Comey decries leaks but is a prime example himself

Comey memo said Trump asked him to drop Flynn investigation in February

Chaffetz’s letter demanding records of Trump and Comey’s communications, sent to acting FBI Director Andrew McCabe, set a May 24 deadline for the internal documents to be delivered to the House committee.

In testimony to the Senate last week, McCabe said, “There has been no effort to impede our investigation to date.”

McCabe was referring to the broad investigation into possible collusion between Russia and the Trump campaign. The investigation into Flynn is separate.

A spokesman for the FBI declined to comment.

Comey created similar memos — including some that are classified — about every phone call and meeting he had with the president, the two people said.

For the third time: prove that the memos Comey released included any classified information.

Its been....what? An hour. And still, its still you citing yourself. And you don't know what you're talking about.

OK, if you insist.

FBI Comey admitting he leaked classified memos to the New York Times 6 8 2017

And where does Comey claim that his memos were classified?

Give us the time stamp in the video.
YOU keep claiming it wasn't because he didn't say it. You asked who claissifies and and I said I didn't know but the subject was the memos with the POTUS then you cherry picked when I repeated the notes with the POTUS. If they were official how were they not classified? Makes no sense. Either they are official government documents or they aren't. Which is it?

You're the one who claimed that Comey's notes were classified.

Prove it.

You're the one who offered Comey's testimony as evidence of your claims.

Um......Comey never said his notes were classified.
That was you. Not Comey.

So your source that Comey's notes were classified....is yourself. And you're nobody. Try again.
Look who's talking, Mr. Hot Air himself. I gave you a source, watch the video. And...

Comey Says He Was Behind Leak of FBI Memos to The New York Times

The Times article in question only had a few short quotes from the memo. It is possible the Times was given knowledge of the memo’s contents, but the memo itself had not yet been leaked to it.

In addition to identifying himself as a source of leaked information, Comey may have also revealed other individuals behind the stream of media leaks coming out of the Russia investigation.

In its May 11 story, The New York Times identified its sources as “several people close to him,” who were asked to “not discuss it publicly while he was F.B.I. director.” It notes that after Comey was fired, “they felt free to discuss it on the condition of anonymity.”

During his testimony, Comey identified the “several people close to him,” whom he provided with copies of the memo, while responding to questions from Sen. Marco Rubio (R-FL).

The only people he provided them to were senior leaders at the FBI, whom he listed as the FBI “deputy director, my chief of staff, general counsel, deputy director’s chief counsel, and then—more often than not—the number three person at the FBI, the associate deputy director. And quite often, head of the national security branch.”

Comey acknowledged in his testimony that some of the memos he had written contained classified information. It is unclear whether the memos he leaked to the media were classified, and why Comey still had access to the memos written in his capacity as the director of the FBI after leaving office.

Prove that the memos were classified.

There's you citing yourself. And.....no one. And you don't know what you're talking about.

So......for the 7th time, what did Comey 'leak' that was classified?

Anyone?
No one can pull your head out of your ass but you. And why keep putting leak in quotes? That's what it was and his story was a lie, Trump's tweet came after he handed it over to a buddy, like a coward.

Comey just testified that he agreed with President Trump that unauthorized leaks of government information should be stopped, but then leaked his notes of confidential information (through a third party) to the press. What a guy!

Funny. Experts have confirmed that Comey's notes were not a leak. He had every right to release them as a private citizen. In fact - he can even write a book about it.

Comey just testified that he agreed with President Trump that unauthorized leaks of government information should be stopped, but then leaked his notes of confidential information (through a third party) to the press. What a guy!

What did Comey 'leak' that was classified?
His official notes with the POTUS. Libs are getting dumber by the minute.
You're a nut. Comey's notes were not classified.

"So my thinking was, if I write it in such a way that I don’t include anything that would trigger a classification, that’ll make it easier for us to discuss, within the FBI and the government, and to — to hold on to it in a way that makes it accessible to us."

And where does Comey claim that his memos were classified?

Give us the time stamp in the video.
YOU keep claiming it wasn't because he didn't say it. You asked who claissifies and and I said I didn't know but the subject was the memos with the POTUS then you cherry picked when I repeated the notes with the POTUS. If they were official how were they not classified? Makes no sense. Either they are official government documents or they aren't. Which is it?

Prove it.

That was you. Not Comey.

So your source that Comey's notes were classified....is yourself. And you're nobody. Try again.
Look who's talking, Mr. Hot Air himself. I gave you a source, watch the video. And...

The Times article in question only had a few short quotes from the memo. It is possible the Times was given knowledge of the memo’s contents, but the memo itself had not yet been leaked to it.

In addition to identifying himself as a source of leaked information, Comey may have also revealed other individuals behind the stream of media leaks coming out of the Russia investigation.

In its May 11 story, The New York Times identified its sources as “several people close to him,” who were asked to “not discuss it publicly while he was F.B.I. director.” It notes that after Comey was fired, “they felt free to discuss it on the condition of anonymity.”

During his testimony, Comey identified the “several people close to him,” whom he provided with copies of the memo, while responding to questions from Sen. Marco Rubio (R-FL).

The only people he provided them to were senior leaders at the FBI, whom he listed as the FBI “deputy director, my chief of staff, general counsel, deputy director’s chief counsel, and then—more often than not—the number three person at the FBI, the associate deputy director. And quite often, head of the national security branch.”

Comey acknowledged in his testimony that some of the memos he had written contained classified information. It is unclear whether the memos he leaked to the media were classified, and why Comey still had access to the memos written in his capacity as the director of the FBI after leaving office.

There's you citing yourself. And.....no one. And you don't know what you're talking about.

Anyone?
No one can pull your head out of your ass but you. And why keep putting leak in quotes? That's what it was and his story was a lie, Trump's tweet came after he handed it over to a buddy, like a coward.

None of the quotes you've offered claim that the memos that Comey released were classified or included any classified information.

Try again.

Its been....what? An hour. And still, its still you citing yourself. And you don't know what you're talking about.
It's been an hour? like nothing but you matters? You dumb asshole. I gave you cites but can't understand it for you.

Prove it.

That was you. Not Comey.

Anyone?

None of the quotes you've offered claim that the memos that Comey released were classified or included any classified information.

Try again.
They don't say it was unclassified but many do think so. Who cares what you think anyway? You're a shrill little boy.

What did Comey 'leak' that was classified?
His official notes with the POTUS. Libs are getting dumber by the minute.

"So my thinking was, if I write it in such a way that I don’t include anything that would trigger a classification, that’ll make it easier for us to discuss, within the FBI and the government, and to — to hold on to it in a way that makes it accessible to us."

Weasel skipped Comey's testimony and relied on Trump Jr's twitter feed instead. The results were predictably lackluster.

The part of this that is illustrative however.....is how desperately they cling to whatever nonsense they make up. Even when it falls apart, they keep polishing the pieces of turd.

Prove it.

That was you. Not Comey.

Anyone?

Try again.
They don't say it was unclassified. You do.

No, that would be Comey himself I'm quoting:

""So my thinking was, if I write it in such a way that I don’t include anything that would trigger a classification, that’ll make it easier for us to discuss, within the FBI and the government, and to — to hold on to it in a way that makes it accessible to us.""

You are claiming that the notes Comey released were classified. And nothing you've posted backs that claim.

Its just you citing yourself. Comey was the man who wrote the memos. He's a source matter expert. And you're nobody.

So I ask for the 8th time: what did Comey 'leak' that was classified?

They were confidential and for Comey to do something so creepy like give the memo to a "friend" who would release them to the media is creepy, weird, and unbecoming of an FBI Chief. Comey and his "friend" whoever that is; maybe it's Hillary, who the hell knows? who is his friend? I sure as hell want to know. I think Comey is in big trouble.

Prove it.

That was you. Not Comey.

Anyone?

Try again.
They don't say it was unclassified but many do think so. Who cares what you think anyway? You're a shrill little boy.

You claimed they were classified. You have nothing to back that claim save you citing yourself. Comey, the man who wrote them insists they weren't classified.

So we have You vs. James Comey on the memos written by James Comey.

Um, our sources are not equal.

It's been an hour? like nothing but you matters? You dumb asshole. I gave you cites but can't understand it for you.

Nothing you've cited says what you do. Comey never says that the memos he released were classified.

You do.

None of your sources claim that the memos Comey released were classified.

You do.

And you don't know what you're talking about.
And yet you keep clinging to your nonsense that Comey released classified memos.......backed by absolutely nothing.

They were confidential and for Comey to do something so creepy like give the memo to a "friend" who would release them to the media is creepy, weird, and unbecoming of an FBI Chief. Comey and his "friend" whoever that is; maybe it's Hillary, who the hell knows? who is his friend? I sure as hell want to know. I think Comey is in big trouble.

They were not classified. Comey has condemned the leaking of classified information.

You equate them. They aren't the same thing.

Who says they were confidential? You? Regardless, even if they were, there's no law against releasing confidential material.

They were not classified. Comey has condemned the leaking of classified information.

You equate them. They aren't the same thing
I said they were confidential that is different than classified but the fact that Comey spelled out the path of leaks..to "a friend" then to the media, and leaks have been coming from high ranking FBI personnel makes me think Comey has been the leaker from the beginning. When Trump fired Comey the deep state began to crumble and it will continue to crumble and the rubble will be at the feet of The Keyan butthurt bitch you all voted for.:badgrin:

Oooh, this makes Trump's collusion with Russia all go away! Waka waka!

Wrong. The fact that trump didn't collude with russia makes it all go away.

It's not a fact yet, not until the investigation is concluded.

After 5 months and nothing to show us? Yes, it's a fact.

The investigation has been impeded from the beginning, until its done, I don't think anything is a fact...I will wait :)

How has it been impeded? I really am curious about this. One thing that has been very obvious is trump really is clueless about protocol and how the government actually works. I honestly don't think he's capable of doing that sort of thing. There is certainly no evidence to support it that i know of, and believe me I have looked!

Welcome to bullshit partisan politics America. If you want things to change, you need to change the way people vote. If you don't support changing the PR for at least the House, then stop whinging and moaning about all the bullshit.

Oooh, this makes Trump's collusion with Russia all go away! Waka waka!

Wrong. The fact that trump didn't collude with russia makes it all go away.

It's not a fact yet, not until the investigation is concluded.

After 5 months and nothing to show us? Yes, it's a fact.

The investigation has been impeded from the beginning, until its done, I don't think anything is a fact...I will wait :)
. The investigation has been a farce from the beginning. Demon-crats butt hurt and obstructionism is all it has been. The taxpayers are fools for putting up with the Demon-crats.

Nothing you've cited says what you do. Comey never says that the memos he released were classified.

You do.

You do.

And yet you keep clinging to your nonsense that Comey released classified memos.......backed by absolutely nothing.
. Comey must have felt they were classified, possible evidence in a case, priveledged information, and secretive information in the way that he released that information. Why does he get to say that he can release information in a leaking method or way, and that he had his reasons for doing that, yet without having to state those reasons to the committee or to we the people ???? The kangaroo hearing was just that without a judge to either sustain an objection or over rule it. How do you have a hearing without the accused being there in order to defend themselves ??????????? Good grief that was some dumb stuff today that went on. All we learned was speculation, theory, and that someone had been cast into the butt hurt category with Hillary Clinton, and that he was angry about it. 1st he was this smart and the tough top cop, but then when it was cover his ace time or just out of convience he was this scared little snowflake cowering at Trump's feet saying he was a coward in which prompted him to do this or promted him to do that ???? Sick man.

You do.

You do.

. Comey must have felt they were classified, possible evidence in a case, priveledged information, and secretive information in the way that he released that information. Why does he get to say that he can release information in a leaking method or way, and that he had his reasons for doing that, yet without having to state those reasons to the committee or to we the people ???? The kangaroo hearing was just that without a judge to either sustain an objection or over rule it. How do you have a hearing without the accused being there in order to defend themselves ??????????? Good grief that was some dumb stuff today that went on. All we learned was speculation, theory, and that someone had been cast into the butt hurt category with Hillary Clinton, and that he was angry about it. 1st he was this smart and the tough top cop, but then when it was cover his ace time or just out of convience he was this scared little snowflake cowering at Trump's feet saying he was a coward in which prompted him to do this or promted him to do that ???? Sick man.
No, Comey said he was careful not to include classified information so that they could be shared. Furthermore, Comey leaked only one of the memos; the one in regards to Trump asking him to drop the investigation into Flynn. That's not classified.

Forum List

Back