Clearly the GOP violated the Logan Act. Should they be prosecuted?

No, because you narcissists are causing this country great damage.

And no, I don't expect someone like you to "get it".

you shouldnt use this word ever
I make a general point, you folks deflect and make it personal.

Like clockwork.

you made an absurd point. Grab your tissues!
Yes, I know, partisan ideologues don't like having to look in the mirror.

Must be unpleasant.

that would make sense if it was a fact, but you always run to this excuse when confronted. It gets a little boring when i can predict how you will post.
"Confronted"?

Two catty comments?

Very impressive.

I actively support and agree with your outrage against U.S. Senators sending letters of support to enemies of this country who are threatening us with nuclear weapons.

Sen. Ted Kennedy's (D-MA) letter to USSR Premier Yuri Andropov in 1983, offering to help him evade then-President Reagan's attempts to reduce the number of nuclear weapons in both countries, ranks among the top treasonous missives in U.S. history.

Kennedy offered to come to Moscow to help the Russians develop propaganda to defeat Reagan's disarmament attempts. He also tried to arrange for Andropov to interview with U.S. media outlets for the same purpose.

As you said, to advise a US enemy, to encourage them to develop a weapon to use against us, these scum have really hit bottom.

Did they commit a felony? Quite possibly. To openly sell out their own country, as you described it, is the worst of the worst.

This happened with a U.S. enemy that had already developed nuclear weapons AND the systems to deliver them onto U.S. cities. They had them aimed right at us, ready to fire. Not just to some backwater wannabe 7th-century dictatorship which the Democrats were insisting would never develop nuclear weapons at all, just nuclear power for "peaceful purposes". So I'm sure you'd agree that what Kennedy did was far more serious than what present-day Republicans have done. Right?

Flashback Big Three Ignored Ted Kennedy s Letter to Soviet Union

----------------------------------

Oops, wrong thread. Can you tell me where's the thread Democrats wrote, expressing their outrage over Kennedy's strange treason? I'll transfer this post there, and erase it here, as soon as I find it.

you shouldnt use this word ever

Like clockwork.

Must be unpleasant.

that would make sense if it was a fact, but you always run to this excuse when confronted. It gets a little boring when i can predict how you will post.
"Confronted"?

Two catty comments?

Very impressive.

that wasnt really catty. you should work for the media. Pretty good at sensationalism.

Like clockwork.

Must be unpleasant.

"Confronted"?

Two catty comments?

Very impressive.

that wasnt really catty. you should work for the media. Pretty good at sensationalism.
Actually, I did, for about 18 years.

And you just keep doing it. Deflect from my point, make it personal.

No problem, I'm used to it here.

Ha, an Obamabot still believes we're a nation of laws. How cute. So delusional, doesn't even realize their Dear Leader destroyed any hopes for that a long time ago. He doesn't need Congress, wide open Border, massive NSA spying, awful IRS abuses, and so on. Just a petty Dictator wannabe. Nothing more, nothing less.

Must be unpleasant.

"Confronted"?

Two catty comments?

Very impressive.

Actually, I did, for about 18 years.

And you just keep doing it. Deflect from my point, make it personal.

No problem, I'm used to it here.

sorry i totally forgot about you.
well then that explains your crying quiet well. thank you.

I swear, it's getting tougher and tougher to find an adult around here.

its more like we know your game so instead of going through the motions we just skip to the end part. Welcome to being on a message board for any length of time mac

ROFLMNAO!

This from the idiots that appointed JOHN KERRY to Secretary of State.

Recall that Kerry SAT down with the Government of North Vietnam, DURING THE VIETNAM WAR in a foreign Country,... then brought back THE ENEMIES 7 Point Plan and PUBLISHED TO THE US PUBLIC ON NATIONAL TELEVISION... he THEN WENT ABOUT SELLING IT TO CROWDS AROUND THE COUNTRY.

Now the US Constitution defines treason as:

"Treason against the United States, shall consist only in levying war against them, or in adhering to their enemies, giving them aid and comfort. No person shall be convicted of treason unless on the testimony of two witnesses to the same overt act, or on confession in open court."

Establishing JOHN KERRY as a Traitor to the United States... even as he tries to provide Iran with the means to acquire NUCLEAR WEAPONS and the 47 Americans who called him on it.

This DEAL is NOT a treaty, but an agreement between a current seated president, and Iran.... The next president can sweep it away with the flash of his pen, and drop the phone on the floor!

So what is the Logan Act? Unless you're familiar with rarely used, early American laws, you may have never heard of it.

Monroe and his letter to Logan which was intercepted by Pickering: I was actually reading about it all when the news of the 47 broke. The British Treaty/Jay's Treaty

Why would anyone be prosecuted for violating it? Is it Constitutional? And if you want to point out how the Right Wing is always trying to impeach people for ridiculousness you could have and should have done a better job at it

ROFLMNAO!

This from the idiots that appointed JOHN KERRY to Secretary of State.

Recall that Kerry SAT down with the Government of North Vietnam, DURING THE VIETNAM WAR in a foreign Country,... then brought back THE ENEMIES 7 Point Plan and PUBLISHED TO THE US PUBLIC ON NATIONAL TELEVISION... he THEN WENT ABOUT SELLING IT TO CROWDS AROUND THE COUNTRY.

Now the US Constitution defines treason as:

"Treason against the United States, shall consist only in levying war against them, or in adhering to their enemies, giving them aid and comfort. No person shall be convicted of treason unless on the testimony of two witnesses to the same overt act, or on confession in open court."

Establishing JOHN KERRY as a Traitor to the United States... even as he tries to provide Iran with the means to acquire NUCLEAR WEAPONS and the 47 Americans who called him on it.
this from an idiot who believes if Kerry really committed treason the Republicans and Democrats at that time would not have had him tried.

:cuckoo:

Absolutely, go after 'em full speed.

Then they can prosecute whoever for Bengahzi or whatever.

Then hopefully all you partisan ideologues will be kept so busy that the adults can start trying to fix things.

Ready, set, go!

Because terrorists attacking a US ambassador who refused to leave is exactly the same as scuttling Nuclear Proliferation Talks. Got it.

Scuttled the talks, really, here I thought they were still going on. Why is the left so full of fucking drama queens and liars?

So what is the Logan Act? Unless you're familiar with rarely used, early American laws, you may have never heard of it.

It reads:

"Any citizen of the United States, wherever he may be, who, without authority of the United States, directly or indirectly commences or carries on any correspondence or intercourse with any foreign government or any officer or agent thereof, with intent to influence the measures or conduct of any foreign government or of any officer or agent thereof, in relation to any disputes or controversies with the United States, or to defeat the measures of the United States, shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than three years, or both.

"This section shall not abridge the right of a citizen to apply, himself or his agent, to any foreign government or the agents thereof for redress of any injury which he may have sustained from such government or any of its agents or subjects."

Why The GOP Iran Letter Is Spurring Debate Over An 18th Century Law The Two-Way NPR

--------------------

A felony punishable by fine and three years in prison. What do you think? After what they've done to this president and to the country, should they be prosecuted?
The Congress-Folk who sent the letter ARE part of the US Government...

Consequently, they HAVE 'the authority of the United States'.

Next slide, please.

It reads:

"Any citizen of the United States, wherever he may be, who, without authority of the United States, directly or indirectly commences or carries on any correspondence or intercourse with any foreign government or any officer or agent thereof, with intent to influence the measures or conduct of any foreign government or of any officer or agent thereof, in relation to any disputes or controversies with the United States, or to defeat the measures of the United States, shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than three years, or both.

"This section shall not abridge the right of a citizen to apply, himself or his agent, to any foreign government or the agents thereof for redress of any injury which he may have sustained from such government or any of its agents or subjects."

Why The GOP Iran Letter Is Spurring Debate Over An 18th Century Law The Two-Way NPR

--------------------

A felony punishable by fine and three years in prison. What do you think? After what they've done to this president and to the country, should they be prosecuted?
Thank you! I've been trying to remember the name of that law for a week now. Ever since these little Israeli kiss-asses were saying, "What law did the 47 break?"

Well, you little Israeli bitches, that law!

Thanks, dean-bo!

The Congress-Folk who sent the letter ARE part of the US Government...

Consequently, they HAVE 'the authority of the United States'.

Next slide, please.

The OP is a moron and has no clue how to comprehend what he's reading.

Rather than man up and say "yep, I screwed the pooch on this one" he flops and flips like a dying fish on a dock trying desperately to fall back into the water.

It reads:

--------------------

Thank you! I've been trying to remember the name of that law for a week now. Ever since these little Israeli kiss-asses were saying, "What law did the 47 break?"

Well, you little Israeli bitches, that law!

Thanks, dean-bo!

ROFLMNAO!

Isn't that ADORABLE?

I just adore watching the Intellectually Less Fortunate try to reason.

LOL!

And did ya hear about the "Petitition" around which the Relativists gathered, to 'inform government' that they want the 47 Americans who defended American Principle... arrested and charged with treason?

LMAO! And in so doing, they prove their irretrievable ignorance of Law... .

Demonstrating once again that to which Madison spoke i Federalist 10, wherein he noted the fiery demise of all social-democrat states.

ROFL! It reminds me of a pup I used to own that would hop up on its hind legs when I walked 'im. LOL! He thought he was human, too... . Just absolutely precious.

Forum List

Back