Chuck Schumer says Republicans must abandon wall in order to reopen government

Why on earth would Democrats give in to Trumps strong arming?

Give in this year on the wall, what will Trump shut down Government over next time?

Its known as bipartisanship and compromise, rw.

Chuck and Nancy don't have the votes to override the President's veto. The power to end the shutdown is in their hands.

Trumps shutdown......remember?

It is definitely Trump's shutdown, but the power to end it is with the Far Left.
The power to end it is the same place it started

Mexico can end the shutdown tomorrow.

Why won’t they?

Why do Democrats want OPEN BORDERS, Amnesty, and a much less secure United States? Why are they OK with putting American citizens at more risk to crime, terror, drugs, gangs, etc., and why are they OK with the financial drain on taxpayers that Illegal Aliens pose?
There is no express wall building power. We subscribe to capitalism. We should have no illegal problem.

What America really needs is COMPREHENSIVE immigration reform.

Congress should get together to make sure that foreign countries do indeed send us their very best. I refuse to believe that Hispanic men like Zarate who slaughtered Kate Steinle was the best his country had.

Why on earth would Democrats give in to Trumps strong arming?

Give in this year on the wall, what will Trump shut down Government over next time?

Its known as bipartisanship and compromise, rw.

Chuck and Nancy don't have the votes to override the President's veto. The power to end the shutdown is in their hands.

Trumps shutdown......remember?

It is definitely Trump's shutdown, but the power to end it is with the Far Left.
The power to end it is the same place it started

President Trump is committed to border security, he isn't going to waiver on this. So, no , he doesn't have the power to end it until Chuck and Nancy negotiate and act in a bipartisan manner.

Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer said Republicans need to “abandon” border wall funding if they want the government to reopen, just less than 24 hours into the partial shutdown.
Chuck Schumer Says Republicans Must ‘Abandon’ Wall In Order To Reopen Government
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This ought to be good we can be sure cowardly Schumer omg the blame will be laid upon Trump for his sheep.
Democrats NEVER "compromise." To a Democrat, compromise means Republicans cave. Good thing Trump isn't an ordinary Republican.

Congress should get together to make sure that foreign countries do indeed send us their very best. I refuse to believe that Hispanic men like Zarate who slaughtered Kate Steinle was the best his country had.
What exactly does that mean. Lay it out!

48417095_1164842203672544_7091969150137925632_n.jpg

What I'm thinking is that anyone who wants to immigrate to America should present documentation that they are the creme de la creme.

Send their resume, bank statements, etc. into ICE- see if they are a good fit.

Maybe have US embassy staff interview them, see what their plans are once they get here. See what their knowledge of America is like, their fluency in English, etc.

The United States does need immigrants, but we need them at a top level, folks that are willing to invest and buy into our venture here.

What I'm thinking is that anyone who wants to immigrate to America should present documentation that they are the creme de la creme.

Send their resume, bank statements, etc. into ICE- see if they are a good fit.

Maybe have US embassy staff interview them, see what their plans are once they get here. See what their knowledge of America is like, their fluency in English, etc.

The United States does need immigrants, but we need them at a top level, folks that are willing to invest and buy into our venture here.
There is more to it than economics. We "need" immigrants because our government has failed its people. Personally, I think we "need" very few. What we need is to force people to go to work. I don't care if our government adopts an army mindset and requires able-bodied, but lazy-ass men and women to spend 8 hours digging a hole 6'x6'x6' to bury a cigarette butt, then dig it up and bury it somewhere else. THEY NEED TO BE DOING SOMETHING if they expect to eat.

Then watch how quickly they get ANY sort of training to get ANY OTHER REAL JOB.

Virtually ALL immigration should end for several decades. The ones we have now refuse to assimilate. I doubt they ever will.

Slaughter?

Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer said Republicans need to “abandon” border wall funding if they want the government to reopen, just less than 24 hours into the partial shutdown.
Chuck Schumer Says Republicans Must ‘Abandon’ Wall In Order To Reopen Government
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This ought to be good we can be sure cowardly Schumer omg the blame will be laid upon Trump for his sheep.
Democrats NEVER "compromise." To a Democrat, compromise means Republicans cave. Good thing Trump isn't an ordinary Republican.

The Democrats did cave in regards to their shut down over DACA earlier this year. More or less think they see it as Trump's turn.

The government doesn't need reopening.

How long do you realistically expect the Border Patrol to remain on the job without being paid?
The 88% of all DHS employees who must remain on the job are part of about 420,000 federal workers also forced to perform their duties at agencies for whom no budget or stopgap measure has been approved.

Good question. Chuck and Nancy intransigence may force the President to close the border entirely and move military forces to the frontier.

So what's wrong with that? He's offering Trump a deal. Isn't that what negotiation is about?

Forum List

Back