Colin Powell Exposed!

1. "O’Reilly Confronts Colin Powell In Wide-Ranging Interview On Obama And GOP’s Racial Politics

2. General Colin Powell has been very critical of the Republican party in recent years, and tonight he appeared on Bill O’Reilly‘s show to defend his criticisms of the GOP. O’Reilly grilled Powell on why he continues to support President Obama....made him defend his claim that the Republican party has a problem with minorities.

3. Powell explained to O’Reilly that he was put off in 2008 and 2012 by the economic plans proposed by the Republican campaigns.

4. ....saying that he is “troubled” by the rightward shift of the party and decided Obama was the “best choice” for the presidency.

5. O’Reilly pointed out that the economy under Obama has not been particularly kind to African-Americans. Powell said that overall the economy has improved,.....

6. ...suggesting that if they want to endear themselves to minorities, they cannot keep pushing for immigration and voter ID laws that adversely affect minority groups.

7. ...said he opposes “additional levels” of ID that would disenfranchise many people, while disputing the idea that voter fraud is a widespread problem.

8. O’Reilly more directly took on Powell over his claim that parts of the Republican party “still look down on minorities.” O’Reilly highlighted Powell’s criticisms of John Sununu and Sarah Palin for, respectively, calling Obama “lazy” and criticizing his “shuck and jive” on Benghazi. Powell clarified that he does not believe Sununu and Palin and racists,...."
O?Reilly Confronts Colin Powell In Wide-Ranging Interview On Obama And GOP?s Racial Politics | Mediaite

What a fraud!!!

How so?

His big criticism was the phrases “lazy” and “shuck and jive” ....but, heck, 'they're not racists!'
Then why are you painting 'em as racist????
And paint the party that gave him his singular accomplishments as racist....just to make sure Obama won the election.

And "Powell said that overall the economy has improved,.." then fate comes around and bites him in the butt: "U.S. economy contracts for first time since recession"- GDP report: U.S. economy contracts in the fourth quarter of 2012 - Jan. 30, 2013

....and this before Obama's payroll tax kicks in!!
Facts skewer Powell!

"...pushing for immigration and voter ID laws..."
Studies have shown that photo ID has no effect on minority turnout. Another Democrat talking point from Powell.

And a former National Security Adviser opposed to knowing who was coming across the border???

What a charlatan.

And he knows folks know it, he knows why he should be ashamed!
That's why he went on the O'Reilly show.

Who wants to be the first to tell the real reason for turncoat-Powell's behavior?

What a kookie post.

Powell wiped his A$$ w/O'Reilly's face the entire interview, he only started talking shat right after the segment to his RW guests.

lol!!! :lol:

You guys are funny.

1. "O’Reilly Confronts Colin Powell In Wide-Ranging Interview On Obama And GOP’s Racial Politics

2. General Colin Powell has been very critical of the Republican party in recent years, and tonight he appeared on Bill O’Reilly‘s show to defend his criticisms of the GOP. O’Reilly grilled Powell on why he continues to support President Obama....made him defend his claim that the Republican party has a problem with minorities.

3. Powell explained to O’Reilly that he was put off in 2008 and 2012 by the economic plans proposed by the Republican campaigns.

4. ....saying that he is “troubled” by the rightward shift of the party and decided Obama was the “best choice” for the presidency.

5. O’Reilly pointed out that the economy under Obama has not been particularly kind to African-Americans. Powell said that overall the economy has improved,.....

6. ...suggesting that if they want to endear themselves to minorities, they cannot keep pushing for immigration and voter ID laws that adversely affect minority groups.

7. ...said he opposes “additional levels” of ID that would disenfranchise many people, while disputing the idea that voter fraud is a widespread problem.

8. O’Reilly more directly took on Powell over his claim that parts of the Republican party “still look down on minorities.” O’Reilly highlighted Powell’s criticisms of John Sununu and Sarah Palin for, respectively, calling Obama “lazy” and criticizing his “shuck and jive” on Benghazi. Powell clarified that he does not believe Sununu and Palin and racists,...."
O?Reilly Confronts Colin Powell In Wide-Ranging Interview On Obama And GOP?s Racial Politics | Mediaite

What a fraud!!!

How so?

His big criticism was the phrases “lazy” and “shuck and jive” ....but, heck, 'they're not racists!'
And paint the party that gave him his singular accomplishments as racist....just to make sure Obama won the election.

And "Powell said that overall the economy has improved,.." then fate comes around and bites him in the butt: "U.S. economy contracts for first time since recession"- GDP report: U.S. economy contracts in the fourth quarter of 2012 - Jan. 30, 2013

Facts skewer Powell!

Studies have shown that photo ID has no effect on minority turnout. Another Democrat talking point from Powell.

And a former National Security Adviser opposed to knowing who was coming across the border???

What a charlatan.

Who wants to be the first to tell the real reason for turncoat-Powell's behavior?

What a kookie post.

Powell wiped his A$$ w/O'Reilly's face the entire interview, he only started talking shat right after the segment to his RW guests.

You guys are funny.

Probably the clearest indication that you know how bad Powell looked is the language in your post.

The vulgarity immediately points to an attempt to hide one's true feelings, as in the Wizard of Oz: "Don't look behind the curtain!"

True, Marc-ey?

I gave my analysis in the OP.....where's yours?
Let's see which holds up.

I saw the interview. I tape Bill-O's show and watch it everyday, or the next day.

Powell shot down every. single. weak point that Bill-O brought forward.

Only a partisan hack would see it as Bill-O "getting over" on Powell.

Silly Rabbit...tricks are for kids.

:lol: LoL!!!

I saw the interview. I tape Bill-O's show and watch it everyday, or the next day.

Powell shot down every. single. weak point that Bill-O brought forward.

Only a partisan hack would see it as Bill-O "getting over" on Powell.

Silly Rabbit...tricks are for kids.

:lol: LoL!!!

You miss the point....it wasn't a debate.

O'Reilly gave Powell important questions to answer, and any objective viewer saw how weak Powell's explanations, for turning on the folks who rewarded his efforts, were.

Again...I gave my critique of the insubstantial responses Powell provided.

The OP....tell me how strong his answers were compared to the truth, which I provided in post #10.

I am familiar with Powell's biography, woodie....and the claim by Bill Clinton that he achieved his rank as a result of affirmative action.....

No, I don't believe that is the case.

But this is: as happens to ever single black who espouses conservative views, or joins the Republican party, they are exposed to a level of vituperation a degree of magnitude greater than that heaped on white conservatives or Republicans.
Many come from their kin folk.

For some, this is more than they can bear. They say 'enough!' and try to make amends....

Zora Neale Hurston was right, “All your skin folks ain’t your kin folks. And all your color ain’t your kind!”
Hurston was a Republican who was generally sympathetic to the Old Right and a fan of Booker T. Washington's self-help politics. She disagreed with the philosophies (including Communism and the New Deal) supported by many of her colleagues in the Harlem Renaissance.

Seems Colin Powell isn't Zora Neale Hurston's kind.
You're answer doesn't prove a cotton-pickin thing aside from the fact that you are a bonifide RW hack and a kook.

Powell sited his credentials.

He servered under many Republicans, and served them well, and served them proudly, some might argue even to his own personal detriment.

He served his country.

He's voted Republican every time, up until McCain showed the world that was off his rockers, and that his VP chose was totally bat-shat crazy.

Powell sited the fact that he's been increasingly vocal of the direction the Republican Party has taken over the years, you can look them up (Google is your friend) and they went as far as now electing a sap like Romney.

No, it was too much for one to bear, so he sided with the man with the better vision for the country.

That you don't, can't and/or refuse to recognize is your problem, not anybody else's.

Snap out of your partisan, radical RW funk!

What a fraud!!!

How so?

Facts skewer Powell!

What a charlatan.

What a kookie post.

You guys are funny.

Colin Powell still thinks he is a Republican and believes that enforcing current immigration laws constitutes "NEW" laws aimed at minorities. Now, that is funny.

I like the way things are. You assholes are the ones trying to change it.

I bet that's exactly what Conservative, loyalist colonists said to our Liberal Founding Fathers!
thumbsup.gif
The Founding Fathers weren't Liberals.

They just knew oppression when they saw it.

You don't.
Are you feeling oppressed? :lol:

Look asshole, I never said he was lying. You were. Don't try to lay your crap on me.

He's ether prone to lying or he isn't. You can't forget about his testimony now that he's on your side.

You said he's a tainted witness. Why?
The aura of doubt.

You guys painted him as a liar. Now you want to believe him.

If he was a liar then chances are pretty good he's still a liar.

False. It was more like:

The Left/Moderates: "We can't believe Colin Powell is also trying to sell us this bogus war"

Colin Powell: "The administration is telling me that the intelligence is solid"

You said he's a tainted witness. Why?
The aura of doubt.

lol, beep beep beep, mudwhistle's backing up.
Only in your mind.

You want to continue with your double-standards while I'm simply holding my ground by insisting on consistancy on your part.

Let me spell it out so a Kindergardener can understand:

You on the left called Powell a lair. You can't prove it. Now all of the sudden he's your buddy simply because he's switched sides. He hasn't changed his character just because you like what he's saying. He's still ether a liar or he never lied to begin with. You can't have it both ways.

Last edited:
The aura of doubt.

lol, beep beep beep, mudwhistle's backing up.
Only in your mind.

You want to continue with your double-standards while I'm simply holding my ground by insisting on consistancy on your part.

Let me spell it out so a Kindergardener can understand:

You on the left called Powell a lair. You can't prove it. Now all of the sudden he's your buddy simply because he's switched sides. He hasn't changed his character just because you like what he's saying. He's still ether a liar or he never lied to begin with. You can't have it both ways.

Since he's openly expressed his remorse for having told those lies at the UN, yes,

he has changed his character.

The unrepentant, like Bush, Cheney, Rumsfeld, Wolfowitz, Rice, etc., not to mention the pro-Iraq warmongers on this forum,

are the ones who haven't changed their character.

Powell lied as is clear, or at least his words were not true. If the information upon which he based his words was false or phony, the lie would not truly be his. I find it a little hard to believe he didn't know, but at least, as someone said, he has done penance in admitting the wrong.

Not many people have made as much of a contribution to America as he. A few much more, but his is still up there. I think he is trusted in the public mind. He would be a strong candidate in '16.

Powell lied as is clear, or at least his words were not true. If the information upon which he based his words was false or phony, the lie would not truly be his. I find it a little hard to believe he didn't know, but at least, as someone said, he has done penance in admitting the wrong.

Not many people have made as much of a contribution to America as he. A few much more, but his is still up there. I think he is trusted in the public mind. He would be a strong candidate in '16.

He still turned out to be a race baiting bigot.

If the sort of people who support people like Dick Cheney want to purge the GOP of the sort of people who support people like Colin Powell,

I'm sure the Democrats will do their best to find room in their tent for the latter.

If the sort of people who support people like Dick Cheney want to purge the GOP of the sort of people who support people like Colin Powell,

I'm sure the Democrats will do their best to find room in their tent for the latter.

How about a new party?

Terrified of a mouthpiece that was used for nothing other than to spew lies?
What lie did she spew? I have to admit that I didn't follow her much after her congressional testimony so maybe I can learn something here.
Just wait until the day she actually wakes up and sees it. Will she have the guts to confront those using her or will she just slink into the sunset, head down, hoping no one notices?
I don't know what you're talking about and, chances are, neither do you.

In my context Sandra Fluke is a representative of what scares the GOP; women who evaluate the facts and think for themselves. The GOP has little to offer this growing and influential group.

TèrrThat is why you're terrified and call her a slut.

Terrified by a liar like Flucke?

Yeah right.

So terrified, you can't spell her name correctly quite obviously. Not of her, what she represents.

Why are they afraid of Sanda Fluke?

dis·a·gree
/ˌdisəˈgrē/
Verb
Have or express a different opinion.
Disapprove of.
Synonyms
dissent - differ - discord

fear
/fi(ə)r/
Noun
An unpleasant emotion caused by the belief that someone or something is dangerous, likely to cause pain, or a threat.
Verb
Be afraid of (someone or something) as likely to be dangerous, painful, or threatening: "farmers fear that they will lose business".
Synonyms
noun. dread - fright - apprehension - funk - awe - alarm
verb. be afraid - dread - apprehend - funk - be afraid of

Aren't you pleased that you learned something new, today?

You're welcome.

Intelligent women scare the GOP to death. Which is why you're a member of the GOP...you scare no one.

Class dismissed.

Oh, you mean like Botoxed Nancy?

Forum List

Back