Commiefornia votes to ban schools from starting before 8:30am

Just when you think the state could't get more comical, here they come again.

They passed a bill to ban schools from starting before 8:30 am because they believe it would help if students got more sleep. Well duh! It's always been like that, but if a student needs more sleep, wouldn't it be more logical to go to sleep earlier?

Before liberalism, schools were designed to prepare kids for the adult world such as getting a job and going to work. So what's next when these kids get out of school, a law that states businesses can't open until 8:30?

A state has the right to do stupid things like this, but this is one of many reminders of what we don't want for the rest of the country.

California votes to bar schools from starting before 8:30am to help give students more sleep

Most people don't have to be to work until 8:00 or 8:30.
Why should kids be sitting in the dark at 7:00am waiting for a school bus?
There's nothing communistic about this any more than shutting school down for 2.5 months in the summer is communistic.
Get the fuck over yourself.

They passed a bill to ban schools from starting before 8:30 am because they believe it would help if students got more sleep. Well duh! It's always been like that, but if a student needs more sleep, wouldn't it be more logical to go to sleep earlier?

Before liberalism, schools were designed to prepare kids for the adult world such as getting a job and going to work. So what's next when these kids get out of school, a law that states businesses can't open until 8:30?

A state has the right to do stupid things like this, but this is one of many reminders of what we don't want for the rest of the country.

California votes to bar schools from starting before 8:30am to help give students more sleep

Local governments set the starting time now.

Government is government is government.

The government of Florida passed a law that forbade schools from starting before the third Monday in August. That was a Republican government that did this because parents were getting pissed off that school was starting earlier and earlier.

Most people don't have to be to work until 8:00 or 8:30.
Why should kids be sitting in the dark at 7:00am waiting for a school bus?
There's nothing communistic about this any more than shutting school down for 2.5 months in the summer is communistic.
Get the fuck over yourself.

Well I would disagree with that because the reason I have to be in so early is because our customers start work that early. Only a handful start after 7:30. In fact we have a few drivers that start an hour earlier than I do.

I guess you missed my earlier comment how the nanny state doesn't even realize more nanny state when it smacks them on the nose. Now the government is writing laws to accommodate children who don't feel like going to sleep earlier. It's ridiculous.

Local governments set the starting time now.

Government is government is government.

The government of Florida passed a law that forbade schools from starting before the third Monday in August. That was a Republican government that did this because parents were getting pissed off that school was starting earlier and earlier.

Or was that due to the heat down there?

There is also the traffic of commuters to deal with and the 8:30 time is hoped to help with that.

There is also the traffic of commuters to deal with and the 8:30 time is hoped to help with that.

I don't know about over there, but over here, rush hour is the worst at around 8:00 am. When it starts is the best time to get out there. I know when I start my job (as a truck driver) at 7:00, it's much thinner than 8:00.

I don't know about over there, but over here, rush hour is the worst at around 8:00 am. When it starts is the best time to get out there. I know when I start my job (as a truck driver) at 7:00, it's much thinner than 8:00.
Thankfully so many are work from home people here. On TV I see the rush hour traffic at 6 am to about 8 am.

I hardly see why this is such a big deal

Thankfully so many are work from home people here. On TV I see the rush hour traffic at 6 am to about 8 am.

Here it's actually about 7 to 9. Traffic flows pretty good until around 7:30.

CALIFORNIA has the sixth largest economy in the world.

That isn’t communism ijit.

Reality: biologically, kids learn better if they don’t have to get up that early.

You should probably try knowing what you’re talking about before you spew, little one

Never said it was. I only brought it up for two reasons:

One is that the state is taking power away from the locals, and two, this is the kind of government we want to avoid for the entire country.

Because it stops the advanced classes that high achieving students get to take. Now those students are locked in to the same crap classes as everyone else.

Because it stops the advanced classes that high achieving students get to take. Now those students are locked in to the same crap classes as everyone else.
Why on earth would you think that? You just pull that out of your butt?

:cuckoo:

Why does this trigger you, loser?

Because these are the people cut from the same cloth that want to run our entire country. Cradle-to-Gravers could end this free nation as we know it.

You being so triggered by the school start times in a different state just shows that you are a pathetic vag-sore little cupcake.

They are looking for better outcomes by following scientific advice.
The kids should get better results.
Where is the problem ?

The problem is government making law in exchange for personal decisions.

The government sets the time that schools start, they always have. What makes 7:30 any more magical than 8:30?
see previous posts

Your previous post had an error...

...now they are trying to force the kids to go to sleep on time!!!! hahahahahhahaha

Seems they are doing just the opposite, they have admitted that kids do not go to sleep on time so they are trying to give them more sleep time. Probably will not work, but seems such a minor thing.

Why is before 8 some magical number?

Gee for someone who claims n
They cite a study that says kids starting school later produces better results. But I guess all those illegals they take in that are holding up classes because they can't speak English is not the problem.

Sorta hard to learn when you can't understand the lesson being taught

That’s why they learn English.

Lot of them can't utter a syllable of it

Do you know why you’re wrong?

Forum List

Back