🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Commercial Crabber Of 50 Years Tells Gore Sea Level Hasn’t Changed Since At Least 1970

Republicans would always trust a fisherman over a scientist.

In fact, scientists are among their most hated top 10.

1. Gays
2. Muslims
3. Blacks
4. Hispanics
5. Liberals
6. Jews
7. Women's rights
8. Sick and disabled
9. College professors
10. Scientists

They believe higher education is a waste of time.

Only 6% of scientists are Republican. I think the number is vastly overstated.

Now this is a real surprise...

Eskridge told the president that Tangier Island is "a huge supporter of Donald Trump. ... This is a Trump island; we really love you down here."
http://www.delmarvanow.com

Is this the same guy who's Island he lives on is disappearing but he also says it's definitely without a doubt disappearing but...for other reasons...totally not because of gloval warming. It's just Island disappearance Syndrome!
And definitely not rising sea disease. Absolutely not that.

Isn't that typical of deniers? Some 'crabber' gives anecdotal evidence and the denier wingnuts jump on it like it's a fact. Nothing solid, just a 'feeling' the 'mayor' has. Wingnuts a wingnut I guess.
The island community is eroding into the Bay and the residents want federal funds to save the island by building walls and breakers to slow down and halt the erosion. Experts are claiming the erosion control effort would be a costly waste and temporary because of the rising sea levels. The crabber making the claims has a financial and emotional stake in denying the sea level rising model and promoting the "it's only erosion" story.
All so called "climate scientists" are sucking on the government tit, and their pay, pensions and job security depend on the public believing the climate change hoax.

All so called "climate scientists" are sucking on the government tit, and their pay, pensions and job security depend on the public believing the climate change hoax.
How about you, do you believe the rising sea levels in Chesapeake Bay hoax?

Ah. So really that means you don't believe the rising sea level in Chesapeake Bay hoax that is being perpetrated by starving climate scientists. But this is hilarious, from your link, when you've been given actual measurement records for Chesapeake Bay...

The reason why Dr Mörner, formerly a Stockholm professor, is so certain that these claims about sea level rise are 100 per cent wrong is that they are all based on computer model predictions, whereas his findings are based on "going into the field to observe what is actually happening in the real world". From 2009.​

Here it is, again...

Tide gauges around the Chesapeake Bay indicate that the relative sea level in the Bay is rising at twice the average global rate of 1.8 mm per year [Douglas, 1991].
https://www.ngs.noaa.gov/

Those are measurements, tide gauges measure things, those records are not from computer models nor are they predictions, that 'scientist' is talking complete bullshit.

But it's a pity actual measurements can't fool you, it means you'll be buying climate scientists' sushi forever....

Last edited:
The crabber making the claims has a financial and emotional stake in denying the sea level rising model and promoting the "it's only erosion" story.
All the deniers have financial and emotional stakes in denying AGW. It's why they deny it, inventing global conspiracies to justify not accepting there is a problem that may require costly solutions.

Geez..........s0n.........do you navigate your whole life in a bubble? So if we are inventing "global conspiracies" why is our side winning in the real world? Your statement screams bubble dweller. Every world government is denying AGW........dummy. Fossil fuels are going to dominate for decades to come.........nobody really cares about AGW in the real world. These governments want a piece of the action in the market from green energy dollars. Fucking duh...........but not to the level of them having to tell their constituents, "Oh yes........aren't renewables grand for the environment and oh, by the way.........heres your electricity bill. Sorry it just doubled.":2up::bye1::bye1:

Germany tried pulling this stunt about 10 years ago and the voters kicked the pols in the balls when their wind/solar electric bills started coming in the mailbox. duh..........so now the Germans are in the midst of building 20 new coal fired plants and importing US coal and oil at record rates. Nobody is caring about the AGW.:bye1::bye1::2up:

Fringe markets exist in everything you fucking dummy.............progressives just get perpetually suckered by soothsayers like Al Gore.:coffee:

Its all about the winning s0n..........not about embracing every feel good snowflake cause that comes along. But you go right on with that whole "big oil" connections moniker the environmental k00ks have been using for 30 years..........and after 30 years, solar energy provides..................STILL.............just a smidge over 1% of our electricity!!!

So................who's not winning?:popcorn::up::up:

Last edited:
Every nation in the world signs the Paris Accord to fight Climate Change because the science was settled on it long ago and now there is a mountain of evidence that shows the human race has to act. A minority in the US elect Orange-turd Trump who has the mental faculties of an orangutan, for obvious reasons, pulls the US out of the Paris Accords rendering the US a third world country like Nicuragua.

It is only the few backwoods hillbillies in the US that have been brainwashed by the oil companies that still deny reality. And these few selfish humans will be responsible for the deaths of many other humans. Pro-life? LOL Stop making us laugh losers.

You are pro 'I don't give a shit about anyone else'. THAT is who you are.

A 'crabber'.

Why is no one surprised that cons think a 'crabber' knows more than all the PH.D's on Earth. Trump likes the uneducated. They are the easiest to fool.
That was not an apple that fell on your head....

But I can tell you about experience...not that one of you liberal liars will believe me, but I've got 37 years experience doing one thing. At the car dealerships I worked for they all required me to go to transmission school so I would know what I was doing. One such "class" was taught by a Chrysler engineer. The problems he posed were fairly simple by my view as I had seen them all many times. he then posed a tech problem involving the computer on the car and I told him what it was but he just ignored me and went into an hour long diatribe of what may be wrong with it only to conclude the same thing I had told him. These people do NOT appreciate experience, and I'd say these warmer trolls are the same way when it comes to this old guy. Once he found out I had 30 years working on his junk he ignored me. The other members of the class who wanted to learn from experience, picked my brain and were laughing at this turd.

Last edited:
8638863.png

sewells_point_tidegauge_8638610.png

fig6.gif

annapolis_slr.png

SEWELLS-1024x578.jpg

All made up lies, hoax and conspiracy right? God are you people STUPID.
"Chesapeake Bay tide-gage records and paleo-sea-level records from tidal marshes and the bay’s main stem, determined from sediment cores collected from 1995 to 2006 (fig. 1), show that rates of sea-level rise in Chesapeake Bay range from about 3.2 to 4.7 mm/yr depending on the location and period of record for each tide gage. These rates exceed the global average because the land is subsiding; therefore, the Chesapeake Bay area is more vulnerable than many other coastal regions to sea-level rise.

The departure of sea-level trends in Chesapeake Bay from the global mean for the last century may not persist. Therefore, rates measured at tide gages do not necessarily reflect pre-20th century regional patterns, nor can they be expected to persist into the future.

Estimates of local subsidence from groundwater withdrawal in parts of Virginia are 1.5 and 3.7 mm/yr for 1979–95 and 1982–95, respectively (Pope and Burbey, 2004). Subsidence is expected to increase with greater withdrawals."

USGS Chesapeake Bay Activities Science Summary - Sea-Level Rise and Chesapeake Bay

Don't let a more complete picture ruin your confirmation bias.

Every nation in the world signs the Paris Accord to fight Climate Change because the science was settled on it long ago and now there is a mountain of evidence that shows the human race has to act. A minority in the US elect Orange-turd Trump who has the mental faculties of an orangutan, for obvious reasons, pulls the US out of the Paris Accords rendering the US a third world country like Nicuragua.

It is only the few backwoods hillbillies in the US that have been brainwashed by the oil companies that still deny reality. And these few selfish humans will be responsible for the deaths of many other humans. Pro-life? LOL Stop making us laugh losers.

You are pro 'I don't give a shit about anyone else'. THAT is who you are.
It cracks me up when someone says "the science is settled".

:lol:

8638863.png

sewells_point_tidegauge_8638610.png

fig6.gif

annapolis_slr.png

SEWELLS-1024x578.jpg

All made up lies, hoax and conspiracy right? God are you people STUPID.
"Chesapeake Bay tide-gage records and paleo-sea-level records from tidal marshes and the bay’s main stem, determined from sediment cores collected from 1995 to 2006 (fig. 1), show that rates of sea-level rise in Chesapeake Bay range from about 3.2 to 4.7 mm/yr depending on the location and period of record for each tide gage. These rates exceed the global average because the land is subsiding; therefore, the Chesapeake Bay area is more vulnerable than many other coastal regions to sea-level rise.

The departure of sea-level trends in Chesapeake Bay from the global mean for the last century may not persist. Therefore, rates measured at tide gages do not necessarily reflect pre-20th century regional patterns, nor can they be expected to persist into the future.

Estimates of local subsidence from groundwater withdrawal in parts of Virginia are 1.5 and 3.7 mm/yr for 1979–95 and 1982–95, respectively (Pope and Burbey, 2004). Subsidence is expected to increase with greater withdrawals."

USGS Chesapeake Bay Activities Science Summary - Sea-Level Rise and Chesapeake Bay

Don't let a more complete picture ruin your confirmation bias.

Winner, winner, chicken dinner. No fucking sushi here.

Isn't that typical of deniers? Some 'crabber' gives anecdotal evidence and the denier wingnuts jump on it like it's a fact. Nothing solid, just a 'feeling' the 'mayor' has. Wingnuts a wingnut I guess.
The island community is eroding into the Bay and the residents want federal funds to save the island by building walls and breakers to slow down and halt the erosion. Experts are claiming the erosion control effort would be a costly waste and temporary because of the rising sea levels. The crabber making the claims has a financial and emotional stake in denying the sea level rising model and promoting the "it's only erosion" story.

Scientist still get paid for doing science. If your only excuse is that scientists earn money so they can't be believed on science means that everyone in every field is a liar since they get paid for it. That's funny....only scientists who don't make money should be believed.

Scientist still get paid for doing science. If your only excuse is that scientists earn money so they can't be believed on science means that everyone in every field is a liar since they get paid for it. That's funny....only scientists who don't make money should be believed.

In politics, only people who lie and tell us what we want to hear get elected. Why should we be surprised that they continue to lie?

In climate science, those that produce papers that support the consensus view get rewarded with funding and fame. Those who do not get reduced funding and distain. Why should we be surprised that most climate scientists produce consensus science? Or at least present their findings in a fashion that appears to support consensus? They have families to feed too.

In climate science, those that produce papers that support the consensus view get rewarded with funding and fame.
As well as those who fake the sea level records, right?

Last edited:

Forum List

Back