Committee Votes To Release Trumps' Taxes 24-16. Tell Me Why ThisI isn't Partisan Bullsh#T

Every candidate since 1976 has released his or her tax returns.

Trump promised he would after Audits were complete, but as it turns out, no one was ever auditing him.
A politician broke a promise, how unique.

If you read my tax returns, you’d learn a ton about me.

Not sure why someone would claim that Trump’s tax returns tell you nothing, unless they’re just made up.
The only thing you learn about someone using tax returns is how much money they made that year and how many deductions they took. That's not much.

The only thing you learn about someone using tax returns is how much money they made that year and how many deductions they took. That's not much.
Its a lot, especially if you’re finding out where they got their money from. Where their debt lies.

It’s clearly not nothing.

Let's argue there was. Do you understand how hard it is to feel bad for a guy that routinely sat in front of the camera and lied to the country about his taxes?
I don't expect anyone to feel bad for him, I just want our congress to abide by the laws...that's it..

It of course does. If you can't figure it out, that's your problem. And I know why you have that problem.

No, explain where he gave them aid and comfort? I know you just want to believe that, but it doesn't meet the definition of aid and comfort.

The documents were redacted to remove personally identification information.

His tax returns are available to Senate Finance Committee which will be controlled by democrats in the new congress. Thus the Senate can pickup the audit/investigation in the new year where the House left off.

The Tax returns would be made public without any action by the House. They would be leaked. There are about 25 members of the House Ways and Means Committee and about 15 members of Senate Finance Committee. All of these congressmen would have access to the returns as well as people working their office. Nothing remains a secret that is released to congressional committees.

(a)General rule

Returns and return information shall be confidential, and except as authorized by this title—

(1)Return
The term “return” means any tax or information return, declaration of estimated tax, or claim for refund required by, or provided for or permitted under, the provisions of this title which is filed with the Secretary by, on behalf of, or with respect to any person, and any amendment or supplement thereto, including supporting schedules, attachments, or lists which are supplemental to, or part of, the return so filed.

The term “return” means any tax or information return, declaration of estimated tax, or claim for refund required by, or provided for or permitted under, the provisions of this title which is filed with the Secretary by, on behalf of, or with respect to any person, and any amendment or supplement thereto, including supporting schedules, attachments, or lists which are supplemental to, or part of, the return so filed.
(2)Return informationThe term “return information” means—
(A)
a taxpayer’s identity, the nature, source, or amount of his income, payments, receipts, deductions, exemptions, credits, assets, liabilities, net worth, tax liability, tax withheld, deficiencies, overassessments, or tax payments, whether the taxpayer’s return was, is being, or will be examined or subject to other investigation or processing, or any other data, received by, recorded by, prepared by, furnished to, or collected by the Secretary with respect to a return or with respect to the determination of the existence, or possible existence, of liability (or the amount thereof) of any person under this title for any tax, penalty, interest, fine, forfeiture, or other imposition, or offense,

(f)Disclosure to Committees of Congress
(1)Committee on Ways and Means, Committee on Finance, and Joint Committee on Taxation
Upon written request from the chairman of the Committee on Ways and Means of the House of Representatives, the chairman of the Committee on Finance of the Senate, or the chairman of the Joint Committee on Taxation, the Secretary shall furnish such committee with any return or return information specified in such request, except that any return or return information which can be associated with, or otherwise identify, directly or indirectly, a particular taxpayer shall be furnished to such committee only when sitting in closed executive session unless such taxpayer otherwise consents in writing to such disclosure.
https://www.law.cornell.edu/definit...btitle:F:chapter:61:subchapter:B:section:6103

Redacting names and addresses doesn't satisfy the secrecy requirements. Return information is pretty much all the information shown on the return, and it does identify a person, because we know who's information it is.

Basically, if the information points to a particular person, the informarion can only be obtained in closed executive session.

The documents were redacted to remove personally identification information.

His tax returns are available to Senate Finance Committee which will be controlled by democrats in the new congress. Thus the Senate can pickup the audit/investigation in the new year where the House left off.

The Tax returns would be made public without any action by the House. They would be leaked. There are about 25 members of the House Ways and Means Committee and about 15 members of Senate Finance Committee. All of these congressmen would have access to the returns as well as people working their office. Nothing remains a secret that is released to congressional committees.
Right, now no one can tell it's Trump's tax returns...lol.

The law also says if it can indirectly be connected to a particular person, it can only be released with that person's written permission.

yes, yes they were. so why in the world are you claimng they needed to disclouse their donors?

IRS apologizes for targeting conservative groups​

I want to know who is trying to buy our Democracy, don't you?
The IRS never should have apologized for enforcing the law.

Yes, we know. It sends that message that outsiders are not welcome in the country club that is Washington, and that they will be hounded for the rest of their lives if they dare to challenge the power structure, especially if they have the clout to actually bring about change.

You are right. I don't want some crazy billionaire buying our government. I want Trump to go to prison, I want his family bankrupted, I want him made an example of so the next guy says, "I am not going to even think about that!"

Well, if that's how you want to look at it, I can't stop you. Had TRUMP! not run for president, none of you would have given a flying rat's patoot about his taxes, his children, his wife's underwear drawer or anything about him. He was an outsider, so you're told to be outraged about all of it, to the point that it's almost impossible to have a thread about he current president without some dope jumping in with, "But TRUMP! But TRUMP! But TRUMP!".

Uh, right. And people talked about Hitler for decades, too. Imagine that.

I want to know who is trying to buy our Democracy, don't you?
The IRS never should have apologized for enforcing the law.
they weren’t enforcing the law. they were targeting specific groups for political purposes.

i don’t need to know who donated to organizations…it’s not my business nor the govts. We have seen the demafasict target these groups, they will then target the individuals. The SCOTUS ruled on this years ago when your demafasict were targeting groups in the 60s…see Alabama v NAACP.

they weren’t enforcing the law. they were targeting specific groups for political purposes.

i don’t need to know who donated to organizations…it’s not my business nor the govts. We have seen the demafasict target these groups, they will then target the individuals. The SCOTUS ruled on this years ago when your demafasict were targeting groups in the 60s…see Alabama v NAACP.
You're babbling again.

The fact that we have so much dark money in our elections is really a problem, I am sorry you are too stupid to see it.

Forum List

Back