Commiefornia votes to ban schools from starting before 8:30am

a later start time could have to do with something logical - say like, oooo I dont know, giving kids parents or a school bus MORE TIME to get them to school in one of the most traffic congested states in the country ...

of course what RW'r ever applied logic to a scenario ??

Then I'll ask the question again: what are working parents supposed to do now that they can't see their children off to school and then go to work? Are they supposed to tell their employer they can't start until later because of this new law?

DDDUUUUHHHHH DERP DERP .. ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

they can leave home at the same time then have more time to get there .... YA IDGET !
Takes 45 minutes to drive 10 miles in Calif, Dufus.

When will children learn that the world doesn't revolve around them, and what is ideal for their supposed "needs"? Once they graduate and they will start working the graveyard shift or other schedule based on the EMPLOYERS needs. High school is a good opportunity for the young people to learn reality.

Just when you think the state could't get more comical, here they come again.

They passed a bill to ban schools from starting before 8:30 am because they believe it would help if students got more sleep. Well duh! It's always been like that, but if a student needs more sleep, wouldn't it be more logical to go to sleep earlier?

Before liberalism, schools were designed to prepare kids for the adult world such as getting a job and going to work. So what's next when these kids get out of school, a law that states businesses can't open until 8:30?

A state has the right to do stupid things like this, but this is one of many reminders of what we don't want for the rest of the country.

California votes to bar schools from starting before 8:30am to help give students more sleep

Studies have shown that youngsters need more sleep and should get sufficient sleep. Why do you call something like this "commie"? Communism is an economic form. Get some education.

Common sense shows if a child needs more sleep a parent should make sure they are in bed at a decent hour

a later start time could have to do with something logical - say like, oooo I dont know, giving kids parents or a school bus MORE TIME to get them to school in one of the most traffic congested states in the country ...

of course what RW'r ever applied logic to a scenario ??

Then I'll ask the question again: what are working parents supposed to do now that they can't see their children off to school and then go to work? Are they supposed to tell their employer they can't start until later because of this new law?

DDDUUUUHHHHH DERP DERP .. ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

they can leave home at the same time then have more time to get there .... YA IDGET !

What????? Who can leave home at the same time? If you have to be at work at 8:00am but your kids bus doesn't come until 8:00 am, HTF are you supposed to leave early?

leave time DOES NOT CHANGE - later school start time affords kids/parents more time to get to school.

how fucking dumb are RW's ?-- the majority of these goobers couldnt run a 10 cent lemonade stand with a roll of nickles ---

I'm worried that the right wingers are spreading themselves a lttle thin worrying about California's schools. They spend so much time posting about California's evils the way it is, do they really have time to get involved in what our schools do also? I mean, some of them must have jobs and families of their own no?

When will children learn that the world doesn't revolve around them, and what is ideal for their supposed "needs"? Once they graduate and they will start working the graveyard shift or other schedule based on the EMPLOYERS needs. High school is a good opportunity for the young people to learn reality.

We are raising eggshells instead of human beings. And look at the comments by the left! They are so accustomed to the nanny state they don't even realize when more nanny state is introduced.

..yes, and they have breakfast at some of our schools--that should be the parents' responsibility

They passed a bill to ban schools from starting before 8:30 am because they believe it would help if students got more sleep. Well duh! It's always been like that, but if a student needs more sleep, wouldn't it be more logical to go to sleep earlier?

Before liberalism, schools were designed to prepare kids for the adult world such as getting a job and going to work. So what's next when these kids get out of school, a law that states businesses can't open until 8:30?

A state has the right to do stupid things like this, but this is one of many reminders of what we don't want for the rest of the country.

California votes to bar schools from starting before 8:30am to help give students more sleep

Studies have shown that youngsters need more sleep and should get sufficient sleep. Why do you call something like this "commie"? Communism is an economic form. Get some education.
If kids need more sleep then go to bed earlier.

School is a preparation for adult life.
exactly---how simple can it be that they can't understand it?
....if the parents/kids don't have the discipline to get sleep, they DON'T have the discipline to do well/do homework/study/etc

I'm worried that the right wingers are spreading themselves a lttle thin worrying about California's schools. They spend so much time posting about California's evils the way it is, do they really have time to get involved in what our schools do also? I mean, some of them must have jobs and families of their own no?
Why should we not be concerned about the welfare of children? Obviously the Left doesn’t give a damn. California had the #1 education system under Ronnie. Now it’s 49. Probably 50 because that was a year ago.

Out of all the crazy shit they do, this one I could be for. What’s more logical is that students go to school for the duration of a standard work day, 9-5. They do their “homework” at school, so there is no homework, and make gym/recess longer. That way, most parents don’t have to pay for after school caretakers. Plus, sleep is extremely important for overall health, as well as mental and cognitive preformance. We wonder what’s up with the rise of ADD and ADHD, when all those symptoms are pretty much identical to lack of sleep. Sure they can go to bed earlier, but for pre-teens and adolescents, their natural circadian rhythm is to stay up later, like 11-12 pm.

The current school day hours are extremely incovienient for parents these days. They’re outdated and are more align for back parents wanted the kids home in time to finish their chores on the farm.

..yes, and they have breakfast at some of our schools--that should be the parents' responsibility

....if the parents/kids don't have the discipline to get sleep, they DON'T have the discipline to do well/do homework/study/etc

I used to have a neighbor kid next door that had a basketball hoop. I had to call the cops several times on them because the entire neighborhood of kids were here past 10:00 pm on school nights. I always asked myself WFT are the parents of these kids who let them out this late on a school night?

I guess we need a 8:30 law here too so the kids can stay out late and cause trouble for the neighbors.

Schools around the US are finally pushing back their start times — and it's working

https://www.quora.com/What-time-of-day-do-most-high-schools-in-the-United-States-start-and-end
Oh no 45 even red commie states have pushed back times.

Out of all the crazy shit they do, this one I could be for. What’s more logical is that students go to school for the duration of a standard work day, 9-5. They do their “homework” at school, so there is no homework, and make gym/recess longer. That way, most parents don’t have to pay for after school caretakers. Plus, sleep is extremely important for overall health, as well as mental and cognitive preformance. We wonder what’s up with the rise of ADD and ADHD, when all those symptoms are pretty much identical to lack of sleep. Sure they can go to bed earlier, but for pre-teens and adolescents, their natural circadian rhythm is to stay up later, like 11-12 pm.

The current school day hours are extremely incovienient for parents these days. They’re outdated and are more align for back parents wanted the kids home in time to finish their chores on the farm.
98% of Jobs start at 8 or earlier, ignoramus.

Schools around the US are finally pushing back their start times — and it's working

https://www.quora.com/What-time-of-day-do-most-high-schools-in-the-United-States-start-and-end
Oh no 45 even red commie states have pushed back times.

fucking with their tiny little brain ?

98% of Jobs start at 8 or earlier, ignoramus.

have a 1st grader tell you the difference between a job and going to class ...

yes, I've always made made kids go to sleep at a decent time--not 930 or 10 PM
...some of my coworkers say they go to sleep at 11 or midnight!! not good for the body at all
...this is the stupid crap I've been saying for a long time----they pass too many laws/stupid laws....
they need to take some off the book
..a lot of them look good on paper/''feel'' so nice and lovable--but in reality are just plain dumbshit

This is nanny state with a capital N. To think that people waste time on nonsense like this is ridiculous. Voters there must be really Fn stupid or something.
Then count in another 44 fucking stupid voter states, besides a lot of school districts have pushed back the times because some kids were waiting for the bus in the dark.

I used to have a neighbor kid next door that had a basketball hoop. I had to call the cops several times on them because the entire neighborhood of kids were here past 10:00 pm on school nights. I always asked myself WFT are the parents of these kids who let them out this late on a school night?

I guess we need a 8:30 law here too so the kids can stay out late and cause trouble for the neighbors.
you MUST be a racist for calling cops on BBall '''players'''
[ I thought I'd call you out on that, as some of our members will ]

Forum List

Back