Commiefornia votes to ban schools from starting before 8:30am

Just when you think the state could't get more comical, here they come again.

They passed a bill to ban schools from starting before 8:30 am because they believe it would help if students got more sleep. Well duh! It's always been like that, but if a student needs more sleep, wouldn't it be more logical to go to sleep earlier?

Before liberalism, schools were designed to prepare kids for the adult world such as getting a job and going to work. So what's next when these kids get out of school, a law that states businesses can't open until 8:30?

A state has the right to do stupid things like this, but this is one of many reminders of what we don't want for the rest of the country.

California votes to bar schools from starting before 8:30am to help give students more sleep
Out of all the crazy shit they do, this one I could be for. What’s more logical is that students go to school for the duration of a standard work day, 9-5. They do their “homework” at school, so there is no homework, and make gym/recess longer. That way, most parents don’t have to pay for after school caretakers. Plus, sleep is extremely important for overall health, as well as mental and cognitive preformance. We wonder what’s up with the rise of ADD and ADHD, when all those symptoms are pretty much identical to lack of sleep. Sure they can go to bed earlier, but for pre-teens and adolescents, their natural circadian rhythm is to stay up later, like 11-12 pm.

The current school day hours are extremely incovienient for parents these days. They’re outdated and are more align for back parents wanted the kids home in time to finish their chores on the farm.
98% of Jobs start at 8 or earlier, ignoramus.
Do those jobs end at 330?
Well if you ever left your mommy’s basement you’d know a lot of people are forced to work OT.

They passed a bill to ban schools from starting before 8:30 am because they believe it would help if students got more sleep. Well duh! It's always been like that, but if a student needs more sleep, wouldn't it be more logical to go to sleep earlier?

Before liberalism, schools were designed to prepare kids for the adult world such as getting a job and going to work. So what's next when these kids get out of school, a law that states businesses can't open until 8:30?

A state has the right to do stupid things like this, but this is one of many reminders of what we don't want for the rest of the country.

California votes to bar schools from starting before 8:30am to help give students more sleep

Why does this trigger you, loser?

More from you faggot nanny staters loser. .

The government sets the time that schools start, they always have. What makes 7:30 any more magical than 8:30?
see previous posts

Your previous post had an error...

...now they are trying to force the kids to go to sleep on time!!!! hahahahahhahaha

Seems they are doing just the opposite, they have admitted that kids do not go to sleep on time so they are trying to give them more sleep time. Probably will not work, but seems such a minor thing.

Why is before 8 some magical number?

Gee for someone who claims n
They cite a study that says kids starting school later produces better results. But I guess all those illegals they take in that are holding up classes because they can't speak English is not the problem.

Sorta hard to learn when you can't understand the lesson being taught

That’s why they learn English.

Lot of them can't utter a syllable of it

Not true.

Sure it's true and I'm not going to get into one of your thread long BS things. It's annoying and unproductive

You are incorrect.

When I was a kid, a lot of the children had to get up before dawn to deliver newspapers or make it to the church to serve the 6 a.m. mass.

It never hurt us, in fact our school outperformed the failed Government school system by a wide margin.

see previous posts

...now they are trying to force the kids to go to sleep on time!!!! hahahahahhahaha

Seems they are doing just the opposite, they have admitted that kids do not go to sleep on time so they are trying to give them more sleep time. Probably will not work, but seems such a minor thing.

Sorta hard to learn when you can't understand the lesson being taught

Not true.

Sure it's true and I'm not going to get into one of your thread long BS things. It's annoying and unproductive

You are incorrect.
:crybaby::meow::blahblah:

Not true.

You are incorrect.

That’s a childish response to being corrected.

Because these are the people cut from the same cloth that want to run our entire country. Cradle-to-Gravers could end this free nation as we know it.

Really?
Moving the school start time back an hour will destroy this "free nation"?

Untwist your panties there, shirley.

Freedom allows the state to make that choice.
Agree. I think this is a silly argument to pick. There is much worse to be perpetually outraged about.

Not true.

You are incorrect.

You never corrected anyone, you simply stated your own worthless opinion. In fact reading your comments that's pretty much all you ever do. Now run along, you're annoying me

Because these are the people cut from the same cloth that want to run our entire country. Cradle-to-Gravers could end this free nation as we know it.

Really?

Agree. I think this is a silly argument to pick. There is much worse to be perpetually outraged about.

Like what kind of shoes Melania wears?

The red state kids are either home schooled to believe in Jesus riding on dinosaurs or they drop out to work the farm.

Oh, is that what they believe? Then you wonder why we refer to your kind as the Uninformed Voters.

Really?

Yes. That is very very important! Aren’t you outraged?

Cali moves up the time school starts and RW's go into a coma trying to figure out how to deal with it.

TFF

:lmao:

Actually...instead of calling it commie, which it isn’t...consider the merits because there are are some. It has nothing to do with preparing kids for the adult world because Kids are not adults. Not physiologically, not mentally, and not developmentally and not with what their bodies and brains need. The problem with early start times now is their day doesn’t start then. It starts much much earlier with hours simply spent on a bus. Start times are now staggered to accommodate bussing and that is a big driver behind these increasingly early start times.

You and I are probably the same age or close I think. Every school I went to I either walked, biked or had a bus ride that was maybe half an hour. I don’t think that is the case any. School consolidation means kids have to be up much earlier, get back much later and when you add in all the extra curricular stuff kids do these days along with homework, early to bed isn’t early enough. If you want to insist on comparing it to adults...the average work schedule is between 8 and 5, but school starts even earlier?

Some interesting info....

Later School Start Times: Lazy or Legit?

So adults don't have to wake up early to get ready for work, eat breakfast, commute to work?

I start at 7:00 am but I'm up at 5:30 to get ready for the day. Granted I do stay up until 11:00 pm or so, but I usually take an hour or two nap when I get home from work. I don't sacrifice sleep for anything because of how important it is.

Time is just a number. For those trying to site liberal studies that says kids do better because they start later, then WTF do they do when the time changes twice a year? After all, if they start school at 8:30 now, what do they do when time changes back and they are at school 7:30 the old time? It sounds like a farce to me.

Sure, people like to stay up late. I know I do, and I'm 58 years old! But the world doesn't revolve around me. My boss says be here at 7:00, I better be there at 7:00. It's discipline; something we should be teaching our kids; especially in the high school years.

Really?

Yes. That is very very important! Aren’t you outraged?

No, I'm not a liberal.

More from you faggot nanny staters loser. .

^Another triggered loser.

Not true.

You are incorrect.

You never corrected anyone, you simply stated your own worthless opinion. ...me

Not opinion - fact. Don’t be afraid to learn.

just think about how early the kids on the east coast have to be in school - :rolleyes:

just think about how early the kids on the east coast have to be in school - :rolleyes:

And we do just fine thank you.

I watch in wonder every morning how we don't have more accidents where I live. I watch these idiots who don't have the brains to wake up early enough in the morning to make it to work on time. They wake up at the last minute, drive like morons weaving in and out of traffic 30 mph over the speed limit on the highway, all because they don't want to get up a half hour earlier to travel to work safely.

I'm sure in most cases it's learned behavior. Eventually they will kill themselves, and I'm fine with that as long as they don't kill any innocents in the process.

Forum List

Back