🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Colorado 4th grader brings legally purchased pot to sell at school

i don't get the point of this thread...the kid could have brought alcohol or cigarettes and this OP would haven't blinked an eye

Children will never get marijuana. It's against the law.

yea they aint supposed to get alcohol and guns too.....you are a dipshit Katz....anyone tell you that today?....if not....there it is....

So let's add one more problem to the mix. Brilliant !

Seriously, you people are utter morons if you cannot see that once this crap is legalized everywhere, use by kids will increase dramatically. Since the availability will increase, use will as well.

Great move Colorado and Washington, and the other 48 states to soon follow !

It's bad enough alcohol is everywhere, so hey, let's make sure we get another drug mainstreamed to go along with it.

Bravo America, you stupid slacker-fucks !

kids already use it dumbass....ill tell you what....you make the most dangerous one out there, Alcohol, Illegal....and you make the most addicting one and the one that has been proven to slowly kill you, Cigarets, illegal....and i will join with you and be behind keeping Pot illegal....until then, stick your hypocrisy where the Sun dont shine....

Id rather have kids develope a pot smoking problem than a drinking problem. Pot doesnt ruin lives. Pot is actually a really great drug for recreational use. No hang over, no passing out, no overdosing and no fights. Its perfect.
Except for those for whom it cause life-altering anxiety disorder and clinical depression. And pot smokers get to inflict it on those people.
Morons.

It's easier, by far, for someone underage to score pot than alcohol.
Alcohol, you have to have a fake ID, get someone to purchase it for you, steal it...etc,

Pot, you message your dealer and have it in minutes. No fake ID needed.

These oddball exceptions are to be expected. But legal or illegal, pot will find its way into the school environment.

Except for those for whom it cause life-altering anxiety disorder and clinical depression. And pot smokers get to inflict it on those people.
Morons.
And how many of those psychological basket cases do you personally know? Are you aware there are people who could die from eating peanuts? And the grocery stores get to cause those deaths.

I wonder what disciplinary action was taken?

This is surely not as serious as bringing a half-eaten gun-resembling Pop Tart to class.

nothing a letter was sent home

-----------------

April 22, 2014
Dear Monfort families:
Over the past two days, we have had two separate, but related incidents of students bringing
marijuana into our school, both in the form of loose leaf marijuana and an edible form of the
drug.
Please, let me stress, no student was injured by using this drug and the students bringing it to
the school have been identified and disciplinary action is underway. The Greeley Police
Department was also notified of this incident.
This does, however, raise some serious safety concerns for students. We know that many adults
have greater access to marijuana since the change in the drug’s legal status in Colorado as of
January 1, 2014. Because adults have greater access, there is also the danger that children now
have greater access to this potentially dangerous drug.
We urge all parents, grandparents and anyone who cares for children to treat marijuana as you
would prescription drugs, alcohol or even firearms. This drug is potentially lethal to children,
and should always be kept under lock and key, away from young people.
We will continue to deal with any issue of children bringing illegal or dangerous substances to
school promptly and effectively. These incidents are a reminder to us all that we must be diligent
where our children’s safety is concerned.
Thank you for your prompt attention to this matter. If you have any questions, please feel free to
call me or our Assistant Principal Kelly Seilbach at
Sincerely,

Jennifer Sheldon, principal

yea they aint supposed to get alcohol and guns too.....you are a dipshit Katz....anyone tell you that today?....if not....there it is....

Seriously, you people are utter morons if you cannot see that once this crap is legalized everywhere, use by kids will increase dramatically. Since the availability will increase, use will as well.

It's bad enough alcohol is everywhere, so hey, let's make sure we get another drug mainstreamed to go along with it.

kids already use it dumbass....ill tell you what....you make the most dangerous one out there, Alcohol, Illegal....and you make the most addicting one and the one that has been proven to slowly kill you, Cigarets, illegal....and i will join with you and be behind keeping Pot illegal....until then, stick your hypocrisy where the Sun dont shine....

I've said it a million times, I'll try again.

I KNOW KIDS ALREADY USE IT !!
I KNOW ALCOHOL IS A PROBLEM !!
I KNOW CIGARETTES ARE A PROBLEM !!

So because these drugs that cause society a myriad of problems are already legal, then who cares if we add another abused one to the mix ?

Do we send the Andrea Doria to rescue the survivors of the Titanic ?

The point here, is availability.

Yes some kids already smoke pot, yes some kids already drink alcohol, but once you legalize this crap everywhere, kids will have thousands of times the opportunity to come across it than they already did before.

This story here, the grandparents (probably loser hippies) left it laying out and a 4th grader comes across it. A 4th grader ! What's that, an 8 or 9 year old ?

As pot is slowly legalized everywhere, you'll see this story in many different forms repeated over and over.

This will be repeated in every state once it's legalized everywhere.

Study: Fatal Car Crashes Involving Marijuana Have Tripled

February 4, 2014 9:14 PM

SEATTLE (CBS Seattle) – According to a recent study, fatal car crashes involving pot use have tripled in the U.S.

“Currently, one of nine drivers involved in fatal crashes would test positive for marijuana,” Dr. Guohua Li, director of the Center for Injury Epidemiology and Prevention at Columbia, and co-author of the study told HealthDay News.

Researchers from Columbia University’s Mailman School of Public Health gathered data from six states – California, Hawaii, Illinois, New Hampshire, Rhode Island, and West Virginia – that perform toxicology tests on drivers involved in fatal car accidents. This data included over 23,500 drivers that died within one hour of a crash between 1999 and 2010.

Li reported in the study that alcohol contributed to about 40 percent of traffic fatalities throughout the decade.

The researchers found that drugs played an increasing role in fatal traffic accidents. Drugged driving accounted for more than 28 percent of traffic deaths in 2010, which is 16 percent more than it was in 1999.

The researchers also found that marijuana was the main drug involved in the increase. It contributed to 12 percent of fatal crashes, compared to only 4 percent in 1999.

“If a driver is under the influence of alcohol, their risk of a fatal crash is 13 times higher than the risk of the driver who is not under the influence of alcohol,” Li said. “But if the driver is under the influence of both alcohol and marijuana, their risk increased to 24 times that of a sober person.”

Study: Fatal Car Crashes Involving Marijuana Have Tripled « CBS Seattle

I've said it a million times, I'll try again.

I KNOW KIDS ALREADY USE IT !!
I KNOW ALCOHOL IS A PROBLEM !!
I KNOW CIGARETTES ARE A PROBLEM !!

So because these drugs that cause society a myriad of problems are already legal, then who cares if we add another abused one to the mix ?

Do we send the Andrea Doria to rescue the survivors of the Titanic ?

The point here, is availability.

Yes some kids already smoke pot, yes some kids already drink alcohol, but once you legalize this crap everywhere, kids will have thousands of times the opportunity to come across it than they already did before.

This story here, the grandparents (probably loser hippies) left it laying out and a 4th grader comes across it. A 4th grader ! What's that, an 8 or 9 year old ?

As pot is slowly legalized everywhere, you'll see this story in many different forms repeated over and over.

and ill say it again.....when people start taking Alcohol and Cigarets as seriously as they are now looking at Pot and actually act on those 2...ill be against legalizing the stuff....but because all the hypocrites out there who drink and smoke will never let that happen.....deal with it....

I wonder what disciplinary action was taken?

This is surely not as serious as bringing a half-eaten gun-resembling Pop Tart to class.

nothing a letter was sent home

-----------------

April 22, 2014
Dear Monfort families:
Over the past two days, we have had two separate, but related incidents of students bringing
marijuana into our school, both in the form of loose leaf marijuana and an edible form of the
drug.
Please, let me stress, no student was injured by using this drug and the students bringing it to
the school have been identified and disciplinary action is underway. The Greeley Police
Department was also notified of this incident.
This does, however, raise some serious safety concerns for students. We know that many adults
have greater access to marijuana since the change in the drug’s legal status in Colorado as of
January 1, 2014. Because adults have greater access, there is also the danger that children now
have greater access to this potentially dangerous drug.
We urge all parents, grandparents and anyone who cares for children to treat marijuana as you
would prescription drugs, alcohol or even firearms. This drug is potentially lethal to children,
and should always be kept under lock and key, away from young people.
We will continue to deal with any issue of children bringing illegal or dangerous substances to
school promptly and effectively. These incidents are a reminder to us all that we must be diligent
where our children’s safety is concerned.
Thank you for your prompt attention to this matter. If you have any questions, please feel free to
call me or our Assistant Principal Kelly Seilbach at
Sincerely,

Jennifer Sheldon, principal

Sounds like the letter we got and in this state weed is illegal.

Liberals are consistent. They do want to repeal the age restrictions from alcohol. The kids may as well be both drunk and stoned. Just to keep it equal and fair.

I understand your argument, but I find it a bit hyperbolic and I implore thee: don't fear the reefer.

And more cowbell :thup:

So you are saying legal guns and alcohol are problems, and making pot legal is adding another one.

Why not just address all three problems then?

Yes, we'll see those stories over and over, and not because it's anything new, but because agenda driven media businesses will report the living shit out of it. And the dummies who eat that shit up will... well, eat that shit up.

Bravo dummy, you duped fool.

Forum List

Back