Committee Votes To Release Trumps' Taxes 24-16. Tell Me Why ThisI isn't Partisan Bullsh#T

How are they going to smear Trump because he exaggerates. We all know that. The perception of trump will not change. IF they are releasing them then there is something juicy.

NYT reports says that they have obtained these records that report Trump just paid $750 in federal income taxes in 2016, and that same tiny amount the following year. Trump paid no income tax at all in 11 out of the 18 years that the Times examined after obtaining his tax-return data.

Yeah I want to see them
Trump paid no income tax at all in 11 out of the 18 years that the Times examined after obtaining his tax-return data.

Maddow got her fingers burned pursuing that, remember?

You folks know, I am not a Trump supporter, not a party member and have stated my Independent status many times. That said, what is this action other than partisan bullsh#t? While quite aware, it has become tradition for a candidate before an election, but this crap is about him not doing it before the 2016 election and whether I liked or you liked it or not, he was elected, anyway. That was then. This is now. I am aware, the Supreme Court the Supreme Court ordered that he release the information to Congressional scrutiny. I am good with that, but they never said release it to the public, that I am aware of. This is just a spitefull, partisan action and I tend to think, public release at this point is an undue release, an invasion of privacy (even if he's an asshole) and possibly illegal. My representative is on that committee and voted against. Barring him not doing something stupid (which he doesn't have much history of) I shall vote for him again, next time he runs.

Trump's supporters can just insist its all fake news.

Problem solved.

How are they going to smear Trump because he exaggerates. We all know that. The perception of trump will not change. IF they are releasing them then there is something juicy.

NYT reports says that they have obtained these records that report Trump just paid $750 in federal income taxes in 2016, and that same tiny amount the following year. Trump paid no income tax at all in 11 out of the 18 years that the Times examined after obtaining his tax-return data.

Yeah I want to see them

Tax breaks. Trump has been the most audited person in country by the IRS. If there was some discrepancy, don't you think the IRS would have been on it? He would have already been sued for back taxes, and it would have been all over the news.

You folks know, I am not a Trump supporter, not a party member and have stated my Independent status many times. That said, what is this action other than partisan bullsh#t? While quite aware, it has become tradition for a candidate before an election, but this crap is about him not doing it before the 2016 election and whether I liked or you liked it or not, he was elected, anyway. That was then. This is now. I am aware, the Supreme Court the Supreme Court ordered that he release the information to Congressional scrutiny. I am good with that, but they never said release it to the public, that I am aware of. This is just a spitefull, partisan action and I tend to think, public release at this point is an undue release, an invasion of privacy (even if he's an asshole) and possibly illegal. My representative is on that committee and voted against. Barring him not doing something stupid (which he doesn't have much history of) I shall vote for him again, next time he runs.

Well W6, I've been told that there is no law saying you have to release your tax returns and no other president has had many corporations, stock holders and board of directors to protect from competition. Further, if there was anything wrong with his taxes, wouldn't the IRS have already known that? So yes, why then would the SCOTUS ORDER his returns released, and just what does some 100% partisan committee need to see them for other than for another witch hunt to find a crime to fit their needs or to invent one?

You are right: total BS.

The American people deserve to know if their president is involved financially with other governments.

Why? You mean ILLEGALLY involved with other countries, and name me any big business this day NOT involved with other countries!

And if he was, the IRS would have already caught that.

Just remember you asked for that when we start digging into Biden's many nefarious connections with China, Ukraine, Russia, and Turkmenistan.

Well W6, I've been told that there is no law saying you have to release your tax returns and no other president has had many corporations, stock holders and board of directors to protect from competition. Further, if there was anything wrong with his taxes, wouldn't the IRS have already known that? So yes, why then would the SCOTUS ORDER his returns released, and just what does some 100% partisan committee need to see them for other than for another witch hunt to find a crime to fit their needs or to invent one?

You are right: total BS.

Your ilk can just insist that the tax returns are fake news and they will disappear (to you anyway).

Problem solved.

But proving you are natural born IS, and Obumma never proved that until YEARS after in office when his people dug up some bad fabrication.

Says you, citing yourself. Which doesn't amount to much. His birth certificate legally established his place of birth: Hawaii. Which was a state in 1961.

Remember, Obama was subject to the standards of the actual law. Not whatever conspiracy nonsense you made up.

Yep, seems partisan!!!!

Though, I did read that because this was so slow walked and appealed and appealed again and all of those tactics by Trump that was used the past 6 years by him, to right now, finally getting them right when the committee is changing hands to a republican congress, they can not do the work they need to do with his taxes reviewed, for any possible legislating, because the republicans now in charge plan to squash it.

So, just maybe....maybe the release is so that they can be able to review them, and keeps them from being sent underground for another 6 years by the Rs?

Remember, they legally had the right to get these taxes years and years ago, it was Trump that stalled it, over and over and over again....

I am just guessing this could be the case???

It still doesn't make it right....

What they are doing is beyond stupid and the fallout from it is on them!

They open these Pandora Boxes and when it bite them in the ass they complain!

Trump tax returns are not required by law to be released to the public and the USSC will have to make a ruling because you damn well know Trump lawyers are already going to try to stop this release!
So? There have been three different rulings concerning trump releasing his tax records, including one by the supreme court. Trump lost every one, but was able to delay complying. Of course he is going to try to fight it again, but the stunts he has used can't be used again.

So? There have been three different rulings concerning trump releasing his tax records, including one by the supreme court. Trump lost every one, but was able to delay complying. Of course he is going to try to fight it again, but the stunts he has used can't be used again.

I want to see your tax returns. Pony up

Is it illegal to release to the public someone's tax returns?

"Almost certainly. 26 U.S.C. § 7213 (3) makes it unlawful for “ any person ” willfully to publish or print an unauthorized tax return. Maddow (or anyone else) could be facing a felony charge; up to five years in jail; and a fine of up to $5,000. Now, MSNBC and Maddow are probably banking on a federal court finding 26 U.S.C. § 7213 (3) unconstitutional."

Trump promised to release his taxes as soon as the IRS audits are over

Well, they are over

Is it illegal to release to the public someone's tax returns?

"Almost certainly. 26 U.S.C. § 7213 (3) makes it unlawful for “ any person ” willfully to publish or print an unauthorized tax return. Maddow (or anyone else) could be facing a felony charge; up to five years in jail; and a fine of up to $5,000. Now, MSNBC and Maddow are probably banking on a federal court finding 26 U.S.C. § 7213 (3) unconstitutional."

Is it illegal to 'release' a public document to the public?

Forum List

Back