Climate change: 2015 will be the hottest year on record 'by a mile', experts say

I could detect radiation emitted from cold to warmer?[/quote[

No...you could detect the evidence of radiation that you could not directly detect otherwise unless you had an IR detecting instrument cooled to a temperature below that of the actual radiation.

Matter radiates in bands other than just the IR.

CMB is thermal radiaton....not radio radiation.

What is the wavelength of CMB?

I could detect radiation emitted from cold to warmer?[/quote[

No...you could detect the evidence of radiation that you could not directly detect otherwise unless you had an IR detecting instrument cooled to a temperature below that of the actual radiation.

Matter radiates in bands other than just the IR.

I could detect radiation emitted from cold to warmer?

But the detector is beneath a warmer atmosphere.
According to your claim, nothing that cold would radiate toward the warmer surface.

How is "a resonant radio frequency" different than "thermal radiation"?
Are they both waves? Are they both detected when they hit a receiver?

You just suggested that JC go read something so that he would sound more informed on the topic....perhaps you should take your own advice and go read something so that you can know the difference between radiation in the radio frequencies and radiation in the thermal frequencies.

And the resonance frequency is what the radio telescope detected...not CMB. For example...it is possible to receive radio signals via resonance frequency when the actual radio signal is to weak to be received by the receiving antenna....that is, the actual signal never reaches the receiver...but the information is received non the less via resonance frequency that can reach the receiver...detection of CMB by radio telescope in no way proves that energy can move from cooler objects to warmer objects....it does prove that you are perfectly capable of fooling yourself with instrumentation.

According to your claim, nothing that cold would radiate toward the warmer surface.

Why would you assume that the instrument is on the surface of the earth and not in orbit>

How is "a resonant radio frequency" different than "thermal radiation"?
Are they both waves? Are they both detected when they hit a receiver?

You just suggested that JC go read something so that he would sound more informed on the topic....perhaps you should take your own advice and go read something so that you can know the difference between radiation in the radio frequencies and radiation in the thermal frequencies.

And the resonance frequency is what the radio telescope detected...not CMB. For example...it is possible to receive radio signals via resonance frequency when the actual radio signal is to weak to be received by the receiving antenna....that is, the actual signal never reaches the receiver...but the information is received non the less via resonance frequency that can reach the receiver...detection of CMB by radio telescope in no way proves that energy can move from cooler objects to warmer objects....it does prove that you are perfectly capable of fooling yourself with instrumentation.

...perhaps you should take your own advice and go read something so that you can know the difference between radiation in the radio frequencies and radiation in the thermal frequencies.

Who claimed the radio telescopes we're talking about detected IR radiation? They detect radio waves.

...it is possible to receive radio signals via resonance frequency when the actual radio signal is to weak to be received by the receiving antenna..

Do you have a source that better explains these magically detectable "too weak to be received" signals?

detection of CMB by radio telescope in no way proves that energy can move from cooler objects to warmer objects.

Radio waves moving from very cold matter through the very warm atmosphere doesn't prove radiation can move from cold to warmer objects? What does it prove?

Who claimed the radio telescopes we're talking about detected IR radiation? They detect radio waves.{?quote]

The very same idiots who claimed that CMB actually contacted the warmer receiver.

Do you have a source that better explains these magically detectable "too weak to be received" signals?

Take your own advice and find your own....or wallow in your ignorance....it doesn't matter to me. I have grown quite tired of your tedium....

Why would you assume that the instrument is on the surface of the earth and not in orbit>

Because the guys who won the Nobel Prize had a ground based receiver.

A ground based radio telescope...incapable of detecting thermal radiation which is what CMB is....

See you later toddster...you have grown to tedious to talk to....you make no points...twist what has been said into statements that no longer resemble the original intent and in general are not interesting....if I want to talk to a 5 year old who isn't able to adequately hold up his side of the conversation...I have a grandson whom I like far better than you to talk to. When you have progressed far enough in your socialization to actually keep up your end of a conversation rather than misrepresent everything you read....let me know. Perhaps we can talk again sometime in the future.

HolmdelHorn.jpg

the horn antenna used to discover the CBR and win a serendipitous Nobel for Penxxxxxx and Wilson. I dont see any liquid helium tanks, hahahahahaha.

HolmdelHorn.jpg

the horn antenna used to discover the CBR and win a serendipitous Nobel for Penxxxxxx and Wilson. I dont see any liquid helium tanks, hahahahahaha.

You don't see a device that actually detected CMB either....you see a device that detected a resonance radio frequency which indicated the existence of CMB. Why be deliberately dishonest Ian? Surely you grasp the thread of the conversation...why be dishonest when it really wan't necessary?

you said the detector had to be at a lower 'temperature' than the radiation it was detecting. I call bullshit. CCDs also measure wavelengths that are 'colder' than the instrument containing the CCD. if anyone is being dishonest, it is you.

Who claimed the radio telescopes we're talking about detected IR radiation? They detect radio waves.{?quote]

The very same idiots who claimed that CMB actually contacted the warmer receiver.

Take your own advice and find your own....or wallow in your ignorance....it doesn't matter to me. I have grown quite tired of your tedium....

Do you have a real source that backs your claim that they didn't actually receive CMB at the Earth based antenna?

I have grown quite tired of your tedium....

I understand. Having your errors exposed must be very tiring for you. Maybe you should stop making them?

Smart photons, smart photons all the way down. Now that sounds more modern than turtles.

SSDD, you are an embarrassment even to the deniers.

Because the guys who won the Nobel Prize had a ground based receiver.

A ground based radio telescope...incapable of detecting thermal radiation which is what CMB is....

See you later toddster...you have grown to tedious to talk to....you make no points...twist what has been said into statements that no longer resemble the original intent and in general are not interesting....if I want to talk to a 5 year old who isn't able to adequately hold up his side of the conversation...I have a grandson whom I like far better than you to talk to. When you have progressed far enough in your socialization to actually keep up your end of a conversation rather than misrepresent everything you read....let me know. Perhaps we can talk again sometime in the future.

Matter at a few degrees above absolute zero emits what type of radiation?

if I want to talk to a 5 year old who isn't able to adequately hold up his side of the conversation

You'd talk to yourself.

Smart photons, smart photons all the way down. Now that sounds more modern than turtles.

SSDD, you are an embarrassment even to the deniers.

And yet....every observation ever made supports my position. The luke warmers should be embarrassed....they believe in the same magic as you....unobservable...unmeasurable...untestable.....................fantasy.

you said the detector had to be at a lower 'temperature' than the radiation it was detecting. I call bullshit. CCDs also measure wavelengths that are 'colder' than the instrument containing the CCD. if anyone is being dishonest, it is you.

Actually what I said was....."One can measure actual CMB but one must have an instrument that detects thermal radiation and that instrument must be cooled to a temperature below 2.7K"....but what is a bit of alteration of someone's actual statement...if you are going to be dishonest....may as well go all the way....right?

As to CCD's measuring wavelengths colder than the instrument itself....bullshit. You must first consider the source of the radiation coming from the object that the CCD is measuring...is it reflected light?....what is the temperature of the source. Put the CCD and the cooler object in a dark room and then tell me how much the CCD records....

Actually what I said was....."One can measure actual CMB but one must have an instrument that detects thermal radiation and that instrument must be cooled to a temperature below 2.7K"....but what is a bit of alteration of someone's actual statement...if you are going to be dishonest....may as well go all the way....right?

As to CCD's measuring wavelengths colder than the instrument itself....bullshit. You must first consider the source of the radiation coming from the object that the CCD is measuring...is it reflected light?....what is the temperature of the source. Put the CCD and the cooler object in a dark room and then tell me how much the CCD records....
How quickly you forget SSDD this is what I posted way back on page 56 of this thread.

bolometer : definition of bolometer

"Bolometers directly detect thermal radiation. For submillimeter wavelengths, bolometers are among the most sensitive available detectors, and are therefore used for astronomy at these wavelengths. To achieve the best sensitivity, they must be cooled to a fraction of a degree above absolute zero (typically from 50 millikelvins to 300 mK).
Notable examples of bolometers employed in submillimeter astronomy include the
Herschel Space Observatory, the James Clerk Maxwell Telescope, and the Stratospheric Observatory for Infrared Astronomy(SOFIA)."

Since bolometers directly detect radiated heat, they are not dependent on the narrow band masers that can detect only a single frequency at a time. And since they are much colder than the incoming radiation there should be no problem detecting the CMB at 2.7 K

That is an example of a Radio telescope that does directly detect IR radiation. What do you think of that?

CQz2LnCUkAICrjA.jpg:small

Another month gone and no global rise.. No hottest month ev'a according to satellites (both UAH and RSS have this in the mid range)

Oh, who to believe, an anonymous poster on a 'Conservative' message board, or NASA and NOAA. Such difficult choices.

Forum List

Back