COLORISM: The hidden prejudice of Black people against other Black people.

Irrelevant question. Colorism is real. Do you have an opinion on why the New Woke Order ignores it?

I don't know.. I'm not black so I don't know how much degrees of color is an issue when couples fall in love. My mother looked like Grace Kelly and my father looked like he was a tall, swarthy Lebanese. They were crazy about each other and very successful.

I have three gorgeous, accomplished, tall, blonde granddaughters coming of age. I'm curious as to the men they will choose.

Not surprisingly, I have not seen ONE SINGLE RELEVANT RESPONSE to the simple question" Why does the Woke Elite ignore Colorism in the Black community?" So allow me. The Democrats, Media and prominent people of the Left have nothing to gain politically by addressing the Racism that exists within the Black community. It is similar to how Black on Black murders are ignored, but the whole world stops when a Black man is shot or killed by a White Cop.

Irrelevant question. Colorism is real. Do you have an opinion on why the New Woke Order ignores it?

I think its not so important as education, health, character ... at least among successful people of any color or race. This is not your grandmother's world.

White people face racism as much as anyone else. In 2021 they face more racism, actually.
Tell you what. Spend 3 months at sea with 500 other white people, chained up and covered in vomit and feces on a slave ship.
Then we'll talk about white racism.

Tell you what. Spend 3 months at sea with 500 other white people, chained up and covered in vomit and feces on a slave ship.
Then we'll talk about white racism.
And it's another swing and a miss........The question is very simple.

What is often overlooked when discussing Racism is the phenomenon of "Colorism" within the Black community. That is, prejudice against dark skinned Black people by lighter skinned Black people. Why is this obviously hurtful prejudice against dark skinned Black people ignored by the New Woke Order?

It exists but I think it works both ways...Light skin blacks see dark blacks as ugly and dumber while dark skin blacks become jealous of dark skin blacks and target them for bullying and see light skin blacks are elitist.
It some crazy shit.

a
It exists but I think it works both ways...Light skin blacks see dark blacks as ugly and dumber while dark skin blacks become jealous of dark skin blacks and target them for bullying and see light skin blacks are elitist.
It some crazy shit.

So you are speaking as a black man?????

bodecea That is ridiculous. Super light skinned White people are prejudiced against olive skinned White people? :auiqs.jpg:
No....I said nothing about super light skinned white people....but we DO have a prejudice based on skin color......tanned means you have the spare time to be out and get that tan....pasty white means you are stuck inside working. Ironically, it's now the opposite to what it was about 150 years ago when the idle rich could afford to stay out of the sun and it was the agrarian poor who were darkened by the sun. If what I said wasn't true, why such a $$$$ industry on getting tanned?

Forum List

Back