"Common Sense" Gun Control

I have and am speaking to rifles which you want to ban. What are those numbers ?

It has to be zero, because I never said I wanted to ban any rifle.

Explain why you make this shit up! Do you have to be a liar about everything? Are you that fucked up in your head?

You don't support the President's call to ban Semi-auto assault rifles ?

No, I don't. I support a registration that has to be renewed at the local police to make sure the weapons don't get into the wrong hands.

Why do you people think that the size of a magazine is anything but a red herring.

You just admitted that there are very effective ways of firing just as many rounds in almost the same amount if time with smaller mags so really what is the reason for limiting the size of the mag?

BTW I don't own even one 30 round mag for any of my rifles because I know I can get off as many shots as I want with my 10 and 15 round mags.

I'm not impressed by someone misusing the term red herring.

It's just common sense to limit magazine size and I'd limit it to five rounds, like they do in hunting in some states.

You want to argue that limiting magazine size has no effect in a shootout or mass murder situation and that just doesn't make sense to any rational person. The fact is you are irrational and you don't have the sense to realize that when society has to deal with a group of irrational people, we are going to make laws harder on them than we would if they acting like rational people.

You are your own worse enemy. You don't have the numbers to win this battle and you're going to lose either way. We're not going to make laws based on what the kooks want.

The only reason I want to keep my 30 round magazines is because the bad guys have them and I don't intend to be a dead victim because I was 20 rounds short. That seems entirely rational to me and I call these proposed gun bans "victim disarmament" laws.

Call them what you want, I want a system to take the guns out of the criminal hands.

By the way, Dubya, like his namesake, lied about the new law in New York, it actually makes possession of previously legal magazines a crime. It also turns out that I was right in my assertion that you cannot retrofit a "high capacity" magazine to make it legal.

19 § 46-a. The penal law is amended by adding two new sections 265.36 and
20 265.37 to read as follows:
21 § 265.36 Unlawful possession of a large capacity ammunition feeding
22 device.
23 It shall be unlawful for a person to knowingly possess a large capaci-
24 ty ammunition feeding device manufactured before September thirteenth,
25 nineteen hundred ninety-four, and if such person lawfully possessed such
26 large capacity feeding device before the effective date of the chapter
27 of the laws of two thousand thirteen which added this section, that has
28 a capacity of, or that can be readily restored or converted to accept,
29 more than ten rounds of ammunition.
30 An individual who has a reasonable belief that such device is of such
31 a character that it may lawfully be possessed and who surrenders or
32 lawfully disposes of such device within thirty days of being notified by
33 law enforcement or county licensing officials that such possession is
34 unlawful shall not be guilty of this offense. It shall be a rebuttable
35 presumption that such person knows that such large capacity ammunition
36 feeding device may not be lawfully possessed if he or she has been
37 contacted by law enforcement or county licensing officials and informed
38 that such device may not be lawfully possessed.
39 Unlawful possession of a large capacity ammunition feeding device is a
40 class A misdemeanor.
NY Gun Law Text

Let's see if that survives the inevitable court challenge. It sounds like an Ex Post Facto law to me.

Ex post facto is retroactively applying a law after it is passed, this is simply making the future possession of something illegal. There is no reason this will loose simply because you don't understand how the law works.

So you want to ban all firearms ?

You're a moron and after this thread if you keep talking about me instead of the issues, I'll put you on ignore because your shit isn't worth reading. I'm not the subject, motherfucker!

The question is in the context of the rifles you want to ban versus the number of crimes with all guns.

By you changing from rifle numbers to all gun numbers the question: is the answer then banning all guns ?, is logical to the discussion.

But ignore is much easier

Are you just stupid? You can't quote where I ever asked any weapon to be banned in this whole forum, but you keep saying I have, like a fucking fool.

You have a mental problem, boy!

Just so you know there was no gun used in the Petit murders. The scum bags clubbed the husband and burned the wife and daughters alive. Do you think he wished he had a gun?

My wife has her concealed carry permit and she is a good shot.

And I have taken martial arts and am currently taking Krav Maga. But I have no illusions of being Neo from the matrix. I'd rather drop a guy trying to do me harm with a chestful of buckshot or a hollow point .45 than by hand to hand fighting.

Another thing i know is that no matter how good a fighter you think you are that there is always someone a little better than you.

Gee i wear my seat belt in a car I guess that's just living in fear.

Oh I also wear a helmet on a motorcycle I must be terrified.

That you won't face the fact that there are real dangers in the world means you are living in an ovine state of denial.

I was almost killed by an axe murder when I was six year old. I know about danger, I just don't live in fear.

I'm not afraid because I am not defenseless as you would want me to be

You are the one who is afraid which is why you want to restrict weapon ownership so the bad guys can't hurt you.

I want laws to keep guns out of criminal's hands and if makes it harder for you to get one, that's just too bad.

The violent crime stats I've posted included things like purse snatching and pick pocketing. It included auto theft, burglary, property theft and robbery. Once you get to robbery, it's person to person, but what they did was look at any situation that could become violent, like you find someone stealing something in your backyard and try to stop them, so it become violent. Those stats are limited to what people normally think are violent crimes like assault to murder.

Does someone have to spell out the obvious that the violence I'm talking about with guns is gun violence?

Then you ramble on as if these changes in the law do away with guns and they obviously don't. What's with you people? You've been brainwashed by the NRA into thinking any changes in gun law will take away you gun. That's just crazy talk from an organization looking out for it's own financial interests. The American people are not doing away with the 2nd Amendment and if they ever do, it has to be a constitutional process. There is no support for that.

The violent crime stats you posted included things that are not violent crimes? How am I responsible for your attempt to mislead people?

I'm not attempting to mislead anyone and that's why I used homicide by gun stats to make comparisons. You tried to avoid that and that's how violent crime entered the picture. The best general crime stats for the US are FBI crime stats and I haven't posted them here.

Since these threads are about gun control and not crime, the only crime I'm interested in is gun related. When I'm talking about guns and violence, it ought to be obvious what violence I'm talking about. If you want to make a case that without guns other violence increases, then prove it. Just remember one though, there is a big difference between being stabbed and dead from a gunshot.

As I pointed out, homicide by gun includes self defense, suicide, justifiable homicide, shootings involving police, and, to show just how stupid it is, it even includes legal executions that use guns. You are attempting to deceive people again, I refuse to fall into your trap.

This thread is not about gun control, it is about the idiotic that Obama is calling common sense gun control, none of which is anything less than an attempt to prove to idiots that he is doing something to fix a problem that only exists in the minds of morons.

Why do you right-wingers keep acting like someone wants to take your gun?

Because assholes like Cuomo and the legislator in Iowa keep talking about confiscation.

Do you have a like proving that?

That New York legislation let people keep their assault weapons.

They made every magazine in the state illegal, which really pissed off a bunch of retired police officers.

By the way, Dubya, like his namesake, lied about the new law in New York, it actually makes possession of previously legal magazines a crime. It also turns out that I was right in my assertion that you cannot retrofit a "high capacity" magazine to make it legal.

19 § 46-a. The penal law is amended by adding two new sections 265.36 and
20 265.37 to read as follows:
21 § 265.36 Unlawful possession of a large capacity ammunition feeding
22 device.
23 It shall be unlawful for a person to knowingly possess a large capaci-
24 ty ammunition feeding device manufactured before September thirteenth,
25 nineteen hundred ninety-four, and if such person lawfully possessed such
26 large capacity feeding device before the effective date of the chapter
27 of the laws of two thousand thirteen which added this section, that has
28 a capacity of, or that can be readily restored or converted to accept,
29 more than ten rounds of ammunition.
30 An individual who has a reasonable belief that such device is of such
31 a character that it may lawfully be possessed and who surrenders or
32 lawfully disposes of such device within thirty days of being notified by
33 law enforcement or county licensing officials that such possession is
34 unlawful shall not be guilty of this offense. It shall be a rebuttable
35 presumption that such person knows that such large capacity ammunition
36 feeding device may not be lawfully possessed if he or she has been
37 contacted by law enforcement or county licensing officials and informed
38 that such device may not be lawfully possessed.
39 Unlawful possession of a large capacity ammunition feeding device is a
40 class A misdemeanor.
NY Gun Law Text

Quote where I mentioned the magazines or be a liar!

You do know this site has a search function, don't you? You are the one that claimed that it is legal to adapt magazines to hold fewer rounds.

You can easily adapt a magazine to hold less rounds and I was talking about rifles, not revolvers, because they don't have a magazine. The gun illegal thing is nonsense.

We just know she was killed first. I don't know if she was shot or what. Do you?

The evidence is he killed her and stole her guns. Unless you have something to contradict that I stand by that statement.

We don't know how she was killed, because the only evidence is she is dead.

Right.

First, he killed his mother.

Sandy Hook School Shooting: Adam Lanza Kills 26 And Himself At Connecticut School (LIVE UPDATES)

You must be paid to be stupid.

Are you just stupid? You can't quote where I ever asked any weapon to be banned in this whole forum, but you keep saying I have, like a fucking fool.

You have a mental problem, boy!

I'm not just stupid.

Ok if you're not for banning good on ya !

Concealment was a misnomer, and bad guys would need to be reading War and Peace while she was trying to retrieve anything bigger than a .22

Not at all. Any gun up to full size 1911 fit in an adjustable holster supported upright for quick draw and it is in its own pocket accessed from the outside.

I think you may stretching it a bit...you know like my peepee ?

On me, being taller and male, plus having more torso than leg (in contrast to female bodies), no prob.

But the gun accessories market is behind on serving women, IMO. Making guy shit slightly smaller and pink works fine for guns, but accessories need a true women's touch, IMO.

Could be a big underserved market opp, for a go getter. I've been there and done that with other stuff and am too lazy to get after it.

They have been making purses with gun pockets longer than you have been alive, ever consider the possibility that you are too stupid to find the good ones?

The violent crime stats you posted included things that are not violent crimes? How am I responsible for your attempt to mislead people?

I'm not attempting to mislead anyone and that's why I used homicide by gun stats to make comparisons. You tried to avoid that and that's how violent crime entered the picture. The best general crime stats for the US are FBI crime stats and I haven't posted them here.

Since these threads are about gun control and not crime, the only crime I'm interested in is gun related. When I'm talking about guns and violence, it ought to be obvious what violence I'm talking about. If you want to make a case that without guns other violence increases, then prove it. Just remember one though, there is a big difference between being stabbed and dead from a gunshot.

As I pointed out, homicide by gun includes self defense, suicide, justifiable homicide, shootings involving police, and, to show just how stupid it is, it even includes legal executions that use guns. You are attempting to deceive people again, I refuse to fall into your trap.

This thread is not about gun control, it is about the idiotic that Obama is calling common sense gun control, none of which is anything less than an attempt to prove to idiots that he is doing something to fix a problem that only exists in the minds of morons.

Why do you even bother to post your propaganda?

If we had 250 homicides by gun per year on par with the UK or 5 times theirs to adjust the population, there wouldn't be an obvious problem, but we had 8,583 in 2011 and that means there is a problem.

So the issue is, if the UK can have a homicide by gun rate that low, why can't we?

It's going to take more than NRA nonsense to explain that away.

NY Gun Law Text

You do know this site has a search function, don't you? You are the one that claimed that it is legal to adapt magazines to hold fewer rounds.

You can easily adapt a magazine to hold less rounds and I was talking about rifles, not revolvers, because they don't have a magazine. The gun illegal thing is nonsense.

Where does it say the magazines are legal? There is a function called reading what' in front of your face.

Why do you even bother to post your propaganda?

If we had 250 homicides by gun per year on par with the UK or 5 times theirs to adjust the population, there wouldn't be an obvious problem, but we had 8,583 in 2011 and that means there is a problem.

So the issue is, if the UK can have a homicide by gun rate that low, why can't we?

It's going to take more than NRA nonsense to explain that away.

I don't live in the UK, I don't give a frack how many people die there because of stupid laws, I care about stupid laws here killing people because I might be one of the ones that dies. Guns do not cause violence, they do not cause gun violence, they don't do anything except lay where they are placed.

Where does it say the magazines are legal? There is a function called reading what' in front of your face.

I had the part where it said the magazines are illegal highlighted in red. Your denial of reality is a function of being caught in a blatant lie.

The evidence is he killed her and stole her guns. Unless you have something to contradict that I stand by that statement.

We don't know how she was killed, because the only evidence is she is dead.

Right.

First, he killed his mother.

Sandy Hook School Shooting: Adam Lanza Kills 26 And Himself At Connecticut School (LIVE UPDATES)

You must be paid to be stupid.

Show me anywhere in the news where it was reported how the mother died! Claiming that he killed the mother and took the guns was never reported in any news story I read. The way the mother was killed was never reported. The simple fact is I qualified what I said and simply said I never saw it.

You're the one who is stupid.

He killed the mother first and then went to the school and did those killings. That was reported. If you want to claim he killed his mother somehow and then took the guns, prove it by a source! The reason you people have to prove things is you make shit up all the time and it wouldn't make a difference if it's true. I only said I didn't see it.

Who would trust a bunch of liars like you people?

You're the one who is stupid.

He killed the mother first and then went to the school and did those killings. That was reported. If you want to claim he killed his mother somehow and then took the guns, prove it by a source! The reason you people have to prove things is you make shit up all the time and it wouldn't make a difference if it's true. I only said I didn't see it.

Who would trust a bunch of liars like you people?

Ouch my head make it stop

Forum List

Back