College Professor Arrested for Profane Rant at Pro-Life Students

Reads to me like the women lost her cool, and ended up disturbing the peace.

If she is a professor at that school, she won't be for very long, I suspect.

I would suspect she'll remain there whether she has tenure or not.

I would suspect she'll remain there whether she has tenure or not.

Ya think?

I'd be surprised, but one never knows.

She may have political or personal/social suck that will save her from being canned.

But IF they charge her with disturbing the peace?

Even her tenure (assuming she has it and it's the college professor kind of tenure) probably won't save her job.

Here is another Liberal College Teacher that needs to be fired.

College Professor Arrested for Profane Rant at Pro-Life Students | LifeNews.com

A college professor has been arrested for a profane rant at pro-life students at the University of Buffalo.

Professor Laura Curry screamed at students, yelling at them: “Where does it say I can’t use the f**k word in public. I can swear because that’s part of my vocabulary. That’s part of my First Amendment rights.”

According to a report by Fox News, Curry, an adjunct instructor of media study, was lashing out at the University’s Students for Life organization. The group had erected a pro-life display featuring images that offended Curry.

“I can swear in public because that is profane,” she said referring to the display. “That image is swearing to me. That is profane to me.”

An unidentified individual filmed the incident and posted the video on Creative Minority Report.

“That image is profane but f**k is,” she yelled at police officers responding to the disturbance.

A university spokesman told Fox News confirmed Curry’s arrest but declined to provide information about her current employment status.

“Would you let my class know I’m under arrest,” she asked as officers slapped a pair of handcuffs on the profane professor and carted her off to jail.

Kristan Hawkins, the president of Students For Life of America, said pro-life students are typically singled out for attacks on campus.

“As we’ve seen again and again, a pro-abortion supporter couldn’t handle the ugly truth of abortion and lashed out,” Hawkins told Fox News. “She had to resort to yelling and using profane language with police officers.”

Hawkins said Curry’s behavior sets the wrong example for students.

“We stand with UB Students for Life for courageously fighting to bring the truth of abortion to a liberal campus, despite attempts to shout them down, cover the display, and personally attack group leaders like President Christian Andzel,” she said. “UB SFL is the pro-life generation and they are already showing they know how to behave like better adults than the ones opposing them.”

The University of Buffalo did not offer any apology to the students who were subjected to the professor’s public outburst.

Just a tad over the top, ya think?:eusa_angel:

She should try decaff.

She should try ricin.

When she comes back (and she will in the liberal teaching system)... I would love to enroll in her class and cite both the protest she did not like and her quotes while being arrested in every paper I would submit in that class... wait for her to get all bent out of shape and fail the papers.. then go after her job

The rise of the angry *****...I shit you not..

Stephen Woodworth Interrupted by Pro-Choice Demonstrators - YouTube

we will not return to coat hangers and Lysol...we are **** hear us roar

It is better for a woman to choose to be modest and choose to remain a virgin until choosing marriage and selecting a man of good character, than to choose to play the harlot by choosing some Goodtime Charley and choosing to seek an abortion plus very likely end up with some cancer causing virus besides...:eusa_silenced:

Last edited:
Just a tad over the top, ya think?:eusa_angel:

She should try decaff.

Yep, and I would expand that to include most of our "culture".

We're losing our freakin' minds. Angry, narcissistic, righteous indignation everywhere.

Yeah, a little more decaf might help.

The kids can always go to a right wing college that tells them what they want to hear.

why they are already going to a school that tells them what to say and how to act. are you mad because they are to smart to be liberal puppets?

One thing she forgets, as a paid member of the staff, she is a representative of the college.

She, while on campus, doesn't have all the "rights" that a student has. Anything she says and does is reflective on the School.

Sure she does. She just lacks the ‘right’ to a job and may not have one after she returns :D

Interesting that she seems to be claiming that she is getting arrested for saying fuck when that has nothing to do with her arrest at all. Just as funny as the fact she claims the first amendment when raging against another group that is actually trying to exercise their rights rather than just prove themselves a fool.

Methinks it is unlikely she will be charged with anything but I have not lost all faith in colleges so I can definitely see her job as a thing of the past.

According to a report by Fox News, Curry, an adjunct instructor of media study, was lashing out at the University’s Students for Life organization. The group had erected a pro-life display featuring images that offended Curry.

A university spokesman told Fox News confirmed Curry’s arrest but declined to provide information about her current employment status

She's an adjunct teacher? She won't have a job when she gets out...

One thing she forgets, as a paid member of the staff, she is a representative of the college.

She, while on campus, doesn't have all the "rights" that a student has. Anything she says and does is reflective on the School.

Sure she does. She just lacks the ‘right’ to a job and may not have one after she returns :D

Interesting that she seems to be claiming that she is getting arrested for saying fuck when that has nothing to do with her arrest at all. Just as funny as the fact she claims the first amendment when raging against another group that is actually trying to exercise their rights rather than just prove themselves a fool.

Methinks it is unlikely she will be charged with anything but I have not lost all faith in colleges so I can definitely see her job as a thing of the past.

They may keep her just to avoid the thread of a law suit. Not all decisions are ideological after all.

If it's "your vagina" why do you want me to pay for what you do with it?

Yeah, there is really no intelligent liberal response to that question. Never has been and never will be. The "hands off my body" hypocrites with their hands in our pockets just stare blankly, open mouthed and zombie brained at that conundrum of their own making.

(and I'm fairly pro-choice)

Graphic images of aborted fetuses towered beside the Student Union entrance on Monday and Tuesday.

Between 9 a.m. and 5 p.m. each day, billboards showed dismembered fetus limbs and comparisons of abortions to genocide, child abuse and hate crimes –

Anti-abortion display invokes student response - News - The Spectrum - The University of Buffalo

Laura Curry, University At Buffalo Professor, Arrested For Profanity-Laced Tirade Over Pro-Life Display

The Spectrum, an independent, student-run University at Buffalo newspaper, said the display showed "dismembered fetus limbs and comparisons of abortions to genocide, child abuse and hate crimes."

John DellaContrada, the assistant vice president for media relations at the University at Buffalo, told Creative Minority Report that Curry "was arrested and charged with disorderly conduct."

DellaContrada also insisted that "it is a fundamental value of UB that all members of the campus community and their invited guests have a right to peacefully express their views and opinions," including the right of "protesters to oppose the views or opinions of others." But, he added, that did not include ways that would "limit or prevent the speaker's freedom of expression or interfere with university operations."

Curry was not the only faculty member to voice her objection to the pro-life display. The Spectrum published a letter to the editor Tuesday from a group of six University of Buffalo professors who were "disturbed by the equation of those who support women’s reproductive rights with those who lynched thousands of African American men and women in the 19th and 20th centuries."

The professors added that any students who wished to know more about why they objected to that equation could "take any of our classes."

Forum List

Back