Claiming Racism when there is none, is WORSE than Racism...

OK then. You seem to think calls of faux-racism will not lead to someone becomng racist. Do you think calls of faux-racism will cause those who have cared about racism in the past and who have actively fought it just to not give a shit about it any longer?
If they are spiteful and vindictive, perhaps. If someone falsely calls you a pedophile are you going to become a pedophile? Or how about a traitor...if someone falsely accuses you of being a traitor are you going to become a traitor?....
You're still stuck on your lack of recognition of the fact that a just society assists in keeping racism in check. Open your mind a bit.

.... This is ridiculous nonsense. ....
Perhaps it is, to you and others who can't see the ramifications of calls of faux-racism (faux-pedophilia, faux-traitors, etc.) on those who are innocent of the crime.

.... IMO, it is nothing more that those on the "right" wanting to be free to be as racist as they please without being called on it.
I have to wonder who has even suggested that is what they want, other than you claiming someone has.
Telling me to open my mind is supposed to convince me of what, exactly?

Any false accusation is harmful to the victim of the false accusation.

No one but me suggested it, hence the IMO.

Why do I think that?

Because....for all intents and purposes the spokespeople of the Republican party are Glenn Beck and Rush Limbaugh. Both have labeled Obama a racist. No one objected by making claims that false racism is harmful. No one. Therefore I can only assume that this entire current outcry is bullshit.

As for Wilson, given his background it is easy to conclude that he felt calling the president a name in the House, in public, on national television--was easy to do because the president happens to be black. If I was God, Wilson would have a lot of explaining to do before I accepted that he isn't a racist.

Being Racist doesn't Necessarily Harm ANYONE...

Raping DOES...

Slander on the other hand...

How can you be that Simple?...

:)

peace...
Being racist often hurts millions. It justified gassing people in the minds of the Germans and it justified slavery over and over and over again.

Methinks you are the simple one here.

Though I admit, I might be simple, too because I can't figure out what the others in this thread are babbling about.

You are Simple... It was a Basic Concept that Continues to Stand.

Try again.

:)

peace...
I see you do believe Jimmy Carter is worse than Adolph Hitler.

You are an asshole...not that anyone is surprised.

If they are spiteful and vindictive, perhaps. If someone falsely calls you a pedophile are you going to become a pedophile? Or how about a traitor...if someone falsely accuses you of being a traitor are you going to become a traitor?....
You're still stuck on your lack of recognition of the fact that a just society assists in keeping racism in check. Open your mind a bit.

Perhaps it is, to you and others who can't see the ramifications of calls of faux-racism (faux-pedophilia, faux-traitors, etc.) on those who are innocent of the crime.

.... IMO, it is nothing more that those on the "right" wanting to be free to be as racist as they please without being called on it.
I have to wonder who has even suggested that is what they want, other than you claiming someone has.
Telling me to open my mind is supposed to convince me of what, exactly? ....
It's a suggestion, but if you want to take it as a personal affront, there is little I can do about your sensitivites.

.... Because....for all intents and purposes the spokespeople of the Republican party are Glenn Beck and Rush Limbaugh. ....
If the Dems and/or BHO groupies wish to consider entertainers as the leaders of their opposition, then the opposition will start considering Keith Olberman and Janeane Garofalo, for example, as leaders of the Democratic Party. That would make for a fair, though somewhat idiotic and non-constuctive, field of play.

.... Both have labeled Obama a racist. No one objected by making claims that false racism is harmful. No one. Therefore I can only assume that this entire current outcry is bullshit. ....
And that would be unfair of them.

.... As for Wilson, given his background it is easy to conclude that he felt calling the president a name in the House, in public, on national television--was easy to do because the president happens to be black. If I was God, Wilson would have a lot of explaining to do before I accepted that he isn't a racist.
Judging someone as a racist because he yelled 'you lie' to an African American is unfair of you. Get on the bandwagon, your dear leader has said it was not racist.

It's a suggestion, but if you want to take it as a personal affront, there is little I can do aobut your sensitivites.

If the Dems and/or BHO groupies wish to consider entertainers as the leaders of their opposition, then the opposition will start considering Keith Olberman and Janeane Garofalo, for example, as leaders of the Democratic Party. That would make for a fair, though somewhat idiotic and non-constuctive, field of play.

.... Both have labeled Obama a racist. No one objected by making claims that false racism is harmful. No one. Therefore I can only assume that this entire current outcry is bullshit. ....

.... As for Wilson, given his background it is easy to conclude that he felt calling the president a name in the House, in public, on national television--was easy to do because the president happens to be black. If I was God, Wilson would have a lot of explaining to do before I accepted that he isn't a racist.
Judging someone as a racist because he yelled 'you lie' to an African American is unfair of you. Get on the bandwagon, your dear leader has said it was not racist.
It's not an affront, I'm laughing at your poor excuse for a rational answer.

Sad to say, at this point in time, Beck and Limbaugh are the leaders of the Republican party. You might want to do something about that. The Dems actually have leaders, whether they are liked or not.

I don't recall Obama saying Wilson isn't a racist...not that it would matter if he did. He's a politician striving for the status quo.

I'm not judging Wilson for his comment...I'm judging him for his history that led him to feel comfortable with his comment.

That's a strawman. Read what others have said and when you ask something relevant to what was said - that calls of faux-racism will lead to more racism - we can continue. Strawmen are boring.

What does the thread title and the OP say? Segregation in the south is not a strawman of racism. What is wrong with you, exactly?
Focus. Here is what you wanted refuted.
:lol: What an awesome troll post! :lol:

Try refuting it. It's an accurate elaboration of the OP's premise.

I refuted it. Your agrument against KK failed. Now you bring up idiotic strawmen.

If you want to argue something new, say so. Or, are you one of those pussies who can't ever be in error on an anonymous message board?

You refuted nothing. Babbling incoherently is not refutation. It is fucking idiotic to claim that someone who wrongly claims something or someone is racist is worse than racism itself.
That is what the OP claimed. I'm not surprised he claimed it, btw.

Was segregation in the South racism? yes or no?

Were Jimmy Carter's exaggerated accusations of racism worse than segregation in the South? yes or no?

It's a suggestion, but if you want to take it as a personal affront, there is little I can do aobut your sensitivites.

It's not an affront, I'm laughing at your poor excuse for a rational answer. ....
How sad that you missed the answer. But what is more sad is that it went right over your head.

.... Sad to say, at this point in time, Beck and Limbaugh are the leaders of the Republican party. You might want to do something about that. The Dems actually have leaders, whether they are liked or not. ....
Cool. Let the idiocy start, then. KO is a leader of the Dems. I sort of like Cindy SHeehan, too. This could be fun, if it weren't so idiotic, but I can see which level I need to be to relate to you.

.... I don't recall Obama saying Wilson isn't a racist...
Bully for you - you're arguing shit only you say. I suppose that must be intelectually challenging for you. You go girl!
.... I'm not judging Wilson for his comment...I'm judging him for his history that led him to feel comfortable with his comment.
Geographical stereotyping is always fascinating to me, as is true racism, because of the intellectual midgets who do it.

You've proven yourself to be a right wing loon, Si Modo, which was what I was after. :lol:

I said nothing about Wilson's geographical location...but interesting to note you think Southerners are automatic racists.

:clap2:

[.

If you want to argue something new, say so. Or, are you one of those pussies who can't ever be in error on an anonymous message board?

You're a comical tough guy. Was that your intent?
My intent is clear - to engage in an open discussion of the topic and to see who could logically and rationally challenge the claim by KK that the there will be more racism if these calls of faux-racism continue. I said it directly to you. You missed it. So many have shown they cannot understand simple sentences and words, that I need to dismiss such tedious idiocy. I will not get what I want, and that's fine. I keep hoping until proven wrong and you and others have done so. Bravo.

Well here's what Freedomworks leader Dick Armey said about racism in America:

"The Bubba vote is there, and it's very real, and it is everywhere. There's an awful lot of people in America, bless their heart, who simply are not emotionally prepared to vote for a black man."

(Dick Armey, 9/3/08)

So is Armey, the latest conservative hero and the force behind the march on Washington, seeing racism where there is none?

Does that thus make him worse than an actual, practicing racist?

well??? lol
Well what? Who the fuck ever said this wasn't racism? You continue with idiotic strawmen.

Dick Armey is saying that racism towards Obama is real and it's everywhere. That an 'awful lot' of people wouldn't vote for a black man.

Is he exaggerating? Is he claiming there is racism where there isn't?

[.

My intent is clear - to engage in an open discussion of the topic and to see who could logically and rationally challenge the claim by KK that the there will be more racism if these calls of faux-racism continue. I said it directly to you. You missed it. So many have shown they cannot understand simple sentences and words, that I need to dismiss such tedious idiocy. I will not get what I want, and that's fine. I keep hoping until proven wrong and you and others have done so. Bravo.

Carter's alleged cry of faux-racism if that's what we're talking about was already canceled out by President Obama's dismissal of it. So it's moot.

I'm addressing the preposterousness of the OP's claim.

You've proven yourself to be a right wing loon, Si Modo, which was what I was after. :lol:

I said nothing about Wilson's geographical location...but interesting to note you think Southerners are automatic racists.

:clap2:

And that means what exactly, Ravi?

You, nor ANY of your cohorts in this thread have yet, YET mind you proven that the present-day assertions of Obama, Pelosi, the talking heads in the Leftist Media ring true.

The ONUS within this thread had always been upon *you* to prove the Op's contention wrong in context.

It's just talk, because it is precisely that the RACE CARD gets brought up even if the person had a severe boil on their ass...you'd call it for RACE.

You have yet to perform. I'd suggest you get to studying...and stop with the attempted character asassinations. Because quite frankly? (Between you an *I*? You're looking quite the fool)...

**Now don't tell anyone what I just wrote it's between *us8...mmmmkay?

Carter's alleged cry of faux-racism if that's what we're talking about was already canceled out by President Obama's dismissal of it. So it's moot.

I'm addressing the preposterousness of the OP's claim.

When did that happen?

And btw:

The title and the OP employs obvious hyperbole to make a valid point.

And basing one's entire participation in the discussion around refuting the hyperbolic element suggests a willing and/or ignorant reluctance to acknowledge the underlying, valid point.

Carry on

The OP does no such thing. If anything he tries to support the validity of his thread title and stated theme.
To the extent you can get anything out of his ramblings in the OP, including his implication that calling a white man a monkey is no different than calling a black man a monkey. Is there a word for that point of view??

You'll have to dumb that down a bit. I have no idea what you're trying to say.
Maybe we are just failing to effectively communicate. What is 'extrapolated bullshit' to you? Is it KittenKoder's assertion or NY-something's argument?

Originally it was NY's ASSertion that Carter is worse than Hitler. But if people insist that the title is LITERALLY and 100% correct, then logically they would have to agree with his ludicrous extrapolation.

Since the OP adds this:

"Being Racist doesn't Necessarily Harm ANYONE...

Raping DOES...

Slander on the other hand..."

it's hard to argue that his original proclamation was just an attention getting 'hyperbole'.

Unless we're now supposed to believe he's still in that character.

The Peak of this Dishonesty was Maureen Dowd adding "Boy" into "You Lie"... This is EXACTLY how the Left Views this World...

Now, here the OP is making a broadbrush accusation. I suppose this is more 'hyperbole', or is this the OP doing exactly what he's excoriating others for allegedly doing?

The OP title is correct, 100%, seeing racism where there is none actually fuels racism, offers excuses to be racist, and creates hate (the primary ingredient for racism) for anything that you put the focus on.

No it isn't you stupid bint! :lol:

The OP does make a valid point that you correctly identify (i.e. this fuels racism). But to say it's worse than ACTUAL racism is like saying that falsly accusing someone of rape is worse than ACTUAL rape. :rofl:

I really love these thread where both sides make retards of themselves.

Carry on.

The OP's 'point' that some have gleaned from his randomly capitalized nonsense ridden rant, is hardly profound (the fact that it occurred to me yesterday should prove that) but could not have been more poorly stated. So he gets one prize.

The OP title is correct, 100%, seeing racism where there is none actually fuels racism, offers excuses to be racist, and creates hate (the primary ingredient for racism) for anything that you put the focus on.

No it isn't you stupid bint! :lol:

The OP does make a valid point that you correctly identify (i.e. this fuels racism). But to say it's worse than ACTUAL racism is like saying that falsly accusing someone of rape is worse than ACTUAL rape. :rofl:

I really love these thread where both sides make retards of themselves.

Carry on.

The OP's 'point' that some have gleaned from his randomly capitalized nonsense ridden rant, is hardly profound (the fact that it occurred to me yesterday should prove that) but could not have been more poorly stated. So he gets one prize.

But still *YOU* remain absolutely FIXATED on the OP of this thread, and have YET to prove him or his premise *wrong* beyond any shadow of doubt.

Now. Try to stay on the topic of the OP, rather than the op?

You are looking rather foolish this far in to it aren't you?

Mani, what is a "bint"?

As for it being worse, I believe I addressed the reason why, perpetuating racism is worse than actual racism, just as it would be worse to perpetuate rape or make it legal, Mani. You can't cure symptoms and expect to cure the disease, you have to go after the root of the disease. Claiming racism where there is none is one of the roots.

Forum List

Back