Christian Man Asks Thirteen Gay Bakeries To Bake Him Traditional Marriage Cake; Turned Down By All

What does our Constitution say? It says, via the Tenth Amendment, that the States and the People of those states should decide what they want to do about gay marriage without any interference from the federal government.

The 14th Amendment provides that everyone is equal under the law.

I can't speak for them, I can only speak for myself. By the way, the very same argument can be made about the right.

The difference is Liberal judges incorrectly overturn things going beyond what they can do.

You think everyone of those judges that rules against gay marriage bans are liberal? Oh brother.

I'm not your damn brother. My brother is an honorable Conservative not a piece of shit like you.

Is that all you got? Insults? Quite a shame you didn't learn anything from your brother.

It's not an insult to call a piece of shit like you a piece of shit. Shame you don't know the difference between an insult and character identification.

I have noticed with some Conservatives it is like they have a written form of Tourette's Syndrome- they just can't post without swearing.

Or maybe its just a very limited vocabulary.

It is wedged right next to the right to privacy and the right to bake a cake. Have you not read the Constitution lately?
um No! For example, the Constitution does not say it is against the law to rob a bank. The Constitution does not say it is against the law to murder your neighbor. The Constitution does not say it is against the law to sell or use drugs. It does not say anyone has to believe in God or be a Christian. It does not say anything about gay marriage, nor does the Bill of Rights.
The constitution applies equally to all citizens. Marriage equality is a matter of access to contract law. Such access should never be infringed.
Could you show me where in the constitution is says that PERVERTED BUTT FUCKING FAGGOTS have the right to BASTARDIZE TRADITIONAL CHRISTIAN MARRIAGE?
Marriage is a contract in the eyes of the state. It is a contract that establishes a 'blood relationship' between two adults who do not already have such a relationship. The marriage contract brings with it certain benefits and protections not afforded to other contracts.

Two sober, committed, law abiding citizens who are of the age of majority should have access to these benefits and protections without jumping through the hoops some might impose.

There is not threat to the marriages of others. There is no threat to the institution of marriage.

Denying homosexuals these protections should, at least, show cause to why such freedoms should not be extended at least and that denial should be illegal at best.

Now, you specifically cited Christian marriage. Where in the constitution does it say Christian anything? Do you believe that those who are not Christians should be denied a marriage license as well?

off topic
Hardly. Discrimination is denial of rights.

You cannot refute my post, so you think it's appropriate to call it off topic. A harbor for small thinking.

The difference is Liberal judges incorrectly overturn things going beyond what they can do.

You think everyone of those judges that rules against gay marriage bans are liberal? Oh brother.

I'm not your damn brother. My brother is an honorable Conservative not a piece of shit like you.

Is that all you got? Insults? Quite a shame you didn't learn anything from your brother.

It's not an insult to call a piece of shit like you a piece of shit. Shame you don't know the difference between an insult and character identification.

I have noticed with some Conservatives it is like they have a written form of Tourette's Syndrome- they just can't post without swearing.

Or maybe its just a very limited vocabulary.

or maybe ,it's a habit. Military , at least the old school military, curses a lot.

At least that's my explanation

The will of the people is irrelevant if it violates the Constitution . Still smarting over the Brown and Loving decisions?
Where in the Constitution does it mention gay marriage and morality?

It is wedged right next to the right to privacy and the right to bake a cake. Have you not read the Constitution lately?
um No! For example, the Constitution does not say it is against the law to rob a bank. The Constitution does not say it is against the law to murder your neighbor. The Constitution does not say it is against the law to sell or use drugs. It does not say anyone has to believe in God or be a Christian. It does not say anything about gay marriage, nor does the Bill of Rights.
The constitution applies equally to all citizens. Marriage equality is a matter of access to contract law. Such access should never be infringed.
Could you show me where in the constitution is says that PERVERTED BUTT FUCKING FAGGOTS have the right to BASTARDIZE TRADITIONAL CHRISTIAN MARRIAGE?

Same place it says that perverted butt fucking Christians have a right to bastardize traditional marriage.

Marriage is a contract in the eyes of the state. It is a contract that establishes a 'blood relationship' between two adults who do not already have such a relationship. The marriage contract brings with it certain benefits and protections not afforded to other contracts.

Two sober, committed, law abiding citizens who are of the age of majority should have access to these benefits and protections without jumping through the hoops some might impose.

There is not threat to the marriages of others. There is no threat to the institution of marriage.

Denying homosexuals these protections should, at least, show cause to why such freedoms should not be extended at least and that denial should be illegal at best.

Now, you specifically cited Christian marriage. Where in the constitution does it say Christian anything? Do you believe that those who are not Christians should be denied a marriage license as well?

off topic
Hardly. Discrimination is denial of rights.

You cannot refute my post, so you think it's appropriate to call it off topic. A harbor for small thinking.

oh please show me where in the COTUS you are guaranteed your rights will be protected from being violated by anyone other than the government.

Doesn't it strike you as the least bit odd that a private business can

1. Tell you to keep your mouth shut in their business and or keep your religion out of their business
2. Keep your guns out of their business

but oh no can't refuse to do business with you for 3 or 4 specific reasons.......

If you believed any of what you just wrote, and hated Christianity with the same zeal that your progressive brethren do, then you would all be satisfied with Civil Unions that carried the same legal rights as religious marriages.

No, this is about bastardizing, ruining, smearing, demeaning and tarnishing something, i.e., Christian marriage, the same as you leftists do with anything that you feel stands in the way of advancing your agenda.

Same place it says that perverted butt fucking Christians have a right to bastardize traditional marriage.
Exactly, NOWHERE.

Look folks, gay marriage is not a political freedom issue. Likewise, the federal government has not been granted the power to impose itself upon any state policy regarding murder, robbery, drugs, or any other issue of moral law.Therefore the Bill of Rights was written to protect the states’ and the people’s political freedom from a federal government, and the Bill of Rights is not a moral values document, especially when it comes to immoral gay marriage.

What does our Constitution say? It says, via the Tenth Amendment, that the States and the People of those states should decide what they want to do about gay marriage without any interference from the federal government.

The Constitution says that citizens should be treated equally under the law and that everyone is entitled to due process- and that the Constitution applies to States.

Marriage has been identified as an American right repeatedly by the Supreme Court- states can't deny marriage to men just because they owe child support, and they can't deny marriage to mixed race couples, and they can't deny marriage to prisoners.

What same gender couples have been successfully arguing is that their right to marriage is protected by the same right to marriage, under equal treatment under the law and due process.

Looks like Steve McFuckface didn't actually read the link he posted.

The dude didn't ask for "pro-traditional-marriage" cakes. He specifically asked them to write:

"gay marriage is wrong"

on the cakes.

That is a huge difference.

Now, just for a second, try to be reasonable and actually think about that.

Has anyone here ever, ever, ever gone to a wedding (I assume, a straight wedding) and seen on the wedding cake:

"gay marriage is wrong"

????

Hint: if you are straight, as most all of us are, and you are marrying, the last thing you are thinking about on your wedding day is "gay marriage is wrong". If you are, then something is seriously, and I mean, seriously wrong with you.

Not only that, the first shop the guy called was not even a gay bakery, it was a gay cookie shop, so the product he was asking for, they don't even sell. I mean, how stupid can you get? She even told the doofus TWICE that they don't make cakes. This is just rich. Maybe next time he could call a gay car battery shop and ask them to bake an "I hate gays" cake and see what response he gets.

I know this is a hot-button issue, but really, can't religious conservatives do better than this?

How do you think a black owned bakery would respond were that same guy to call and ask for a cake that says:

"KKK forever"?

I bet that that black bakery (if one even exists, I am not sure of that at all) would probably say no. That being said:

Just for the record, I don't think that "christian" bakeries should have to bake cakes for gay weddings. I think that gay people are also definitely going about this the wrong way. The free market should control here, and if those "christians" are so stupid as to let a good business opportunity go by them and they lose money or go out of business, well then, that's their problem. Yeshuah said to his followers that they are "in this world but not of this world", but nowhere did he say that Christians cannot do business with people who are not as they are. Gee, Christians, this is one helluva way to "witness" to people who are not as you would wish for them to be.

Not only that, I bet top dollar that gay people do not go into a "christian" bakery and ask for

"straight marriage is wrong"

to be put on their wedding cake.

Derideo_Te Mertex Pogo Wolfsister77 LoneLaugher Carla_Danger Nyvin AceRothstein BULLDOG Dana7360 Grandma jillian JoeB131 Luddly Neddite mdk Nosmo King Plasmaball rightwinger Science*Good Vandalshandle Wry Catcher Howey

Maybe you good folks might want to add some to this discussion. This could get fun.

Let the right-wing Umbragefest begin!!!

Sorry....apparently you cannot refuse to make cakes for anyone....so these bakeries need to be sued out of existence.....

Uhh, that's not what I said. Is reading and comprehension a problem for you?

Look folks, marriage is not a political freedom issue. Likewise, the federal government has not been granted the power to impose itself upon any state policy regarding murder, robbery, drugs, or any other issue of moral law.

Therefore:

The Bill of Rights was written to protect the states’ and the people’s political freedom from a federal government, and the Bill of Rights is not a moral values document.”

And the 14th Amendment was written in part to ensure that American's Constitutional rights are protected at the state level- that we the people are protected not just from the Federal government but also the state government.

The Constitution says that citizens should be treated equally under the law and that everyone is entitled to due process- and that the Constitution applies to States.

Marriage has been identified as an American right repeatedly by the Supreme Court- states can't deny marriage to men just because they owe child support, and they can't deny marriage to mixed race couples, and they can't deny marriage to prisoners.

What same gender couples have been successfully arguing is that their right to marriage is protected by the same right to marriage, under equal treatment under the law and due process.
Then marry your pet pig.

These cocksuckers are forcing the laws and courts to do things their way or they will out a lot of Republicans and Dems in red state areas.

So the Republicans cant or wont do anything to keep the majority on equal legal footing with all the leftwing butt-fuckers that demand they get favoritism.

Anyone with any honesty or common sense knows that 'Civil Rights' has been code for 'fucking over white men' for the last 40 years.
It's only been code for that demographic group of white losers who can't compete on a somewhat leveled playing field....

Aaahhh....the good ole' boys long for days gone by.

19250809_Klan_March_on_Washington_version1.jpg

You are a fake black man. Cause I know for a fact that the hood does not tolerate fagbehavior. If you deny that, then you have no clue what YOUR PEEPS in the hood are all about.

LOL at your ignorance of your own peeps.

What, did you grow up in Hawaii and go to private schools all your life too?

Your behavior in USMB is nothing less than bizarre.

Do they give you lots of breaks at the Sanitarium?

Exactly, NOWHERE.

Exactly- we all have the right to marriage- regardless of who is butt fucking who.

Loving v Virginia

"The freedom to marry has long been recognized as one of the vital personal rights essential to the orderly pursuit of happiness by free men."

"Marriage is one of the 'basic civil rights of man,' fundamental to our very existence and survival."

Maynard v. Hill,125 U. S. 190(1888), the Court characterized marriage as "the most important relation in life,"id.at125 U. S. 205, and as "the foundation of the family and of society, without which there would be neither civilization nor progress,"

InMeyer v. Nebraska,262 U. S. 390(1923), the Court recognized that the right "to marry, establish a home and bring up children" is a central part of the liberty protected by the Due Process Clause,

InGriswold v. Connecticut,381 U. S. 479(1965), the Court observed:

"We deal with a right of privacy older than the Bill of Rights -- older than our political parties, older than our school system. Marriage is a coming together for better or for worse, hopefully enduring, and intimate to the degree of being sacred. It is an association that promotes a way of life, not causes; a harmony in living, not political faiths; a bilateral loyalty, not commercial or social projects. Yet it is an association for as noble a purpose as any involved in our prior decisions."

Carey v. Population Services International,431 U. S. 678(1977)

"While the outer limits of [the right of personal privacy] have not been marked by the Court, it is clear that among the decisions that an individual may make without unjustified government interference are personal decisions 'relating to marriage,

Cleveland Board of Education v. LaFleur

"This Court has long recognized that freedom of personal choice in matters of marriage and family life is one of the liberties protected by the Due Process Clause of the Fourteenth Amendment"

Zablocki

"The statutory classification at issue here, however, clearly does interfere directly and substantially with the right to marry."

Then marry your pet pig.

Once again- a Conservative who can't tell the difference between consenting adults and pork.

I can't speak for them, I can only speak for myself. By the way, the very same argument can be made about the right.

Hey, little buddy, are you mad? Why, yes, you are mad!!

Unless it's a Liberal agenda idea then it's OK when it's done. What you're saying is we are a Republic when those on the right vote for something and a democracy when the left wants to do something. Hypocrites.

That is not what I am saying in the least but if it makes you feel better to rail against a position I've never taken then have at it mate.

It's what I said. Your statement was that the will of the people can't override the Constitution. I said you believe that until it's something that you believe fits the definition.
Bullshit. The will of the people is meaningless if it violates the Constitution. It was the will of the people, via their elected representatives, in DC to impose burdensome and idiotic restrictions on guns. It was justly found unconstitutional.

When the left goes against the will of the people, the justification is they are looking out for and know what's best for the rest of us.
Not really, more truthfully they're saying: "if you disagree with us, we will shut you up and MAKE you accept whatever we want."

You need to scream a little louder, your whiny voice is simply not cutting through.

Uhh, that's not what I said. Is reading and comprehension a problem for you?

Sorry, I stopped reading that drivel you posted about a 1/4 of the way in.....wasn't worth the time......

The will of the people is irrelevant if it violates the Constitution . Still smarting over the Brown and Loving decisions?

Where does it say in the Consitution that marriage is an exclusively Christian thing?

Forum List

Back