Cigarette Tax’s Unintended Consequences That EVERYBODY Saw Coming – Except Libs

Means even communist and dictatorship countries have more freedom of smoking than Americans have.
America the 1st country ever to have freedom from government is now less free because the left think that they should tell the people what they can and can't do.

that really says something
Yes...because telling people they can't blow their filth in other peoples faces is a commie plot

That's not a Commie plot, but government telling private business owners what they are allowed to permit their customers to do sure is.
It was not customer comfort or concern that brought about smoking bans at business establishments. It was about employee health and safety. Employees, including those in a bar, were being required to inhale second-hand smoke and suffer from it's harmful health effects.

Then you should take it into consideration when you accept the job or not.
It doesn't work that way. Employers don't get to pick and choose which safety regulations they will adhere to.

Means even communist and dictatorship countries have more freedom of smoking than Americans have.
America the 1st country ever to have freedom from government is now less free because the left think that they should tell the people what they can and can't do.

Yes...because telling people they can't blow their filth in other peoples faces is a commie plot

That's not a Commie plot, but government telling private business owners what they are allowed to permit their customers to do sure is.
It was not customer comfort or concern that brought about smoking bans at business establishments. It was about employee health and safety. Employees, including those in a bar, were being required to inhale second-hand smoke and suffer from it's harmful health effects.

Which was a lie.
How is that a lie? Are you suggesting that second hand smoke is not harmful?

It doesn't work that way. Employers don't get to pick and choose which safety regulations they will adhere to.

It has nothing to do with safety, it has to do with control freaks wanting life to be rosy around them all hours of the day and expect government to make that provision for them even if it means violating private property rights.

Last edited:

They told the same thing to coal miners and black lung

It has nothing to do with safety, it has to do with control freaks wanting life to be nosey around them all hours of the day and expect government to make that provision for them even if it means violating private property rights.
It has everything to do with health and safety. Courts hearing lawsuits and insurance companies simply refused to be bullied by stupid people who insisted on staying stupid about second-hand smoke.

Which was a lie.

Yes
Too many people and children were around people in the 40 and 50's that was around 2nd hand smoke who have never gotten cancer so far and they are now in their 60 and 70's cancer free.
In fact quite a few people who smoked all their lives lived to be in their 80's and 90's.
People are still getting lung cancer who have never smoked nor have ever been around 2nd hand smoke.
Maybe we all should wait till they find out what really causes cancer, rather than blaming everything and anything on it.

Which was a lie.

Yes
Too many people and children were around people in the 40 and 50's that was around 2nd hand smoke who have never gotten cancer so far and they are now in their 60 and 70's cancer free.
In fact quite a few people who smoked all their lives lived to be in their 80's and 90's.
People are still getting lung cancer who have never smoked nor have ever been around 2nd hand smoke.
Maybe we all should wait till they find out what really causes cancer, rather than blaming everything and anything on it.

That reminds me of Christopher Reeves wife who died of lung cancer and she nor her husband smoked cigarettes.

It has nothing to do with safety, it has to do with control freaks wanting life to be nosey around them all hours of the day and expect government to make that provision for them even if it means violating private property rights.
It has everything to do with health and safety. Courts hearing lawsuits and insurance companies simply refused to be bullied by stupid people who insisted on staying stupid about second-hand smoke.

Second hand smoke is made up BS. If second hand smoke were so toxic, a cigarette smoker would die after three puffs of a cigarette.

I have to take drug tests for work, so one time I asked the doctor about second hand marijuana smoke since some of my friends did smoke pot when I'm at their home. He told me there was no way to detect Marijuana in the system from second hand pot smoke. It's simply too weak and others have tried to use that excuse in the past, and it's been medically proven it can't happen.

Marijuana can stay in a pot smokers system for close to 30 days after their last puff. But even as strong as it is, second hand smoke can't be detected through any means of drug testing including hair samples.

Which was a lie.

Yes
Too funny

Still claiming we need more evidence that smoking causes cancer

Which was a lie.

Yes
Cancer is not the only disease or health problem caused by tobacco smoke. It causes asthma too, and high blood pressure and upper respiratory infections.
Your suggestion that we use the masses for guinea pigs is offensive to say the least. Just because you don't believe in common sense and science doesn't mean the rest of us have to adhere to that stupidity.

Last edited:

Which was a lie.

Yes

That reminds me of Christopher Reeves wife who died of lung cancer and she nor her husband smoked cigarettes.
Who ever said it was the ONLY cause of lung cancer?

You are usually not that dumb in what you post

Second hand smoke is made up BS. If second hand smoke were so toxic, a cigarette smoker would die after three puffs of a cigarette.

I have to take drug tests for work, so one time I asked the doctor about second hand marijuana smoke since some of my friends did smoke pot when I'm at their home. He told me there was no way to detect Marijuana in the system from second hand pot smoke. It's simply too weak and others have tried to use that excuse in the past, and it's been medically proven it can't happen.

Marijuana can stay in a pot smokers system for close to 30 days after their last puff. But even as strong as it is, second hand smoke can't be detected through any means of drug testing including hair samples.
Why do non-smokers cough when they inhale second-hand smoke. I have given plenty of drug test. Never had one administered by a doctor. Always a technician. Not even a doctor on the premises or in the facility. If that was a doctor giving you advice, it was bad advice.

Which was a lie.

Yes
Cancer is not the only disease or health problem caused by tobacco smoke. It causes asthma too, and high blood pressure and upper respiratory infections.
Your suggestion that we use the masses for guinea pigs is offensive to say the least. Just because you don't believe in common sense and science doesn't mean the rest of us have to adhere to that stupidity.

Where did I ever suggest that we use the masses for guinea pigs?
It is common sense to question the motives of those who want to control us.

Why do non-smokers cough when they inhale second-hand smoke. I have given plenty of drug test. Never had one administered by a doctor. Always a technician. Not even a doctor on the premises or in the facility. If that was a doctor giving you advice, it was bad advice.

We have our drug screens done at a clinic and I see this doctor all the time when I go in there. We have to use government approved places to take our drug test since it's the government that mandates it.

Good to hear that you know more about this than a doctor.

Which was a lie.

Yes

Who ever said it was the ONLY cause of lung cancer?

You are usually not that dumb in what you post

Then try following the conversation and maybe my comments will make more sense to you.

I live in a retirement community. There are no smokers, and a few vapers. It is easy to spot the former smokers. They carry their own oxygen to the bridge table. Wait. I just remembered that there is one smoker that I know. She has brain and lung cancer, and has been told to get her will in order. Ironically, she still smokes. I guess that there is no point in her quitting now.
If I turn 99' I am going to take up smoking again. :)

NY just gets beat on taxes. People go to PA and buy them cheap. People buy from indian reservations. People buy black market which has gotten huge in NY. since internet sales of ammunition have been banned in NY the black market for that has boomed too. NY loses in sales, thats about it. people still get their stuff
. Liberals are convinced taxing will get you more of whatever you tax.

Like telling 17 year old customers that they cannot drink. Like telling customers they cannot patronize a business that is not up to fire or health codes.

Damned nanny state

No, it's not the same thing.

Drinking underage is against the law no matter where it takes place. Fire and health violations are not obvious to anybody therefore somebody needs to control those hidden dangers.

If you go into a bar, nobody is surprised when they see people smoking. It's not a hidden danger. Cigarette smoke can be detected instantly. Then unlike hidden dangers such as food poisoning and fire hazards, a customer has the choice of whether they wish to stay in the establishment or not.

Lots of businesses don't WANT to allow smoking on their premises. That's up to them, since it's their business, and it's up to me to decide if I want to frequent them.

Likewise, it should be up to the business if they want to allow smoking, and up to the patrons whether or not they want to be around it. It's not like it's not obvious the instant you walk in the door. Just freaking go somewhere else.

I personally choose not to eat at restaurants that will not allow smoking and vaping even on their patios. Be serious. Your patio is four feet from a parking lot, sometimes four feet from a roadway, and you're worried about air quality? Really? I don't do business with idiots.

This being Tucson, many businesses allow vaping indoors, although smoking is still out because of the law. Those businesses are my preferred choices.

Like telling 17 year old customers that they cannot drink. Like telling customers they cannot patronize a business that is not up to fire or health codes.

Damned nanny state

Drinking underage is against the law no matter where it takes place. Fire and health violations are not obvious to anybody therefore somebody needs to control those hidden dangers.

If you go into a bar, nobody is surprised when they see people smoking. It's not a hidden danger. Cigarette smoke can be detected instantly. Then unlike hidden dangers such as food poisoning and fire hazards, a customer has the choice of whether they wish to stay in the establishment or not.

Lots of businesses don't WANT to allow smoking on their premises. That's up to them, since it's their business, and it's up to me to decide if I want to frequent them.

Likewise, it should be up to the business if they want to allow smoking, and up to the patrons whether or not they want to be around it. It's not like it's not obvious the instant you walk in the door. Just freaking go somewhere else.

I personally choose not to eat at restaurants that will not allow smoking and vaping even on their patios. Be serious. Your patio is four feet from a parking lot, sometimes four feet from a roadway, and you're worried about air quality? Really? I don't do business with idiots.

This being Tucson, many businesses allow vaping indoors, although smoking is still out because of the law. Those businesses are my preferred choices.
Just freaking go somewhere else...

Exactly what smokers have been told

Damned nanny state

Howdy fellow Arizonan!
I am from Benson.
I totally agree with you. :)

Forum List

Back