Commiefornia votes to ban schools from starting before 8:30am

Just when you think the state could't get more comical, here they come again.

They passed a bill to ban schools from starting before 8:30 am because they believe it would help if students got more sleep. Well duh! It's always been like that, but if a student needs more sleep, wouldn't it be more logical to go to sleep earlier?

Before liberalism, schools were designed to prepare kids for the adult world such as getting a job and going to work. So what's next when these kids get out of school, a law that states businesses can't open until 8:30?

A state has the right to do stupid things like this, but this is one of many reminders of what we don't want for the rest of the country.

California votes to bar schools from starting before 8:30am to help give students more sleep

Why does this trigger you, loser?

Because these are the people cut from the same cloth that want to run our entire country. Cradle-to-Gravers could end this free nation as we know it.

You being so triggered by the school start times in a different state just shows that you are a pathetic vag-sore little cupcake.

Did some shoes come with this sock?

They passed a bill to ban schools from starting before 8:30 am because they believe it would help if students got more sleep. Well duh! It's always been like that, but if a student needs more sleep, wouldn't it be more logical to go to sleep earlier?

Before liberalism, schools were designed to prepare kids for the adult world such as getting a job and going to work. So what's next when these kids get out of school, a law that states businesses can't open until 8:30?

A state has the right to do stupid things like this, but this is one of many reminders of what we don't want for the rest of the country.

California votes to bar schools from starting before 8:30am to help give students more sleep

Because these are the people cut from the same cloth that want to run our entire country. Cradle-to-Gravers could end this free nation as we know it.

You being so triggered by the school start times in a different state just shows that you are a pathetic vag-sore little cupcake.

Where did you get "so triggered" from? Because I post a topic, I'm triggered? Maybe you should understand terms that you use before you make an ass out of yourself trying to use them.

The problem is government making law in exchange for personal decisions.

The government sets the time that schools start, they always have. What makes 7:30 any more magical than 8:30?
see previous posts

Your previous post had an error...

...now they are trying to force the kids to go to sleep on time!!!! hahahahahhahaha

Seems they are doing just the opposite, they have admitted that kids do not go to sleep on time so they are trying to give them more sleep time. Probably will not work, but seems such a minor thing.

Why is before 8 some magical number?

Gee for someone who claims n
They cite a study that says kids starting school later produces better results. But I guess all those illegals they take in that are holding up classes because they can't speak English is not the problem.

Sorta hard to learn when you can't understand the lesson being taught

That’s why they learn English.

Lot of them can't utter a syllable of it

Do you know why you’re wrong?

Do you know you're becoming creepy stalker type? Give it a rest, dipshit

The government sets the time that schools start, they always have. What makes 7:30 any more magical than 8:30?
see previous posts

...now they are trying to force the kids to go to sleep on time!!!! hahahahahhahaha

Seems they are doing just the opposite, they have admitted that kids do not go to sleep on time so they are trying to give them more sleep time. Probably will not work, but seems such a minor thing.

They cite a study that says kids starting school later produces better results. But I guess all those illegals they take in that are holding up classes because they can't speak English is not the problem.

Again, a very immature reaction to being corrected. How do you expect to improve yourself?

Where did you get "so triggered" from? Because I post a topic, I'm triggered? Maybe you should understand terms that you use before you make an ass out of yourself trying to use them.
Triggered as per your childish ranting blather. Grow up bitch

see previous posts

Again, a very immature reaction to being corrected. How do you expect to improve yourself?

This is what I meant when I said I'm not getting into a thread long fiasco with you. You do it constantly, you don't present anything but your own opinion and 99% of the time you're full of shit. Now run along or I'll simply put you on ignore, nobody has time for your immature BS

Triggered as per your childish ranting blather. Grow up bitch

Who's ranting? You don't comprehend very well, do you?

They passed a bill to ban schools from starting before 8:30 am because they believe it would help if students got more sleep. Before liberalism, schools were designed to prepare kids for the adult world such as getting a job and going to work.

That's right, and thanks to those sheep dip, now those kids will be getting home a half hour later and have less daylight to go out and play, less time in the evening, so will probably end up staying up later at night and end up getting no more sleep anyway.

BECAUSE LIBERALISM ALWAYS ACHIEVES THE EXACT OPPOSITE ITS STATED INTENT.

I knew I should have kept it, the other day I was rifling through a website with old and rare pictures. One of them was a B&W photo taken years ago of kids in another country I think who on their way to school had to cross a river and THEY PULLED THEM ACROSS THE RIVER ON A CABLE USING HAND DRIVEN PULLEYS.

CAN YOU IMAGINE someone sending their kid to school today and telling them or letting someone else tell them they had to literally PULL THEMSELVES across a river BY HAND hanging on a wire over raging water?

I don't think kids today could even do it. We have protected them all into being worthless pussies who think a problem is their smartphone battery's gone dead.

I found it!

f60024d9f96747ed1704122f9b0acf33.jpg

Last edited:
They passed a bill to ban schools from starting before 8:30 am because they believe it would help if students got more sleep. Before liberalism, schools were designed to prepare kids for the adult world such as getting a job and going to work.

That's right, and thanks to those sheep dip, now those kids will be getting home a half hour later and have less daylight to go out and play, less time in the evening, so will probably end up staying up later at night and end up getting no more sleep anyway.

I knew I should have kept it, the other day I was rifling through a website with old and rare pictures. One of them was a B&W photo taken years ago of kids in another country I think who on their way to school had to cross a river and THEY PULLED THEM ACROSS THE RIVER ON A CABLE USING HAND DRIVEN PULLEYS.

CAN YOU IMAGINE someone sending their kid to school today and telling them or letting someone else tell them they had to literally PULL THEMSELVES across a river BY HAND hanging on a wire over raging water?

I don't think kids today could even do it. We have protected them all into being worthless pussies who think a problem is their smartphone battery's gone dead.

I found it!

View attachment 214208

I have one better. We were in the low 90's on this day:

Too hot for class: More schools added to closing list for Tuesday

Out of all the crazy shit they do, this one I could be for. What’s more logical is that students go to school for the duration of a standard work day, 9-5. They do their “homework” at school, so there is no homework, and make gym/recess longer. That way, most parents don’t have to pay for after school caretakers. Plus, sleep is extremely important for overall health, as well as mental and cognitive preformance. We wonder what’s up with the rise of ADD and ADHD, when all those symptoms are pretty much identical to lack of sleep. Sure they can go to bed earlier, but for pre-teens and adolescents, their natural circadian rhythm is to stay up later, like 11-12 pm.

The current school day hours are extremely incovienient for parents these days. They’re outdated and are more align for back parents wanted the kids home in time to finish their chores on the farm.
98% of Jobs start at 8 or earlier, ignoramus.
Do those jobs end at 330?
Well if you ever left your mommy’s basement you’d know a lot of people are forced to work OT.
I’ve been a homeowner since I was 26, now am 30. Used to work plenty of overtime as an RN, managing a pod, but took a demotion so I could go to law school at night. I’m now starting my L2 year. I’m actually going in with a rental property with a buddy. Just signed the tenants in this week.

And you’re point does nothing but help prove my point that the current school day hours are extremely incovienient for parents who usually work overtime, and have to get a sitter, or use lock and key programs. And then after they get home, have to help and monitor their kids with homework. Like it or not, it’s simple biology that pre-teens and adolescents have a circadian rhythm that tends to make them want to stay up later, like most adults, who would’ve thought. Why are we still using a 200 year old school system that’s catered for a more robust agricultural economy? That’s my whole point. California is bat shit crazy, their justification of this is stupid, and there’s a much better argument to be made to make this move. I would just add keep them there till 5 or so, have them finish their homework at school, extend gym/recess. That’s just scratching the surface on what’s wrong with our education system, but it’s a start. I doubt California is going to take the necessary steps to not fuck up their youth, but this isn’t a bad thing in my opinion.

Do you have anything to add that doesn’t involving using ad hominem arguments?

I found it!

View attachment 214208

You're kidding. Never heard of it being too hot for school! Or too cold. Must be worried about a lawsuit. Low 90's is hot but not THAT hot! Don't the buses have AC? The schools? So what is left but the short walk home, and half of them get picked up by their mommies anyway.

When I was a kid, you waited at the bus stop no matter what. I remember buses being 30 minutes late because the snow was so bad and we weren't allowed to go home. Come hell or high water, that bus got there with chains on and got you to school. And you went.

This is what I meant when I said I'm not getting into a thread long fiasco with you. You do it constantly, you don't present anything but your own opinion and 99% of the time you're full of shit. Now run along or I'll simply put you on ignore, nobody has time for your immature BS

Did you, or did you not say "Lot of them can't utter a syllable of it"?

I hardly see why this is such a big deal

Never said it was. I only brought it up for two reasons:

One is that the state is taking power away from the locals, and two, this is the kind of government we want to avoid for the entire country.

Why?

Actually...instead of calling it commie, which it isn’t...consider the merits because there are are some. It has nothing to do with preparing kids for the adult world because Kids are not adults. Not physiologically, not mentally, and not developmentally and not with what their bodies and brains need. The problem with early start times now is their day doesn’t start then. It starts much much earlier with hours simply spent on a bus. Start times are now staggered to accommodate bussing and that is a big driver behind these increasingly early start times.

You and I are probably the same age or close I think. Every school I went to I either walked, biked or had a bus ride that was maybe half an hour. I don’t think that is the case any. School consolidation means kids have to be up much earlier, get back much later and when you add in all the extra curricular stuff kids do these days along with homework, early to bed isn’t early enough. If you want to insist on comparing it to adults...the average work schedule is between 8 and 5, but school starts even earlier?

Some interesting info....

Later School Start Times: Lazy or Legit?

So adults don't have to wake up early to get ready for work, eat breakfast, commute to work?

I start at 7:00 am but I'm up at 5:30 to get ready for the day. Granted I do stay up until 11:00 pm or so, but I usually take an hour or two nap when I get home from work. I don't sacrifice sleep for anything because of how important it is.

Time is just a number. For those trying to site liberal studies that says kids do better because they start later, then WTF do they do when the time changes twice a year? After all, if they start school at 8:30 now, what do they do when time changes back and they are at school 7:30 the old time? It sounds like a farce to me.

Sure, people like to stay up late. I know I do, and I'm 58 years old! But the world doesn't revolve around me. My boss says be here at 7:00, I better be there at 7:00. It's discipline; something we should be teaching our kids; especially in the high school years.

We're the same age then :p

Why do you call them liberal studies? They aren't partisan.

Really?
Moving the school start time back an hour will destroy this "free nation"?

Untwist your panties there, shirley.

Freedom allows the state to make that choice.
Agree. I think this is a silly argument to pick. There is much worse to be perpetually outraged about.

Like what kind of shoes Melania wears?
Yes. That is very very important! Aren’t you outraged?

No, I'm not a liberal.
That's true. You were only outraged at Michelle Obama's kitchen garden :(

Really?
Moving the school start time back an hour will destroy this "free nation"?

Untwist your panties there, shirley.

Freedom allows the state to make that choice.
Agree. I think this is a silly argument to pick. There is much worse to be perpetually outraged about.

No, I'm not a liberal.

I never heard of her kitchen garden until now. And now that I have, I still have no idea what it was.

No, I'm not a liberal.

I never heard of her kitchen garden until now. And now that I have, I still have no idea what it was.
Well...I have to admit, I never heard anything about Melania's shoes until now either :lol:

Actually...instead of calling it commie, which it isn’t...consider the merits because there are are some. It has nothing to do with preparing kids for the adult world because Kids are not adults. Not physiologically, not mentally, and not developmentally and not with what their bodies and brains need. The problem with early start times now is their day doesn’t start then. It starts much much earlier with hours simply spent on a bus. Start times are now staggered to accommodate bussing and that is a big driver behind these increasingly early start times.

You and I are probably the same age or close I think. Every school I went to I either walked, biked or had a bus ride that was maybe half an hour. I don’t think that is the case any. School consolidation means kids have to be up much earlier, get back much later and when you add in all the extra curricular stuff kids do these days along with homework, early to bed isn’t early enough. If you want to insist on comparing it to adults...the average work schedule is between 8 and 5, but school starts even earlier?

Some interesting info....

Later School Start Times: Lazy or Legit?

So adults don't have to wake up early to get ready for work, eat breakfast, commute to work?

I start at 7:00 am but I'm up at 5:30 to get ready for the day. Granted I do stay up until 11:00 pm or so, but I usually take an hour or two nap when I get home from work. I don't sacrifice sleep for anything because of how important it is.

Time is just a number. For those trying to site liberal studies that says kids do better because they start later, then WTF do they do when the time changes twice a year? After all, if they start school at 8:30 now, what do they do when time changes back and they are at school 7:30 the old time? It sounds like a farce to me.

Sure, people like to stay up late. I know I do, and I'm 58 years old! But the world doesn't revolve around me. My boss says be here at 7:00, I better be there at 7:00. It's discipline; something we should be teaching our kids; especially in the high school years.

We're the same age then :p

Why do you call them liberal studies? They aren't partisan.

Because liberal studies are FOS. Time is just a number. In other words, if the entire country moved the clocks back two hours, we would all adjust and continue living our normal lives. It's like the example I gave of time change. When the clocks go back or forth an hour, we still wake up at X time and go to bed at X time.

It's not the clock on the wall, it's lack of discipline that keeps kids up. It's mental, not physical.

I found it!

View attachment 214208

You're kidding. Never heard of it being too hot for school! Or too cold. Must be worried about a lawsuit. Low 90's is hot but not THAT hot! Don't the buses have AC? The schools? So what is left but the short walk home, and half of them get picked up by their mommies anyway.

When I was a kid, you waited at the bus stop no matter what. I remember buses being 30 minutes late because the snow was so bad and we weren't allowed to go home. Come hell or high water, that bus got there with chains on and got you to school. And you went.

That's the point. Up north, we do have a lot of days kids don't go to school because of snow, but then they advanced it to being too cold outside. Now too hot outside. WTF can kids go to school anyway?

Like this law, we keep pandering to these children and that will have an affect on their adult life, because work doesn't pander to people. You need to do whatever it takes to make your employer happy.

I went to a private Catholic school; this was back in the 60's and early 70's. Our school didn't even have a fan yet alone AC. We wore dress pants and white dress shirts buttoned to the top so we could wear our mandated ties. On hot days, they let us take off the ties, but the windows were open and we just sweat it out.

Believe it or not, nobody ever died from it.

Forum List

Back