Claire McCaskill Rips into Lying Hatch over tax plan for people making $50,000 or less..

All current GOPers in congress should agree to sign a pledge to QUIT if their tax plan does INCREASE taxes for middle class Americans in the next 3 years...

I'd love to see them putting their sorry asses on the line.....LOL

The problem is what is considered middle-class.

In this current bill, the middle-class is defined as anybody not in poverty making up to well in the six figures. So if your salary is 180K per year, you are considered middle-class.

In this group, the lower part of the middle-class will see a tax decrease while the upper part will see a tax increase. It's actually a 60/40 margin.

I would think that this depends on where you live ... I could live on $40,000 a year in the Midwest where I visit but would be considered poverty in the San Francisco Bay Area..

Another thing I want you to consider Ray is my cousin was a courtroom Sheriff who worked and raised her son. She is in poverty now at 70 years old with her pension in the bay area. She now lives in an affordable housing retirement home..
She would rather starve than ask for anything , but we all know and her brother is helping her now.

She would have given her life to protect these fat cats..

Being a cop is not going to stop you from being below that $50,000 mark.

Correct, it does depend on where you live, but no matter where you live, a six figure income is doing pretty well. We can't create policy around a few liberal hellholes that allowed their cost of living to go so high because of unions and taxation. The rest of the country doesn't live like them.

Ray you are so wrong about this comment..

The bay area (where I live ) is one of the most expensive places in the country to live.. The lower and middle class are getting pushed out..

I watched it happen ,

1. The San Francisco Mayor gave tax cuts to the High Techs to come and set up shop in his city.
So like the gold rush they came running to get rich quick . Low income middle class were evicted so the rich could tear down the homes to build skyscraper million dollar apartments.

2. I seriously don't know who allowed this to happen but the Chinese were told to invest in the Bay area Real estate even if they didn't live here.
They came in over bid and jacked up the prices which are now so high only the very wealthy can afford.

Some of these homes are called ghost homes , because the Chinese bought homes and are left vacant.

With both of the rich High tech and Chinese this area has become un-affordable unless if you are rich, or a long time resident.

Ray it is coming your way this is happening in many cites across the nation..

We are so focused on gays, blacks, perverts, and the election this is happening right under our noses.

Everyone including the MSM admits that the repub tax plan will be beneficial to the middle class. Nobody likes taxes and everyone wants to change the status quo except elitist rich democrats who don't give a damn about the people they represent.

No they are not. Why do you think Paul Ryan had to backtrack on his earlier comments that all the middle class were getting tax cuts? He got caught lying, and stopped saying it.

We can't create policy around a few liberal hellholes that allowed their cost of living to go so high because of unions and taxation.

When we think of expensive states, New York and California are generally the first ones to come to mind. We often forget about the high cost of living in Alaska. In Anchorage, you're going to pay around $70 (or more) for Internet (6 Mbps, Unlimited Data, Cable/ADSL), which is considerably high compared to many other locations.

The median list price of homes in the large state are $252,000. Homes cost much more in Juneau (where the median is around $315,000) than in Kenai (where the median sits at around $200,000). Food is also priced high, and of you go out to dinner and a movie with a friend, you're looking at a bill of $85 or so.

Same as Hawaii..

All current GOPers in congress should agree to sign a pledge to QUIT if their tax plan does INCREASE taxes for middle class Americans in the next 3 years...

I'd love to see them putting their sorry asses on the line.....LOL

The problem is what is considered middle-class.

In this current bill, the middle-class is defined as anybody not in poverty making up to well in the six figures. So if your salary is 180K per year, you are considered middle-class.

In this group, the lower part of the middle-class will see a tax decrease while the upper part will see a tax increase. It's actually a 60/40 margin.

I would think that this depends on where you live ... I could live on $40,000 a year in the Midwest where I visit but would be considered poverty in the San Francisco Bay Area..

Another thing I want you to consider Ray is my cousin was a courtroom Sheriff who worked and raised her son. She is in poverty now at 70 years old with her pension in the bay area. She now lives in an affordable housing retirement home..
She would rather starve than ask for anything , but we all know and her brother is helping her now.

She would have given her life to protect these fat cats..

Being a cop is not going to stop you from being below that $50,000 mark.

Correct, it does depend on where you live, but no matter where you live, a six figure income is doing pretty well. We can't create policy around a few liberal hellholes that allowed their cost of living to go so high because of unions and taxation. The rest of the country doesn't live like them.

Ray you are so wrong about this comment..

The bay area (where I live ) is one of the most expensive places in the country to live.. The lower and middle class are getting pushed out..

I watched it happen ,

1. The San Francisco Mayor gave tax cuts to the High Techs to come and set up shop in his city.
So like the gold rush they came running to get rich quick . Low income middle class were evicted so the rich could tear down the homes to build skyscraper million dollar apartments.

2. I seriously don't know who allowed this to happen but the Chinese were told to invest in the Bay area Real estate even if they didn't live here.
They came in over bid and jacked up the prices which are now so high only the very wealthy can afford.

Some of these homes are called ghost homes , because the Chinese bought homes and are left vacant.

With both of the rich High tech and Chinese this area has become un-affordable unless if you are rich, or a long time resident.

Ray it is coming your way this is happening in many cites across the nation..

We are so focused on gays, blacks, perverts, and the election this is happening right under our noses.

Yeah, skyscrapers in San Fran... what a wonderful idea right?

A 58-story skyscraper in San Francisco is tilting and sinking — and residents say their multimillion-dollar condos are 'nearly worthless'

I wonder how many people it will kill.

Ewe are upset with dear Claire because she wants to protect the middle class.
Do you really believe that the middle class is on Medicaid? Really? The middle class is being douched with Obamacare.

Did you know a single person can make up to $1387 a month and qualify for Medicaid? That's almost $17,000 a year. If a person made minimum wage of $7.50 an hour but was able to work 40 hours a week... which let's face it doesn't happen because of the ability to qualify for benefits, that comes out to only $15,600 annually. So people more than just making minimum wage, or who have kids, are getting Medicaid.
Do you really call 17000, middle class?

Do you really believe that the middle class is on Medicaid? Really? The middle class is being douched with Obamacare.

Did you know a single person can make up to $1387 a month and qualify for Medicaid? That's almost $17,000 a year. If a person made minimum wage of $7.50 an hour but was able to work 40 hours a week... which let's face it doesn't happen because of the ability to qualify for benefits, that comes out to only $15,600 annually. So people more than just making minimum wage, or who have kids, are getting Medicaid.

Do I call it the middle class? Not quite, but if someone tells you they bringing home almost $1,400 a month in a lot of parts of the country, you don't exactly think they are living in poverty, especially as a single person not having to support an entire family. If it was a husband and wife, that is $34,000 a year.

More lies and dishonesty from the reprehensible right.

The Republican plan is in fact bad for middle class Americans:

‘Sen. Sherrod Brown (D-Ohio)…explained, accurately, that the Senate GOP tax plan isn’t intended to help the middle class; it’s written to benefit the richest Americans.
[…]
Brown’s argument was, at its core, substantive: non-partisan analyses of the Senate Republican tax plan make clear that it would disproportionately benefit the wealthiest Americans, and raise taxes on millions of middle-class families. That’s not some lazy “political play”; it’s an argument backed up by evidence.’

A senatorial clash that explains what's wrong with the tax fight
Why does a tax plan have to benefit anyone to be acceptable? The middle class wants new roads, healthcare etc.Just like everyone else. Why would they think they shouldn't pay for it but the rich should?

I've never got this part of the liberal mind set. We want all of this free government shit but don't want to be the ones to pay for it. How can that possibly work?

On the other hand, why does Trump and his pals benefit from this plan, don't they drive the same roads Mike?... I mean how much money does someone need .. Many of these fat cats got rich off of the backs of the middle class.. So your point fails..

So we should have a limit to how much money you can have. Well then, how much should that be?

Without somebody else to pay for it, there are no educated liberals.

Well, THAT then explains your lack of much education......Stick by your convictions, remain uneducated...... and keep playing with your guns.

If you haven't noticed by now... he complains about EVERYTHING.

He complains about people that get disability by saying it is easy to get and too many people are on it that don't deserve it. (Not true)

He complains that people that get food stamps all don't deserve them and abuse the system. (Not true)

He complains people that receive HUD are just lazy and if they wouldn't stay up all night and sleep all day they could get a job and pay their own rent. (Not true)

He complained and called the cops on kids playing basketball, when they could be out doing drugs and breaking the law instead.

He went to his local government to complain about taxes...

He complains about the insurance program...

He complained about his renters... and if you want to know why he probably doesn't have the cheap insurance like many others can get, this probably explains it, but he just seems not to bring it up. If he has his own place, and owns other properties that he is making money off of renting to others... the government probably assumes he can pay for his insurance.

I buy my own insurance because of being a small business owner ( my husband ) we have to renegotiate ever year and are paying very high prices... Very high deductibles that are there for a catastrophic event , not to get FREE MEDICATION, or a $150.00 doctors visit for a cold.

This is what the righties don't understand

‘Sen. Sherrod Brown (D-Ohio)…explained, accurately, that the Senate GOP tax plan isn’t intended to help the middle class; it’s written to benefit the richest Americans.
[…]
Brown’s argument was, at its core, substantive: non-partisan analyses of the Senate Republican tax plan make clear that it would disproportionately benefit the wealthiest Americans, and raise taxes on millions of middle-class families. That’s not some lazy “political play”; it’s an argument backed up by evidence.’

Why does a tax plan have to benefit anyone to be acceptable? The middle class wants new roads, healthcare etc.Just like everyone else. Why would they think they shouldn't pay for it but the rich should?

I've never got this part of the liberal mind set. We want all of this free government shit but don't want to be the ones to pay for it. How can that possibly work?

The middle class has been subsidizing corporate wages through the earned income credits for years. Corporations get tax breaks to bring jobs into states that every taxpayer in that state subsidized, the subsidies often meaning that the corporations come out dollars ahead.

The wealthy pay the lowest tax rates as a percentage of income of any taxpayers in the country and that rate is going lower.
So the current liberal tax plan is crap. I agree. But the solution for you isn't to make it more fair with a reasonable flat tax but to actually expand the current situation in hopes that you can eventually make enough laws to counter the shit ones on the books. That doesn't sound very bright.

Well, THAT then explains your lack of much education......Stick by your convictions, remain uneducated...... and keep playing with your guns.

He complains about people that get disability by saying it is easy to get and too many people are on it that don't deserve it. (Not true)

He complains that people that get food stamps all don't deserve them and abuse the system. (Not true)

He complains people that receive HUD are just lazy and if they wouldn't stay up all night and sleep all day they could get a job and pay their own rent. (Not true)

He complained and called the cops on kids playing basketball, when they could be out doing drugs and breaking the law instead.

He complained about his renters... and if you want to know why he probably doesn't have the cheap insurance like many others can get, this probably explains it, but he just seems not to bring it up. If he has his own place, and owns other properties that he is making money off of renting to others... the government probably assumes he can pay for his insurance.

I buy my own insurance because of being a small business owner ( my husband ) we have to renegotiate ever year and are paying very high prices... Very high deductibles that are there for a catastrophic event , not to get FREE MEDICATION, or a $150.00 doctors visit for a cold.

So then, would you be happy if they did allow it so that several small business owners could form a group of their own to get group insurance discounts?

Claire is in my district...She has a lot of nerve to bitch abut taxation on low wage earners...That bitch has tried for years to get rid of prevailing wages and stop paying people extra for govt jobs(they pay union wages).. She is like the rest, just a game playing rhetorician with flabby boobs....

[…]

On the other hand, why does Trump and his pals benefit from this plan, don't they drive the same roads Mike?... I mean how much money does someone need .. Many of these fat cats got rich off of the backs of the middle class.. So your point fails..

So we should have a limit to how much money you can have. Well then, how much should that be?

No, of course not .. but I just don't understand why you think that it is ok to give the mega rich such a huge tax break off of the working classes back.

They ride off into the sunset with their 5 million dollar yachts while the working class picks up another job to pay the taxes.

Why is the GOP fighting for these taxes for the super rich? Because they line the pockets of these Senators..Take a look at who funded Hatch's campaign?

Last edited:

[…]

So what do you think of the idea of getting rid of all social welfare programs, and just have universal income for all? Then people would be responsible for having to buy all their necessities out of that income, and they could still work and it wouldn't affect it, but then everything would be totally capitalistic, as you'd not have co-pays, or food stamps, or HUD, or anything like that. But with taxes, it would still be tiered so that the more money you made over your universal income, you'd pay a higher tax percentage.

Think of all the government fat that would cut...

Do not pass a tax that increases the middle class load in four years and keeps the corporate tax in perpetuity, and have the nerve to call it a middle class tax cut.

So then, would you be happy if they did allow it so that several small business owners could form a group of their own to get group insurance discounts?

What I mean is.... Insurance is for a catastrophes like home and car insurance.

I had that catastrophic even happen and the high deductible was nothing compared to what the corrupt big pharma and medical charged me..

This is what Obamacare was about although not perfect..was to stop the big cat from sucking the people like a vampire when they got very sick..

Not to give everyone free doctors visits or medication.

If the state permits it.

Do I call it the middle class? Not quite, but if someone tells you they bringing home almost $1,400 a month in a lot of parts of the country, you don't exactly think they are living in poverty, especially as a single person not having to support an entire family. If it was a husband and wife, that is $34,000 a year.
which for a family of four is near or under the poverty line

No more or no less than anybody else here. WTF do you think political discourse is about anyway????

Yes, this is true. If you don't believe me, ask my neighbor Mike. You can find him in the garage drinking his compensation check; he and his mother (who has been supporting him his entire adult life) don't get along, so he stays outside as much as he can.

I dare you to find where I said "all" abuse the system. I said many do. You cradle-to-gravers love to exaggerate.

Absolutely. And maybe then I could get some uninterrupted sleep during the work week.

Right, because when I was growing up and our parents stopped us from playing all night long, we did drugs and broke laws just like every other kid in the neighborhood.

You see if you worked for a living, you would understand the value of being able to come home and relax in peace. If you weren't a liberal, you would understand that putting up with noise all afternoon long until the sun goes down is a pretty fair compromise. But because you're a liberal, you only understand that you should have things your way all the time.

Yep, and so do thousands of others every year. In fact after you file for a hearing, it takes seven months to get a date they are so backed up.

Which insurance program?

The government are dopes. The only thing they know is my adjusted income. They don't care where or how I came about it. In the end, I'm just a working middle-class guy who likely votes Republican. Commie Care was designed by Democrats so their constituents mostly benefit at the cost of people who likely vote Republican. Commie Care is a perfect example of why government shouldn't be involved in healthcare; because then it does become political.

Claire is in my district...She has a lot of nerve to bitch abut taxation on low wage earners...That bitch has tried for years to get rid of prevailing wages and stop paying people extra for govt jobs(they pay union wages).. She is like the rest, just a game playing rhetorician with flabby boobs....

But isn't Trump trying to cut the government employees jobs and wages? I thought they did a freeze on raises ect on government jobs..

Forum List

Back