Chris Kyle, Author Of 'American Sniper,' Shot And Killed At Gun Range

Although, I don't subscribe to it's teachings;

The Buddhist philosophy of "Karma" came to mind as I read about this incident........ :cool:

I don't know... What came to my mind first, and foremost was the idea that we don't live in a perfect and safe World, and destroying the Rights of Law abiding citizens is going to do nothing to change that fact.

Yes...the irony is clear...no denying that.
But, we have to realize that he was helping a fellow soldier who was dealing with post traumatic stress syndrome, quite severely, obviously...he most likely freaked out and did not recognize Chris...the soldier most likely saw Chris as the 'enemy' and just pulled the trigger as he was trained to do...we also have to keep in mind that these guys are SOLDIERS...only those who have served and faught, and those civilians close to them, can truly understand the horrors that these men and women have endured and the effects that weigh on them.
Don't blame the gun...blame the mind of the human being that pulled the trigger.

Iraq veteran and ex-US Navy seal Chris Kyle, known as the deadliest sniper in US history, has been shot dead on a Texas shooting range, reports say.

His body was found at Rough Creek Lodge range on Saturday with that of another man. A suspect was arrested.

Mr Kyle, 38, wrote the 2012 bestseller American Sniper, about the psychology of a sniper, in which he said that he had killed more than 250 people.
BBC News - American Sniper author Chris Kyle shot dead in Texas
Chris Kyle - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

RIP CPO

Just one more example of why "more guns" isn't the answer to anything.

Except human overpopulation.

VERY sad and, as usual, utterly senseless.

Just as sad is that it has brought our resident ignorant racists out from under their rocks. Disgusting.

got money from a book about killing people.
Started a military training camp.
And dies from gunshot.

And yes he was a soldier.

Never knew the guy so no personal sympathy from me.
Sorry I am very politically incorrect in that way.

He killed 125 people and you call him a good man?

150... Yes. It was his job to kill the bad guys before they killed many good guys. Verstehen?

The same is true of President Obama but the rw's would rather see Americans killed in a stupid and costly war than see our president kill our sworn enemies.

WHY is that? Because drones kill a very few bystanders that may or may not be enemies.

rw's aren't all that intelligent. Nor are they loyal to their country.

The real problem is that these hero's are repeatedly deployed to the war zone. Unless you've been in a war zone you can't know the stress you are under constantly, and it takes a toll. Some of these guy's are on a 5th or 6th deployment in the last 10yrs. It's too much. If we are going to be involved in constant war we need to make everyone serve and spread around the stress. If all troops are limited to 1 or 2 deployments you'll see a lot less problems. God bless these HERO'S

Meh, a vet who took unsuspecting people out at a great distance from under cover, taken out by a ptsd suffering vet at a range by being shot in the back.

Karma is a bitch.

Forum List

Back