Colorado is after this guy.

Colorado Is Ordering Jack Phillips To Bake A Pro-LGBT Cake, Again

Masterpiece Cakeshop’s Jack Phillips, who won a Supreme Court case in June, is once again being harangued by the Colorado Civil Rights Commission for refusing to bake a cake with a pro-LGBTQ message. Alliance Defending Freedom filed a federal lawsuit late Tuesday nightagainst the commission on his behalf, over the state’s second attempt to compel him to bake a cake with a message that violates his religious beliefs.

Two months ago, the Supreme Court ruled that Phillips ought not to have been forced to bake a cake with a pro-LGBT message for a same-sex couple’s wedding, because the court found that the commission was overtly hostile to the baker’s religious beliefs.

Now, the commission is once again going after Phillips, this time to compel him to bake a cake celebrating a “gender transition.”

On June 26, 2017 — the same day the Supreme Court announced it would take up the cake baking case — an attorney, who is identified in the court filings as Autumn Scardina, asked Phillips to bake a cake that is blue on the outside and pink on the inside to celebrate his decision to live as if he were a woman. When Phillips declined, Scardina filed a complaint with the commission that July, alleging that he was unlawfully discriminated against.

This is just total harassment. Period. No other word for it. And it's all being plotted by LGBT folks. Otherwise, why wouldn't this transgender guy go to a LGBT baker that probably WANTS the business?

you mean he has to bake a freaking cake.that is what he does for a living.

too bad. if he can't do his job he shouldn't be in business.

This time it's a very innocuous cake. I think the baker is going to far in a bid to get attention because he is targeting the customer, not the service.

It's a birthday cake. Not a wedding cake. A BIRTHDAY cake that was also celebrating the day she transgendered.

Oh...and the pro-LGBT message? The cake had a pink interior and blue exterior.

That Bigoted Cake Bakery Is Now Discriminating Against a Trans Woman | Care2 Causes
Autumn Scardina, an attorney in Colorado, called the shop last year to order a birthday cake. She requested a cake that was pink on the inside with blue icing on the outside in a nod to her previous gender transition. It was at that point that the bakery declined to make the cake.

“The woman on the phone did not object to my request for a birthday cake until I told her I was [also] celebrating my transition from male to female,” said Scardina. “I believe other people who request birthday cakes get to select the color and theme of the cake.”
That's not for you to decide. Why are you anti-choice?

Really? They are an "abomination"

Eating Shrimp is an "Abomination" according to the Bible.

upload_2018-8-19_20-50-53.jpeg

This time it's a very innocuous cake. I think the baker is going to far in a bid to get attention because he is targeting the customer, not the service.

It's a birthday cake. Not a wedding cake. A BIRTHDAY cake that was also celebrating the day she transgendered.

That Bigoted Cake Bakery Is Now Discriminating Against a Trans Woman | Care2 Causes
Autumn Scardina, an attorney in Colorado, called the shop last year to order a birthday cake. She requested a cake that was pink on the inside with blue icing on the outside in a nod to her previous gender transition. It was at that point that the bakery declined to make the cake.

“The woman on the phone did not object to my request for a birthday cake until I told her I was [also] celebrating my transition from male to female,” said Scardina. “I believe other people who request birthday cakes get to select the color and theme of the cake.”
That's not for you to decide. Why are you anti-choice?

Why are you pro-discrimmination?

Not anymore. Careful you're about to get schooled....bigly

So I'm a bit confused here..

The Bible says that eating Shrimp is an abomination.

Leviticus 11:9-12 says:
9 These shall ye eat of all that are in the waters: whatsoever hath fins and scales in the waters, in the seas, and in the rivers, them shall ye eat.
10 And all that have not fins and scales in the seas, and in the rivers, of all that move in the waters, and of any living thing which is in the waters, they shall be an abomination unto you:
11 They shall be even an abomination unto you; ye shall not eat of their flesh, but ye shall have their carcases in abomination.
12 Whatsoever hath no fins nor scales in the waters, that shall be an abomination unto you.

So did God change his mind? Someone needs to tell the Seventh Day Adventists, because they think that rule is still in force.

Not anymore. Careful you're about to get schooled....bigly

So I'm a bit confused here..

The Bible says that eating Shrimp is an abomination.

Leviticus 11:9-12 says:
9 These shall ye eat of all that are in the waters: whatsoever hath fins and scales in the waters, in the seas, and in the rivers, them shall ye eat.
10 And all that have not fins and scales in the seas, and in the rivers, of all that move in the waters, and of any living thing which is in the waters, they shall be an abomination unto you:
11 They shall be even an abomination unto you; ye shall not eat of their flesh, but ye shall have their carcases in abomination.
12 Whatsoever hath no fins nor scales in the waters, that shall be an abomination unto you.

So did God change his mind? Someone needs to tell the Seventh Day Adventists, because they think that rule is still in force.

Rings the bell....school is in session.

The ban on shellfish was Mosaic dietary law, done away with by the New Covenant that replaced the Old Covenant. Done so to bring the Jews and the Gentiles together.

Furthermore the ban never applied to Gentiles it being Jewish law.

You are DISMISSED

Libs. I'll post this again. Please tell me if you think this thing DOESNT have mental illness and needs HELP. I don't think it should be out walking the streets.

The baker isn't going after attention. The LGBT community is wanting that attention, why else go to the same baker when they KNOW he will not bake them a cake...transgender or otherwise.
He can celebrate fucking up his body all he wants but he has no right to FORCE someone else to celebrate it with him by BAKING THE CAKE.

Colorado Is Ordering Jack Phillips To Bake A Pro-LGBT Cake, Again

Masterpiece Cakeshop’s Jack Phillips, who won a Supreme Court case in June, is once again being harangued by the Colorado Civil Rights Commission for refusing to bake a cake with a pro-LGBTQ message. Alliance Defending Freedom filed a federal lawsuit late Tuesday nightagainst the commission on his behalf, over the state’s second attempt to compel him to bake a cake with a message that violates his religious beliefs.

Two months ago, the Supreme Court ruled that Phillips ought not to have been forced to bake a cake with a pro-LGBT message for a same-sex couple’s wedding, because the court found that the commission was overtly hostile to the baker’s religious beliefs.

Now, the commission is once again going after Phillips, this time to compel him to bake a cake celebrating a “gender transition.”

On June 26, 2017 — the same day the Supreme Court announced it would take up the cake baking case — an attorney, who is identified in the court filings as Autumn Scardina, asked Phillips to bake a cake that is blue on the outside and pink on the inside to celebrate his decision to live as if he were a woman. When Phillips declined, Scardina filed a complaint with the commission that July, alleging that he was unlawfully discriminated against.

This is just total harassment. Period. No other word for it. And it's all being plotted by LGBT folks. Otherwise, why wouldn't this transgender guy go to a LGBT baker that probably WANTS the business?

I wonder if Colorado has “vexation litigation” laws. Wouldn't it be something if the State of Colorado, itself, got declared a vexatious litigant under such a law?

Regardless...its ridiculous. Leave the guy alone. Geez. Go help an LGBT baker that WANTS your business, might NEED your business just to stay afloat.

Meanwhile..since some claim its a business and he MUST conform....will you guys screaming about his refusal also scream at the Muslim Cafe when they refuse to make a bacon and ham sammich? My bet is...nope.

Forum List

Back