Choosin’ Your Religion

PoliticalChic

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Oct 6, 2008
Brooklyn, NY
There is not a degree of separation between politics and religion....this thread will prove that.

There no demarcation between religion and politics. Antonio Gramsci, Italian Marxist theoretician and founding member and one-time leader of the Communist Party of Italy. Gramsci’s motto is that of liberals today: “that all life is "political."
That includes religion.

1.Now…about choosing your religion…No…not REM’s ‘Losin’ Your Religion,’ but realizing that, consciously or not, voluntarily or not, government schooling is the vehicle for both…choosing and losing. As a vehicle for one of the two choices, it doesn’t really seem fair that government schools get to literally force the choice on the youth they control.

But they do.

The choice is between the faith of our Founders, the Judeo-Christian belief system of the Ten Commandments, versus the most dynamic faith in contemporary Western Civilization, Totalitarian Leftism.

2. During FDR’s tenure, a Stalin spy, Whittaker Chambers, converted to the other religion, and was a witness to what had happened in that administration. He wrote a book, Witness, where he made my point about Leftism:
“It [Communism] is not new. It is, in fact, man's second oldest faith. Its promise was whispered in the first days of the Creation under the Tree of the Knowledge of Good and Evil: "Ye shall be as gods." It is the great alternative faith of mankind. Like all great faiths, its force derives from a simple vision. Other ages have had great visions. They have always been different versions of the same vision: the vision of God and man's relationship to God. The Communist vision is the vision of Man without God.
It is the vision of man's mind displacing God as the creative intelligence of the world.” Whittaker Chambers, Witness

So….the first aspect to consider in choosing your religion, and one that is very attractive, is whether to worship God, or man.

3. The second glaring difference between the two religions deals with children. Early on in the Hebrew Bible we find God telling Adam and Eve to “Be fertile and increase and fill the earth,” Genesis 1:28

And again, after the flood, Noah and his family get the very same message: 9.1 “Be fertile and increase and fill the earth.

For the environmental version of Leftism, just the opposite mandate applies:
“SCIENTISTS DEMAND WESTERNERS HAVE FEWER CHILDREN TO STOP CLIMATE CHANGE” Scientists Demand Westerners Have Fewer Children To Stop Climate Change

It is interesting that Chambers left communism for his original faith when he thought about his child.

BTW…there are lots of Marxist atheists who are called ‘scientists’ who serve Leftism, not science.

4. The choice is also about order versus chaos. The Bible religion draws distinctions by providing examples, opposites, juxtapositions: God distinguishes between light and dark, day and night, land and water, and humans and animals; and, as we will see elsewhere in the Torah, God distinguishes between man and God, good and evil, man and woman, the holy and the profane, parent and child, the beautiful and the ugly, and life and death.”

Leftism does the opposite.
Today, because a very different force is ascendant, chaos is on the increase. The best example…Well, Facebook offers 56 options. You can use up to 10 of them on your profile. Fifty-six sounds like a lot, but actually a lot of them are variations on a theme — "cisgender man" and "cisgender male," as well as "cis man" and "cis male." In terms of broad categories, there about a dozen.
See Confused by All the New Facebook Genders? Here's What They Mean.

OK…so, so far, if not for government schools, you could consider whether to worship mankind or God, to have children or not, and whether there are two sexes, or dozens.
Kind of a check-list for your decision.

More choices, differences between the faith of our founders, and that of Rousseau, Hegel, and Marx.... next.

Last edited:
As the OP mentions, Stalin's spy, Whittaker Chambers left communism for Christianity upon studying his infant daughter.....her ear, actually.

He realized that a religion that worships man could not have created it....

He wrote this:

"My eye came to rest on the delicate convolutions of her ear—those intricate, perfect ears. The thought passed through my mind: “No, those ears were not created by any chance coming together of atoms in nature (the Communist view). They could have been created only by immense design.” The thought was involuntary and unwanted. I crowded it out of my mind. But I never wholly forgot it or the occasion. I had to crowd it out of my mind. If I had completed it, I should have had to say: Design presupposes God. I did not then know that, at that moment, the finger of God was first laid upon my forehead."
Witness, p. 16

I should also mention that when Stalin formed an alliance with Hitler, this was also a factor in Chambers' becoming anti-communist.

Personal faith is a natural right but religious control of secular matters is not. That pedophile preacher down at the church has no business telling anyone how to live.

Personal faith is a natural right but religious control of secular matters is not. That pedophile preacher down at the church has no business telling anyone how to live.

"... religious control of secular matters..."

One of the lies that you were taught in government school, is the one you just parroted.

Of course, there is no truth to it.

You government school grads have never read a book....have you......but if you had, and you had the courage to question your masters, you might have learned this:

Although Christianity in its many varieties was the religion of the original colonies, Christianity does not preach operational dominance over the body politic in America. Tocqueville compared this aspect to Islam: “Mohammed professed to derive from Heaven, and has inserted in the Koran, not only religious doctrines, but political maxims, civil and criminal laws, and theories of science. The Gospel, on the contrary, speaks only of the general relations of men to God and to each other, beyond which it inculcates and imposes no point of faith. This alone, besides a thousand other reasons, would suffice to prove that the former of these religions will never long predominate in a cultivated and democratic age, while the latter is destined to retain its sway at these as at all other periods.” Tocqueville, “Democracy in America,” vol.2, p. 23.

Interesting refutation of the lie, huh?

How come you never thought of that.....???

OK…so, so far, if not for government schools, you could consider whether to have children, and whether there are two sexes, or dozens.

More choices to consider....

5. When one considers the values in the faith of our Jefferson, Madison, and Franklin, versus that of Rousseau, Hegel and Marx, there is marriage as a consideration.....is it important, or to be eschewed?

Genesis 2.18 The Lord God said, “It is not good for man to be alone. Until this verse, the only adjective God used to describe what He created was “good.” Now, for the first time, God declares something “not good.” In the words of the great seventeenth-century writer John Milton (Paradise Lost): “Loneliness is the first thing which God’s eye named not good.” It is important to note that it is not Adam who said this; it was God who made this observation. Men do not independently know that it is not good for them to be alone. 2.18 (cont.) I will make a fitting helper for him.”

A literal translation is “a helper who is his equal.” (Prager translation)

Here is Leftism’s take on the issue:

“Dunn coined the famous catch phrase: "A woman needs a man like a fish needs a bicycle," which was subsequently popularised by Gloria Steinem and became a popular slogan among feminists.” Irina Dunn - Wikipedia

OK…so, so far, if not for government schools, you could consider whether to have children, and whether there are two sexes, or dozens, and whether the social commitment known as marriage is good for the individual and for society.

One of the lies that you were taught in government school, is the one you just parroted.

You government school grads have never read a book....have you......but if you had, and you had the courage to question your masters, you might have learned this:

Although Christianity in its many varieties was the religion of the original colonies, Christianity does not preach operational dominance over the body politic in America. Tocqueville compared this aspect to Islam: “Mohammed professed to derive from Heaven, and has inserted in the Koran, not only religious doctrines, but political maxims, civil and criminal laws, and theories of science. The Gospel, on the contrary, speaks only of the general relations of men to God and to each other, beyond which it inculcates and imposes no point of faith. This alone, besides a thousand other reasons, would suffice to prove that the former of these religions will never long predominate in a cultivated and democratic age, while the latter is destined to retain its sway at these as at all other periods.” Tocqueville, “Democracy in America,” vol.2, p. 23.

Religion is a social construct that is an excellent cloak for evil men to practice every sin in the book and get away with it. Remove that log from your eye before you nitpick the speck of sawdust in my eye.

"Religion is the opium of the people" seem like a crude way to put it, but if you saw the movie "Spotlight" you might come to a similar conclusion based on the behavior of the gatekeepers of heaven.

Religion is a social construct that is an excellent cloak for evil men to practice every sin in the book and get away with it. Remove that log from your eye before you nitpick the speck of sawdust in my eye.

Soooo.....you never heard about the 100 million men, women and children the Democrat predecessors slaughtered in the last century?

That's government schooling for ya'....

...you dunce.

Soooo.....you never heard about the 100 million men, women and children the Democrat predecessors slaughtered in the last century?

...you dunce.
All I am saying is that religion is at least as corrupt as any other human institution. Since believers tend to be very naive and trusting of clergy it's probably the most corrupt thing in the world. I find more honesty and genuine goodness in a bar room than I ever did in church. Making religious authority figures into infallible and trustworthy conduits to God seems to be an excellent way to get your pocket picked and your children molested.

...you dunce.
All I am saying is that religion is at least as corrupt as any other human institution. Since believers tend to be very naive and trusting of clergy it's probably the most corrupt thing in the world. I find more honesty and genuine goodness in a bar room than I ever did in church. Making religious authority figures into infallible and trustworthy conduits to God seems to be an excellent way to get your pocket picked and your children molested.

Let's review..

First you claimed that religion is force on you...and I showed it certainly is not. In fact it is hidden and marginalized by your religion, Secular Totalitarianism

Next, you referred to it being evil, and I showed that there is no historical basis for comparing the numbers slaughtered by your side, to that of religion.

Shouldn't you begin to question why you've been lied to?

And...consider the rest of the comparisons I'm gonna provide in this thread.

OK…so, so far, if not for government schools, you could consider whether to have children, and whether there are two sexes, or dozens, and whether the social commitment known as marriage is good for the individual and for society.

Here’s an interesting one, when choosing between the Judeo-Christian choice and the Secular Totalitarian one….

6. How about accepting murder? That’s a basis for accepting one of the religions.

The Sixth Commandment is often mistranslated at ‘kill.’ But the correct translation is ‘Thou shalt not murder.” “…the sixth of the Ten Commandments forbids the unjustified taking of a human life.”
Why is "You shall not murder" in the Ten Commandments? | GotQuestions.org

While the Hebrew Bible lists God’s requirement that any who murder be put to death….the rule appear in each of the five books….God didn’t put Cain to death. The interpretation is that his killing of his brother was not premeditated.

Now, that other religion, Leftism, has no such proscriptions about murder. Communism (gulags), Nazism (concentration camps), Progressivism (eugenics), Liberalism (abortion), are all up in the millions that they feel fine in slaughtering. Their answer to ‘thou shalt not murder’ is ‘you can't make an omelet without breaking a few eggs.’

Does that help in deciding which religion is right for you?

OK…so, so far, if not for government schools, you could consider whether to worship God, or man, to have children or not, and whether there are two sexes, or dozens, and whether the social commitment known as marriage is good for the individual and for society.
Now we see that Totalitarian Secularism gives more than a shrug about the murder of millions.

Still on the fence?

...you dunce.

Let's review..

First you claimed that religion is force on you...and I showed it certainly is not. In fact it is hidden and marginalized by your religion, Secular Totalitarianism

Next, you referred to it being evil, and I showed that there is no historical basis for comparing the numbers slaughtered by your side, to that of religion.

Let me straighten you out on something. I learned about religion by living it. I was taken to church by my family every Sunday and Wednesday for my entire childhood where I met a lot of good people who looked the other way as their kids got molested so much I thought it was just what church was about. Not even saying my childhood Hell was typical but it showed me just how blind people can be in their faith. There as preachers preying on poor people and their children right now and you want to let them be the moral compass of the nation.

..I was just discussing this in another thread..most people don't choose their religion--they are brainwashed from childhood to believe whatever their parents believe, who were also brainwashed from childhood

here --religion is usually '''chosen'' by whatever country you live in

FT_15.06.12religiousGroups_Alargest640px2.png

There is not a degree of separation between politics and religion....this thread will prove that.

There no demarcation between religion and politics. Antonio Gramsci, Italian Marxist theoretician and founding member and one-time leader of the Communist Party of Italy. Gramsci’s motto is that of liberals today: “that all life is "political."
That includes religion.

1.Now…about choosing your religion…No…not REM’s ‘Losin’ Your Religion,’ but realizing that, consciously or not, voluntarily or not, government schooling is the vehicle for both…choosing and losing. As a vehicle for one of the two choices, it doesn’t really seem fair that government schools get to literally force the choice on the youth they control.

But they do.

The choice is between the faith of our Founders, the Judeo-Christian belief system of the Ten Commandments, versus the most dynamic faith in contemporary Western Civilization, Totalitarian Leftism.

2. During FDR’s tenure, a Stalin spy, Whittaker Chambers, converted to the other religion, and was a witness to what had happened in that administration. He wrote a book, Witness, where he made my point about Leftism:
“It [Communism] is not new. It is, in fact, man's second oldest faith. Its promise was whispered in the first days of the Creation under the Tree of the Knowledge of Good and Evil: "Ye shall be as gods." It is the great alternative faith of mankind. Like all great faiths, its force derives from a simple vision. Other ages have had great visions. They have always been different versions of the same vision: the vision of God and man's relationship to God. The Communist vision is the vision of Man without God.
It is the vision of man's mind displacing God as the creative intelligence of the world.” Whittaker Chambers, Witness

So….the first aspect to consider in choosing your religion, and one that is very attractive, is whether to worship God, or man.

3. The second glaring difference between the two religions deals with children. Early on in the Hebrew Bible we find God telling Adam and Eve to “Be fertile and increase and fill the earth,” Genesis 1:28

And again, after the flood, Noah and his family get the very same message: 9.1 “Be fertile and increase and fill the earth.

“SCIENTISTS DEMAND WESTERNERS HAVE FEWER CHILDREN TO STOP CLIMATE CHANGE” Scientists Demand Westerners Have Fewer Children To Stop Climate Change

It is interesting that Chambers left communism for his original faith when he thought about his child.

BTW…there are lots of Marxist atheists who are called ‘scientists’ who serve Leftism, not science.

4. The choice is also about order versus chaos. The Bible religion draws distinctions by providing examples, opposites, juxtapositions: God distinguishes between light and dark, day and night, land and water, and humans and animals; and, as we will see elsewhere in the Torah, God distinguishes between man and God, good and evil, man and woman, the holy and the profane, parent and child, the beautiful and the ugly, and life and death.”

Today, because a very different force is ascendant, chaos is on the increase. The best example…Well, Facebook offers 56 options. You can use up to 10 of them on your profile. Fifty-six sounds like a lot, but actually a lot of them are variations on a theme — "cisgender man" and "cisgender male," as well as "cis man" and "cis male." In terms of broad categories, there about a dozen.

OK…so, so far, if not for government schools, you could consider whether to worship mankind or God, to have children or not, and whether there are two sexes, or dozens.

More choices, differences between the faith of our founders, and that of Rousseau, Hegel, and Marx.... next.
As far as the Common Law system is concerned, that's right; the principles upon which the law is based are indeed "religious" or faith in moral axioms such as the the Golden Rule, and whatnot, just as any system, religious, philosophical, or otherwise is founded on a set of axioms and principles (such as the Secular religion or philosophy of Secular Humanism), presumably constructed or approximated from mathematics, as is every type of system, regardless of what the inherent principles, merits, structures, and so forth are composed or comprised of..

Even then, I'd argue that there is a difference between our Law punishing sins or crimes like "rape" or "murder", and a state forcing people to attend a religious service (e.x. Catholic mass).

I believe, eventually we can and will succeed at removing many of the "left-wing" philosophies from our public schools and universities, whatever archaic philosophical axioms or silly generational fads or trends they are composed or comprised of.

(But honestly, given how low a level of education the "K-12 system" or minimum college standards, on the whole, is or are, I'm not overtly or catastrophically concerned with it as of right now, and I ultimately prefer self-empowerment, such as entrepreneurship or personal investment in standards and whatnot. Perhaps the Information Age and self-actualization will help to remedy this problem as well as other archaic ones.

...you dunce.

Let's review..

Let me straighten you out on something. I learned about religion by living it. I was taken to church by my family every Sunday and Wednesday for my entire childhood where I met a lot of good people who looked the other way as their kids got molested so much I thought it was just what church was about. Not even saying my childhood Hell was typical but it showed me just how blind people can be in their faith. There as preachers preying on poor people and their children right now and you want to let them be the moral compass of the nation.

So....why have you switched to Secular Totalitarianism?

OK…so, so far, if not for government schools, you could consider whether to worship God, or man, to have children or not, and whether there are two sexes, or dozens, and whether the social commitment known as marriage is good for the individual and for society.
Now we see that Totalitarian Secularism gives more than a shrug about the murder of millions.

That includes religion.

But they do.

As far as the Common Law system is concerned, that's right; the principles upon which the law is based are indeed "religious" or faith in moral axioms such as the the Golden Rule, and whatnot, just as any system, religious, philosophical, or otherwise is founded on a set of axioms and principles (such as the Secular religion or philosophy of Secular Humanism), presumably constructed or approximated from mathematics, as is every type of system, regardless of what the inherent principles, merits, structures, and so forth are composed or comprised of..

Even then, I'd argue that there is a difference between our Law punishing sins or crimes like "rape" or "murder", and a state forcing people to attend a religious service (e.x. Catholic mass).

I believe, eventually we can and will succeed at removing many of the "left-wing" philosophies from our public schools and universities, whatever archaic philosophical axioms or silly generational fads or trends they are composed or comprised of.

(But honestly, given how low a level of education the "K-12 system" or minimum college standards, on the whole, is or are, I'm not overtly or catastrophically concerned with it as of right now, and I ultimately prefer self-empowerment, such as entrepreneurship or personal investment in standards and whatnot. Perhaps the Information Age and self-actualization will help to remedy this problem as well as other archaic ones.

This is the question posed today:

..I was just discussing this in another thread..most people don't choose their religion--they are brainwashed from childhood to believe whatever their parents believe, who were also brainwashed from childhood

The question is fairly specific.

7.These three make some interesting points on their choice of the Biblical religion, over the totalitarian version, Leftistm

"It is a great irony of communism that those who did not believe in God believed that godlike knowledge could be concentrated at a central point. It was believed that government could be omnipotent and omniscient. And in order to justify the idea that all lives should be determined by a single plan, the concomitant tendency of communist regimes was to deify the leader- whether Lenin, Stalin, Mao, or Kim Il-sung."
Tom Bethell, "The Noblest Triumph," p. 144

And David Mamet:

“The Left says of the Right, “You fools, it is demonstrable that dinosaurs lived one hundred million years ago, I can prove it to you, how can you say the earth was created in 4000BCE?” But this supposed intransigence on the part of the Religious Right is far less detrimental to the health of the body politic than the Left’s love affair with Marxism, Socialism, Racialism, the Command Economy, all of which have been proven via one hundred years of evidence shows only shortages, despotism and murder.”

Dennis Prager writes: “In my lifetime alone, science went from positing a universe that always existed to positing a universe that had a beginning (the Big Bang). So, in jut one generation [the Bible], in describing a beginning to the universe, went from conflicting with science to agreeing with science….[The Bible] should not violate essential truths (for example, it accurately depicts human beings as the last creation).”

Isn't it amazing that science, the supposed enemy of biblical religion, now accepts the very same order of the creation of the universe and of life on earth, as the order described in Genesis????
And this from folks living in a desert, three millennia ago....

Yet....over half of Democrats subscribe to Secular Totalitarianism....
....go figure.

...you dunce.

Let's review..

So....why have you switched to Secular Totalitarianism?

My religious faith died by a thousand cuts culminating with my sweet mother's horrible, slow and painful death. I didn't switch to anything. God is uncaring and his lousy fan clubs are a drag on society.

Forum List

Back