Christian family tried to destroy gay son's future and failed. Good!

Such a lot of hatred for a kid who has had bad parents.
He is lucky that he wasnt a victim in a mass shooting or they would really despise him.
How do you know the parents were bad? Have we heard both sides?
If they were good parents there wouldnt be a story.
There isn’t a story.
Obviously there is because we are all here discussing their shitty parenting.
No, you tards are labelling the parents based on very little info because you hate people who stand up for their moral and religious beliefs.....when they are Christian.

Well where are they ?
It doesn’t matter, they don’t owe any body any explanation
People who turn their back on their kids are perverse. It doesnt matter how old they are they are still your children. Its the one constant in a changing world. I do feel for this young man. 18 is a very young age to be an orphan. I hope that his parents wake up to their mistake and try to make it up to him.
18 is a young age to be an orphan? Please. You don’t know they turned their back on him. They didn’t pay for his college reportedly because he was gay. Again we don’t know the truth to that. If they didn’t pay his college, it’s no big deal half of all kids parents didn’t pay for their college, big deal. My parents didn’t pay for mine. At the end of the day, it’s a family matter and none of our business. No one was hurt. End of story. Period.
Some families support each other and some dont.I think you are confusing two seperate issues. There is a difference between families who cant afford to support and those who choose not to. I just think that its very sad in this instance.I dont know how this would have affected me, but I was lucky with my parents who were proper parents.
You are the one that is confused. You are basing your entire premise on one side of the story. My parents could afford it. They didn’t pay, it’s their prerogative . No harm done. I figured out how to pay for it and I’m fine. By the way this kid got his college payed for as well. Possibly by lying and misrepresentation. The parents have every right to stay quiet. Maybe they are protecting this kid from being exposed for extortion.
I think they are right to stay silent. Bigotry is so ugly.

People who turn their back on their kids are perverse. It doesnt matter how old they are they are still your children. Its the one constant in a changing world. I do feel for this young man. 18 is a very young age to be an orphan. I hope that his parents wake up to their mistake and try to make it up to him.
18 is a young age to be an orphan? Please. You don’t know they turned their back on him. They didn’t pay for his college reportedly because he was gay. Again we don’t know the truth to that. If they didn’t pay his college, it’s no big deal half of all kids parents didn’t pay for their college, big deal. My parents didn’t pay for mine. At the end of the day, it’s a family matter and none of our business. No one was hurt. End of story. Period.
Some families support each other and some dont.I think you are confusing two seperate issues. There is a difference between families who cant afford to support and those who choose not to. I just think that its very sad in this instance.I dont know how this would have affected me, but I was lucky with my parents who were proper parents.
You are the one that is confused. You are basing your entire premise on one side of the story. My parents could afford it. They didn’t pay, it’s their prerogative . No harm done. I figured out how to pay for it and I’m fine. By the way this kid got his college payed for as well. Possibly by lying and misrepresentation. The parents have every right to stay quiet. Maybe they are protecting this kid from being exposed for extortion.
Maybe they think it’s none of your business.
Your bigotry against them is certainly very ugly.

He is lucky that he wasnt a victim in a mass shooting or they would really despise him.

Prove his parents are bad, you only have his say so. Do you just the word of any person just because?

Again, prove the parents were bigots? Come on, let’s see you back your statement up.

“Either go to church or you can move out," Owen quoted his parents telling him.

Gay teen living on his own, struggling to get to college

The father:

"I made clear we are not kicking him out, but we worship as a family. He’s allowed to live here as long as he worships the same way we worship."

This Florida valedictorian was kicked out of his house for being gay. Donors gave him $114,000 for college.

Nothing to do with being gay, which the parents knew about since his sophomore year.
All the young man had to do was attend the church where his parents work until he left home for uni.

He didn’t want to live by his parents rules under their roof, so he moved out.

Again, this is a non story and wouldn’t have made the news if the guy was straight. It’s all part of the LGBTQxyz agenda to paint themselves as perpetual victims.

Really? We know this how? Because the kid said so? How many times have people lied? I love how you want to condem based on one side of the story because it’s something you want to believe.
Well where are they ?
Caving into political correctness is for pussies....

As you assume. I’m glad you have the power to judge people based on one sided information. Hopefully you are never in a jury.

Really? We know this how? Because the kid said so? How many times have people lied? I love how you want to condem based on one side of the story because it’s something you want to believe.
Well where are they ?
It’s a pity you’ve NEVER ever expressed this degree of empathy (not even close) for the children (actual children as young as 10) who are drugged, trafficked and raped by the U.K. muslim paedo gangs. But hardly surprising.

And you do know that a great many young adults leave home at 18, don’t you?

He chose to leave rather than attend church until he left home for uni.
It’s hardly a tragedy, nor is he an orphan, ’very young’ or otherwise, you fat twat!

His uni is being paid for as he decided to publicise his disagreement with his parents and paint himself as a victim. He has trashed his parents and got his uni paid for as a result. He’s fine!

The whole story will eventually emerge and we will find out this kid is full of shit. All the people that have money to him will be pissed.

This the problem with religion. It drives people to abandoning their own offspring.
Have you heard the parents side? No. You want to take up this kids cause without knowing the full story. There is more to this, trust me.
Trust you?? :iyfyus.jpg::haha::iyfyus.jpg::iyfyus.jpg:
I’m not going to trust you. You have condemned someone without knowing the complete story or all the facts. Your little cartoon helps to prove that your mind isn’t capable of rational thought. If you need cartoons to get your point across, you already lost the discussion. You and all the other morons on here got sucked in to a loaded headline, reacted accordingly and have shown that you lack objectivity.

Numerous news outlets have reported that his parents tried to force him into gay conversion therapy . Such "therapy is dangerous and condemned by all reputable mental heal professional organization. It often results is depression, anxiety, crushing guilt and suicide. That is all we need to know. It's the parents who are not capable of rational thought...….as well as you :1peleas::1peleas::1peleas:
Again with the cartoons. I will humor you even though you appear to be 12. Please post the links which show he went to therapy and for what. Post reputable links that say Said therapy is harmful.

------------------------------------------------ she's a bossy female i guess but Christian Parents should and can do as they like Lysis .

Look, these (laughably "Christian") Southern Baptist parents mentally abused and then abandoned their child and they are getting away with it. At least this talented young man is experiencing wide-ranging support that will help him through his college years and will show him that all human beings are not like his parents.
----------------------------- wide ranging support by people like other pervert supporters Missy . Must be annoying to you that the parents can freely do as they like regarding their disowned son Lysis .

What I am saying is that his inadequate parents failed him due to their ignorance and the ignorance of the Southern Baptist cult and are now keeping a very low profile.

Don't call me "Missy," little boy. Just who do you think you are? I've probably been around twice as long as you have.
You have no idea if the parents were inadequate.

I do from their actions.
You don’t know what their actions were. So..... you are full of shit!

There isn’t a story.
No, you tards are labelling the parents based on very little info because you hate people who stand up for their moral and religious beliefs.....when they are Christian.

Please do not refer to these "parents" as Christians. They are members of just one specific sect, Southern Baptist. They absolutely do not represent anyone else but their sect.

It's his teachers who stood up for him, publicized his plight, and raised the money. His Holy Daddy and Holly Mommy failed him. May they live with their disgrace.

There isn’t a story.

Please do not refer to these "parents" as Christians. They are members of just one specific sect, Southern Baptist. They absolutely do not represent anyone else but their sect.

It's his teachers who stood up for him, publicized his plight, and raised the money. His Holy Daddy and Holly Mommy failed him. May they live with their disgrace.
Bull shit.

There isn’t a story.

Bull shit.

At least these people's actions have been exposed publicly.

There isn’t a story.

Bull shit.

No they haven’t. You have a one sided attack. You are ignorant enough to accept it.

Bull shit.

No they haven’t. You have a one sided attack. You are ignorant enough to accept it.

They are still in hiding.

Forum List

Back