Christian Bake Shop Must Serve Gakes

Anyway....the gay couple COULD have found a GAY bakery by going there to have their cake made. But noooooooooo.
Sorry. I am a fag hag, but in this case....they were in the wrong to insist, then sue.

Its against state law to deny them services based on sexual orientation.

So no they were not in the wrong.

Are you saying that the law is your infallible god and moral compass? If so, you are worse than a scumbag because even scumbags understand that the law can be wrong.

Are you saying you are a bigot? Are you saying we should have second class citizens because of sexual orientation?
That almost makes you as bad as being a racist.

It's really messed up that there are judges think they can force people to do work for others. I could have sworn we faught a civil war to stop that kind of stuff.

Well no the state made it a law..the judge is upholding the law.

Anyone else find the irony in these people like avatar who worship a man yet complain about gay sex?

If anyone is gay its the people calling god lord, worshipping, and devoted solely to him..

How gay

The law is wrong, period.

Neat!

And all that the shop owner did was refuse to make what was asked for which is also well within their state rights.

God bless you and them always!!! :) :) :)

Holly

P.S. I was born in 1982. :) :) :)

The shop owners were not within their states rights to refuse to make the cake and discriminate because of sexual orientation. State law has determined that discrimination is illegal.

State law cannot tell me what my rights are, and everyone has a right not to work for other people if they do not want to. That is actually part of the Constitution of the United States of America, which trumps state law.

Neither slavery nor involuntary servitude, except as a punishment for crime whereof the party shall have been duly convicted, shall exist within the United States, or any place subject to their jurisdiction.

Lol...yeah tell this to a judge. God you would lose so badly.

Which is exactly why the baker should not back down, and everyone should be defending him, not the fascists who are attacking his values.

I keep hearing "religious liberty," but all I can think of is "states rights."

Why is that, I wonder ?

Should Woolworth's have been able to stick to THEIR "values?" And finally, what makes the baker different from Woolworth's?

He's not.

The difference here that you refuse to recognize is that the victims aren't the same, not even close.

Your attempts to conflate a gay couple dragging a homophobic baker through court to force him to bake a cake with systematic and institutionalized racism against black people is intellectually and ethically reprehensible.

You and the plaintiffs should be ashamed of yourselves for what you're doing, not proud.

Not if you actually believe in that coexist bumper sticker on the back of your Subaru. :thup:

Then go cry about it to the state congress who passed said law. While there stop and see mal. Im sure he will give you a gay welcome.

No real man eats cake so let the sissies have it....real men eat PIE. And thanks to Soupy Sales' attorneys, the act of smushing a pie into somebody's face is not, I repeat not, assault.

pie_in_face_2.jpg

What does all this mean? Open a pie store and when a sissy comes in to order a pie you will not make because of your religious or political beliefs, let em have a pie....in the face.
laugh_zpse50e200a.png

If an establishment is open to the public, it is open to all of the public, including those with whom it has a political disagreement.

But....I heard a radio caller provide the best solution.
Tell the folks with whom one disagrees, in this case a gay couple, that you would be happy to accommodate them, but the cost of the cake would be donated to a traditional marriage organization.

A win-win.

Why is that, I wonder ?

Should Woolworth's have been able to stick to THEIR "values?" And finally, what makes the baker different from Woolworth's?

He's not.

The difference here that you refuse to recognize is that the victims aren't the same, not even close.

Your attempts to conflate a gay couple dragging a homophobic baker through court to force him to bake a cake with systematic and institutionalized racism against black people is intellectually and ethically reprehensible.

You and the plaintiffs should be ashamed of yourselves for what you're doing, not proud.

Not if you actually believe in that coexist bumper sticker on the back of your Subaru. :thup:

Then go cry about it to the state congress who passed said law. While there stop and see mal. Im sure he will give you a gay welcome.

How about you go piss on a third rail somewhere.

I already said the law is on the side of the plaintiffs and I'm ok with the law.

I'm merely condemning the plaintiffs for exploiting the law to be intolerant assholes.

Which is exactly why the baker should not back down, and everyone should be defending him, not the fascists who are attacking his values.

Why is that, I wonder ?

He's not.

Apparently the law in the state disagrees with your view. go figure. You ever stop to think the homophobic backer was going for a chic-fil A moment, not realizing the moment was gone?

He's not.

I already said the law is on the side of the plaintiffs and I'm ok with the law.

I'm merely condemning the plaintiffs for exploiting the law to be intolerant assholes.

So using the law makes you an asshole

If an establishment is open to the public, it is open to all of the public, including those with whom it has a political disagreement.

But....I heard a radio caller provide the best solution.
Tell the folks with whom one disagrees, in this case a gay couple, that you would be happy to accommodate them, but the cost of the cake would be donated to a traditional marriage organization.

A win-win.

Don't see any problem with that. I donate money to Leftwing organizations in the name of Hannity all the time.

Its against state law to deny them services based on sexual orientation.

So no they were not in the wrong.

Are you saying that the law is your infallible god and moral compass? If so, you are worse than a scumbag because even scumbags understand that the law can be wrong.

Are you saying you are a bigot? Are you saying we should have second class citizens because of sexual orientation?

Not being able to force someone into performing a service that they clearly do not want to perform does not make someone a second class citizen. When citizenship depends on getting a wedding cake at your command, from whomever you command it, we have more serious problems than second hand citizens. It's the baker who is really the second class citizen because it is the baker that has had his business decisions taken from him by law.

Not being able to force someone into performing a service that they clearly do not want to perform does not make someone a second class citizen. When citizenship depends on getting a wedding cake at your command, from whomever you command it, we have more serious problems than second hand citizens. It's the baker who is really the second class citizen because it is the baker that has had his business decisions taken from him by law.
Same argument made by the people of Nashville when the SNCC students sat at the Woolworths lunch counter.

Apparently the law in the state disagrees with your view. go figure. You ever stop to think the homophobic backer was going for a chic-fil A moment, not realizing the moment was gone?

The "backer" has a FEAR of queers? :lol: You carpet-munchers crack me up using that term, which you clearly don't know the meaning of. Nobody is afraid of you perverts...you disgust us is all. And we have no legal or moral duty to help you justify your vile behavior.

Don't get all pissy with me - you understood the connection and the point perfectly - you just can't fit it into the frame that says people should have the right to discriminate against others based on their sexual orientation.

Yes I do, both problems were created by fascists who are willing to use the law to impose their version of society on others. I will always fight that because it is always wrong.

Those laws came about because of discrimination leading to economic disadvantages - if people are able to deny service based on race then society is stratified based on race, and people are wrongfully denied opportunity - the same goes for ANY discrimination.

The Jim Crow laws came about because fascists had an economic disadvantage? Great, my question is, why do you support giving fascists economic equality?

Whatever idiot parent named their kid Adolph Hitler should never have procreated. Musta been a skinhead.

ya think? :lol:

Being a skinhead is a behavior. If a bakery can discriminate based on this kind of behavior and pretty much everyone agrees that they could, and should, then why not on some other kind of behavior, like being gay.

Because these idiots continue to insist that, since being gay is not a choice, it must be treatable.

So using the law makes you an asshole

sometimes

Forum List

Back