Climate Change Deniers Are Lying

It's great to see our education system turn out people who simply say

"You are lying."

I have yet to see anything that supports the claim yet.

Me, I am undecided.

But I get a little sick of people wasting bandwidth with these constant tripe chants.
The Carbon Dioxide Greenhouse Effect

In the 19th century, scientists realized that gases in the atmosphere cause a "greenhouse effect" which affects the planet's temperature. These scientists were interested chiefly in the possibility that a lower level of carbon dioxide gas might explain the ice ages of the distant past. At the turn of the century, Svante Arrhenius calculated that emissions from human industry might someday bring a global warming. Other scientists dismissed his idea as faulty. In 1938, G.S. Callendar argued that the level of carbon dioxide was climbing and raising global temperature, but most scientists found his arguments implausible. It was almost by chance that a few researchers in the 1950s discovered that global warming truly was possible. In the early 1960s, C.D. Keeling measured the level of carbon dioxide in the atmosphere: it was rising fast. Researchers began to take an interest, struggling to understand how the level of carbon dioxide had changed in the past, and how the level was influenced by chemical and biological forces. They found that the gas plays a crucial role in climate change, so that the rising level could gravely affect our future. (This essay covers only developments relating directly to carbon dioxide, with a separate essay for Other Greenhouse Gases. Theories are discussed in the essay on Simple Models of Climate.

The American Institute of Physics is simply the biggest Scientific Society in the world. This site has many links to information and papers concerning the climate. It is not a blog by undegreed people with no credentials, but a site put together by real working scientists.
We can hope that one day climate change deniers will be held accountable as the criminals they are.
Arrest Climate-Change Deniers

Careful, the deniers have more guns than you.

But the truth has never been proved from the barrel of a gun. Those who live by the gun, will die by the gun - a very fitting end.

Climate change deniers lie about everything all the time, they can't do anything else.
Google Company stops funding ALEC over climate change denial.

It's disconcerting that in 1978, the first Superman movie came out featuring leaders of a planet saying much the same things we hear leaders saying now denying climate change.

"FIRST ELDER
No. I'm sorry, Jor-El, but the decision of
the Elders is unanimous.

ON JOR-EL, Handsome, intelligent man; great intensity about him.

JOR-EL
(leaning forward, passionately)
But you can't ignore these facts!
(gesturing toward the
equations inside the black table)
It's suicide! Worse than that, it's genocide.

FIRST ELDER
Jor-El, Be warned. This tone of
yours approaches insolence.

JOR-EL
(a more reasonable tone)
My friends, I am not a rash, impulsive person.
I'm not given to wild, unsupported statements.
We must evacuate this planet immediately!

FIRST ELDER
You are one of Krypton's greatest
scientists Jor-El -

JOR-EL
Then -

FIRST ELDER
But so is Vond-El

VOND-EL
Thank you...
(to Jor-El)
And it isn't that we question
your data. The facts are undeniable.
(gesturing towards the
figures inside the table)
It's your conclusions we find
insupportable

JOR-EL
(excited)
I tell you this planet will
explode in thirty days.

VOND-EL
And I tell you that Krypton is simply
shifting its orbit

JOR-EL
You ask me to stand by while every man ,
woman, and child are destroyed.
"
http://www.supermanhomepage.com/movies/superman_original.txt

Then as expected, Krypton blows up. I just hope that in our case, life doesn't imitate art...

"You are lying."

Me, I am undecided.

But I get a little sick of people wasting bandwidth with these constant tripe chants.

In the 19th century, scientists realized that gases in the atmosphere cause a "greenhouse effect" which affects the planet's temperature. These scientists were interested chiefly in the possibility that a lower level of carbon dioxide gas might explain the ice ages of the distant past. At the turn of the century, Svante Arrhenius calculated that emissions from human industry might someday bring a global warming. Other scientists dismissed his idea as faulty. In 1938, G.S. Callendar argued that the level of carbon dioxide was climbing and raising global temperature, but most scientists found his arguments implausible. It was almost by chance that a few researchers in the 1950s discovered that global warming truly was possible. In the early 1960s, C.D. Keeling measured the level of carbon dioxide in the atmosphere: it was rising fast. Researchers began to take an interest, struggling to understand how the level of carbon dioxide had changed in the past, and how the level was influenced by chemical and biological forces. They found that the gas plays a crucial role in climate change, so that the rising level could gravely affect our future. (This essay covers only developments relating directly to carbon dioxide, with a separate essay for Other Greenhouse Gases. Theories are discussed in the essay on Simple Models of Climate.

The American Institute of Physics is simply the biggest Scientific Society in the world. This site has many links to information and papers concerning the climate. It is not a blog by undegreed people with no credentials, but a site put together by real working scientists.
We can hope that one day climate change deniers will be held accountable as the criminals they are.

But the truth has never been proved from the barrel of a gun. Those who live by the gun, will die by the gun - a very fitting end.

Truth? Was does that have to do with the "Arrest the deniers" assclowns"?

"You are lying."

Me, I am undecided.

We can hope, but the power elite is rife with polluters, as is the congress with biddable members whose life-blood, campaign bribes, helps them keep their job.
But gee whiz, how could that be? How, when deniers all know in their hearts, that a conspiracy of scientists and governments prevents virtuous multi national corporations from getting the real truth out. Because energy corporations have no interest in trying to shape the narrative.

"You are lying."

Me, I am undecided.

I doubt that, deniers are a minority.

"You are lying."

Me, I am undecided.

I doubt that, deniers are a minority.

Right, minority. How many votes did Kyoto get in the US Senate again?

Climate change deniers lie about everything all the time, they can't do anything else.

It's disconcerting that in 1978, the first Superman movie came out featuring leaders of a planet saying much the same things we hear leaders saying now denying climate change.

"FIRST ELDER
the Elders is unanimous.

JOR-EL
(gesturing toward the

FIRST ELDER

JOR-EL
(a more reasonable tone)

FIRST ELDER
scientists Jor-El -

JOR-EL
Then -

FIRST ELDER
But so is Vond-El

VOND-EL
Thank you...
(to Jor-El)
(gesturing towards the
insupportable

JOR-EL
(excited)
explode in thirty days.

VOND-EL
shifting its orbit

JOR-EL
"

Then as expected, Krypton blows up. I just hope that in our case, life doesn't imitate art...
again, who is denying climate change? name someone on here.

"You are lying."

Me, I am undecided.

We can hope, but the power elite is rife with polluters, as is the congress with biddable members whose life-blood, campaign bribes, helps them keep their job.

CO2 is a pollutant?

What a fucking moron. So you're a polluter

"You are lying."

Me, I am undecided.

All right you lying sack of shit... Provided the data, method, and math which shows how you determined mans contribution and how that contribution has affected the planet. Hell, Even the IPCC recognizes that 65-75% of the rise is from natural causes and not man made...

Lets see some real science from you for once.

"You are lying."

Me, I am undecided.

All right you lying sack of shit... Provided the data, method, and math which shows how you determined mans contribution and how that contribution has affected the planet. Hell, Even the IPCC recognizes that 65-75% of the rise is from natural causes and not man made...

Lets see some real science from you for once.
he has mountains of it. I laugh everyday when I read that shit. mountains and thousands of pieces of evidence. EVIDENCE and never ever posts shit. never. Famous line is I already did and you all boofooed it. yeah right.

"FIRST ELDER
the Elders is unanimous.

JOR-EL
(gesturing toward the

FIRST ELDER

JOR-EL
(a more reasonable tone)

FIRST ELDER
scientists Jor-El -

JOR-EL
Then -

FIRST ELDER
But so is Vond-El

VOND-EL
Thank you...
(to Jor-El)
(gesturing towards the
insupportable

JOR-EL
(excited)
explode in thirty days.

VOND-EL
shifting its orbit

JOR-EL
"

again, who is denying climate change? name someone on here.

Don't try to be clever, it doesn't suit you. The Oceans are warming creating a new normal - droughts and violent storms. As more glacial ice melts, less solar energy is reflected. How much of this warming is related to human behavior? That's the debate.

Deniers have no clue and offer nothing substantive or credible to explain another alternative. It's obvious that the callous conservatives are allmost to the person deniers. If someone doesn't give a shit for those alive today, why expect they would care for others yet to be born.

"You are lying."

Me, I am undecided.

CO2 is a pollutant?

CF, I know you're a partisan hack, why do you continue to prove you're that and dumb as a box of rocks too?

The very first time you learned about carbon dioxide was probably in grade school: We breathe in oxygen and breathe out carbon dioxide. Any eight-year-old can rattle off this fact.

It should come as no surprise that, when confronted with the challenge of reducing our carbon emissions from the burning of fossil fuels, some people angrily proclaim, "Why should we bother? Even breathing out creates carbon emissions!"

This statement fails to take into account the other half of the carbon cycle. As you also learned in grade school, plants are the opposite to animals in this respect: Throughphotosynthesis, they take in carbon dioxide and release oxygen, in a chemical equation opposite to the one above. (They also perform some respiration, because they need to eat as well, but it is outweighed by the photosynthesis.) The carbon they collect from the CO2 in the air forms their tissues - roots, stems, leaves, and fruit.

These tissues form the base of the food chain, as they are eaten by animals, which are eaten by other animals, and so on. As humans, we are part of this food chain. All the carbon in our body comes either directly or indirectly from plants, which took it out of the air only recently.

Does breathing contribute to CO2 buildup in the atmosphere

"You are lying."

Me, I am undecided.

CO2 is a pollutant?

You're polluting the atmosphere when the CO2 comes from your pie hole.

Google is a left wing funded agency of the US government. Googel has been manipulating their systems for years deleting links to science that is troublesome for the liars..

Another EPIC FAIL by the Natural Climate deniers...

What? You two got your ass handed to you in the last lie thread you needed to try lying again?

Funny when someone ^^^ makes allegations (left wing, government funded, deleting links to science) sans evidence and examples. Typical post by a member of the crazy right wing, taken seriously only by other members of the crazy right wing.

Explain to me how the OP is anything but that.

This was from his article...making reference to an Inhofe (a moron in his own right):

"a statement that makes my eyes roll back so far in my head that I can see the back of my skull."

Is the author admitting that there is nothing between his eyes and the back of his skull ?

Sure seems like it. What a pathetic article.

"You are lying."

Me, I am undecided.

I think that was his point....or did I miss something ?

If you go to arrest them, you'll probably have guns (or someone will get a good laugh). If they have bigger guns....you'll die by the gun.

A fitting end indeed.

Forum List

Back