Commiefornia votes to ban schools from starting before 8:30am

They are looking for better outcomes by following scientific advice.
The kids should get better results.
Where is the problem ?

The problem is government making law in exchange for personal decisions.
Lol, who do you think decided on 7:30 as the start time?

Well if you read the OP, many citizens think that should be left up to the locals and school board as it always has been. Now the state is trying to overrule what the locals decide.

Now this I agree with 100%, it should be up to the local schools

On numerous other threads, I’m constantly told that the State government has zero to do with education. And that local school boards have all of the power. One dumbass even thinks it’s the teacher unions who set policy. LOL

Of course that is only when the State Governor is from the GOP. Amazingly, when the regressive right gets triggered, it is ALL at the fault of the State when it comes to education policy.

Just when you think the state could't get more comical, here they come again.

They passed a bill to ban schools from starting before 8:30 am because they believe it would help if students got more sleep. Well duh! It's always been like that, but if a student needs more sleep, wouldn't it be more logical to go to sleep earlier?

Before liberalism, schools were designed to prepare kids for the adult world such as getting a job and going to work. So what's next when these kids get out of school, a law that states businesses can't open until 8:30?

A state has the right to do stupid things like this, but this is one of many reminders of what we don't want for the rest of the country.

California votes to bar schools from starting before 8:30am to help give students more sleep
There's some pretty significant research behind the idea. Teens are biologically predisposed to stay up late. Sending them to bed earlier doesn't usually result in them going to sleep earlier. A later start time means more alert students and better results for said students.

Why are you against this?

This applies right up to high school. WTF are these kids going to do when they have to get up at 5:00 am to get ready for work? Aren't we supposed to teach them that they have to cater to the rest of the world instead of the other way around?

a later start time could have to do with something logical - say like, oooo I dont know, giving kids parents or a school bus MORE TIME to get them to school in one of the most traffic congested states in the country ...

of course what RW'r ever applied logic to a scenario ??

a later start time could have to do with something logical - say like, oooo I dont know, giving kids parents or a school bus MORE TIME to get them to school in one of the most traffic congested states in the country ...

Then I'll ask the question again: what are working parents supposed to do now that they can't see their children off to school and then go to work? Are they supposed to tell their employer they can't start until later because of this new law?

Traffic created by Democrats policies so they force working parents to either lose their jobs or leave their child alone as a solution.

Leftards are a menace to civilization.

On numerous other threads, I’m constantly told that the State government has zero to do with education. And that local school boards have all of the power. One dumbass even thinks it’s the teacher unions who set policy. LOL

Of course that is only when the State Governor is from the GOP. Amazingly, when the regressive right gets triggered, it is ALL at the fault of the State when it comes to education policy.

Brown is GOP?????

Brown is GOP?????

No.

Then I'll ask the question again: what are working parents supposed to do now that they can't see their children off to school and then go to work? Are they supposed to tell their employer they can't start until later because of this new law?

DDDUUUUHHHHH DERP DERP .. ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

they can leave home at the same time then have more time to get there .... YA IDGET !

They are looking for better outcomes by following scientific advice.
The kids should get better results.
Where is the problem ?
really--? you don't know?
.....they are trying to be PARENTS--that's not the government's job and it doesn't work!
....like other members said, the kids will just stay up later
...it's like MObama's school lunch program--looks good on paper, but does not work in reality
...if my kids went to a public school and the government tried to force/tell my kids what to eat, there would be a lot of fireworks
...now they are trying to force the kids to go to sleep on time!!!! hahahahahhahaha
stupid/etc
They are responding to scientific data in a responsible way. You can still keep your kids up till midnight if it suits you.

LMAO @ "scientific data". It's more leftist BS
I know you are a conservative science denier but there is real peer reviewed reasearch on the matter under discussion.

Delaying School Starting Time by One Hour: Some Effects on Attention Levels in Adolescents

Not that any of you conservitards will bother to read it.
socioeconomic/culture/etc plays a big part in schooling
what type of schools/school/race/etc was the study done on?
Looking at national test scores, private schools come out on top
t 43% of the nation’s private schools are virtually all-white
Which One Is Better? Private School vs Public School
State High School Graduation Rates By Race, Ethnicity
not hate/bigotry/etc---but facts

Brown is GOP?????
The Left are on Turbo Lie Mode until at least November.

They passed a bill to ban schools from starting before 8:30 am because they believe it would help if students got more sleep. Well duh! It's always been like that, but if a student needs more sleep, wouldn't it be more logical to go to sleep earlier?

Before liberalism, schools were designed to prepare kids for the adult world such as getting a job and going to work. So what's next when these kids get out of school, a law that states businesses can't open until 8:30?

A state has the right to do stupid things like this, but this is one of many reminders of what we don't want for the rest of the country.

California votes to bar schools from starting before 8:30am to help give students more sleep

Studies have shown that youngsters need more sleep and should get sufficient sleep. Why do you call something like this "commie"? Communism is an economic form. Get some education.

they can leave home at the same time then have more time to get there .... YA IDGET !

What????? Who can leave home at the same time? If you have to be at work at 8:00am but your kids bus doesn't come until 8:00 am, HTF are you supposed to leave early?

What????? Who can leave home at the same time? If you have to be at work at 8:00am but your kids bus doesn't come until 8:00 am, HTF are you supposed to leave early?
Easy. Time travel or Star Trek transporter.

Studies have shown that youngsters need more sleep and should get sufficient sleep. Why do you call something like this "commie"? Communism is an economic form. Get some education.

Then WTF don't they get to sleep earlier like adults have to? Are we not supposed to be training these kids to be adults?

If kids need more sleep then go to bed earlier.

School is a preparation for adult life.

Forum List

Back