🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Coincidence or proof of liberal ineptness?

Remodeling Maidiac

Diamond Member
Jun 13, 2011
Kansas City
When natural disasters strike I've noticed a stark difference in the response & recovery efforts depending on what side of the political spectrum the local officials are.
A lot of chaos seems to insue when the left controls the areas affected. Incidently when that happens they always find a way to blame it on higher ups at the federal level.

Case in point Rderps thread crying about all the resources sitting on the docks rather than being distributed inland. He blames that on Trump. HERE'S WHAT HE DOESN'T TELL YOU.
Fema has already distributed all of its relief supplies and the stuff sitting on the docks is commercial & private containers that do not belong to the government.
But rderp being the leftist hack he is may not even know that because all he listens to is leftist hate.

But I digress, is it a coincidence that the areas that struggle to recover the most are almost always governed by lefties?

Last edited:
When natural disasters strike I've noticed a stark difference in the response & recovery efforts depending on what side of the political spectrum the local officials are.
A lot of chaos seems to insue when the left controls the areas affected. Incidently when that happens they always find a way to blame it on higher ups at the federal level.
Case in point Rderps thread crying about all the resources sitting on the docks rather than being distributed inland. He blames that on Trump. HERE'S WHAT HE DOESN'T TELL YOU.
Fema has already distributed all of its relief supplies and the stuff sitting on the docks is commercial & private containers that do not belong to the government.
But rderp being the leftist hack he is may not even know that because all he listens to is leftist hate.

But I digress, is it a coincidence that the areas that struggle to recover the most are almost always governed by lefties?

You seem to struggle with cause and effect

Poor areas of the country tend to elect Democrats because Republicans will do nothing for them
They elect Democrats because they are poor........they are NOT poor because they elect Democrats

• Banned

Poor areas of the country tend to elect Democrats because Republicans will do nothing for them
They elect Democrats because they are poor........they are NOT poor because they elect Democrats
The poor areas have been poor for a hundred years. Is that because of Democrat rule or in spite of it? How many decades or centuries do you need to fix the issues?

I thought you loons said red states are the poorest? How can that be if they are electing demoquacks? They'd be blue

I think you're thinking in terms of politics as the over riding factor in all circumstances may be once again all wrong. Seeking to blame one party or one political philosophy for the woes of the victims of natural disaster leaves many actual causes ignored just so a political answer might be hammered into the round hole of square peg reality.

Transportation and all that goes along with that, from access to passable roads to fuel to drivers and trucks is to blame. Roads damaged by debris and mudslides aren't the fault of politics. The fault is the storm. Fuel supplies, given the fact that this is an island where power generation stations were thrashed by the storm and emergency generators happen to burn the same fuel as trucks. Communications, cell towers, telephones ne lines are all decimated, yet you seek to blame politics.

The storm, gentlemen! Blame the storm!

The poor areas have been poor for a hundred years. Is that because of Democrat rule or in spite of it? How many decades or centuries do you need to fix the issues?

Lets look at Appalachia
Been poor for hundreds of years. Hillbillies and dirt farmers who didn't have electricity till 50 years ago

They vote Republican. Are they poor and on generational welfare because they vote Republican or because they live in an area with a depressed economy?

People in our urban areas were not always poor
Many moved to the cities for manufacturing jobs in the 40s and 50s
When those jobs evaporated, the people working those jobs were left behind

It is the fault of the Capitalists who used up the resources and then abandoned the cities not the Democrats who were left to try to take care of them

• Banned

Lets look at Appalachia
Been poor for hundreds of years. Hillbillies and dirt farmers who didn't have electricity till 50 years ago

They vote Republican. Are they poor and on generational welfare because they vote Republican or because they live in an area with a depressed economy?

You're not helping yourself. New Orleans is a massive tourist area. Puerto Rico is also a tourist destination. Yet the local politicians squander their natural resources and the financial revenue it provides them.
Hillbillies live in the middle of nowhere with no source of income.

I think you're thinking in terms of politics as the over riding factor in all circumstances may be once again all wrong. Seeking to blame one party or one political philosophy for the woes of the victims of natural disaster leaves many actual causes ignored just so a political answer might be hammered into the round hole of square peg reality.

Transportation and all that goes along with that, from access to passable roads to fuel to drivers and trucks is to blame. Roads damaged by debris and mudslides aren't the fault of politics. The fault is the storm. Fuel supplies, given the fact that this is an island where power generation stations were thrashed by the storm and emergency generators happen to burn the same fuel as trucks. Communications, cell towers, telephones ne lines are all decimated, yet you seek to blame politics.

The storm, gentlemen! Blame the storm!
You are correct but emergency management falls to the politicians. Those politicians are failing the people.

Lets look at Appalachia

You're not helping yourself. New Orleans is a massive tourist area. Puerto Rico is also a tourist destination. Yet the local politicians squander their natural resources and the financial revenue it provides them.

The people of Puerto Rico see very little of that tourism money. Most goes to corporations

Lets look at Appalachia

And......what happens to massive tourist areas and the service employees when natural disasters strike?

Lets look at Appalachia

And......what happens to massive tourist areas and the service employees when natural disasters strike?
It falls apart because DEMOCRATS squandered all the money and failed to be prepared for the Inevidible

Lets look at Appalachia

Bullshit! You can't just make up your own facts because you feel like it. Appalachia has traditionally voted for Democrats, hence the lingering poverty they've had for decades. You can refuse to believe me, so I've provided one of your own leftist sources, thinkprogress.org

Appalachia Used To Be A Democratic Stronghold. Here’s How To Make It One Again.

"Appalachia’s ties to the Democratic Party go back decades — especially in West Virginia, which only voted for a Republican presidential candidate twice from 1960 to 2000 (it went red in 1972 and 1984, elections where the Republican candidate carried 49 out of 50 states). The state has also voted for a Democratic Senator every year since 1960, and consistently elected Democratic House members until 2010."

Why do poor people constantly expect the government to do for them. Why don't they do for themselves for a change?

Yet they remain poor after having elected Democrats for years.

On the national level, there are 63 congressional districts where more than 20% use food stamps. 54 are represented by Democrats. Many of them are gerrymandered to have a majority minority (usually a black majority). 6 of those districts where >20% food stamp users reside are in my State and the States directly north and south of me. 5 of those districts are Blue and all 5 of the blue ones have black representatives and either a black majority or damn near a black majority. Sad part is they've been poor districts for years and continue to elect democrats.

Lets look at Appalachia

It falls apart because DEMOCRATS squandered all the money and failed to be prepared for the Inevidible
Have you ever been to Puerto Rico? I have. I lived there for a year and a half. I had a project at the Naval Air Station Roosevelt Roads on the northeast side of the island.

Puerto Rico is roughly the size of Connecticut. But it's really more like West Virginia with palm trees. Population centers are strung along the coastline like pearls while the interior is mountainous with only a few main highways bisecting The island north and south. Everything else, transportation wise is two lane mountain roads.

It makes me wonder how someone without first hand knowledge of the situation can conclude that the "Democrats squandered all the money and failed to be prepared for the Inevidible (sic)". That sounds like political,grandstanding,at the expense of the truth.

Lets look at Appalachia

Have you ever been to Puerto Rico? I have. I lived there for a year and a half. I had a project at the Naval Air Station Roosevelt Roads on the northeast side of the island.

Puerto Rico is roughly the size of Connecticut. But it's really more like West Virginia with palm trees. Population centers are strung along the coastline like pearls while the interior is mountainous with only a few main highways bisecting The island north and south. Everything else, transportation wise is two lane mountain roads.

It makes me wonder how someone without first hand knowledge of the situation can conclude that the "Democrats squandered all the money and failed to be prepared for the Inevidible (sic)". That sounds like political,grandstanding,at the expense of the truth.
Were they prepared? Did they have emergency supplies scattered around the island to be prepared for hurricane season? Stockpiles of bottled water? Canned rations? Batteries or fuel? Medical supplies? Emergency tents or propane stoves to boil water?

In case you hadn't noticed they are an island cut off from EVERYONE else and they are smack in the middle of normal hurricane paths every season.

So were they prepared? Are they governed by leftists?

"You're doing a heckuva job Brown-y"

Flood in Taxus, Trump is there immediately flying the Texas flag. Hurricane destroys Puerto Rico, Trump is tweeting about NFL players and how they shouldn't have free speech while telling Puerto Rico "yeah that is a problem, it's like, an island, way out in the Atlantic (no) so we won't be able to get there for a few months. Hope the people there like drinking sand and eating grass. Oh and Puerto Rico has a lot of debt so here's our chance to be sure their economy does not recover so they can never pay back the debt. I like people that don't have debt."

He must hate America and it's $20 trillion dollar debt then.

An orange piece racist of shit.

Lets look at Appalachia

Were they prepared? Did they have emergency supplies scattered around the island to be prepared for hurricane season? Stockpiles of bottled water? Canned rations? Batteries or fuel? Medical supplies? Emergency tents or propane stoves to boil water?

In case you hadn't noticed they are an island cut off from EVERYONE else and they are smack in the middle of normal hurricane paths every season.

So were they prepared? Are they governed by leftists?
Puerto Rico served as a way station for those beat up by Irma. Then, less than a fortnight later, Maria!

The best prepared would have been tested by this schedule.

You are a clown.

Forum List

Back