CO2 is used to keep things COLD

So, honestly, I do not understand ...

Problem identified.
Yea, problem identified, Matted Joybeard is nothing more than a liar and a troll, how about it cherry picker, seems there are rules against hacking a quote thus attributing something to someone that they did not say, how about I flag your comment as to against the rules and have a mod come over and give you a nice warning.

"So, honestly, I do not understand the point you made, maybe you could rephrase your statement, no biggie either way."

I guess you simply ain't got the brains to join a conversation.

CO2 is used to cool, CO2 is Dry Ice. You can not live without CO2, I know, facts are hard to argue with, are they not.

Elektra, why don't you ask Westwall or SSDD or IanC to explain

p1V1/T1 = p2V2/T2

Crick, why don't you explain why there is no way to measure heat emitted from CO2 in the atmosphere, hence there is no way to prove the theory of Global Warming being driven by CO2.

Hell, last I checked there is zero experiments which used a concentration of CO2 in the atmosphere, where they measured an increase in temperature within the concentration of CO2.

Seems simple, why have the great Scientists not done this simple experiment.

Hell, why does Duke University exclude the temperature data from experiments with elevated levels of CO2?

How come Industry does not use CO2 to heat things? Or why do we not insulate with CO2?

CO2 likes to be cold, CO2 is not hotter than the environment it finds itself in.
Man, ya just gotta love this kind of magnificent understanding of basic science! CO2 likes to be cold. By God, that is absolutely classic.
Old Crock, at least you understand your intelligence limitation thus limit your posts to flaming and trolling.

Dry Ice is CO2, how come?

So, honestly, I do not understand ...

Problem identified.
Yea, problem identified..

Just pointing out the most salient point you've made this thread.

yA7ZS6K.gif

Yep.

Good lord, Ms Elektra, did you not consider checking the sanity meter before posting that one? As bad as is the idea that CO2 will cool the Earth, the idea that we will all starve from lack of bread if we reduce emissions, I find even worse.
Ahhh, Facts hurt, huh Crick?

Crick, Industry is used to manufacture our food, how about telling us how we can eat without Industry?
Yes, CO2 cools things, even in our atmosphere, of course there is Crick's unproven theory with zero experiments, but still, Crick, your idea that we could feed the planet without industry is pure nonsense.

You could always grow your friggin own. People do it every day.
So what, if you could take your head out of the sand, you would realize that the people who live in cities could not grow their own food.

Get it, the world needs industry to supply food. We are speaking of something a little bigger than what one individual can do, we are speaking of what is needed today, to supply food to people who live in cities.

Now if you are speaking of me individually, that I could grow my own food on the 168 acres I sit on, I would have to tell you that you are ignorant. I can not grow my own food, I work supplying you with ELECTRICITY so I am not home in the spring, I have a job that you depend on, unless of course you found a magic way to supply your needs of electricity, without any industry.

Of course, we need modern ways to produce our food, but that's not what this thread is about. You made a silly claim about CO2 supposedly cooling our environment. That was wrong, and you should just admit you read some little bit of information and took the wrong conclusion from it. We've all done that, but only an idiot would just keep defending an indefensible post after all the corrections you have received. This is why people laugh at right wingers and say they are dumb. Grow up and quit embarrassing yourself.

Yep.

Good lord, Ms Elektra, did you not consider checking the sanity meter before posting that one? As bad as is the idea that CO2 will cool the Earth, the idea that we will all starve from lack of bread if we reduce emissions, I find even worse.

Crick, Industry is used to manufacture our food, how about telling us how we can eat without Industry?
Yes, CO2 cools things, even in our atmosphere, of course there is Crick's unproven theory with zero experiments, but still, Crick, your idea that we could feed the planet without industry is pure nonsense.

So what, if you could take your head out of the sand, you would realize that the people who live in cities could not grow their own food.

Get it, the world needs industry to supply food. We are speaking of something a little bigger than what one individual can do, we are speaking of what is needed today, to supply food to people who live in cities.

Now if you are speaking of me individually, that I could grow my own food on the 168 acres I sit on, I would have to tell you that you are ignorant. I can not grow my own food, I work supplying you with ELECTRICITY so I am not home in the spring, I have a job that you depend on, unless of course you found a magic way to supply your needs of electricity, without any industry.

Oh dear. You didn't get the memo? Many people in cities DO grow their own food. And have for quite a while. I never said that they are independent of the market. Industrial farms, particularly in the Midwest, grow primarily feed grains, such as corn fodder, the bulk of which is nearly indigestible to the animals for which they were intended, but does fatten them up for the market rather nicely right before it burns a hole in their guts and they die horrible deaths. And the bottom line is, after all, the primary goal of your industrial farms, not feeding the world.

Yep.

Oh dear. You didn't get the memo? Many people in cities DO grow their own food. And have for quite a while. I never said that they are independent of the market. Industrial farms, particularly in the Midwest, grow primarily feed grains, such as corn fodder, the bulk of which is nearly indigestible to the animals for which they were intended, but does fatten them up for the market rather nicely right before it burns a hole in their guts and they die horrible deaths. And the bottom line is, after all, the primary goal of your industrial farms, not feeding the world.
Oh my, you did not get a brain? You believe Manhattan or Los Angeles can and do grow all the food they need? You believe this is possible?

Corn fodder? You do not know what you are talking about, its called Silage, its what those big SILOs are used for.

The primary goal of the industrial farms is not to feed the World? I guess them cows is just for looking at, and the corn used in corn flakes comes from the corn fairies. And where does rice come from? Or milk? I guess they grow rice on the rooftops in China Town? Right?

The bottom line, your post is pretty good, fodder!

Yep.

Of course, we need modern ways to produce our food, but that's not what this thread is about. You made a silly claim about CO2 supposedly cooling our environment. That was wrong, and you should just admit you read some little bit of information and took the wrong conclusion from it. We've all done that, but only an idiot would just keep defending an indefensible post after all the corrections you have received. This is why people laugh at right wingers and say they are dumb. Grow up and quit embarrassing yourself.
I made no such claim, CO2 is used to keep things cool, this thread is specifically about the Industrial use of CO2. The example I used was in the industrial production of Bread. CO2 is used as Cryogenic. That means extremely cold.

Anyhow, if you think its too hot you could sit on a block of CO2, they sell it as DRY ICE!

The only people that laugh at us, are idiots, morons, political hacks, you are no different than those people in the past who laughed and made fun of black people. You are the same person that called black people dumb. You see, your type never goes away, they just find something new to hate. Bigots never disappear, as you prove. The OP is clearly about CO2 being used in industry because its cold.

So political you are, so full of ideology, so stupid and foolish, you did not even take the time to read the OP, saying something good about CO2 must be stopped at all costs yes? Too bad you can't still hang people from under the cover of a White Sheet. I believe you would.

Fact is, CO2 is some super cold stuff.

Yep.

Oh my, you did not get a brain? You believe Manhattan or Los Angeles can and do grow all the food they need? You believe this is possible?

What part of "I never said that they are independent of the market" escaped your notice?

I made no such claim, CO2 is used to keep things cool, this thread is specifically about the Industrial use of CO2. The example I used was in the industrial production of Bread. CO2 is used as Cryogenic. That means extremely cold.

Actually, it is liquid nitrogen which is used as cryogenic because it is so much colder. Nitrogen is the most common element in our atmosphere. The problem I have with your argument is the failure to understand the nature of elements and compounds in general. Yes, CO2 can be used to cool things, just as nitrogen, freon, oxygen or just plain old air. This does not mean these elements or compounds once released into the atmosphere, are out there continuing to make things cool. Their state changes, carbon dioxide becomes a gas at a certain temperature.

The argument for climate change is centered around the effects of increased CO2 in the atmosphere, which does contribute to the greenhouse effect. However, we need the greenhouse effect, without it there would be no life on earth. It enables our relative air pressure and temperature. The fear of the warmers is that CO2 is causing too much of the greenhouse effect.

Ok....A show of hands.... How many students in any junior high science class can explain why the OP is making a stupid comparison between pressurized CO2 use in this application and the effects of CO2 in the atmosphere? All of them? Good .
Bad analogy. Most junior high students can't count change without a calculator.

Actually, it is liquid nitrogen which is used as cryogenic because it is so much colder. Nitrogen is the most common element in our atmosphere. The problem I have with your argument is the failure to understand the nature of elements and compounds in general. Yes, CO2 can be used to cool things, just as nitrogen, freon, oxygen or just plain old air. This does not mean these elements or compounds once released into the atmosphere, are out there continuing to make things cool. Their state changes, carbon dioxide becomes a gas at a certain temperature.

The argument for climate change is centered around the effects of increased CO2 in the atmosphere, which does contribute to the greenhouse effect. However, we need the greenhouse effect, without it there would be no life on earth. It enables our relative air pressure and temperature. The fear of the warmers is that CO2 is causing too much of the greenhouse effect.

CO2 in the atmosphere, which does contribute to the greenhouse effect.

maybe

most likely not

CO2 is a great conductor of heat

if you are looking for the great blanket in the atmosphere

that keeps us warm look at the poor conductors great insulators

like nitrogen and H2O for example

I know its an ugly fact for many of the idiots, but CO2 is used to Cool things. From what I read in the threads, people are actually arguing you can use CO2 to heat the earth, and they claim they know Science, they even claim Scientists support their bizarre ideas.

CO2 is used in industry to control the quality while making breads, which gives us better food, meaning we can feed more people. Democrats in California have taxed the use of CO2, as a pollutant?

Flour Dough Cooling Systems for the Baking Industry Praxair Inc.

Ok....A show of hands.... How many students in any junior high science class can explain why the OP is making a stupid comparison between pressurized CO2 use in this application and the effects of CO2 in the atmosphere? All of them? Good .
Ha, Ha, your Junior High class? Any day, explain away, go ahead, explain the magic that can not be observed in our atmosphere, go ahead and explain how its fact, not some "theory", by a minority of "scientists".

Go ahead, tell us how you Jr. High class took theory and taught you it as fact.

It will be a first in these threads, a first in the World, so go ahead.

OK....First, the cooling gained by injecting CO2 is gained from the venture effect of the injection nozzle, and not by any specific property of the CO2. The passive cooling part of this link should help you.
Ventilation passive cooling ventilation strategies wind tower venturi effect stack effect Manimegalai Arch - Academia.edu
Thermal effects of CO2 in the atmosphere are well known as well. Perhaps you have heard of The Greenhouse Effect
The Carbon Dioxide Greenhouse Effect

Just because you are not aware of these things that have been well known for a very long time, doesn't mean they are not very well known.
Help yourself, do more google searches, its obvious you had to turn to google just to reply, so what exactly do you understand, without a google link, and if your links only link to your preconceived idea, in which you googled, of course your, illogical conclusion, is reinforced.

With a bit more of an education, and a lot more logical thinking, you would of provided me the .pdf of Tyndall's work. A far more interesting and relevant post.

Did Tyndall study CO2 in the atmosphere as you unwittingly believe, the answer is no. I say unwittingly because you most likely fail to realize the faults in which your understanding is based on.

First and foremost, is Tyndall did not study CO2 in the atmosphere, as it exists in the, "ether".

So how about explaining to us how electromagnetic waves travel through the, "ether". After all, this is what Tyndall based his work on.

So many faults in which the unproven, global warming Theory is based on.

Theory is not fact, look it up in google.

You are pretty far out there. I did do a little google search to find a couple of simple explanations you might understand, but that information is pretty much common knowledge among anyone who has ever opened a book anyway. Obviously, your mind is made up, so I won't confuse you with facts anymore. Believe what you want. Just get used to being called an idiot when you spout your silly ideas. I have always believed that a mind is a terrible thing to waste, but in your case, I'll go with W's famous take on that phrase
It's terrible to loose ones mind.
who is calling him an idiot other than those who have no idea the facts of CO2? So your only argument to use is to call names! typical leftist position when the facts are missing.

so do you have an experiment that shows that an increase of CO2 does anything to temperature? Just one that whows adding CO2 increases temperatures? One?

Yep.

Anyhow, if you think its too hot you could sit on a block of CO2, they sell it as DRY ICE!

The only people that laugh at us, are idiots, morons, political hacks, you are no different than those people in the past who laughed and made fun of black people. You are the same person that called black people dumb. You see, your type never goes away, they just find something new to hate. Bigots never disappear, as you prove. The OP is clearly about CO2 being used in industry because its cold.

So political you are, so full of ideology, so stupid and foolish, you did not even take the time to read the OP, saying something good about CO2 must be stopped at all costs yes? Too bad you can't still hang people from under the cover of a White Sheet. I believe you would.

OK. Then you say this thread is only about the fact that CO2 is sometimes used to cool things. Perhaps I was thrown off by your statement

From what I read in the threads, people are actually arguing you can use CO2 to heat the earth, and they claim they know Science, they even claim Scientists support their bizarre ideas.

Of course CO2 has an effect on raising the temperature of the earth. Only an idiot would say differently. I can't see any problem with your claim that it is sometimes used for small scale cooling as well.

Yep.

OK. Then you say this thread is only about the fact that CO2 is sometimes used to cool things. Perhaps I was thrown off by your statement

From what I read in the threads, people are actually arguing you can use CO2 to heat the earth, and they claim they know Science, they even claim Scientists support their bizarre ideas.

Of course CO2 has an effect on raising the temperature of the earth. Only an idiot would say differently. I can't see any problem with your claim that it is sometimes used for small scale cooling as well.

Forum List

Back