like this coming out and saying he is against gay marriage, does more harm to those who are against gay marriage than it does good.

There was a thread created awhile back with a video of a child from a same sex couple speaking in favor of gay marriage. Does that one child's opinion cancel out this one child's opinion?

And we all know how wonderful conventional marriage parenting is and how their offspring turn out.

seems more an indictment of same-sex parenting than same-sex marriage.
it also seems like the lamentation is that not having a heterosexual couple for parents a child will miss the absent gender.

I wonder what a child of a single parent, or a child in foster care, would think about rejecting a loving parent because they aren't the right gender?

You mean the 99.99999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999% of all people that ever walked the face of the planet?

Overall, not bad

There was a thread created awhile back with a video of a child from a same sex couple speaking in favor of gay marriage. Does that one child's opinion cancel out this one child's opinion?
The other is from activist Zach Wahl who was not adopted hence his voice is not one speaking from experience. Zach Wahl was not adopted.

The OP is about giving a voice to another side of this debate that is not being represented.

Did that child live in a same sex household?

Did that child live in a same sex household?

The two women are his parents. I imagine he lived in their household. Unless I'm not understanding your question correctly. :dunno:

The so-called “consensus” by psychologists and pediatricians on the soundness of same-sex parenting is, Lopez writes, “frankly bogus.” The truth is, there is no data to support that assertion.

Instead, as political scientists Leon Kass of the University of Chicago and Harvey Mansfield of Harvard University note, “Claims that science provides support for constitutionalizing a right to same-sex marriage must rest necessarily on ideology”—and “ideology is not science.”

Yeah! Those psychologists and pediatricians have no idea what they're talking about. This political scientist on the other hand... :lol:

Yeah! Those psychologists and pediatricians have no idea what they're talking about. This political scientist on the other hand... :lol:

Scientists sent to prison for fraudulent conduct - University World News

Hmmmmmmm. Interesting article about research frauds going to prison

Nah, couldn't happen

Activists do not become professionals and act within their respective fields to promote politics?

Post some of this science you seem to think exists.

Scientists sent to prison for fraudulent conduct - University World News

Hmmmmmmm. Interesting article about research frauds going to prison

Nah, couldn't happen

I'm certainly not saying that psychologists and pediatricians would never lie. I'm just pointing out the ridiculousness of saying that their word means nothing, because a political scientist said so.

Activists do not become professionals and act within their respective fields to promote politics?

Post some of this science you seem to think exists.

I never said that they don't, but the field of a political scientist is nothing but politics.

Yes, Loving family, Scientific studies, all nice propaganda. How

Nice, anyone can link ot the American Academy of Pediatrics, so what, they are the Activists.

Link to the scientific research you speak of, it is so flawed and narrow that its ridiculous. I bet you never even read what you think exists.

A simple statement by a political organization is hardly valid.

:lol: wrong, AAP is THE most valid medical organization focused on the well being of children, and their medicine is based on science, so just follow the AAP links, IF you really care to understand the validity of the scientific evidence behind their statement...

“If a child has two loving and capable parents who choose to create a permanent bond, it’s in the best interest of their children that legal institutions allow them to do so.”

A great deal of scientific research documents there is no cause-and-effect relationship between parents’ sexual orientation and children’s well-being, according to the AAP policy. In fact, many studies attest to the normal development of children of same-gender couples when the child is wanted, the parents have a commitment to shared parenting, and the parents have strong social and economic support. Critical factors that affect the normal development and mental health of children are parental stress, economic and social stability, community resources, discrimination, and children’s exposure to toxic stressors at home or in their communities -- not the sexual orientation of their parents.

According to the policy statement, the AAP “supports pediatricians advocating for public policies that help all children and their parents, regardless of sexual orientation, build and maintain strong, stable, and healthy families that are able to meet the needs of their children.”

American Academy of Pediatrics Supports Same Gender Civil Marriage

Seems the only voice in this debate, is the voice of the Homosexual and the Activist. Now its time to here from the children being adopted into, "families". Children know right from wrong despite what the "experts", think.

Contrary to what the gay lobby claims, Lopez writes, children raised by same-sex parents “deeply feel the loss of a father or mother, no matter how much we love our gay parents.”

These children know they are “powerless to stop the decision to deprive them of a father or mother,” he adds. And this decision comes with serious and often permanent consequences. For instance, they “feel disconnected from the gender cues of people around them,” and long for a role model of the opposite sex.

While they love the people who raised them, they experience anger at their decision to deprive them of one or both biological parents—and “shame or guilt for resenting their loving parents.”

WRONG. The kids in cases of dykes and fags don't matter. It's only "what is good" for the perverts.
Our children mean as much to us as your children mean to you. In some cases probably more since we don't have oopsies.

WRONG. The kids in cases of dykes and fags don't matter. It's only "what is good" for the perverts.
Our children mean as much to us as your children mean to you. In some cases probably more since we don't have oopsies.

How could you possibly have any idea what you're talking about?

Wait... nevermind. :eusa_shifty:

But try doing the percentage of troubled children from hetero sexual couples and compared to same sex couples.
Get back to us when the math makes sense.

And we all know how wonderful conventional marriage parenting is and how their offspring turn out.

it also seems like the lamentation is that not having a heterosexual couple for parents a child will miss the absent gender.

I wonder what a child of a single parent, or a child in foster care, would think about rejecting a loving parent because they aren't the right gender?

You mean the 99.99999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999% of all people that ever walked the face of the planet?

Overall, not bad

I really don't want to second guess the mind of a child when I don't know the child or the parents involved. But I will say, that the experiences of the child has to be taken into account as well as the parents.

Relationships with other children at school, friends, parents of friends, and possible bullying experiences can take place. Children can be mean. Do the children of gay parents have negative experiences such as those?
Our family, I would say no....our daughter had plenty of friends in school, was and is an A student (she's in college now) we have become friends with her friends' parents and if I may stereotype, she was a core member of the jock/popular crowd at her High School. There were a few bullying attempts in elementary school...but the bullies were all around bullies and (as we told her would happen) got their comeuppance in Middle School and High School....they had a multitude of issues.

in bizarro world, the opinions of nitwits on messageboards is valid and scientific, while peer reviewed scientific studies of longstanding medical academies uniquely responsible for the well being of children, is just partisan bunk! :lol:

Extensive data available from more than 30 years of research reveal that children raised by gay and lesbian parents have demonstrated resilience with regard to social, psychological, and sexual health despite economic and legal disparities and social stigma. Many studies have demonstrated that children's well-being is affected much more by their relationships with their parents, their parents' sense of competence and security, and the presence of social and economic support for the family than by the gender or the sexual orientation of their parents. Lack of opportunity for same-gender couples to marry adds to families’ stress, which affects the health and welfare of all household members. Because marriage strengthens families and, in so doing, benefits children’s development, children should not be deprived of the opportunity for their parents to be married. Paths to parenthood that include assisted reproductive techniques, adoption, and foster parenting should focus on competency of the parents rather than their sexual orientation.

follow the original link to link upon link upon link...

Yes, Loving family, Scientific studies, all nice propaganda. How

Nice, anyone can link ot the American Academy of Pediatrics, so what, they are the Activists.

Link to the scientific research you speak of, it is so flawed and narrow that its ridiculous. I bet you never even read what you think exists.

A simple statement by a political organization is hardly valid.

:lol: wrong, AAP is THE most valid medical organization focused on the well being of children, and their medicine is based on science, so just follow the AAP links, IF you really care to understand the validity of the scientific evidence behind their statement...

“If a child has two loving and capable parents who choose to create a permanent bond, it’s in the best interest of their children that legal institutions allow them to do so.”

A great deal of scientific research documents there is no cause-and-effect relationship between parents’ sexual orientation and children’s well-being, according to the AAP policy. In fact, many studies attest to the normal development of children of same-gender couples when the child is wanted, the parents have a commitment to shared parenting, and the parents have strong social and economic support. Critical factors that affect the normal development and mental health of children are parental stress, economic and social stability, community resources, discrimination, and children’s exposure to toxic stressors at home or in their communities -- not the sexual orientation of their parents.

According to the policy statement, the AAP “supports pediatricians advocating for public policies that help all children and their parents, regardless of sexual orientation, build and maintain strong, stable, and healthy families that are able to meet the needs of their children.”

American Academy of Pediatrics Supports Same Gender Civil Marriage
So post the scientific evidence.

"Their medicine"? Activism is medicine?

Anyhow, you claim there is science, let's see it.

The AAP are activists.

All children from heterosexual couples turn out to be well adjusted adults, and all children from gay couples turn out messed up. If a child who is messed up comes from what seems to be a heterosexual couple then one of them is probably a tranny. Somebody alert Novasteve!

Forum List

Back