Citizens open fire on Cleveland Police

Sure it was. That is why he will be charged.

Being charged =/= being guilty of a crime.

Unless you're a LEO I suppose.
You said it was not "abuse". You did not say it was not a crime and I did not say he was guilty of a crime. Seems from the video that he is. But, either way, guilty or not, he abused his authority and should never work as a cop again. No need to drive up two feet away from him; no need to put yourself in such close proximity to him with nothing between you and him that your only option is you perceptive a threat is to shoot to kill.

What if they dont pull up close....and he runs? Now an armed guy running through the community waving a gun at people.

Cops confront bad guys w guns. Sorry if it hurts your feelings.
He was child playing with a toy gun. Why you care so little about the life of this black child is beyond understanding.
Genius.....The kid removed the orange tip which signifies "toy"....BTW,m this is common among youths./ They think the absence of the orange ring makes the toy gun look cool.
According to the video from the police car, the police ordered the kid to drop the weapon several times. The kid refused to comply. He pointed the weapon at the police officer.
You are really screwing yourself here.
The video first not show that he ordered him to drop the gun several times. You just lie willfully to try to make your point.

As if you have any fucking clue what Due Process of law requires.

You obviously do not if you believe being killed OUTSIDE the system has anything to do with due process.

Denied due process would imply being sentenced without benefit of a trial.

Sort of how you are trying to do to police around the country .

Moron
State and federal laws make it a crime for a person, under color of state authority, to deny another citizen their life, liberty or property without due process of law. It is also the basis for a civil action seeking damages. Only a moron would not be aware of one of the largest bodies of federal law in existence.

of course that's true, which has nothing to do with police officers having the same right to defend themselves as citizens have.

Why would they even be issued guns if it were illegal for them to use them stupid?
How, exactly, was Freddie Gray threatening the officers when his neck was broken? Are you suggesting that they were acting in self defense when he died? You do realize that is what we discussing, right? And police officers have a greater right to use force than citizens have. They have a greater responsibility as well, given that authority.
So you have seen all the evidence? You were present for the autopsy?
You blather on and on about due process, yet in your mind the cops are guilty. Skip the trial, right?
Can you fucking read? Nowhere in that comment is there any claim that they are guilty. Your idiot buddy suggested that the officers acted in self defense. Do you think that as well? You really need to sober up before you post.

"Everyone should be held accountable and forced to obey all laws, and that includes members of law enforcement." That is, really, the only thing that needs to be said.
Ya cause charging 3 cops for arresting a guy that broke the law and later died under someone else's care is justice right?
Justice is not the result, it is the process. Those officers will have justice. It may mean they are acquitted; it may mean they are convicted. Whatever happens to them will happen after a process where their rights will be scrupulously protected. Freddie Gray did not have justice. There was no process that was completed before what happened to him happened to him. He was denied due process.

He was not.
And of course you and your Harvard law degree will now educate us....
I await your next syllable with great expectation.
Not Harvard. And you are not capable of being educated. Why do educated people intimidate you? Perhaps if you choose to comment on topics you DO know something about, you won't feel so inadequate.

Being charged =/= being guilty of a crime.

Unless you're a LEO I suppose.
You said it was not "abuse". You did not say it was not a crime and I did not say he was guilty of a crime. Seems from the video that he is. But, either way, guilty or not, he abused his authority and should never work as a cop again. No need to drive up two feet away from him; no need to put yourself in such close proximity to him with nothing between you and him that your only option is you perceptive a threat is to shoot to kill.

What if they dont pull up close....and he runs? Now an armed guy running through the community waving a gun at people.

He was child playing with a toy gun. Why you care so little about the life of this black child is beyond understanding.
Genius.....The kid removed the orange tip which signifies "toy"....BTW,m this is common among youths./ They think the absence of the orange ring makes the toy gun look cool.
According to the video from the police car, the police ordered the kid to drop the weapon several times. The kid refused to comply. He pointed the weapon at the police officer.
The video first not show that he ordered him to drop the gun several times. You just lie willfully to try to make your point.
The video first not show?.....

You obviously do not if you believe being killed OUTSIDE the system has anything to do with due process.

Denied due process would imply being sentenced without benefit of a trial.

Sort of how you are trying to do to police around the country .

Moron
State and federal laws make it a crime for a person, under color of state authority, to deny another citizen their life, liberty or property without due process of law. It is also the basis for a civil action seeking damages. Only a moron would not be aware of one of the largest bodies of federal law in existence.

of course that's true, which has nothing to do with police officers having the same right to defend themselves as citizens have.

Why would they even be issued guns if it were illegal for them to use them stupid?
How, exactly, was Freddie Gray threatening the officers when his neck was broken? Are you suggesting that they were acting in self defense when he died? You do realize that is what we discussing, right? And police officers have a greater right to use force than citizens have. They have a greater responsibility as well, given that authority.
You blather on and on about due process, yet in your mind the cops are guilty. Skip the trial, right?
Can you fucking read? Nowhere in that comment is there any claim that they are guilty. Your idiot buddy suggested that the officers acted in self defense. Do you think that as well? You really need to sober up before you post.
YOU claim they are guilty

Ya cause charging 3 cops for arresting a guy that broke the law and later died under someone else's care is justice right?
Justice is not the result, it is the process. Those officers will have justice. It may mean they are acquitted; it may mean they are convicted. Whatever happens to them will happen after a process where their rights will be scrupulously protected. Freddie Gray did not have justice. There was no process that was completed before what happened to him happened to him. He was denied due process.

He was not.
Not Harvard. And you are not capable of being educated. Why do educated people intimidate you? Perhaps if you choose to comment on topics you DO know something about, you won't feel so inadequate.
Your posts imply a vast knowledge of the law. In fact you made it clear you are well versed in due process. Hence the wise crack about your Harvard Law degree....

Where, you lying prick, did I ever write that? I never claimed that they were guilty.

He was not.
Your posts imply a vast knowledge of the law. In fact you made it clear you are well versed in due process. Hence the wise crack about your Harvard Law degree....
Not sure how vast my knowledge of the law is. It is, clear, however, that you have no knowledge of the law.

The video first not show?.....
Does not show. Better?

He was not.
Not sure how vast my knowledge of the law is. It is, clear, however, that you have no knowledge of the law.
You don't know enough to know that you don't know...Yet you keep spewing.
Arguing just to argue hoping your opponent just gives up doesn't work here.

Where, you lying prick, did I ever write that? I never claimed that they were guilty.
You implied they were guilty.
You wrote "they broke his neck"....That is a conclusion.

Nice reach. They did break his neck. Whether it was criminal or not had yet to be determined.

Nice reach. They did break his neck. Whether it was criminal or not had yet to be determined.

Well...to charge them with murder...there must be probable cause.

Meaning...a premeditated act intending to kill probably occurred.

So...what is the evidence?

Bullshit.

You BELIEVE they broke his neck

You just did it again....You concluded the cops are guilty of breaking the guy's neck....

You just did it again....You concluded the cops are guilty of breaking the guy's neck....
Apparently, you don't know what the word guilty means.

Bullshit.

You BELIEVE they broke his neck
So the lying piece of shit is back. Thought you ran off after I proved you lied about so much. Is there another Princeton where they do offer a master's degree in criminal law? Anyway, yes, I believe that his neck was broken through the actions of the police. Whether their actions were criminal or not depends on the facts. Do you understand now, you brainless fuck?

Well...to charge them with murder...there must be probable cause.

Meaning...a premeditated act intending to kill probably occurred.

So...what is the evidence?
They were not charged with premeditated murder. One of them was charged with depraved indifference murder. It does not require either intent or premeditation. And you will have to ask the grand jurors about the evidence since they heard it and decided there was enough to charge.

Forum List

Back