city in Texas removes popular gorilla statue for being 'racially insensitive'

I am so glad conservatives get their way and blame it on blacks. I can see how republicans would not like their likeness being on center stage in a cage.
You heard it here folks. Tax Man thinks black people look like apes. :laugh:
Conservatives are who look like apes. They just blame it on blacks.
Yeah, but black people look like apes too, right? At least that's what YOU said. I was quite shocked by your openly racist comment.

So the Confederate statue hysteria has now moved into the animal world. Corsicana, TX has removed a statue of a gorilla in a cage, after receiving 45 (they say) complaints.

Complaints ? It turns out some people (mostly blacks) thought the statue was racist. Wow. What isn't "racist" nowadays, in the minds of some people ?

I used to go to the Museum of Natural History in New York. In the entrance, they had a large, stuffed gorilla. I saw it every time I visited the museum. I never once thought about race. Unquestionaby, some people have really gone off the deep end, when it comes to race. Crazy, stupidity, or both.

Did it ever occur to the city leaders of Corsicana who removed this statue, that these so-called 45 people who called them, just might be the dumbest 45 people in Corsicana ? So this is how you operate a government ? By catering to the dumbest segment of your population ? The smarter part of the population (of all races) must be thinking >> what are these boneheads going to do next ?

So now there is a cage still there, with nothing in it. A testament to government sillieness. I heard they're thinking of putting a statue of a tiger there now. People of Corsicana must be stratching their heads.

So, the blacks activists though it was a racist statement to have a gorilla in a cage?

That reveals some very interesting associations on the part of the black activists...

Specifically that they would look at a gorilla and think "black"....

That is very cringe worthy.
Same with bananas :dunno:

So, the blacks activists though it was a racist statement to have a gorilla in a cage?

That reveals some very interesting associations on the part of the black activists...

Never know what liberals are going to come up with next - especially blacks concerning race (and things that have nothing to do with race)
It seems like the next complaint will be bananas.
I think they’ve already done bananas.

Do lefties think the gorilla could look like Obama’s son?

If not, why all the fuss?

Never know what liberals are going to come up with next - especially blacks concerning race (and things that have nothing to do with race)
It seems like the next complaint will be bananas.

Are you sure, you're joking? :)

Egyptian singer is jailed over racy banana video | Daily Mail Online

IMHO, it was a good idea to remove the cage bars or even the whole statue.

I see NO value in hurting the feelings of a whole group of fellow Americans.

Let's be frank: Because of the violent crime committed by some youths of that ethnicity, that whole group gets very "bad press."

It is only natural that they are very sensitive.

The OP's post immediately reminded me of something that happened last year, I believe.

An ESPN commentator lost his job because he described an African American tennis player's tactics as part of a well-known guerrilla tactic used in that sport.

The complaints came in fast and furious. He was toast in a matter of minutes.

I feel that it was so unfair to deprive him of his livelihood for his comment.

I do believe, however, that he should have known better than to use that word.

Last edited:
IMHO, it was a good idea to remove the cage bars or even the whole statue.

I see NO value in hurting the feelings of a whole group of fellow Americans.

Let's be frank: Because of the violent crime committed by some youths of that ethnicity, that whole group gets very "bad press."

It is only natural that they are very sensitive.

The OP's post immediately reminded me of something that happened last year, I believe.

An ESPN commentator lost his job because he described an African American tennis player's tactics as part of a well-known guerrilla tactic used in that sport.

The complaints came in fast and furious. He was toast in a matter of minutes.

I feel that it was so unfair to deprive him of his livelihood for his comment.

I do believe, however, that he should have known better than to use that word.
Sounds like guilty feelings for this poster. ^^^

AvgGuyIA, in writing that, reveals his racist nature.

Turning H&M’s racist image around on white kids won’t fix ...
www.washingtonpost.com/news/posteverything/wp/...
Why are black children always rendered as a monkey, ... when racist images of black children were ... kids because those insults don’t threaten a white supremacist ...

The Coon Caricature: Blacks as Monkeys - History on the Net www.historyonthenet.com/authentichistory/...
association between Blacks and monkeys was also popular in the ... and are plenty of racist imageson the ... this blog quickly drew in White Supremacists, ...

Forum List

Back